Asrock 775Dual VSTA

m.muller

165 posts in this topic

Make sure the top cpu feature is enabled. I don't recall the exact name but it adds support for "legacy os"

Hi, i'm trying to install with JaS 10.4.7 but when i "press enter to install" the pc reboots, i disabled usb, ethernet, audio and the cpu flags but still reboots. I tried again with JaS 10.4.8 i booted the dvd but the kernel stops saying "still waiting for root device". What should i do next ?

my specs are:

Core 2 Duo E6300

775Dual-VSTA

2gb DDR Twinmos

XFX 6800GS AGP8x

have both IDE and SATA HDD

Thanks!

Has anyone had better results using 10.4.8? As in not having to disable sse3 options or audio/nic working without patching.

Hi, thanks for the tips.

I was unable to install 10.4.8 JaS because the "still waiting for root device" problem, so i installed 10.4.7 JaS SSE2 (didn't try SSE3, read somewhere that it won't boot).

Maybe in the next 10.4.8 DVD release of JaS, the ethernet/audio drivers are working.

Thanks again.

Hi, thanks for the tips.

I was unable to install 10.4.8 JaS because the "still waiting for root device" problem, so i installed 10.4.7 JaS SSE2 (didn't try SSE3, read somewhere that it won't boot).

Maybe in the next 10.4.8 DVD release of JaS, the ethernet/audio drivers are working.

Thanks again.

I was able to install 10.4.8 SSE3 with a clean install. Boot into the system first using F8, then -x as the option to boot safe mode. 10.4.8 had a bad USB kext, so install the Apple IOUSBFamily.kext 2.6.1 from the Apple Developer network website. Install the Pinxue via rhine ethernet fix mentioned earlier. Reboot and you should be up and running.

I was able to install 10.4.8 SSE3 with a clean install. Boot into the system first using F8, then -x as the option to boot safe mode. 10.4.8 had a bad USB kext, so install the Apple IOUSBFamily.kext 2.6.1 from the Apple Developer network website. Install the Pinxue via rhine ethernet fix mentioned earlier. Reboot and you should be up and running.

thanks ill give that a go now! realy want to get 10.4.8 going with sse so i can use titan!

Hi Annyone who successfully have got 10.4.8 from the latest Jas DVD?

Could you please post how you did it? Bios settings (cpu flags) disable lan, usb, audio, removing cables. Did you have to

which packages did you install?

semtex, mifki,via/uli sata, azalia, ati x1x00?

I have had no luck so far

Last time I tried

removed usb cables removed firewirecard, removed sata disks

audio, lan, usb disabled

only extended cpuid flag enabled in cpu section

used diskutil from 10.4.6 to erase osx partiton

Last time I installed with

Mifki,viaUli sata, log in window, ati x1x00, azalia

When I try to boot it only restarts when it is loading

tried -v -x

have tried with semtex but then I get a bluescreen under install. Cant say for sure what other settings I used then.

also once I ended up getting some ata errors when up with -v

think this was with the mifki kernel

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleFileSystemDriver

Apple VIAATADriver VIA unknown

+ a couple of other errors :-(

So what have you guys done to get it up and working?

Cheers! :-)

I used the semthex kernel. You'll also need to download the pinxue ViaRhine fix, and the latest USB fix from Apple Dev. There are links to both further up this thread.

Disable all cpu flags except cpuid (which is the first option, I think). I had LAN, USB enabled on my install and it went smoothly.

Install the following packages:

Base

JAS 10.4.8 update

Semthex

Via/ULi

USB Fix

10.4.4 fix

I didn't install any other packages (azalia/ati).

When the install finishes, reboot normally and you *should* get into the initial login to setup your OS X. Once you've gone through all the user info, install the ViaRhine fix. It will make you reboot. Reboot with -x to enter safe mode, and install the USB 10.4.8 fix that you downloaded from Apple Dev.

That should be all you need to do to get a working system.

Hi Annyone who successfully have got 10.4.8 from the latest Jas DVD?

Could you please post how you did it? Bios settings (cpu flags) disable lan, usb, audio, removing cables. Did you have to

which packages did you install?

semtex, mifki,via/uli sata, azalia, ati x1x00?

I have had no luck so far

Last time I tried

removed usb cables removed firewirecard, removed sata disks

audio, lan, usb disabled

only extended cpuid flag enabled in cpu section

used diskutil from 10.4.6 to erase osx partiton

Last time I installed with

Mifki,viaUli sata, log in window, ati x1x00, azalia

When I try to boot it only restarts when it is loading

tried -v -x

have tried with semtex but then I get a bluescreen under install. Cant say for sure what other settings I used then.

also once I ended up getting some ata errors when up with -v

think this was with the mifki kernel

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleFileSystemDriver

Apple VIAATADriver VIA unknown

+ a couple of other errors :-(

So what have you guys done to get it up and working?

Cheers! :-)

I thought this was a dead thread and no one would reply thanks! Ive got lan up and running along with full resoultion on my 7800 (although the performance is extreamly poor)

sound ive not got it going yet, im using

<string>0x10ec0888</string>

and

<string>0x32881106</string>

Think they are right what is everyone else using?

can anyone tell me if these are right? when i use them os x just boots up saying that the kext has be installed incorrectly

Hi,

i have to check back here, coz this Mainboards seems to be the only alternative for my soft transition from my current configuration as i have 2 x 1GB DDR1-DIMMs (which only run in VIA and SIS Mainboards). Thats about the only thing i want to keep, as DRAM-Prices are still high...

I will buy a PCIe Graphics Card, just don't know wether NV or ATI will be the better choice, now that we have "injection-kext's" from omi and max32000....

Will this Mainboard be any (noticeably) slower than a Intel-chip-based Mainboard? My NF3 based board runs really slow, compared to the 915p-based board i have also tried but this could be caused by A64 SSE2 vs P4 SSE3...

Hey guys, i havent an Problem too with my Install of MacOSX.

I have the Jas release DVD 10.4.7 and the install runs smothly.

After my pc restarts i can see the Apple booting screen. (Im using Acronis Bootloader)

When all i think is loaded i get a Glitchy screen with nothing just lines which are colored.

INstalled it again and the same happen to me.

I have a

ASROCK 775 DUAL VSTA

Intel Core2Duo e6300

Ati Radeon 1950Pro (PCI)

DDR-1 Ram 512MB

IDE 80GB HDD.

Can it be maybe that the Graphic card doent work or why i cant use it on native? :D

Here is a screenshot of my PC as attachment

post-62815-1163360422_thumb.jpg

Will this Mainboard be any (noticeably) slower than a Intel-chip-based Mainboard? My NF3 based board runs really slow, compared to the 915p-based board i have also tried but this could be caused by A64 SSE2 vs P4 SSE3...

Well it is dificult to say it look like it depends on your configuration.

Scope666 post its bench on this thread HERE and got nice result 124.35(Core 2 duo && ATI).

Personnaly i face problem with intel dual core pentium and do not score more than 50.

Anyway for better performance you will have to install system on ATA drive (SATA not recognized during install) than copy image drive to a SATA drive.

Well,

i seem to be out of luck. I#m trying to install JaS 10.4.8 reseeded disk.

I deactivated the LAN and the USB function of the Mainboard, and it installed well.

Then i rebootet the system, and the first boot went quite well. I installed the newest USB-Patch from the Apple-Site and pinxues Rhine-driver. I reactivated LAN and USB. Additionally i installed the latest Version of Natit with ATI auto-detection (after modding ATIRadeonx1000.kext to my DevID)

The next boot didn't go well, i just got a black screen. So i went to single-user-mode and removed the Natit.kext.

After the next reboot i couldn't ever go into single user, safe or any other mode...

Will it be easier to Install from the 10.4.7?

P.S.: I'm goona try to user t-squared hints. I just overlooked them until now. Sorry. Gonna give feedback asap.

thanks t-squared

That worked great

via rhine and usb no problem

xbench 57.5 with no graphics drivers and not moved to my sata drive

Then....

tried to install the x1600 driver from the 10.4.8 dvd

Card::: Gigabyte x1600pro SPII

when I rebooted and now I only a purple/blue-striped image on my monitor.... so I guess that driver wasn't very successfull. tried to boot in safe mode aswell then i only got a purple monitor.

Annyone experienced something similar?

What to do?

Soooo Is it possible to reset what I did? remove the driver?

can something be done from the terminal or do I have to start all over again?

Arnfinn

Soooo Is it possible to reset what I did? remove the driver?

can something be done from the terminal or do I have to start all over again?

Arnfinn

Yes you can boot with -s option flag you will have a terminal as root.

To mount disk execute command given a the end of the boot

Hope it help

Mathias

To mount disk execute command given a the end of the boot

ehhh sorry didnt understand that one

how do I get back to the original drivers or is it possible to just install another driver package just from the terminal.

Kan it be some problems with device id? Which kext file should then be edited?

Thanks for all help!

A,

ehhh sorry didnt understand that one

how do I get back to the original drivers or is it possible to just install another driver package just from the terminal.

Kan it be some problems with device id? Which kext file should then be edited?

Thanks for all help!

A,

Well, once under terminal:

You mount the drive using the given commands.

Then you can remove the Driver you have previously installed.

I will be locatd under /System/Library/Extensions/

If you don't know it's name look for x1600 string.

Also remove /System/Library/Extensions.* files not the folder.

Then you should be able to boot.

Sorry i can't help for you card since i use callisto for my radeon 9600.

Good luck

Mathias

Well,

i've now been nearly successful. I split my 32 gb Partition into two parts. On one of them i installed a clean 10.4.4-System (JaS 10.4.7). On the other one i installed the new 10.4.8 AMD Disk (Test1) which runs quite well.

The 10.4.4 runs in Vmware as well, so i didn't have to deactivate onboard-Lan.

As i didn't know what the special thing about the AMD_Version is, i started the AMD-Partition and then installed the following stuff on the 10.4.4 Partition!:

-Apple 10.4.8 Combo-Update (Intel; 294MB)

-newest Semthex-Kernel (downloaded via a modified prasys-script (only downloading, no updating of the running system)

-Installed Via_Rhine driver

-Installed Developer-USB-Driver

Now the System runs quite well.

But i don't seem to be lucky with the Natit-Driver. It only gives me blue vertical stripes. I have a MSI X1650Pro-PCIe-Card with Dual-DVI out.

Installing the Neopheus-Installer for BorisBadenov-Method also gives me blue stripes. (Sometimes green).

I activated QE/CI via Info.plist-Editing of ATIRadeonX1000.kext and ATIRadeonGA-something. This leaves me with Mouse-Tearing and without Resolution-Switching...

P.S.: I think i should try it again with a DVI to VGA-Adapter... Will have to wait until i come back home in the beginning of december.

Another question

It takes about 1.5-2 hours to install osx on my computer. Is this normal when you use ata? Can see that for someone it takes about 15 min....

Arnfinn

ATA on this boards is really slow, but i do not remember such long install.

Tips to reduce this time is to skip media check, and to remove all but desired language when installing.

When do you start the chrono ?? if it is since the pc boot i think i am not very far from 1 hour

Mathias

Well i think it can be over one hour.

When you deselect the language-packs, then also deactivate the printer drivers.

What greatly effects the Install-Time is the quality of the burnt install disc (slow

recording is the key)...

M.Muller: Are you still only using one core on your pc? Have you tried the newest kernel?

For me two cores are okay as of now... (Well i haven't installed sound drivers yet).

I tried the new kernel. I made two Mac-Partitions for easy and safe upgrading...

On one partition i installed the AMD Test1 release from Tubgirl ( :) ).

On the other partition i installed 10.4.4 (just took 10.4.7 JaS and didn't install ANY

of the JaS packages...). From the AMD-Partition i then installed the complete

combo-update from the Apple-Site.

The newest semthex kernel can be obtained via the IRC-Channel. Then two other

files had to be updated (names below; there is a tutorial on the Genius bar). Don't forget to in-

stall pinxue's Rhine-driver and delete Extensions.kextcache and .mkext and repair permissions...

Works for me like a charm. With some old semthex (JaS-2nd release DVD) i had to disable

one core like you, cause otherwise the whole system froze every second second.)

The Borisbadenov-Installer from Neopheus / Natit.kext didn't work for me (on any

Version...) but i connected my Monitor via DVI. Need to try DVItoVGA-Adapter which

i don't have here at the moment...

EDIT: The files in question are AppleSMBIOS.kext and IOATAFamily.kext.

I don't ecaxtly remember where to get which version of these files.

I tried the new kernel. I made two Mac-Partitions for easy and safe upgrading...

On one partition i installed the AMD Test1 release from Tubgirl ( :) ).

On the other partition i installed 10.4.4 (just took 10.4.7 JaS and didn't install ANY

of the JaS packages...). From the AMD-Partition i then installed the complete

combo-update from the Apple-Site.

The newest semthex kernel can be obtained via the IRC-Channel. Then two other

files had to be updated (there is a tutorial on the Genius bar). Don't forget to in-

stall pinxue's Rhine-driver and delete Extensions.kextcache and .mkext. Works for

me like a charm. With some old semthex (JaS-2nd release DVD) i had to disable

one core like you, cause otherwise the whole system froze every second second.)

The Borisbadenov-Installer from Neopheus / Natit.kext didn't work for me (on any

Version...) but i connected my Monitor via DVI. Need to try DVItoVGA-Adapter which

i don't have here at the moment...

Wow nice trick.

But what is your primary partition after that? the AMD test or the 10.4.4 patched in 10.4.8.

Why do you patch 10.4.4 from AMD part and not directly from itself ?

Anyway thanks for sharing this tips, i'am going to digg forum for tutorial .

See you

Mathias

For me my "10.4.4"-Partition is the active partition. Whichever Partition you install the last...

The other partition can be always be chosen via pushing F8 button for getting Darwin_Bootloader

options.

Well i didn't even try to start 10.4.4 partition before updating. I never know which stuff needs

to be disabled in Bios etc. And i don't know how well 10.4.4 will work at all...

P.S.: The SATA only works if you do the modification that is mentioned earlier in the thread.

(Adding the 0591 string to the Info.plist of AppleVIAATA.kext).

For me my "10.4.4"-Partition is the active partition. Whichever Partition you install the last...

The other partition can be always be chosen via pushing F8 button for getting Darwin_Bootloader

options.

Well i didn't even try to start 10.4.4 partition before updating. I never know which stuff needs

to be disabled in Bios etc. And i don't know how well 10.4.4 will work at all...

P.S.: The SATA only works if you do the modification that is mentioned earlier in the thread.

(Adding the 0571 string to the Info.plist of AppleVIAATA.kext).

Ok i think i start to understand.

In fact if i can start with my working install and tried new kernel on an antoher part.

1-On this new part i install 10.4.4 from jas without any patch nor update.

2-Then i boot on previous install i download 10.4.8 combo update from apple and i install it on my new partition.

3-Then I patch (from old install) the new partition kernel with semthex kernel .

There is a script that do such things automatically with backup and download last kernel HERE

Does it sounds goods for you Marcian ??

See you

Mathias

Anyway a lot, lot of thanks for pointing me on this new kernel. I hope it will fix my dual core pb