[1337] QE/CI x3100 (GMA965 0x2a02) on Lion GM

gbuzogany

50 posts in this topic

Hey! I never posted something in forums, all the time I was able to find out a solution using google.

This time it's reeealy hard, because GMA965 got old and i think that nobody else is trying to make Lion GM work in it.

Because of that, i need help of some 1337 members! Hope somebody is able to find out what is wrong!

What I want: Enable QE/CI (you know that when it's disabled: worst user experience ever).

Okay, so, current scenario:

- GMA965 (x3100 0x2a02 Rev 0x0003) working on Lion GM with QE/CI disabled, at 1280x800x32 and 32 bits mode (64-bit Kernel and Extensions: No)

- It's (obviously) a laptop!

- Everything else works fine!

What I already tried:

- Many other kexts from kexts.com (no success!)

-> Some kexts result in a black screen (verbose mode) with mouse cursor blinking (dont know why... maybe driver restarting?)

-> Some kexts result in a 1024x768 resolution only, and no QE/CI

- DSDT.aml

-> default, extracted from system using DSDTSE

-> nothing different, QE/CI disabled

-> patched, using DSDTSE x3100 laptop hack

-> nothing different, QE/CI disabled

- Chameleon GraphicsEnabler=Yes

-> Always used that, QE/CI disabled

Now, I know that QE/CI is supported by this card (GMA965 0x2a02 Rev 0x003) because this card is the one in Macbook White Late 2008.

Another important info: QE/CI works fine in Snow Leopard 10.6.8 in this laptop (I was using it about a week ago, now i'm fighting with the Lion :D)

I dont' know why it isn't enabled natively... It works fine on the Macbook White Late 2008 :)

I am attaching my DSDT.aml, maybe needed to find out what's wrong.

dsdt.aml.zip

You try running it in 32 bit mode? I have the same card, and in lion my graphics aren't as smooth as snow leopard, but I get the ripple in the dashboard which I read someplace means QE/CI is enabled. Anyone know if that's true? I'm running the stock graphics kexts btw.

You try running it in 32 bit mode? I have the same card, and in lion my graphics aren't as smooth as snow leopard, but I get the ripple in the dashboard which I read someplace means QE/CI is enabled. Anyone know if that's true? I'm running the stock graphics kexts btw.

Yep, 32 bits mode. I am using the stock kexts, and in my case adding something in the dashboard don't result in any ripple effect :) Strange... maybe some difference in the cards? Are you using some DSDT.aml?

What laptop are you using? I'm using an XPS M1330. I you're using the M1330, I could post a DSDT for you.

I need some help as well. I have a weird issue where my laptop will crash at times, and my mouse will still function, while nothing else will respond. I thought it was related to my graphics chipset, but I'm wondering if it's maybe something else...

Im not in lion right now or I would check, but I think the default way dashboard shows up in lion doesn't do the ripple. You have to make it show up as a space or not as a space or whatever the opposite of the default is in lion to get the ripple. Once u do that, it ripples, lol.

I'm no MalDon, but here, try this.

gbuzogany.dsdt.aml.zip

Whoa! Different results! Now, when I start, i get a black screen with artifacts, but its some advance!

What did you do?

Im not in lion right now or I would check, but I think the default way dashboard shows up in lion doesn't do the ripple. You have to make it show up as a space or not as a space or whatever the opposite of the default is in lion to get the ripple. Once u do that, it ripples, lol.

Nope, even that way, no waves! Im sure that QE/CI is disabled.

Already tried, got a black screen :/

I'm no MalDon, but here, try this.

gbuzogany.dsdt.aml.zip

I saw what you did... Got that method from GFX and copied to GFX0... and that caused me to have wrong output, but at least some different results! I think the way to make it work is in DSDT.aml...

I will make some tests then I will post the results soon.

You are with sure the best hackintosh forum in the world!

Guys! Problem solved.

Just updated to lion retail version and QE/CI worked!

Do you mind if I try to summarize everything, and you could correct my mistakes?

GMA X3100, dev 2a02 rev 0003 works on retail version (not GM? you've tried GM) on 64-bit mode with QE/CI and full support, external monitor, etc.?

If this is really end of the problems with these cards, I'm just surprised. Tell us something more about it.

Guys! Problem solved.

Just updated to lion retail version and QE/CI worked!

:)

Thanks a lot, you are awesome.

Can you check and tell me what build number you have?

11A494 or 11A511

hello guys,

i have the same video card but with build 11A511 i just get the correct resolution for my screen (1280 x 800) but not the quartz extreme enabled.... i already tried the next i had on 10.6.8 and no success just the resolution but not the hardware acceleration.... please gbuzogany if you can post the kext you're using so we can try them.....

thanks in advance

if anyone know how to enable the qe/ci we will be grateful

ok guys i finally made it!!!!!

this is what i have done to make it work

clean install mac os x lion final from usb drive

when it boots, i download kext helper and clicked tag cache rebuild

then i installed chameleon and in preference i selected in Peripherals: Graphics Mode 1280x800x32 and also check marked Graphics enabler and in advanced i checked kernel (mach_kernel) arch (i386) restart Fix, Generate P states , generate c states

then i restarted... and voila!!! i had the qe/ci enabled

my hardware

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6852

Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz

3Gb ram

Intel GMA x3100 (Gma 965)

i hope this can help you

i dont install any driver this time .... on 64 bits only 1-24x768 was available but when i tag cache rebuild and boot on 32 bits.... the magic just happened

again... i hope this will give you a hint of what to do

good luck guys

Puoi lasciare un link del chamaelon esatto che hai usato? sai ci sono tante versioni in giro di chameleon ufficiali e non ufficiali. Grazie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can leave a link chamaeleon correct that you used? You know there are many versions around the chameleon official and unofficial. thanks

Puoi lasciare un link del chamaelon esatto che hai usato? sai ci sono tante versioni in giro di chameleon ufficiali e non ufficiali. Grazie

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can leave a link chamaeleon correct that you used? You know there are many versions around the chameleon official and unofficial. thanks

this is what i've used, hope you can make it work on yours like me.

https://rapidshare.com/files/4274857399/Cha...0-RC5-r1083.pkg

tool.zip

hello guys,

i have the same video card but with build 11A511 i just get the correct resolution for my screen (1280 x 800) but not the quartz extreme enabled.... i already tried the next i had on 10.6.8 and no success just the resolution but not the hardware acceleration.... please gbuzogany if you can post the kext you're using so we can try them.....

thanks in advance

if anyone know how to enable the qe/ci we will be grateful

same problem here...can somebody post the extensions from the retail version please?

ok guys i finally made it!!!!!

this is what i have done to make it work

clean install mac os x lion final from usb drive

when it boots, i download kext helper and clicked tag cache rebuild

then i installed chameleon and in preference i selected in Peripherals: Graphics Mode 1280x800x32 and also check marked Graphics enabler and in advanced i checked kernel (mach_kernel) arch (i386) restart Fix, Generate P states , generate c states

then i restarted... and voila!!! i had the qe/ci enabled

my hardware

Toshiba Satellite A305-S6852

Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz

3Gb ram

Intel GMA x3100 (Gma 965)

i hope this can help you

i dont install any driver this time .... on 64 bits only 1-24x768 was available but when i tag cache rebuild and boot on 32 bits.... the magic just happened

again... i hope this will give you a hint of what to do

good luck guys

i do the guide with chameleon rc5 1083, but still no luck with my graphic adapter driver, still suck,,, :D

i have compaq 2210b and with gma 965, when using stock driver it can play video but my mouse is LAG, and i change my vga driver from

http://www.kexts.com/view/1148-x3100_64bit...w_and_lion.html

and mouse LAG has gone away, but i video playback seem stuttering, doesn't have hardware acceleration

please anybody check my dsdt and other plist setting in attachment

angelz_dsdt_1.zip