164 posts in this topic

PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086&REV_01\4&1C11C&0&40F0

if you are using tiger

after installing this asus p 4800vm.pkg

intelpro_100_ve_driver_copy.zip

follow the instructions given below

this package is working driver for intel pro/100ve lan

and you will be able to connect to internet

this for when you have Intel PRO/100 VE. When you go into System Preferences/Network and your Built-In Ethernet is not show/grayed out, this is the fix for you.

You are required to add a product ID to AppleIntel8255x.kext, which is located here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

If you don't know how to get into the kext, right click it and choose "Show Package Contents."

or you can also use

nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8225x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

PICTURE

post-156243-1201154114_thumb.png

Anyways, you will find the following line.

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff </string>

You will have to add the following bit to the end of that line.

0x27dc8086

In the end, it will look like this:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10518086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff 0x27dc8086</string>

Save the .plist file (save it to the desktop with the name "Info.plist" and then drag it into the Contents folder for AppleIntel8255x.kext. It will ask for authentication, which you say yes to (must type password if you have one).

Open up Terminal and type in the following

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

sudo kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

Open Disk Utility and Repair Disk Permissions.

Reboot.

Completed! Open up System Preferences/Network and you should see your Built-In Ethernet

from anand

thanks to wtcnbrwndo4u

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you are using leopard

install this asus p 4800vm.pkg

then using kext helper http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Softwar...20b7.zipinstall this kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

reboot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if it says cable is unplugged

sudo -s

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

then I added -f under the kernal flags section

then ctrl+x

then y

then enter

PICTURE

post-156243-1201153223_thumb.png

you should have a working internet.

:P:P:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Is Anand your real name?

Hey Guys i have an intel pro/100 S Desktop fast ethernet

and my jas os x 10.4.8 says that cable unpluged

my vender device id are 8086 1229

i tried each and every working but don't know y does'nt it worked

i tried the very first one and changed my ve and dev in info.plsit and after doing all the sudo and disk permissions my os gave me a msg before booting that ACPI Drivers not found and after that debugging the info.plist but then said restart i had to install it again

please if anyone know how to get my lan working ...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
ok i figured out what the problem is. technically the guide is perfect, except you have to put in your actual device id and vendor id.

--boot into XP (idk if you can do this in osx if its not working to begin with, or if you even can in osx at all)

--Right-click on My Computer and go to Manage

--On the left, click Device Manager

--expand Network stuff

--right-click on the Pro 100/VE device, click properties

--click the details tab

--the first two parts of the long string in the window are what you need.

----it will say PCI\VEN_XXXX&DEV_XXXX....... etc

----note those two XXXX values. for my Pro 100/VE the vendor id was the same 8086 but the device id was 1092

--write those down and reboot to osx

--go back to the Info.plist file from the guide above and use the new 0x[device id][vendor id] instead of the one in the guide.

for me this just meant using 0x10928086 instead of 0x27dc8086. i did the rest of the guide the same, sudo rm etc.... and then restarted and it worked. i just used the network assistant and it connected to the network and now my osx is much more useful!

I have an A105-4074 Toshiba laptop. Followed your advice and got the network running just fine. Thanks mate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I confirm the 82562GT (Intel Corporation 82562GT 10/100 Network Connection [8086:10c4] (rev 03)) working.

I am using Kaliway 10.5.2.

I try different things so I don't know wich one is the working one:

Thanks to Dingguijin (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=128931&pid=913163&mode=threaded&start=#entry913163)

Install the linked kext Intel82566MM and maybe modify the OSBundleLibraries in Info.plist if your kernel is not 9.2.2. The method is here : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry915883

If after reboot it's not successful, you will have to edit:

/System/Library/Extension/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and add 0x10C48086 after IOPCIMatch :

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10C48086 0x10928086 0x10518086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12...

System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and add the same thing as before, and also 0x27dc8086 at the end of IOPCIMatch:

<key>IOPCIMatch</key>

<string>0x10c48086 0x10518086 0x10508086 0x10298086 0x10308086&0xfff0ffff 0x12098086 0x12278086 0x12288086 0x12298086 0x24498086 0x24598086 0x245d8086 0x10918086 0x10608086&0xfff0ffff 0x27dc8086</string>

In this folder (System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/), maybe have to remove AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext, I don't know if it is necessary but "ça mange pas de pain".

Regards

There is maybe a problem when you recover from sleep, I dind't try

I can't get any of those methods to work, under windows, I installed a driver for Intel PRO 100/VE Network Connection Adapter or whatever you call it. Nothing works. :unsure::P

Btw, could you guys get KALYWAY to be compatible with a Gateway GT5428 (I never forgot that serial number since my troubling osX86 experience!

• 3 weeks later...

:hysterical: i just register to tell u thanks wtcnbrwndo4u my network is now working

<h3 style="font-size: 20px;">wtcnbrwndo4u is the boss

</h3>

I don't see this posted, so I'm making a HowTo.

Anyways, this for when you have Intel PRO/100 VE. When you go into System Preferences/Network and your Built-In Ethernet is not show/grayed out, this is the fix for you.

You are required to add a product ID AppleIntel8255x.kext, which is located here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntel8255x.kext/Contents/Info.plist

If you don't know how to get into the kext, right click it and choose "Show Package Contents."

Save the .plist file (save it to the desktop with the name "Info.plist" and then drag it into the Contents folder for AppleIntel8255x.kext. It will ask for authentication, which you say yes to (must type password if you have one).

Reboot.

Completed! Open up System Preferences/Network and you should see your Built-In Ethernet

I tried the tutorial for the Intel ethernet adapter.. I did the terminal commands and everything and it still says I'm disconnected... I'm assuming it's because my model of ethernet adapter may be a little but older than the others or ones posted.

Does anybody know of a good solution for this problem that works? I still cant connect to the internet..

edit: I tried repairing the disk permissions but that didnt work or do anything... any recommendations? (I'm following the vakakush tutorial)

Hey everyone,

Getting this model to work is such a pain - there have been no solutions for me, except I have a slightly different problem. Mine works fine out-of-the-box (using iDeneb 10.5.5), I just needed to include the Intel PRO/100 VE driver in the installation and it was fine.

My problem is that it works, but randomly locks up and disconnects or just gives me a panic.

Have a look at http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=100535 - others are experiencing it too, and the last post says that setting the Ethernet settings to 10 Base T instead of automatic (100 Base T) fixed the problem for him/her, (even though it slows down the network speed by quite a bit) it didn't seem to work for me - it still just disconnects randomly while you use the network (not as often and as quick while it was on Auto, but it still happens).

If anyone might have a solution to this (although it seems slim now... http://######.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=65) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your support!

THANKS !!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH !

THIS IS THE WAY:

install this asus p 4800vm.pkg

then using kext helper http://www.cheetha.net/Kext_Helper/Softwar...20b7.zip install this kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

reboot

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if it says cable is unplugged

sudo -s

nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

then I added -f under the kernal flags section

then ctrl+x

then y

then enter

PICTURE

post-156243-1201153223_thumb.png

you should have a working internet.

The solution is perfect for me ! Thanks again.

Installed iAtkos v5, then modified kext like everyone says and I had internet.

I then update OS x to 10.5.6 and no internet.

I have tried every idea in this thread and still no internet

Has something changed in 10.5.6?

the ethernet card is recognized but says cable unplug like most of the others

This Sucks

Device ID = 10948086

Anyways, this for when you have Intel PRO/100 VE. When you go into System Preferences/Network and your Built-In Ethernet is not show/grayed out, this is the fix for you.

You are required to add a product ID AppleIntel8255x.kext, which is located here:

Reboot.

To wtcnbrwndo4u

Thanks very much for excellent guide. It worked for me too, and I now can access all my favourite on-line sites. The device id and vendor id for my PRO/100VE were the same as your guide, ie 27dc and 8086 respectively.

Again very many thanks!!

Rob

Reboot.

Hi..

I followed your directions exactly, but when I Open up System Preferences/Network nothing happens the application freezes and I must force quit it.. Still not seeing my onboard intel ethernet card...

Any other ideas

hey,

i am facing same problem the others are "built-in Ethernet not connected"

first i installed JAs os then i was able to find Leopard but the problem is same i tried to edit the file u mentioned followed the same steps but results are same.

i am using

intel core2duo

Motherboard: DG31GL

Lan card: 82562G

please help me fix this issue as i am trying it from 3 days now.

thanx in advance

• 3 weeks later...