Asrock 775Dual VSTA

m.muller

165 posts in this topic

gee thats funny I dont recall him mentioning the Vista board is the same as that discontinued board you just posted a link for. Im sure there is another motherboard out there

Gee this is also funny. I was just clarifting the fact that the only true/closest board built almost to spec is the AsRock P4Dual.

I've received my parts, assembled them , put JAs 10.4.7 dvd in dvd drive and boot.

First problem :

Installer hang 9 time on 10. :blink:

PATA drive seems to freeze the installer boot.

Anyway i've succeded to launch installer and now osx install is on its way....

I have disabled most of the onbard fonction (usb, serial port, lan,sounds,...etc) do not know if it help.

I've also put drive on PATA CTRL 1 and DVD reader on PATA 2

Update: system install went fine but reboot block on wait for boot device.

Arghhh :)

EDIT:ok my IDE drive was in cable select instead of master.

now system boot ! Cool . I have to do some tweak and test. I ll be back soon with more info

Hi,

So i managed to install jas 10,4,7 on my box. and it's works with isues. i edit this post with safari :)

sounds is working using ALC882 method and using 10ec0888 forAzalia plist and 32881106 for azalia plugin.

Viarhine driver do not work with onboard nic i use a 3com pci instead.

I use callisto for my radeon 9600 pro. QE/CI o

Main issue is slowness damm slow , have to wait 1s after each key typing. Ata ctrl is not in dma mode disk IO rate are 2Mb/s Don't known if it the problem came from ATA or another problem.

Osx is slow even when there is no disk access.

Any idea folks ?

MAthias

Hi,

So i managed to install jas 10,4,7 on my box. and it's works with isues. i edit this post with safari :gathering:

sounds is working using ALC882 method and using 10ec0888 forAzalia plist and 32881106 for azalia plugin.

Viarhine driver do not work with onboard nic i use a 3com pci instead.

I use callisto for my radeon 9600 pro. QE/CI o

Main issue is slowness damm slow , have to wait 1s after each key typing. Ata ctrl is not in dma mode disk IO rate are 2Mb/s Don't known if it the problem came from ATA or another problem.

Osx is slow even when there is no disk access.

Any idea folks ?

MAthias

I'm surprised you could even get it to boot off the DVD. On my 775Dual-Vsta it just reboots before the grey screen. I tried disabling onboard sound, network, USB, still no dice. I know the disk is OK because it installed on an IBM Netvista at work no problem (except no AC97 audio, but that's another problem)

I'm surprised you could even get it to boot off the DVD. On my 775Dual-Vsta it just reboots before the grey screen. I tried disabling onboard sound, network, USB, still no dice. I know the disk is OK because it installed on an IBM Netvista at work no problem (except no AC97 audio, but that's another problem)

Well it really work. And i will be pleased to help you to make it work on your system too.

First you need to put hard drive on first ide channel and put it master via disk jumper. Do the same for dvd drive on second ide channel.

In bios i disable everything i can before installing (sound, nic, floppy, parallels port, serial port, usb).

I enable them one by one after install is complete.

Insert the cd. boot when prompting for cd loading press F8 and type -v as option to see what's going on.

Then come back here t says what happen :D

Well it really work. And i will be pleased to help you to make it work on your system too.

First you need to put hard drive on first ide channel and put it master via disk jumper. Do the same for dvd drive on second ide channel.

In bios i disable everything i can before installing (sound, nic, floppy, parallels port, serial port, usb).

I enable them one by one after install is complete.

Insert the cd. boot when prompting for cd loading press F8 and type -v as option to see what's going on.

Then come back here t says what happen :)

I finally figured out the problem. Since I have a Core 2 Duo CPU, I had to turn off the extended features flags of the CPU in the BIOS to stop the CD from rebooting. Once I did that I got the install to run. Everything is working now except for Audio and USB mouse. Used Macvidia driver and Via Rhine driver to get NIC up and running.

If anyone is good at getting ALC888 to work on this board please share your thoughts... Thanks!

I got the sound to work, follow the new instructions, they worked wonders for me.

yeah, finally got sound working. Had to change the vendor id and device id in the .kext file.

Now it's just USB that's not working. It shows as a device, even shows high speed, but my mouse doesn't work in USB mode, only if I put the PS2 adaptor on. Any ideas?

I'll try another USB device as a test just to see if the ports work at all...

My usb port work i have connected my camera to retreive picture.

Do you have issue with ata speed and overall macosx speed ?

Could you tell me what distrib you use ? 10.4.?? jas or other ?

My macosx is really slow.

Mathias

consider thineself lucky. OsX86 won't run for me at all anymore, except in VMWare...

Yah i'am licky but i still have video issue (agp not recognized) and slowness .

For your problem try to always boot in verbose mode even in installation. Don't know why but i got less failure in verbose mode. Press F8 when booting macosx then type -v

I'am going to try to install 10.4.6 to see if it works better than 10.4.7

Good luck !

yeah, finally got sound working. Had to change the vendor id and device id in the .kext file.

Now it's just USB that's not working. It shows as a device, even shows high speed, but my mouse doesn't work in USB mode, only if I put the PS2 adaptor on. Any ideas?

Had the same problem.

Update to 10.4.7. Then download the file IOUSBFamily-256.4.2(Intel)-log.dmg from Apple

and install IOUSBFamily-256.4.2(Intel).pkg from it (not the file with LOG in it!).

My System is nearly complete.

SATA works (edit AppleVIAATA.kext), USB + Sound works, Network (viarhine), ATA( but slow) and

my Nvidia 6800 (AGP) with MacNvidia driver, PS/2 Keyboard+Mouse.

I used the JAS10.4.6 DVD only with Intel Base+SSE2 option.

SSE3 gaves me only Kernel panics on my Core2Duo 6300 CPU.

The System doesn't recognise, that it is SSE3 capable.

I guess, it's because of the strange BIOS CPU option you have to enable :2cents:

SATA works (edit AppleVIAATA.kext), USB + Sound works, Network (viarhine), ATA( but slow)

Hi two !

Thanks for sharing tour knownledge.

I've also enabled sata via AppleVIAATA but this also speed up my ata drive.

I tweak deviceid in plist to make both work.

I will post my plist later when i will be back at home.

Does your system work well ? I mean does it display fast. Beacause mine works quite well but graphical operation are damn slow !

Launching app is fast but selection in Finder for example takes 1s

Is you mobo is asrock 775 dual VSTA? the one with both agp and pci express ?

If so could you tell me please what have you done to have fast graphics.?

Thanks,

Mathias

Had the same problem.

Update to 10.4.7. Then download the file IOUSBFamily-256.4.2(Intel)-log.dmg from Apple

and install IOUSBFamily-256.4.2(Intel).pkg from it (not the file with LOG in it!).

SATA works (edit AppleVIAATA.kext), USB + Sound works, Network (viarhine), ATA( but slow) and

my Nvidia 6800 (AGP) with MacNvidia driver, PS/2 Keyboard+Mouse.

I used the JAS10.4.6 DVD only with Intel Base+SSE2 option.

SSE3 gaves me only Kernel panics on my Core2Duo 6300 CPU.

The System doesn't recognise, that it is SSE3 capable.

I guess, it's because of the strange BIOS CPU option you have to enable :D

can you get 10.4.7 from Apple or do you have to find a "special" version?

Also, does your SATA drive work? I managed to get the AppleVIAATA driver loaded, but it still doesn't see my SATA drive (I'm running OS X off of a PATA drive right now)

What did you have to edit in AppleVIAATA.kext?

Thanks for your help! :-)

can you get 10.4.7 from Apple or do you have to find a "special" version?

Well you can get the update from apple but you have to update manually with pacifist to take only kext but not the kernel since it is not cracked.

Personnally i installed direclty from jas 10.4.7 dvd

Also, does your SATA drive work? I managed to get the AppleVIAATA driver loaded, but it still doesn't see my SATA drive (I'm running OS X off of a PATA drive right now)

What did you have to edit in AppleVIAATA.kext?

Thanks for your help! :-)

well i reboot to macosx and i attach my plist

Well you can get the update from apple but you have to update manually with pacifist to take only kext but not the kernel since it is not cracked.

Personnally i installed direclty from jas 10.4.7 dvd

well i reboot to macosx and i attach my plist

can you tell me how you editted your AppleVIAATA.kext file? I'm assuming some io ranges need to change?

can you tell me how you editted your AppleVIAATA.kext file? I'm assuming some io ranges need to change?

Here come an extract of my AppleVIAATA.kext look at bold ID

<key>VIA PATA Controller</key>

<dict>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AppleVIAATA</string>

<key>Hardware Name</key>

<string>82C571</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AppleVIAATARoot</string>

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x05711106</string>

<key>IOProbeScore</key>