[Solved] ATI 4850 thinks I have a second display connected

hyperduc

11 posts in this topic

Used atienabler in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

It thinks that I have an additional VGA display 800x600 connected on my second port. This did not happen in previews builds.

If I connect a second display, it will not detect or use it.

Any ideas how to remove the VGA display or get dual monitors working?

Edit: Solved by adding to com.apple.boot.plist in /E/E

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

This even works with dual monitors! Plugged a second DVI display in and it immediately detected it.

Thanks guys :(

Create a new key "AtiConfig" with "Motmot" value in /Extra/com.apple.boot.plist

<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Motmot</string>

for me "Flicker" value is working but there a lot of available settings:

Alopias, Alouatta, Baboon, Cardinal, Caretta, Colobus, Douc, Eulemur, Flicker, Galago, Gliff, Hoolock, Hypoprion, Iago, Kakapo, Kipunji, Lamna, Langur, Megalodon, Motmot, Nomascus, Orangutan, Peregrine, Quail, Raven, Shrike, Sphyrna, Triakis, Uakari, Vervet, Zonalis

Hope this helps.

I will try this. Can you steer me in the direction of where the aticonfig file is to edit?

You need to add "<key>AtiConfig</key><string>Motmot</string>" into "com.apple.Boot.plist" file which is in the /Extra folder.

• 10 months later...

i have a ati hd4650 vga out..i am using Lion 10.7.2..everything works great..the onle problem is osx thinks i have 2 display altough i have just 1 display via vga out..

i tried graphics enabler both yes and no.. its still the same..

i tried different framebuffers..no solution..

help me please..any idea ?

Aside from graphics enabler and using the appropriate framebuffer, you can specify the number of ports for your card in Chameleon, i.e.:

AtiPorts

if that does not solve the problem when combined with any of the possible framebuffers for your card, you may need to manually edit the frambuffer's sense IDs to match your cards outputs. There are a couple guides on this here in the forums.

thank you mate..but it didnt solve my problem..it still see that i have 2 display..and about framebuffers..i dont really know which one is exactly matches my graphic card..and i dont have any idea how to edit framebuffer

if i buy and use a dvi to vga adapter..and i get output from dvi to my monitor's vga..would it solve the problem ?..

if trying different frame buffers had zero effect, then you did not do it properly. At the very least using a incompatible frame buffer will make your screen a garbled mess or completely black, so aside from picking the correct one to fix it, you should at least have no problem temporarily making things worse. To check what frame buffer is currently loaded, in terminal type: ioreg | grep ATY

You will need xcode command line tools if you don't have them already.