[GUIDE] OS X Lion on Intel D945GCLF2 Atom 330

nozyczek

62 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tried to update to 10.7.2 on a cloned hard drive. Unfortunatly it did not work so well. I've install the combo update and then executed nozyczek's script again. After that the reboot stopped with the message "waiting for boot device". Starting in "no cache" mode was possible, but iTunes crashed at start and iCloud did not work.

So I'm sticking to 10.7.1 with the DP4 kernel at the moment.

Tried to update to 10.7.2 on a cloned hard drive. Unfortunatly it did not work so well. I've install the combo update and then executed nozyczek's script again. After that the reboot stopped with the message "waiting for boot device". Starting in "no cache" mode was possible, but iTunes crashed at start and iCloud did not work.

So I'm sticking to 10.7.1 with the DP4 kernel at the moment.

Thx for the feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this perfect guide.

I had instant success just follow your steps. I also did the online update 10.7.2 without running the installer again without any problem.

The only not working is the Microphone. Not so important, but maybe someone can confirm having the same problem.

Thank you very much for this perfect guide.

I had instant success just follow your steps. I also did the online update 10.7.2 without running the installer again without any problem.

The only not working is the Microphone. Not so important, but maybe someone can confirm having the same problem.

I have 10.7.2 installed. I used the guide and had 10.7.1 installed. I downloaded the combo update from apples site. I am using the 10.7.1 kernel that is on nawcoms site. I cannot comment on the sound issue you have since my hackintosh is a server and has no audio components hooked up to it. What I do know that works is video, network and usb devices.

Good to hear! I'll give it another try without running the nozyczek installer again.

To get this right, you did following steps:

1. Install with nozyczek guide.

2. Update to 10.7.1, run nozyczek installer again (this is where I am right now, with a perfectly running system).

3. Update to 10.7.2 and replace the kernel with nawcoms 10.7.1 version. Don't run nozyczek's installer again.

Does iCloud work for you? It's the only reason I want to update to 10.7.2

Good to hear! I'll give it another try without running the nozyczek installer again.

To get this right, you did following steps:

1. Install with nozyczek guide.

2. Update to 10.7.1, run nozyczek installer again (this is where I am right now, with a perfectly running system).

3. Update to 10.7.2 and replace the kernel with nawcoms 10.7.1 version. Don't run nozyczek's installer again.

Does iCloud work for you? It's the only reason I want to update to 10.7.2

I cannot test iCloud as I do not have an iCloud device. As per updating to 10.7.2 I did the combo 10.7.2 and just applied the nawcom 10.7.1 kernel. I did not run the nozyczek's installer again.

I cannot test iCloud as I do not have an iCloud device. As per updating to 10.7.2 I did the combo 10.7.2 and just applied the nawcom 10.7.1 kernel. I did not run the nozyczek's installer again.

I got it to work on my D945GCLF Atom230 board! Updated with the combo installer, without running nozyczek's installer again. Still using the mach_kernel_dp4_atom_apic kernel. Nawcom's kernel gives me an endless reboot cycle.

For iCloud, I had to update Chameleon to the latest version (Chameleon-2.1svn-r1684, found it at www.osx86.net). Now everything works, including iCloud! Thanks for make try it again!

I also have no microphone, so I don't know if this works or not.

I got it to work on my D945GCLF Atom230 board! Updated with the combo installer, without running nozyczek's installer again. Still using the mach_kernel_dp4_atom_apic kernel. Nawcom's kernel gives me an endless reboot cycle.

For iCloud, I had to update Chameleon to the latest version (Chameleon-2.1svn-r1684, found it at www.osx86.net). Now everything works, including iCloud! Thanks for make try it again!

I also have no microphone, so I don't know if this works or not.

How did you get the appstore to work?

• 2 weeks later...

@jznomoney:

Search the forum, there are various threads about this.

@buoo:

I've tried the 64 kernel, did not work. Stuck at the Chameleon boot screen. I'm wondering why your kernel has only 7 MB. The DP4 version has 15MB.

The DP4 kernel is running just fine. What will be the benefit to get the 10.7.2 kernel?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Im having problems with my usb mobile broadband modem, if I leave it connected the computer freezes when the boot up next time. It also seems the over all function is not what it should be, Im thinking there is a power supply problem. The psu I have in this box is very small only 50 w. Am I right any ideas guys? Anyway Im gonna try with a powered usb hub and report back. Oh I have the latest driver for the modem so that should be ok.

• 2 weeks later...

nozyczek,

I am using your step by step procedure, and creating the USB stick, installing the initial OSX goes off without a hitch, however, since I just downloaded from the App store the Latest Lion (10.7.2), I am afraid that if affects the outcome. I am getting the dreadful "waiting on boot device" after running the automatic installer after OSX install. There was some talk of a 10.7.1 kernel, is this a feasible option? Any comments?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to nozyczek's guide, I've got 10.7.2 running on my atom.

j_jack-

The problem with the "waiting on boot device" in 10.7.2 is the ethernet kext. I got the latest version here. Delete the old one, and run the installer for the new one.

To get the cloud working, I updated to the latest Chameleon. Then, I followed directions in this post.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...