Lion installation via USB stick using Chameleon

MaLd0n

1,466 posts in this topic

I do not know how to solve this

remove _DSM into device PNP0303

try it

I hope someone can help you

MaLd0n, i found out if i plug the usb mouse on the right side of laptop. Everything boots up fine, but once I plug into the left side it KP. I had shut it down, restarted several times now and no kp. Why?

MaLd0n, i found out if i plug the usb mouse on the right side of laptop. Everything boots up fine, but once I plug into the left side it KP. I had shut it down, restarted several times now and no kp. Why?

I have no idea

do some tests

remove _DSM the USB devices

:(

Daniel Daniel Danielitos..help

:) I've remove Null ...and i insert C and P state in CABP .

Why my cpu increase temp and geekbench is slow score?

you can study this problem for magnifico uncle?

Hey uncle MAG

yep

send me boot.plist

Hi nice guide!

I'm at the step where I'm supposed to boot from the usb to install, but I get this error:

boot0: error

How can I fix it ?

I have 2 500 gb hard drives

1 has windows 7 on it.

the other is devided into 2 partitions which are empty(for osx)

When I try to boot from usb it goes directly to windows 7 , if the windows 7 hdd is selected to boof first. If the windows 7 hdd is not selected to boot first but the other empty hdd is, it results in that error above.

EDIT : Never mind. I either forgot to install chameleon or reinstalling it resolved my problem. :)

Everything working here except sleep. How did you guys get sleep working?

System:

Core i7 2600k 4.5 ghz

Asrock p67 Extreme 4 B3

12gb ram

Ati 5850

Also why are there no animations(rippling) for when you drop widgets to the dashboard? :D

Would anyone happen to know why I am experiencing keyboard issues? Beginning the installation, the language selection screen does not respond to keyboard or mouse presses. The mouse moves and takes ~10 minutes before the language screen is automatically skipped with English selected. The installation continues without a hitch afterwards. Upon completing installation and upon each boot, my keyboard and mouse do the same thing. It takes another ~10 minutes before I am able to type my password to login.

Is there anything to prevent this from occurring during either the installation or post installation of Lion with USB keyboard/mouse?

@MaLd0n

Switches were already in the boot.plist... but will take out the NullPC.. Not sure if that might have caused an issue I had last night. I shut down the hack twice and each time powered off as expected but the fans kept running. Had to flick the safety switch.

However the issue I was asking for help with has to do with Sleep Enablement. I have never been able to put the machine to sleep and wake it successfully by mouse or keyboard... The system state always remained suspended, or it would simply reboot the system... Tried many kexts but could not get any to work

Intel DP43Tf mobo.... South American Issue...

Would anyone happen to know why I am experiencing keyboard issues? Beginning the installation, the language selection screen does not respond to keyboard or mouse presses. The mouse moves and takes ~10 minutes before the language screen is automatically skipped with English selected. The installation continues without a hitch afterwards. Upon completing installation and upon each boot, my keyboard and mouse do the same thing. It takes another ~10 minutes before I am able to type my password to login.

Is there anything to prevent this from occurring during either the installation or post installation of Lion with USB keyboard/mouse?

I had this issue too... I reckon your usb ports are not being picked up... you need to add the following keys

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UHCIreset</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

to the com.apple.boot.plist file in your Extra folder...

Suggest you even add this before trying to install Lion.

This is typical if you are using an apple keyboard with mouse plugged into the KBd. If you have another windows Kbd lying about use that instead from a main usb port and likewise the mouse...

Open up "Disk Utility" and remove / unload any disk images (not drives). Now try installing Chameleon again and your target option should be available.

Thanks for the reply! I have win7, ubuntu and a common fat32 partitions which were all auto mounting. I unmounted them all and eventually it worked. I tried (ie loading the Chameleon install from my desktop) several times and on about the third time it started working and I could choose a destination. I don't know if there's a lag in unmounting drives or what. Now to try again on the install...

FYI concerning restoring "Mac OS X Base System" to a USB stick. The first time I did an erase in Disk Util I only clicked on the partition and erased that, not the actual disk itself:

In disk util:

7.5GB Imation Nano << Erased this the second time, good

-> 8GBUSBSTICK << I just erased this the first time, bad

I think that was my main bad because the first time I did the restore I thought it was funny that it didnt rename the drive. I ended up eventually getting errors when trying to install (could boot off the USB stick but couldn't find mach_Kernal) so hopefully this one will work better. I also ticked Erase in the restore dialog.

EDIT: Yup this fixed it, I now have a fully functioning bootable USB stick, now for the next problem...

Ram

Thanks for the guide and to the guys helping out on this thread! :P

Sorry for the reply spam, wanted to post new since this is my next issue. Sorry again if someone has asked this, started to read through 35 pages of posts but will take a day to get through it all.

I have a fully functioning Lion USB stick with Chameleon etc that all seems to boot fine until it actually starts to load the OS. It randomly hangs, usually when still in text mode. I did manage to get it completely through an install and have installed Lion on a GUID drive, it is currently the only partition on the drive. I get exactly the same issue loading Lion off the HD as with loading the installer off USB, about 1 in 4 tries will get to the UI then will usually hang at some point after that. About half the time it will hang on [ PCI configuraton begin ]

My machine is a Dell m1530, I've installed vanilla Leopard on it many times with no grief and was just running Leopard on it to setup the Lion install.

Any ideas? Should I have put a DSDT on the USB stick before installing?

Can get one from here so no need to generate one

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=190780

BTW in my readings I've seen other people with the Mach_Kernal error, I really think this just has to do with not erasing the USB stick correctly.

:)

What is this error in Kernel Log ?

Please Help

Jul 12 17:30:09 Mac-Pro-di-Carmine kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3866 goto handler
Jul 12 17:30:09 Mac-Pro-di-Carmine kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1153 goto handler
Jul 12 17:30:09 Mac-Pro-di-Carmine kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 3866 goto handler
Jul 12 17:30:09 Mac-Pro-di-Carmine kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != widget->setUnsolicited ( true )" failed in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 1153 goto handler

Do I install kexts in the extra folder or the extensions folder and where do I find the extra folder, I used the app to install it.

Extra/Extensions or S/L/E

Extra in root of the HD

remove NULLCPU and..

<key>EHCIacquire</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UHCIreset</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>USBBusFix</key>

<string>Yes</string>

I add fix in DSDT

try it

*if you use it

use only USBBusFix(all fix)

Where is the fixed DSDT? Will wait for that before I try it. Thanks for your help

Wwere is the fixed DSDT? Will wait for that before I try it. Thanks for your help

USB

try it

only DSDT

remove EHCIacquire, UHCIreset and USBBusFix