ATI Radeon HD 5450 Working On Snow Leopard

terranova2142

160 posts in this topic

Sorry For My English Badbiggrin.gif

My graphics card ati radeon hd 5450 working on snow leopard after installed 10.6.6.

And how do make them work

Only For Kernel Vanilla

Waring Backup Your Data

1.Download the all_in_one.rar(down)

2.Install ATI Chameleon bootloader for Radeon HD5000 or kabyl boot

3.The ROM image under /Extra should be named <vendorid>_<deviceid>.rom(ATI 5450 is 1002_68f9.rom)

4.Install Atiframebuffer.kext and ATY_init.kext to S/L/E (ATI5000Controller don’t need)

5.Edit com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>Your Resolutions </string>

ATI 5450 tested Fb working on Uakari,Vervet,Hoolock and other untested.Recommend Hoolock.

6.Install update 10.6.4 reboot and install graphic update 1.0 (if you get kernel panic after installed graphic update 1.0,try boot –x to safe mode and remove all ATIRadeonX3000.kext,I use hfs+ for windows to remove it )(the graphic update 1.0 only for 10.6.4)

7.Open OSX86Tool repair permissons.

8.Install Update 10.6.6 will add ATIRadeonX3000.kext,ATI5000Controller.kext

After reboot will it work,you need to do step by step,If you get any error tell me. :P

link download

All_in_one.zip

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download....csUpdate1.0.dmg

post-690732-1298697049_thumb.pngATI 5450 is 68f9

ATY_init.kext not support 5450 so it will display the 5500

post-690732-1296291555_thumb.png

post-690732-1296291576_thumb.png

post-690732-1296467561_thumb.png

post-690732-1298543884_thumb.png

QE CI it work

Hello, i'm already on 10.6.7 with my ASUS 5450 silent, which pkg of solution for me ;)

Hello, i'm already on 10.6.7 with my ASUS 5450 silent, which pkg of solution for me ;)

I've just finished having my hd 5450 working and booting ok with

ati kext from 10,6,7 because i'm on 10,6,7

rom 1002_68f9.rom in /extra

Chameleon_HD5000.pkg

removed all ati3000 kexts in S/L/E

Issues : can't change resolution, only the resolution in boot file is accepted

Can't recognize that it's a 1Gb Hd 5450 not a 256mo

QC/I not enabled

Helllllllppppp :unsure:;):D

Edit :

ati kext from 10,6,7 because i'm on 10,6,7

rom 1002_68f9.rom in /extra

Chameleon v2.0-RC5 r747

removed all ati3000 kexts in S/L/E

ATI5000Injector.kext in /extra

Issues : Now recognized as Aty Megalodon 256 mo

can't change resolution, only the resolution in boot file is accepted

Can't recognize that it's a 1Gb Hd 5450

QC/I not enabled can't play video on vlc

I forgot, here is my boot

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1680x1050x32</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

• 2 weeks later...

hey dudes,

here is, what i did:

1. i installed 10.6.3 retail with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]-Supported (darwin 10.4.0 kernel)

2. made the tutorial

3. after installing 10.6.4., then rebooting: "DSMOS arrived" but nothing happens ( also with -x )

my hardware:

( hp pavilion dv6-3101sg)

hd 5470 (same rom: 68f9)

core i3 m370

special:

i have switchable graphics (hd5470 + intel GMA) but there is no option in the BIOS to disable this.

But when i put the 1002....rom in the extra folder, i don't need to disable "switchable graphics", RIGHT ?

do you have an idea?

and sorry for my bad english :)

I'm using an HP TMT2 running 10.6.6 with ATI 5450- I've followed the instructions here several times, but I'm also getting a "unable to open ATI video bios file... Wrong BIOS signature: 0000"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible that it's because the tm2t has two video cards? I don't know how to turn the intel one off, there's nothing in the BIOS setup screen about that. Any ideas?

I'm using an HP TMT2 running 10.6.6 with ATI 5450- I've followed the instructions here several times, but I'm also getting a "unable to open ATI video bios file... Wrong BIOS signature: 0000"

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Is it possible that it's because the tm2t has two video cards? I don't know how to turn the intel one off, there's nothing in the BIOS setup screen about that. Any ideas?

This one seems to be good what you think ?

http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique ... 60728.html

Gigabyte GV-R577SL-1GD

from now i only left QE/CI

here is my boot

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>1600x1200x32</string></dict>

</plist>

savedscreenshot.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

savedscreenshot1.th.jpg

savedscreenshot2.th.jpg

savedscreenshot4.th.jpg

anybody can help ?

I have 1Go Gddr3 on it and it says 256 :rolleyes:

here is my boot

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

</plist>

savedscreenshot.th.jpg

savedscreenshot1.th.jpg

savedscreenshot2.th.jpg

savedscreenshot4.th.jpg

anybody can help ?

I have 1Go Gddr3 on it and it says 256

Hey you why your Vram only 256 mb and in folder S/E/E without Atiradeonx3000.kext :D

I'm "downgrading" from a nVidia 9600GT to an ATI 5450. I already have 10.6.7 installed. How would this scenario affect me in terms of the instructions provided in the first post? Would I need to do anything different?

here is my boot

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Rescan</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

</plist>

savedscreenshot.th.jpg

savedscreenshot1.th.jpg

savedscreenshot2.th.jpg

savedscreenshot4.th.jpg

anybody can help ?

I have 1Go Gddr3 on it and it says 256 :D

sorry for my English, I have a cedar hd5450 amd 2048,

my vram showed only 256, so my file bin extracted with cpu-z 1002_68f9.rom rename it to overwrite the file extra and recognizes 2048 mb , say he has not been possible with iatkos v2 s3, I've only had success with leohazard 10.6.6 i

Anyone have any idea please? Just let me know if you think its not working because of the dual video cards or something else, give me some sort of direction to head in. I'm losing hope ;)

How did you modify the 5450 ROM you attached in the OP? I'm asking because mine must be slightly different (XFX?), and the 5450 ROM you attached doesn't work under /Extras, and if I try to flash it to the card ATIFlash returns an incompatibility error.

I'm thinking if I re-traced your steps in modifying the BIOS then I can get an XFX version working.

Thanks.

How did you modify the 5450 ROM you attached in the OP? I'm asking because mine must be slightly different (XFX?), and the 5450 ROM you attached doesn't work under /Extras, and if I try to flash it to the card ATIFlash returns an incompatibility error.

I'm thinking if I re-traced your steps in modifying the BIOS then I can get an XFX version working.

Thanks.

You can use GPU-Z for create file .bin and download ATIRBE (radeon bios editor) for convert .bin to .rom.You can use ATIRBE to modify rom.

post-690732-1307365250_thumb.png

Sorry For My English Badbiggrin.gif

My graphics card ati radeon hd 5450 working on snow leopard after installed 10.6.6.

And how do make them work

Only For Kernel Vanilla

Waring Backup Your Data

1.Download the all_in_one.rar(down)

2.Install ATI Chameleon bootloader for Radeon HD5000 or kabyl boot

3.The ROM image under /Extra should be named <vendorid>_<deviceid>.rom(ATI 5450 is 1002_68f9.rom)

4.Install Atiframebuffer.kext and ATY_init.kext to S/L/E (ATI5000Controller don’t need)

5.Edit com.apple.boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string

<string>Yes</string>

<key>UseAtiROM</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>AtiFb</key>

<string>Hoolock</string>

<key>Graphics Mode</key>

<string>Your Resolutions </string>

ATI 5450 tested Fb working on Uakari,Vervet,Hoolock and other untested.Recommend Hoolock.

6.Install update 10.6.4 reboot and install graphic update 1.0 (if you get kernel panic after installed graphic update 1.0,try boot –x to safe mode and remove all ATIRadeonX3000.kext,I use hfs+ for windows to remove it )(the graphic update 1.0 only for 10.6.4)

7.Open OSX86Tool repair permissons.

8.Install Update 10.6.6 will add ATIRadeonX3000.kext,ATI5000Controller.kext

After reboot will it work,you need to do step by step,If you get any error tell me. B)

link download

All_in_one.zip

http://supportdownload.apple.com/download....csUpdate1.0.dmg

post-690732-1298697049_thumb.pngATI 5450 is 68f9

ATY_init.kext not support 5450 so it will display the 5500

post-690732-1296291555_thumb.png

post-690732-1296291576_thumb.png

post-690732-1296467561_thumb.png

post-690732-1298543884_thumb.png

QE CI it work

Sorry for my bad english...my video card is a Ati Radeon 5550 2GB, with your "all_in_one" run on 1920 x 1080 dvi-dvi. Buth not work with Qe Ci enabled, any idea?? Tank's

Wondering if someone can help me.

I recently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 onto my computer with the ATI Radeon HD5450 512MB card.

The native resolution is on 1024x768 so I wanted to use this guide to sort that out.

Firstly, I followed TonyMac's guide to install Snow Leopard - http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ibo...ac-os-x-on.html

So this means I am on version 10.6.7, do I need to rollback to version 10.6.4 in order to get this working? If so where can I download this from?

Secondly when I tried to install the kexts mentioned in step 4 (Atiframebuffer.kext and ATY_init.kext) to System / Library / Extensions the following error message occured.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/ATY_init.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

What am I actually supposed to take out from my com.apple.boot.plist file to add the lines mentioned in step 5?

Thanks

so..

to get QE/CI working we needto update to 10.6.4+gfx update

and 10.6.6 (this should include gfx update from 10.6.4).

for ppllike me with SLOW connection i cant stand to download >1gb file.

so my point is.. if there is anyone who kind enaugh to upload their KEXTS (X300plugin.bundle,GA,GL..forgot the name) from 10.6.4+gfx / 10.6.6 we really appreciate that it willbe a BIG HELP to us.

thanks. :angel:

No; just any combo update later than 10.6.4 (10.6.5 Combo Update or later).

Here's my current post-install chain:

The files in this thread; the latest version of Chameleon RC5 (SL-only; the SL/Lion version is earlier in the trunk than either this version or the current Snow-only version, hence no native support for the AMD modifications), and 10.6.7 CU+[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (in order, with the last two literally one after the other, since the CU requires a reboot) - I have all four files on my custom off-site storage drive's Utility Belt (a 40 GB PATA WD custom-partitioned for the purpose; partition one is a clone of the SL install disc, partition two is my Utility Belt, with partitions three and four reserved for Lion).

Thanks.

Actually, if you dual-boot with Windows, use the Radeon BIOS Editor *or* GPU-Z from techPowerUP (http://www.techpowerup.com) to extract your GPU's BIOS (either utility will do). Both save the file with a .BIN extension; simply rename it so it has a .ROM extension (either in Explorer in Windows pre-copy or in Finder post-copy) and use the renamed extracted file instead of the one from the archive.

Actually, if you dual-boot with Windows, use the Radeon BIOS Editor *or* GPU-Z from techPowerUP (http://www.techpowerup.com) to extract your GPU's BIOS (either utility will do). Both save the file with a .BIN extension; simply rename it so it has a .ROM extension (either in Explorer in Windows pre-copy or in Finder post-copy) and use the renamed extracted file instead of the one from the archive.

Ahhh that's how, thanks

So I've been trying get this to work to no avail, and the other day I went into AtiFlash and it listed my 5450 card as 68e0, not 68f9 as was listed here... so now I'm confused and not sure which ROM to use (though neither has worked).

I'm on a HP Tm2t with dual Intel/Ati card. Anyone clarify this for me?