Chameleon v2.1 (Main Trunk)

ErmaC

595 posts in this topic

This means i cannot delay buying a 64bit Intel PC any longer if I want to run Lion, maybe in 2012 then :P as I planned anyway, or I can get a new mac mini (I gave my G4 to my sister already)... but I prefer a PC, it is more fun for fooling around...

Yep.. running OS X on these cpu's it's getting close to an end.

Let's wait for kernel sources...

About your setup... first thing that caught my eye... "he didn't used a code box.. damn..." :wacko:

Next, the Mac model you're using; you shouldn't use MacPro3,1 for that cpu; i don't even know how you manage

to boot with it... i used to get kp with MP3,1. You should use Chameleon's default, Macmini2,1 (which by the way, needs to be edited;

2,1 ships with Core 2 Duo).

Really relevant for the booter problem... i don't see nothing :P at least for my knowledge.

AGP, nVidia..??.. at that point of the boot :)

If i did understood you have more hacks, right? If so, is this specific to this setup?

p.s.: Hey, are you using the modules?... specially the Resolution one...

Yep.. running OS X on these cpu's it's getting close to an end.

Let's wait for kernel sources...

About your setup... first thing that caught my eye... "he didn't used a code box.. damn..." -_-

Next, the Mac model you're using; you shouldn't use MacPro3,1 for that cpu; i don't even know how you manage

to boot with it... i use to get kp with MP3,1. You should use Chameleon's default, Macmini2,1 (which by the way, needs to be edited;

2,1 uses Core 2 Duo).

Really relevant for the booter problem... i don't see nothing :P at least for my knowledge.

AGP, nVidia..??.. at that point of the boot :P

If i did understood you have more hacks, right? If so, is this specific to this setup?

p.s.: Hey, are you using the modules?... specially the resolution one...

The graphics card bios gets loaded first, because I get the message about the card before I can enter the BIOS... so yes...

I have never bothered about the Mac Model, and just use whatever I find, here I am using AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext to load the vanilla one... + it picks up info from smbios.plist (again I just use what is available, from hacks)...

In Extra, just some usual injectors for my hardware...

AHCIPortInjector.kext

ATAPortInjector.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

JMicronATAInjector.kext

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext

FakeSMC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

TotallyFixStillWaiting.kext

System is practically vanilla

with the exceptions of:

ACPIMonitor.kext

AGPMInjector.kext

ATY_Init.kext

BroadcomFix.kext

dsmos.kext

EvOreboot.kext

GenericBrightness.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

OpenDSDT_1.0.5.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext

and in /usr/local/bin

nawcom's files: chameleon-install, devls, fdisk and fixkext (last one allowed me to use vanilla graphics files)

For graphics, I edit the usual NVIDIA kexts, I input the vbios I got ripping it from memory of Chameleon process, and data specific about my card in Info.plist of ATY_Init.kext...

I also use the NVIDIA.rom renaming it 10de_02e1.rom (dumped from a bios vid flasher in windows)...

Some further editing of the boot.plist...

All this gives me a perfect Snow Leopard system of my old Prescott Pentium 4 :P

In Tiger and Leopard I use less hacks I think... but then have to use some older kexts and frameworks...

Ah... and NO I never tried to use any of the modules yet... but they are all in their respective directories... (maybe I remove the resolution module? but it might affect badly how boot menu layout looks)

again before you get me wrong, r755 works perfectly, it is afterwards >755 that I get the error...

PS. It will be interesting to see if Lion can be run on a 32bit machine, but if hackable I think it will be slow...

I have never bothered about the Mac Model, and just use whatever I find, here I am using AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext to load the vanilla one... + it picks up info from smbios.plist (again I just use what is available, from hacks)...

You should, though in the case of these old cpu's it doesn't get so important.

Ah... and NO I never tried to use any of the modules yet... but they are all in their respective directories... (maybe I remove the resolution module? but it might affect badly how boot menu layout looks)

There's only one "respective directory" for modules, /Extra/modules... do you have them there?

If so, yep... test removing them. If not add them to test anyway :wacko: i'm not kidding here!

again before you get me wrong, r755 works perfectly, it is afterwards >755 that I get the error...

Ok.. if only i could reproduce the damn thing...

PS. It will be interesting to see if Lion can be run on a 32bit machine, but if hackable I think it will be slow...

Let's wait :(

Hello, guys,

I'm trying to stay on the bleeding edge with the trunk,

but there's something I still cannot figure out ;)

Would you please explain in short the usage of the modules - when/for what purposes

are they normally used ?

Thanx in advance,

cheers

There's only one "respective directory" for modules, /Extra/modules... do you have them there?

If so, yep... test removing them. If not add them to test anyway :P i'm not kidding here!

Let's wait ;)

It works, your suggestion works - removing all modules, I can now boot with no probs. using r1093 :-)

As you also said, it might be the resolution module, I will add it, and see if it gives the error...

if so, the devs who made it can debug it with the info that it crashes when being called from gui.c or any that calls it from gui.c -

I am glad this is out of the way... ;)

for now, I only put modules if I plan to use them, or if it really requires it...

So thanks again for the guidance...

;)

PS> re. respective directories modules, for some reason the modules directory was also in the i386 one, as well as Extra when I used a wizard, so I thought it was initially in i386, and they decided to migrate it to Extra - no idea why I thought that either LOL! :) - anyways I wiped them all for now...

If so, yep... test removing them. If not add them to test anyway :P i'm not kidding here!

Let's wait ;)

Sorry it was a false alert...

The bug comes from one of these modules which come from Anval release, and not from the official Chameleon release which has only three modules...

I had all the modules in modules folder ;)

Official modules:

klibc.dylib

Resolution.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

Anval modules:

ACPIMini.dylib

AcpiPatcher.dylib

CPUfreq.dylib

GraphicsEnabler.dylib

GUI.dylib

HelloWorld.dylib

HibernateEnabler.dylib

HPET.dylib

KernelPatcher.dylib

KextPatcher.dylib

Keymapper.dylib

klibc.dylib

Memory.dylib

NetbookInstaller.dylib

Networking.dylib

RamDiskLoader.dylib

Resolution.dylib

SMBiosGetters.dylib

SMBiosPatcher.dylib

Symbols.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

USBFix.dylib

so one or more of above modules does not like my computer... there are too many to try one by one, but Anval can have a look... it was giving error even with his boot, but was not crashing, so his boot is modified but not enough... but maybe better fix the modules...

Sorry, my mistake, but you pointed me in the right direction, I can load booter without modules, or with the three official modules with no problem...

Official modules:

klibc.dylib

Resolution.dylib

uClibcxx.dylib

Does anyone have a fix for /var/vm/sleepimage being encrypted under 10.7?

The 10.6 fix of configuring system preferences->security, uncheck 'Use secure virtual memory' to allow resume from hibernate no longer shows up as an option under system preferences.

And so, when chameleon attempts to resume from hibernate, it errors out with "Incorrect image signature".

r1102 gave me instant reboot.. :thumbsup_anim:

reverting back to r1078

Azimutz, same problem, (r1102) no boot menu screen...

detail:

freezes at

boot0: done

boot1: /boot

then reboots without other warning...

on the other hand, r1095 is fine...

Azimutz, same problem, (r1102) no boot menu screen...

detail:

freezes at

boot0: done

boot1: /boot

then reboots without other warning...

on the other hand, r1095 is fine...

extra tests:

all Anval/cparm modules from their release above load well except 2.

1. KernelPatcher.dylib gives reboot after the legacy kernel tries to load.

2. GUI.dylib gives the malloc rosbeef error and stop... (so it was the culprit)...

maybe the error in r1102 is similar but from within the boot binary?

cheers greets dude :unsure:

Hello, guys,

I'm trying to stay on the bleeding edge with the trunk,

but there's something I still cannot figure out :)

Would you please explain in short the usage of the modules - when/for what purposes

are they normally used ?

Thanx in advance,

cheers

Atm, none the "Chameleon" modules are mandatory. Refer to the readme's on the code (e.g. readme.txt)

for a description on the respective modules.

You can give a try to Resolution module, if you don't have your native resolution at boot (and/or after login) and

an Intel chipset up to 900 series. Still the module is not finished, but it works on my machine (just like AutoResoution)

if i add the resolution to Boot.plist or theme.plist.

More doubts on the modules? :)

Sorry it was a false alert...

The bug comes from one of these modules which come from Anval release, and not from the official Chameleon release which has only three modules...

I had all the modules in modules folder sad.gif

Sorry, my mistake, but you pointed me in the right direction, I can load booter without modules, or with the three official modules with no problem...

:) you owe me some beers! :P

But, were the hell is that AnVal stuff?.. were's Valv "hiding" these days....

The Gui module was the most problematic one for Meklort; it's not healthy to play with it.

KernelPatcher still works for me... they must have some f... up any were else; anyway, afaik the existing "public" code is obsolete.

About the trunk, stick with r1095 for now; Mek likes to break it now and then :D

I just gave a quick look (and test) at the latest changes; not sure what's wrong yet...

not sure what's wrong yet...

Config keys are being read from the wrong plist. Next time I work on chameleon (tonight), I'll be converting the way keys are read from them to use the XMLCast function (which will break more peoples boot plists). Basically the end result is you will be using <integer> for things like bus ratio and <true/> or <false/> for things like the Wake / GUI / UseKernelCache options. Aka - The code in stringTable.c is going to be removed for the plists, and rewritten for the command line.

More doubts on the modules? :)

:) you owe me some beers! :D

But, were the hell is that AnVal stuff?.. were's Valv "hiding" these days....

The Gui module was the most problematic one for Meklort; it's not healthy to play with it.

KernelPatcher still works for me... they must have some f... up any were else; anyway, afaik the existing "public" code is obsolete.

About the trunk, stick with r1095 for now; Mek likes to break it now and then :)

I just gave a quick look (and test) at the latest changes; not sure what's wrong yet...

Hi Azimutz,

I think got Anval stuff from infinitemac forum...

as I wrote, only 2 modules give errors in my case...

I am already using legacy kernel of nawcom (10.6.8), so no idea what extra stuff this kernel patch module does, it does make loading the legacy 10.8.0 kernel impossible in my case...

the gui module was what giving me the first fatal error I complained about...

I will have a look at the text file, but it will be nice to have a faq about what each module does exactly..., I know now that the module graphicsenabler allowed me to load the video rom into memory to use for the gui, which is great...

so what I guess, is that they want to make boot more modular, and make it call modules when it needs them...

Config keys are being read from the wrong plist. Next time I work on chameleon (tonight), I'll be converting the way keys are read from them to use the XMLCast function (which will break more peoples boot plists). Basically the end result is you will be using <integer> for things like bus ratio and <true/> or <false/> for things like the Wake / GUI / UseKernelCache options. Aka - The code in stringTable.c is going to be removed for the plists, and rewritten for the command line.

Got ya... i'll catch up with you later.

Hi Azimutz,

I think got Anval stuff from infinitemac forum...

as I wrote, only 2 modules give errors in my case...

I am already using legacy kernel of nawcom (10.6.8), so no idea what extra stuff this kernel patch module does, it does make loading the legacy 10.8.0 kernel impossible in my case...

the gui module was what giving me the first fatal error I complained about...

I will have a look at the text file, but it will be nice to have a faq about what each module does exactly..., I know now that the module graphicsenabler allowed me to load the video rom into memory to use for the gui, which is great...

so what I guess, is that they want to make boot more modular, and make it call modules when it needs them...

I checked InfiniteMac but only found "old" stuff...

KernelPatcher should be used only with vanilla kernel; it doesn't expect a patched kernel, were things can be out of place.

GraphicsEnabler module is just the GE code stripped from Chameleon core and turned into a module; someone that doesn't

need GE can just ignore it. This is one of the modules advantages, to cut down on the booter size; they also allow to add

new functionality without changing the booter core or with minimal changes.

There's nothing complicated about modules for the end user :blink:

p.s.: Ok, found the booter on InfiniteMac, but it has nothing to do with AnVal!

AnVal is based on some Andyvand's work and put together by Valv.

Edited by Azimutz

no matter, my confusion... have been out of touch for too long ;)

I got all the modules together from cparm_AnV_boot.zip, and I cannot remember where I got the file, maybe on here?

what I said holds on the modules they collected or made/amended...

I am very pleased with netkas ati/nvidia injector, that allows to make an AGP card look like a PCI-e card...

but on its own, I can get qe/ci only if I use old kexts from first 10.6.0 release...

another thing, I made a little modification to DSDT.aml so that it reads the info from slot 0, and not slot 1 PCIRoot...

i got vbios from a dump of a GE enabled chameleon,

also the videorom from windows NiBiTor.v6.02,

i input the gfestring of the vidcard from using osx86tools (efiutil studio give same), but it is for pci-e card, so maybe netkas trick helped here...

but the end result I see is that it actually loads info of the card from the videorom, written as vendid_userid.rom...

what is strange, I cannot do without netkas injector, if I remove it, I get blinking pale blue screen...

anyway that was the thing on the vidcard...

I haven't tried to use pure dsdt.aml....

no matter, my confusion... have been out of touch for too long :(

I got all the modules together from cparm_AnV_boot.zip, and I cannot remember where I got the file, maybe on here?

You probably got it from InfiniteMac... nevermind, Cparm updated his branch today with "the stuff"...

I am very pleased with netkas ati/nvidia injector, that allows to make an AGP card look like a PCI-e card...

but on its own, I can get qe/ci only if I use old kexts from first 10.6.0 release...

what is strange, I cannot do without netkas injector, if I remove it, I get blinking pale blue screen...

As you mention, the kext is doing the job of making your card look like it's on a pci bus;

if you remove it, kaput. Don't think there's another way with an AGP card?!

Strange... or not :P do you have to patch any kext?

By the way, i've been assuming your cpu has em64t.. is that true?

You probably got it from InfiniteMac... nevermind, Cparm updated his branch today with "the stuff"...

As you mention, the kext is doing the job of making your card look like it's on a pci bus;

if you remove it, kaput. Don't think there's another way with an AGP card?!

Strange... or not :censored2: do you have to patch any kext?

By the way, i've been assuming your cpu has em64t.. is that true?

Patch kext > dev_id, ven_id in info.plist's og GeForce.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext, and some modifications NVIDIA section of ATY_Init.kext...

My CPU is Prescott CPU 478 socket, and although it has the 64bit capability, it is disabled, I think the 3.4 GHz model has it enabled...

Details of CPU/Mobo: -Everest-

CPU Properties:

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4

CPU Alias Prescott

CPU Stepping C0

Engineering Sample No

CPUID CPU Name Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

CPUID Revision 00000F33h

CPU Speed:

CPU Clock 2992.3 MHz (original: 3000 MHz)

CPU Multiplier 15.0x

CPU FSB 199.5 MHz (original: 200 MHz)

Memory Bus 199.5 MHz

DRAM:FSB Ratio 1:1

CPU Cache:

L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions

L1 Data Cache 16 KB

L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Motherboard Properties:

Motherboard ID <DMI>

Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 8300

Chipset Properties:

Motherboard Chipset Intel Canterwood i875P

Memory Timings 3-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

BIOS Properties:

System BIOS Date 09/27/04

Video BIOS Date 06/27/06

DMI BIOS Version A07

Graphics Processor Properties:

Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP

GPU Code Name G73GSAGP (AGP 8x 10DE / 02E1, Rev A2)

GPU Clock 401 MHz (original: 400 MHz)

Memory Clock 398 MHz (original: 400 MHz)

CPU Properties:

CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

CPU Alias Prescott

CPU Stepping C0

Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3

Original Clock 3000 MHz

Min / Max CPU Multiplier 14x / 15x

Engineering Sample No

L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions

L1 Data Cache 16 KB

L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU:

Motherboard ID DELL Dim 8300

CPU #0 Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 MHz

CPU #1 Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 2992 MHz

CPU Physical Info:

Package Type 478 Pin uPGA

Package Size 3.50 cm x 3.50 cm

Transistors 125 million

Process Technology 7M, 90 nm, CMOS, Cu, Low-K Inter-Layer, High-K Gate, Strained Si

Die Size 112 mm2

Core Voltage 1.4 V

I/O Voltage 1.4 V

Typical Power 89 W @ 3.00 GHz

Maximum Power 109 W @ 3.00 GHz

CPU Manufacturer:

Company Name Intel Corporation

Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/processor

CPU Utilization:

CPU #1 / HTT Unit #1 35 %

CPU #1 / HTT Unit #2 20 %

CPUID Properties:

CPUID Manufacturer GenuineIntel

CPUID CPU Name Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz

CPUID Revision 00000F33h

IA Brand ID 00h (Unknown)

Platform ID 1Fh / MC 04h (Socket 478)

IA CPU Serial Number Unknown

Microcode Update Revision C

HTT / CMP Units 2 / 1

Instruction Set:

64-bit x86 Extension (AMD64, Intel64) Not Supported

AMD 3DNow! Not Supported

AMD 3DNow! Professional Not Supported

AMD 3DNowPrefetch Not Supported

AMD Enhanced 3DNow! Not Supported

AMD Extended MMX Not Supported

AMD MisAligned SSE Not Supported

AMD SSE4A Not Supported

Cyrix Extended MMX Not Supported

IA-64 Not Supported

IA MMX Supported

IA SSE Supported

IA SSE 2 Supported

IA SSE 3 Supported

IA Supplemental SSE 3 Not Supported

IA SSE 4 Not Supported

VIA Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported

CLFLUSH Instruction Supported

CMPXCHG8B Instruction Supported

CMPXCHG16B Instruction Not Supported

Conditional Move Instruction Supported

MONITOR / MWAIT Instruction Supported

POPCNT / LZCNT Instruction Not Supported

RDTSCP Instruction Not Supported

SYSCALL / SYSRET Instruction Not Supported

SYSENTER / SYSEXIT Instruction Supported

VIA FEMMS Instruction Not Supported

Security Features:

Advanced Cryptography Engine (ACE) Not Supported

Data Execution Prevention (DEP, NX, EDB) Not Supported

Hardware Random Number Generator (RNG) Not Supported

Montgomery Multiplier & Hash Engine Not Supported

Processor Serial Number (PSN) Not Supported

Power Management Features:

Automatic Clock Control Supported

Digital Thermometer Not Supported

Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Not Supported

Enhanced SpeedStep Technology (EIST, ESS) Not Supported

Frequency ID Control Not Supported

Hardware P-State Control Not Supported

LongRun Not Supported

LongRun Table Interface Not Supported

PowerSaver 1.0 Not Supported

PowerSaver 2.0 Not Supported

PowerSaver 3.0 Not Supported

Processor Duty Cycle Control Supported

Software Thermal Control Not Supported

Temperature Sensing Diode Not Supported

Thermal Monitor 1 Supported

Thermal Monitor 2 Not Supported

Thermal Monitoring Not Supported

Thermal Trip Not Supported

Voltage ID Control Not Supported

CPUID Features:

1 GB Page Size Not Supported

36-bit Page Size Extension Supported

Address Region Registers (ARR) Not Supported

CPL Qualified Debug Store Supported

Debug Trace Store Supported

Debugging Extension Supported

Direct Cache Access Not Supported

Fast Save & Restore Supported

Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) Supported, Enabled

L1 Context ID Supported

Local APIC On Chip Supported

Machine Check Architecture (MCA) Supported

Machine Check Exception (MCE) Supported

Memory Configuration Registers (MCR) Not Supported

Memory Type Range Registers (MTRR) Supported

Model Specific Registers (MSR) Supported

Nested Paging Not Supported

Page Attribute Table (PAT) Supported

Page Global Extension Supported

Page Size Extension (PSE) Supported

Pending Break Event Supported

Physical Address Extension (PAE) Supported

Safer Mode Extensions (SMX) Not Supported

Secure Virtual Machine Extensions (Pacifica) Not Supported

Self-Snoop Supported

Time Stamp Counter (TSC) Supported

Virtual Machine Extensions (Vanderpool) Not Supported

Virtual Mode Extension Supported

Motherboard Properties:

Motherboard ID <DMI>

Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 8300

Front Side Bus Properties:

Bus Type Intel GTL+

Bus Width 64-bit

Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)

Effective Clock 800 MHz

Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Memory Bus Properties:

Bus Type DDR SDRAM

Bus Width 64-bit

DRAM:FSB Ratio 1:1

Real Clock 200 MHz (DDR)

Effective Clock 400 MHz

Bandwidth 3200 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:

Bus Type Intel Hub Interface

Bus Width 8-bit

Real Clock 67 MHz (QDR)

Effective Clock 267 MHz

Bandwidth 267 MB/s

Motherboard Manufacturer:

Company Name Dell Computer Corporation

Product Information http://www.dell.com

BIOS Download http://support.dell.com

Physical Memory:

Total 3326 MB

Used 1428 MB

Free 1898 MB

Utilization 43 %

Swap Space:

Total 5215 MB

Used 1271 MB

Free 3944 MB

Utilization 24 %

Virtual Memory:

Total 8542 MB

Used 2700 MB

Free 5842 MB

Utilization 32 %

Physical Address Extension (PAE):

Supported by Operating System Yes

Supported by CPU Yes

Active No

[ Chipset ]

[ North Bridge: Intel Canterwood i875P ]

North Bridge Properties:

North Bridge Intel Canterwood i875P

Supported FSB Speeds FSB400, FSB533, FSB800

Supported Memory Types DDR-266 SDRAM, DDR-333 SDRAM, DDR-400 SDRAM

Revision / Stepping 02 / A2

Package Type 1005 Pin FC-BGA

Package Size 4.25 cm x 4.25 cm

Core Voltage 1.5 V

In-Order Queue Depth 12

Memory Controller:

Type Dual Channel (128-bit)

Active Mode Single Channel (64-bit)

Memory Timings:

CAS Latency (CL) 3T

RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 3T

RAS Precharge (tRP) 3T

RAS Active Time (tRAS) 8T

Refresh Period (tREF) 7.8 us

Error Correction:

ECC Supported, Disabled

ChipKill ECC Not Supported

RAID Not Supported

ECC Scrubbing Not Supported

Memory Slots:

DRAM Slot #1 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #2 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #3 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

DRAM Slot #4 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

AGP Controller:

AGP Version 3.00

AGP Status Enabled

AGP Device nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP

AGP Aperture Size 128 MB

Supported AGP Speeds 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x

Current AGP Speed 8x

Fast-Write Supported, Enabled

Side Band Addressing Supported, Enabled

Chipset Manufacturer:

Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets

Driver Download http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets

Driver Update http://driveragent.com?ref=59

[ South Bridge: Intel 82801EB ICH5 ]

South Bridge Properties:

South Bridge Intel 82801EB ICH5

Revision / Stepping C2 / A2/A3

Package Type 460 Pin mBGA

Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm

Core Voltage 1.5 V

Chipset Manufacturer:

Product Information http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets

Driver Download http://support.intel.com/support/chipsets

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:

BIOS Type Phoenix

System BIOS Date 09/27/04

Video BIOS Date 06/27/06

BIOS Manufacturer:

Company Name Phoenix Technologies Ltd.

Product Information http://www.phoenix.com/en/products/default.htm

BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport.com/biosagent/index.cfm?refererid=40

[ ACPI ]

[ APIC: Multiple APIC Description Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature APIC

Table Description Multiple APIC Description Table

Memory Address 000FD272h

Table Length 108 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID 8300

Creator ID ASL

[ BOOT: Simple Boot Flag Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature BOOT

Table Description Simple Boot Flag Table

Memory Address 000FD2DEh

Table Length 40 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID 8300

Creator ID ASL

[ DSDT: Differentiated System Description Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature DSDT

Table Description Differentiated System Description Table

Memory Address FFFC6E75h

Table Length 9254 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID dt_ex

Creator ID MSFT

[ FACP: Fixed ACPI Description Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature FACP

Table Description Fixed ACPI Description Table

Memory Address 000FD1FEh

Table Length 116 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID 8300

Creator ID ASL

[ FACS: Firmware ACPI Control Structure ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature FACS

Table Description Firmware ACPI Control Structure

Memory Address CFF74000h

Table Length 64 bytes

[ RSD PTR: Root System Description Pointer ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature RSD PTR

Table Description Root System Description Pointer

Memory Address 000FEB90h

Table Length 36 bytes

OEM ID DELL

[ RSDT: Root System Description Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature RSDT

Table Description Root System Description Table

Memory Address 000FD1CAh

Table Length 52 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID 8300

Creator ID ASL

[ SSDT: Secondary System Description Table ]

ACPI Table Properties:

ACPI Signature SSDT

Table Description Secondary System Description Table

Memory Address FFFC93D8h

Table Length 186 bytes

OEM ID DELL

OEM Table ID st_ex

Creator ID MSFT

[ NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS ]

Video Adapter Properties:

Device Description NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

Adapter String GeForce 7600 GS

BIOS String Version 5.73.22.36.00

Chip Type GeForce 7600 GS

DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC

Installed Drivers nv4_disp (6.14.12.6724 - nVIDIA ForceWare 67.24)

Memory Size 256 MB

Video Adapter Manufacturer:

Company Name NVIDIA Corporation

Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/page/products.html

Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP Video Adapter

nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP 3D Accelerator

Harmonics (Conexant) CX2388x Video Capture (MK3) Multimedia Video

Zoran DC10 Plus Multimedia Video

[ AGP 8x: nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP ]

Graphics Processor Properties:

Video Adapter nVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS AGP

BIOS Version 5.73.22.36

GPU Code Name G73GSAGP

PCI Device 10DE-02E1 / 0000-037A

Transistors 177 million

Process Technology 90 nm

Die Size 127 mm2

Bus Type AGP 8x @ 8x

Memory Size 256 MB

GPU Clock 401 MHz (original: 400 MHz)

RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz

Pixel Pipelines 12

TMU Per Pipeline 1

Vertex Shaders 5 (v3.0)

Pixel Shaders 12 (v3.0)

DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0c

Pixel Fillrate 4812 MPixel/s

Texel Fillrate 4812 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:

Bus Type DDR2

Bus Width 128-bit

Real Clock 398 MHz (DDR) (original: 400 MHz)

Effective Clock 796 MHz

Bandwidth 12.4 GB/s

nVIDIA ForceWare Clocks:

Standard 2D GPU: 400 MHz, Memory: 400 MHz

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:

Company Name NVIDIA Corporation

Product Information http://www.nvidia.com/page/products.html

Driver Download http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

nVIDIA GPU Registers:

nv-000000 04B200A2

nv-001800 039210DE

nv-0010F0 00007FFF

nv-001218 00010000

nv-001540 73F31F0B

nv-0015F4 00000000

nv-0015F8 7FFFFFFF

nv-004000 C0010000

nv-004004 1A070801

nv-004008 03310000

nv-00400C 00000000

nv-004018 C005013D

nv-00401C 1C082204

nv-004020 AC313000

nv-004024 00003B02

nv-004028 00000000

nv-00402C 00000000

nv-00C040 3C0B07FF

nv-100000 00000000

nv-100200 53003071

nv-10020C 10000000

nv-100474 00000010

nv-100914 10000111

nv-101000 A340EE8B

nv-680500 00000000

nv-680504 00000000

nv-680570 00000000

nv-680574 00000000

nv-68057C 80001C08

I think this is more than enough - lol!

As for PCI / AGP, the OS looks at it (and shows it) as a PCI without registering the drivers, but no qe/ci.

The innovation by Netkas, he moved the offset of the display to the PCI-e position:

<key>@0,fboffset</key>

<integer>131072</integer>

greets

Patch kext > dev_id, ven_id in info.plist's og GeForce.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext, and some modifications NVIDIA section of ATY_Init.kext...

My CPU is Prescott CPU 478 socket, and although it has the 64bit capability, it is disabled, I think the 3.4 GHz model has it enabled...

I think this is more than enough - lol!

As for PCI / AGP, the OS looks at it (and shows it) as a PCI without registering the drivers, but no qe/ci.

The innovation by Netkas, he moved the offset of the display to the PCI-e position:

<key>@0,fboffset</key>

<integer>131072</integer>

greets

Sorry for the delay...

Thanks for the info. As it stands, Lion is of limits for you, unless we can patch the kernel to bring back legacy mode.

At least you don't need sse3 emulation :D

... unless we can patch the kernel to bring back legacy mode.

And MANY of us wait this things desperately.

Pen name "pentium D945 is still mediocre prosessor"

8-)

-.-

hi azimutz i am using your chazi branche with 10.6.7 and using kernel patvher lapic fix in i386 and it was ok.since upgrade to 10.6.8 your branche dont work with kernel patcher i am test with meklort old branche and it soppurt x86_64 in 10.6.8 that not enable in 10.6.7 .i think the problem that cause your branche break support in 10.6.8 is lake of acpipatcher .plz can you add this module to your branche becuase meklort old branche dont soppurt lion and i amd really need kernel patcher.

thanks for your help

And MANY of us wait this things desperately.

You are on the same boat as me.. we need to wait for kernel sources to be released and keep the faith... :(

Mine is a Pentium D 925.

hi azimutz i am using your chazi branche with 10.6.7 and using kernel patvher lapic fix in i386 and it was ok.

since upgrade to 10.6.8 your branche dont work with kernel patcher i am test with meklort old branche and it soppurt x86_64 in 10.6.8 that not enable in 10.6.7 .

i think the problem that cause your branche break support in 10.6.8 is lake of acpipatcher .plz can you add this module to your branche becuase meklort old branche dont soppurt lion and i amd really need kernel patcher.

thanks for your help

Be careful using my Chazi; file loading is a bit different from the trunk; make sure you have a safe way to boot.

The kernel patcher on Chazi is similar to the one in old Mek's branch; the main difference is you need to use PatchKernel=y to activate it.

I don't need the lapic patch so, i can't feedback if it's working properly or not.

Also, the patcher should work with the trunk; i think all the needed hooks are present on the there... will check...

Update: yep, the KernelPatcher on Chazi works with the trunk; the one on Mek's old branch will not, since he has changes on that branch

that are not in the trunk and i never added them to Chazi. But, the lapic patch will not work with 10.6.8; Meklort is taking care of that.

This has nothing to do with ACPI patcher; though the module is not present on Chazi, the ACPI code is on the "boot" file.

Edited by Azimutz

I've been trying to look for info on the trunk about the boot0hfs file.

Has it been discontinued? Are the features merged into the standard boot0 file?

Where can I find more info on this and its behavior on WIN installs?

Sorry, if this has been rehashed before and I overlooked it. :D

I ask, because it's not part of the trunk, that I can see.

best of wishes,

MAJ

EDIT:

Okay I see this note on issue 77.

I'll still a little unclear on the "config screen."

Nevermind! I get it now. "make config" LOL.

Digital_dreamer, by default the boot0 produced by compilation is in fact boot0hfs, it's just not named like that.

If you need the "real" boot0, do "make config", uncheck "boot0 HFS prefered" option and do "make".

It's probably a good idea to do "make clean" before "make", just in case... :D

You are on the same boat as me.. we need to wait for kernel sources to be released and keep the faith... :D Mine is a Pentium D 925. Be careful using my Chazi; file loading is a bit different from the trunk; make sure you have a safe way to boot. The kernel patcher on Chazi is similar to the one in old Mek's branch; the main difference is you need to use PatchKernel=y to activate it. I don't need the lapic patch so, i can't feedback if it's working properly or not. Also, the patcher should work with the trunk; i think all the needed hooks are present on the there... will check... Update: yep, the KernelPatcher on Chazi works with the trunk; the one on Mek's old branch will not, since he has changes on that branch that are not in the trunk and i never added them to Chazi. But, the lapic patch will not work with 10.6.8; Meklort is taking care of that. This has nothing to do with ACPI patcher; though the module is not present on Chazi, the ACPI code is on the "boot" file.
Thanks for yor help.I must wait for meklort to bring lion support to his branch.

I must wait for meklort to bring lion support to his branch.

Mek's branch is deprecated! But, KernelPatcher will be featured on Chameleon (trunk).

Glad to help :P