MacSoft announces universal Age of Empires III

Swad

7 posts in this topic

Good news for all you AOE fans (or for Mac gamers in general) - MacSoft announced today that they'll be shipping Age of Empires III late next month.

The sequel to MacSoft’s second best-selling title ever, and the latest release in the 18-million unit “Age of Empires” series, “Age of Empires III” for Macintosh is scheduled to be available by the end of September, 2006 as a Universal Binary that can be operated natively either on Apple’s Intel-based or PowerPC Macintosh computers.

“Age of Empires III” picks up where “Age of Empires II: The Age of Kings®” left off, as players become one of eight European powers exploring, colonizing, and conquering the New World. Featuring amazing 3D graphics, remarkable Ageia® PhysX® technology, and an innovative Home City feature that lets players “level-up” their evolving home city to strengthen their economy, technology, and military, “Age of Empires III” for Macintosh sets many new standards for real-time strategy games.

I've been an AoE fan since the beginning so I'll be looking forward to this release.

Another reason I'll be supporting this release is to show Mac game makers that there really is a growing market for universal games. Hopefully the release of a great game like Age of Empires III will reinforce that point.

Hey Danyell.

Yeah, AoE one was great. AoE II was even better in my opinion, and while I haven't gotten to play III very much, I was impressed with what I saw. It's a little too modern for some of my tastes, but I bet if I got to play it on a good gaming rig, I'd end up liking it more.

Sweet. I gave my copy of AoE III on WinXP to my brother since he loves the series and I never really play the game, but I'll probably end up getting it for Mac.

Ah.. AoE and all the fond memories. One of the best ports was definately the PocketPC version. ;) That was much fun on long trips.

Though I'm usually not so much into strategy games and I don't even own a 'real' mac (work computer doesn't count), I'll certainly consider getting this, as a statement of support for universal games.

I hope it does PC-Mac multiplayer and I do wonder if the Mac version also supports the PhysX add-on? :D