10.6.6 is out

UnaClocker

48 posts in this topic

For those having problems with Radeon 4890 after 10.6.6 update. You just have to add your device/vendor id string into the info.plist of ATIRadeonx2000.kext and ATI4800Controller.kext slightly more detailed steps here:

http://tzeheng.com/blog/2011/01/07/how-to-...-10-6-6-update/

p/s: qe/ci is not working... just a resolution fix

Anyone got flash working on 10.6.6?

I updated to 10.6.6 and had problems with SpeepEnabler. I deleted it from /Extra/Extensions but trackpad and keyboard didn't work (PS2Controller with myHack). I tried to reinstall myHack only with PS2Controller and had a kernel panic ;)

Updated system in the sig to 10.6.6. Everything fine except as others have mentioned if I don't remove sleepenabler.kext I get a kernel panic.

I too have removed sleepenabler.kext and am beyond the kernel panics. However, the machine now seems to ignore my com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Extra regardless of what I put in there. Also, my nVidia video is broken. The audio on my desktop is functioning only in 32 bit (arch=i386) (alc audio, not surprising). If I could get back to full resolution on my desktop I'd be happy.

The laptop seems to be fairly happy although the airport has broken despite replacing the IDs in 80211Family.kext, and trying an older 80211Family.kext

Overall not a good move on my part I think.

Updated couple of hours ago and works fantastic. I was using 10.6.4 but I first took the 10.6.5 (NOT COMBO!!!) update. Installed it and right after, with kext helper, WITHOUT rebooting, I installed the USB_10.6.4. After that I restarted with flag -f and repaired permissions.

I restarted again without flags. I checked audio and USB were working fine and I cursed the way graphics were. :). I restarted again (I guess not necessary, but I still did it) in -x mode and repaired permissions again. Surprisingly they were lots to repair.

Restarted again in normal mode and clicked for updates with "Software Update". I had 9 updates. iLife 11 included. Around 300 something MB.

When I had to reboot, I did it again with -f and repaired permissions. After that normal restart and all works as expected. Graphics fixed only with this update.

AppStore working fine, downloading, installing but SUCKING. I uninstalled it now. :)

Good luck!

____

Forum was down and I couldn't post. Had time to play with 10.6.6 and I feel it a bit slower than 10.6.4. Safari is loading very hard. Firefox seem ok...

post-651454-1294437533_thumb.png

I too have removed sleepenabler.kext and am beyond the kernel panics. However, the machine now seems to ignore my com.apple.Boot.plist file in /Extra regardless of what I put in there. Also, my nVidia video is broken. The audio on my desktop is functioning only in 32 bit (arch=i386) (alc audio, not surprising). If I could get back to full resolution on my desktop I'd be happy.

The laptop seems to be fairly happy although the airport has broken despite replacing the IDs in 80211Family.kext, and trying an older 80211Family.kext

Overall not a good move on my part I think.

I downloaded the 10.6.5 version fix for 64 bit sleepenabler and put it back in with flag as usual pmVersion=21 and it works now for 64bit.

SleepEnabler.kext.zip

I downloaded the 10.6.5 version fix for 64 bit sleepenabler and put it back in with flag as usual pmVersion=21 and it works now for 64bit.

I have asus ul30a, and i have disabled hibernate mode when i install osx, because this breaks the osx and never restart after. With this I can sleep pc without problems? How I install this? because you said to put a flag

I have asus ul30a, and i have disabled hibernate mode when i install osx, because this breaks the osx and never restart after. With this I can sleep pc without problems? How I install this? because you said to put a flag

well this works for me, I understand there are no guarantees but best guesses.

I put the sleepenabler in E/E and run kext util after .

And this is what I have for my Boot.plist

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=21</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

I hear if things go bad you can always go for pmVersion=0 @prompt but that never worked for me. If this does get you a KP then try to remove it by doing the install process but just term / mount your drive and delete the file in E/E.

Good luck.

well this works for me, I understand there are no guarantees but best guesses.

I put the sleepenabler in E/E and run kext util after .

And this is what I have for my Boot.plist

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>pmVersion=21</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GeneratePStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GenerateCStates</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

I hear if things go bad you can always go for pmVersion=0 @prompt but that never worked for me. If this does get you a KP then try to remove it by doing the install process but just term / mount your drive and delete the file in E/E.

Good luck.

Ok, thks, I will try

Computer:

Computer Type ACPI x64-based PC

Motherboard:

CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550, 2833 MHz (8.5 x 333)

Motherboard Name Intel Skyburg DP45SG (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 2 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Motherboard Chipset Intel Eaglelake P45

System Memory 6132 MB (DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM)

DIMM1: Transcend JM1333KLU-2G 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 518 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

DIMM2: Transcend JM1333KLU-2G 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (8-8-8-22 @ 609 MHz) (7-7-7-20 @ 533 MHz) (6-6-6-17 @ 457 MHz)

DIMM3: Transcend JM1333KLU-2G 2 GB DDR3-1333 DDR3 SDRAM (9-9-9-24 @ 666 MHz) (8-8-8-22 @ 592 MHz) (7-7-7-19 @ 518 MHz) (6-6-6-16 @ 444 MHz)

BIOS Type AMI (01/21/10)

Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)

Display:

Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (896 MB)

Multimedia:

Audio Adapter IDT 92HD73E1/92HDW74E1 @ Intel 82801JB ICH10 - High Definition Audio Controller

Storage:

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller

Storage Controller AHGGAAEQ IDE Controller

Disk Drive ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Disk Drive ST3250310AS ATA Device (250 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Disk Drive ST380211AS ATA Device (80 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)

Disk Drive WDC WD800BD-08MRA1 ATA Device (74 GB, IDE)

Optical Drive SONY DVD RW DRU-V200S ATA Device

Optical Drive UVCNOBS EV8XURO1QJS SCSI CdRom Device

Input:

logitech wireless (usb)

Keyboard HID Keyboard Device

Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network:

Primary IP Address 192.168.2.2

Primary MAC Address 00-1C-C0-90-AA-D8

Network Adapter Intel® 82567LF-2 Gigabit Network Connection (192.168.2.2)

Peripherals:

Printer Fax

Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Printer Send To OneNote 2010

FireWire Controller AT&T/Lucent IEEE1394 FireWire Controller (PHY: Agere LFW3226/3227)

USB1 Controller Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB Universal Host Controller

USB2 Controller Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller

USB2 Controller Intel 82801JB ICH10 - USB2 Enhanced Host Controller

USB Device Apple iPhone

USB Device Apple Mobile Device USB Driver

USB Device USB Composite Device

USB Device USB Input Device

USB Device USB Input Device

DMI:

DMI BIOS Vendor Intel Corp.

DMI BIOS Version SGP4510H.86A.0125.2010.0121.1927

DMI System Manufacturer

DMI System Product

DMI System Version

DMI System Serial Number

DMI System UUID ABA6ED04-7B8911DD-87700011-D8A408ED

DMI Motherboard Manufacturer Intel Corporation

DMI Motherboard Product DP45SG

DMI Motherboard Version AAE27733-402

DMI Motherboard Serial Number BTSG836002A0

DMI Chassis Manufacturer

DMI Chassis Version

DMI Chassis Serial Number

DMI Chassis Asset Tag

DMI Chassis Type Desktop Case

guys this is my system ... i need to install OSX ... plx suggest me some gud DVD for mr o download and help me in the bios setting .... i am trying this for more than 2 yrs ... but still i cant able to install it :) plz help me out guys ...

Installed fine on my iAtkos S3 v2 on XPS M1530 and everything works perfect. Except the App Store. It locks up when I attempt to install anything. Whether it's paid or free. Any ideas?

EDIT:

It appears my App Store issue is related to an installed app check of all drives and it locks the App Store up when it hits any NTFS or BootCamp volumes. So it freezes. Unmounting these drives allows the App Store to begin working again.

Have just done the update to 10.6.6 on my Dell Precision M6300 and all works fine, no issues with USB or Bluetooth like I did going from 10.6.3 to 10.6.5. All I need now is the correct Sleepenabler for 10.6.6. No issues with app store either.

try use RIP.app. run it and then wait for sleep. it should works. google for find it

I remember the native auto sleep worked but of course I messed it up by trying something new. So native autosleep has not been really resolved I guess? SMC issue?

works!!

deletet sleepenabler, updatet with combo-update from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6 without problems.

noisy sound on speakers due to the mic-input-level in sound-prefs was on max. turned it down and everything runs fine.

I never needed sleep, so s**k it. boot & shutdown work perfect and fast, got sound, LAN & usb...

asrock conroe1333 667 rev3 bios 1.8

core2duo 2,53

4GB ram

Geforce 8600GT

myhack/Chameleon RC2

this system runs without any major problems since 10.6.0....

I ran the combo update. Killed my hackintosh, tried -v -x it sits there waiting for root device. Tried pmVersion=21 and still get the no entry sign when trying to boot, can anyone help? Or alternatively how do I roll back?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I installed 10.6.6 and change my kernel to legacy_kernel 10.6.6

Everything is working, only i cannot change my resolutions.

In 10.6.2 everyting was working, no problems.

Is anybody nows how i can make it ??

System:

P5KPL-AM EPU

Intel Pentium D 2,8 Ghz

3GB DDR2 667Mhz

Geforce 9500GT 1024 MB - Working with NvEnabler but my monitor is not recognizet.

Greetz