{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Isn't the Bios Mod the newest (A10) version of Dell's official BIOS?

If so, can I flash with their tool?

And what will happen if I wont flash it?

Why only here you tell to flash it, and on any other guide no?

EDIT:

without the Bios Mod for now, I cannot get it to boot!

i tried:

GraphicEnabler=no

GE=no -f

GE=no -v

GE=yes

GE=yes -f

GE=yes -v

PCIRootUID=1 -x

how should i get it to boot?!?!??!

The bios is modified one and contains CPU power management patch. u want be able to boot without that, but its possible. as Mohammed already mentioned if u dont want to flash bios go patch AppleIntelCPUManagement kext urself. i would recommend to flash the bios cuz there wont be need to patch kext all the time after updates.

if its os problem and u have x86 windows use afuwin32 (use google to find) dll s to flash

hey people! When u use wifi on Mountain lion does your led near power, hdd etc. blink. Mine works on all oses except os x.. help! I use ar5b92

The bios is modified one and contains CPU power management patch. u want be able to boot without that, but its possible. as Mohammed already mentioned if u dont want to flash bios go patch AppleIntelCPUManagement kext urself. i would recommend to flash the bios cuz there wont be need to patch kext all the time after updates.

if its os problem and u have x86 windows use afuwin32 (use google to find) dll s to flash

i can flash the bios, but will the system could boot without it?

i want to boot it, and if it will be OK to flash the BIOS.

10.8.1 update

just update from app store

restart

boot with

UseKernelCache=No

after boot go to

system / library / extensions / IOAHCIFamily.kext / content / plugins

and replace this kext IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext.zip

and rebuild cache and boot normal

good luck

the exam came difficult so no time to help every one for now !!

I've made the DOK with your video (for Lion) and flashed the BIOS.

If I'm not wrong, this is all I have to do before installing. (of course i did the part with the pre installation files)

Maybe the i5 2430m isn't compatible with these files?

hey don't use the dsdt for the i5 is does not work i had problem to and u must do the bios mod to fix powermangementcpu

Booting from pendrive work but when i boot from disk i get boot0:error. What can i do ?

Here you go !!!!!

Fix Boot0 Error

Procedure

Start unpkg, and drag the Chimera file that you downloaded onto the unpkg window. Unpkg will create a folder named "Chimera" on your desktop.

boot0+1.png

In the "Chimera" folder, go to usr->standalone->i386 and copy the boot1h folder into a USB drive. Remember the name of the USB drive (you will need it later).

boot0+2.png

Restart your computer, and boot from your ###### USB drive, your retail Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD, or your xMove partition. Don't worry; you won't have to reinstall Mac OS X.

Once the Mac OS X Installer starts, open Disk Utility by opening the "Utilities" menu in the menu bar.

boot+3+also.png

In Disk Utility, select the hard disk partition where Mac OS X is installed from the sidebar, and unmount it.

boot0+3.png

Once that's done, close Disk Utility and open Terminal from the Utilities window.

boot0+4.png

In terminal, type:

diskutil list

This will output a list of all of your hard disks. Find the name of the hard disk that Mac OS X is installed on (the one you just unmounted), and remember the hard disk's identifier. You'll probably want to write this down so that you can remember it later.

boot0+5.png

If you haven't already, plug in the USB drive with the boot1h file inside. Then, in terminal, type:

cd /Volumes/"USB Drive"

Don't forget to include the space between cd and /Volumes/"USB Drive".

Replace "USB Drive" with the name of your USB drive (include the quotation marks), which you should have remembered before. This command changes the folder that Terminal is working on (cd stands for "change directory). Now, everything you type in Terminal will apply to the files in your USB drive, including the boot1h file.

Once you've made Terminal focus on your USB drive, type:

dd if=boot1h of=/dev/identifier

Replace "identifier" (don't include the quotation marks) with the identifier for your hard disk that you unmounted. This command reads the boot1h file, and then writes it to your hard disk.

Reboot, and the Chimera bootscreen will be able to load!

^^

for boot 0 error see it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=271573&st=460&p=1827053entry1827053

it is good with me and i'm try this method in Mountain Lion GM / AND FINAL without any problem

to moahmed khiry

what about new update ?? 10.8.1 ??

and i'm Finally done all my problem with ssdt and extra

tank you very much mohammed ..you make me learn my self ..and ilove it !!!

allah with you mohammed <3

I've made the DOK with your video (for Lion) and flashed the BIOS.

If I'm not wrong, this is all I have to do before installing. (of course i did the part with the pre installation files)

Maybe the i5 2430m isn't compatible with these files?

you must extract ssdt of your cpu from package i linked

hmm. just leave extra folder how it is, and dont touch s/l/e directory. dont replace any ssdt or whatever. boot with -v -f UseKernelCache=No. Did u flash bios for sure? cuz the error was for cpu power man. didnt u replace this kext in s/l/e. that may be the case

does anyone know how to dual boot windows 8 and mountain lion ?

install windows 8 in another partition ..

after installation done will boot normally to windows 8 without chameleon boot to solve it

plug your mountain lion usb and boot to mac

and re-install chameleon

My OS X ML is finally booting :D

I have only two problems:

1. Chamelon (did I wrote it correctly?!) gives error0 and then Windows boots (I can boot with the installation flash drive)

2. USB3.0 wont work. I insalled the kexts on the 2nd post, but it won't work...

Thanks for helpers :thumbsup_anim:

for boot 0

make your mountain usb with this method

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=271573&st=460&p=1827053entry1827053

will fix boot 0 ..

for boot 0

make your mountain usb with this method

http://www.insanelym...3

will fix boot 0 ..

Thanks, I'll try it!

But first, the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext problem came back! I get Kernel Panic.

I didn't change anything... Only installed 10.8.1, but I've booted normally after that.

What could it be? I've flashed the BIOS, and everything worked properly couple of min. before this started.

Thanks for helpers!

EDIT:

Booting :D

I'll now try the guide you gave :)

And I think the brightness is low...