Flyakite OSX

joelogic

19 posts in this topic

For those of you that are stuck in XP but want a smidget of OSX in your life, go here.

http://osx.portraitofakite.com/

It's a total conversion kit that will pretty much change most of XP's look and feel to resemble tiger.

The site itself is incredibly slick, the program is even slicker.

I wouldnt recommend installing it though unless you have a decent speed PC.

Server 2003 Datacenter

Funny.

Is that your home computer, running a pirated copy of a slightly oversized OS? :unsure:

I hope you didn't try to "adorn" a corporate production environment. :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really feeling like a newbie... haven't been one at a site for years. B)

Anyway, does anyone know how to get rid of the start menu/task bar altogether, get a dock (other than the one included) and get the close and maximize window buttons to be on the upper left isntead of the right?? When this is freshly installed it seems to have a theme different from the "Tiger" theme of WindowsBlinds.

WELL: Managed to get the buttons in the left. Now for getting rid of the start menu and finding a good dock.

Personally, I like RKLauncher...

But, it doesn't have a small number of features I really like so I use ObjectDock.

RocketDock is pretty good too, but it has NO TASKBAR FUNCTIONALITY.

Overall, I've used them all pretty much.

Y'z Dock is discontinued and was replaced w/ AquaDock (also discotinued) and RKLauncher, and RKLauncher is still in development.

MobyDock, well, it's good, but doesn't have all the features as other do.

Hope I helped you guys out! :D

It's funny that I happened to see this thread. I have been playing with skinning XP on Linux/vmware the past 4 or 5 hrs (too much time on my hands). :) I pretty much got everything from osx-e.com. I wanted to try and get Avedesk to run, but I dare not on vmware. :(

xposx3at.th.jpg

You'll want to get your hands on ObjectBar. Menu support, systray, everything. No included dock, though.

ObjectBar also lacks support for the fancified Explorer Toolbar Menus and the Firefox PseudoNative Menus. It's the closest you will ever get, though.

ifizzzle is sweet! *But it does not do all the menus and such, but you guys should see it!

I also for got to mention that they added minimizing effects to RKLauncher, it comes with the zizing effect, but you can download the genie effect on their main page!

AND, I've found many of Stardocks products to use alot of CPU and resources (ObjectBar and OnjectDock are made by Stardock)

Oh, I have something to add...

I'm making MY OWN windows environment for the web, but there is a huge difference, I am making mine for web development!

My overall goal is to make a VB6.0 compiler...that well, takes basic VB6.0 apps and turns them into, well HTML!

If anyone is interested in this and would like to help out and test, just send me a PM!

Many doubt that I will get anywhere with this, and my response to that is simple...

I've actually the "window" part complete, you define and put a window in the page with 2 lines of JS, and to add to that, these windows can be controlled real-time with JS commands!

So far the windows support:

-Full resizing (still miss minimize and maximise buttons though, these will be added much later)

-Full positioning

-z-order

-closing

-fadeout when not focused, just like XP (it works perfect)

-Titles

-Icons (optional)

-user-defiened content

-image prre-loading

-Firefox and IE!

not to mention, each and every view is pixel perfect...

Things to fix/add:

-Close button does not fade when out of focus (don't NEED this, just want to make it pixel perfect)

-Minimize and maximize button support

-Make close,maximize, and minimize buttons optional (VB6.0 has this option for making windows)

-add "always on top" setting

-add focus top window (don't know why this would be needed, windows doesn't even have this as far as I know...but it would be nice)

As you can see, I am taking this serious...and I happen to have ALOT of web programming experience.

In other words, my script is already amazing, I've already shown a few of my friends and they could hardly believe their eyes!