Native NTFS?

CarlosCheddar

9 posts in this topic

i have 10.7 too but i havent tested that feature, im assuming that lion, like snow, has the ability to atleast read a ntfs partiton w/o anything extra. in snow i use NTFS-3G for write support. ill have to try and see if lion will write to ntfs. :)

i have 10.7 too but i havent tested that feature, im assuming that lion, like snow, has the ability to atleast read a ntfs partiton w/o anything extra. in snow i use NTFS-3G for write support. ill have to try and see if lion will write to ntfs. :)

Yeah it reads just fine like SL but I can't write to it. I didn't want to install NTFS-3G before asking here because I heard of the native functionality. But maybe they were just rumors I'll wait and see.

Native NTFS write support is actually built-in to Snow Leopard, but it is a hidden feature.

Here's how to enable it: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?stor...&query=ntfs

CAUTION: I have had problems with it before, not to serious though. Make sure you run Check Disk in Windows on the drive first before mounting it after you edit the fstab.

Native NTFS write support is actually built-in to Snow Leopard, but it is a hidden feature.

Here's how to enable it: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?stor...&query=ntfs

CAUTION: I have had problems with it before, not to serious though. Make sure you run Check Disk in Windows on the drive first before mounting it after you edit the fstab.

Did you try this method in Lion? I tried it and it didn't work but maybe I did something wrong. I'm not sure.

Did you try this method in Lion? I tried it and it didn't work but maybe I did something wrong. I'm not sure.

Well if you followed the tutorial to a "T" and it doesn't work, then Lion might work differently. I was sure that it would work though. I don't have a machine capable of running Lion at the moment so I can't try it myself. Works in SL though.