DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Hi Maldon,

Finally over 10 forum posts and I can now post in this thread. Everythings been working fine on my GA-965P-DS3 for the past 2months except for timed sleep which is common for this board I believe.

Thanks for the great work on a great beginner friendly tool.

:thumbsup_anim:

bazz.

Thank you,

Here are my results

poweroff - ok

reboot - ok

sleep is gone - it wakes up immediately

pressing power botton - freezes system

run on terminal

paste

grep Wake /var/log/kernel.log

Hi Maldon,

Finally over 10 forum posts and I can now post in this thread. Everythings been working fine on my GA-965P-DS3 for the past 2months except for timed sleep which is common for this board I believe.

Thanks for the great work on a great beginner friendly tool.

:censored2:

bazz.

you're welcome :)

Yes not works :(:(:(

tfrihtklx.gif

run on terminal

paste

grep Wake /var/log/kernel.log

sleep working:

Feb 3 20:33:09 macpro kernel[0]: Wake reason = PWRB

Feb 3 20:33:09 macpro kernel[0]: System Wake

sleep not working:

Feb 5 08:30:30 macpro kernel[0]: Wake reason = GBEC EHC2

Feb 5 08:30:30 macpro kernel[0]: System Wake

immediately wake from sleep

Feb 5 15:34:18 macpro kernel[0]: System Sleep

Feb 5 15:34:22 macpro kernel[0]: Wake reason = EHC1 EHC2

Feb 5 15:34:22 macpro kernel[0]: System Wake

dsdt.USB.zip

what you have connected with the ports USBs?

dsdt.USB.zip

what you have connected with the ports USBs?

it sleeps -- super!!

Feb 5 15:49:12 macpro kernel[0]: System Sleep

Feb 5 15:49:36 macpro kernel[0]: Wake reason = PWRB EHC2

Feb 5 15:49:36 macpro kernel[0]: System Wake

now you removed everything under ehc1 and 2.

What about ehci fixes?

like this

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)

{

Store (Package (0x0D)

{

"AAPL,clock-id",

Buffer (One)

{

0x02

},

"built-in",

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

},

"device_type",

Buffer (0x05)

{

"EHCI"

},

"AAPL,current-available",

0x04B0,

"AAPL,current-extra",

0x02BC,

"AAPL,current-in-sleep",

0x03E8,

Buffer (One)

{

0x00

}

}, Local0)

DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))

Return (Local0)

}

post-52582-1296917957_thumb.png

you need to extract a dsdt

with the additional memory

and then reapply the patches

the problem is "operation region"

if you prefer, you can do manually

seeing the difference after adding the memories

Gigabyte I do not have this problem

Asus is normal this problem

@MaLdOn

I installed Windoze on an eSATA drive to get a very clean, patched DSDT.aml for this MB (P5Ld2-VM-DH) and when comparing it to my current DSDT.aml, I see a few differences. The addition of the HDEF section is one that is obvious and I understand as well as the "Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)" lines (expained as erroneous in another thread). However, should I be concerned about the differences between these two sections?

,, _Y0D, AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

})

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._MIN, MIN6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._MAX, MAX6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, LEN6)

vs

,, _Y11, AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

})

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MIN, MIN6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MAX, MAX6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._LEN, LEN6)

I haven't added the additional RAM yet so both of these are for my 2GB setup. I have also attached the two *.dsl files that I am comparing.

Thanks for your insight. My SL setup is my cleanest yet thanks to your DSDT magic.

dsdt_kpos.zip

@MaLdOn

I installed Windoze on an eSATA drive to get a very clean, patched DSDT.aml for this MB (P5Ld2-VM-DH) and when comparing it to my current DSDT.aml, I see a few differences. The addition of the HDEF section is one that is obvious and I understand as well as the "Acquire (MUTE, 0x03E8)" lines (expained as erroneous in another thread). However, should I be concerned about the differences between these two sections?

,, _Y0D, AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

})

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._MIN, MIN6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._MAX, MAX6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, LEN6)

vs

,, _Y11, AddressRangeMemory, TypeStatic)

})

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MIN, MIN6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._MAX, MAX6)

CreateDWordField (CRS, \_SB.PCI0._Y11._LEN, LEN6)

I haven't added the additional RAM yet so both of these are for my 2GB setup. I have also attached the two *.dsl files that I am comparing.

Thanks for your insight. My SL setup is my cleanest yet thanks to your DSDT magic.

dsdt_kpos.zip

add additional RAM

extract new DSDT from Windows and Apply

Hey Everyone!

I have a generic HP computer from late 2009 with the MSI MS-7613 OEM motherboard.

I have never had a DSDT created for it. but I downloaded the auto patcher and I had it create a DSDT for me with the MSI P55A-G55 option, No kidding but it has actually worked for me as far as I can see. Overall slightly lower temps and everything working great without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext before if I removed that kext it would make flash video go cranky but now it's as smooth as butter.

In system profiler I think it has detected my Realtek ALC888S but I will have to try and get sound working without Voodoo HDA, it's looking like a possibility now too.

All I can say is there must be some similarities between my OEM board and the P55A-G55.

Hey Everyone!

I have a generic HP computer from late 2009 with the MSI MS-7613 OEM motherboard.

I have never had a DSDT created for it. but I downloaded the auto patcher and I had it create a DSDT for me with the MSI P55A-G55 option, No kidding but it has actually worked for me as far as I can see. Overall slightly lower temps and everything working great without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext before if I removed that kext it would make flash video go cranky but now it's as smooth as butter.

In system profiler I think it has detected my Realtek ALC888S but I will have to try and get sound working without Voodoo HDA, it's looking like a possibility now too.

All I can say is there must be some similarities between my OEM board and the P55A-G55.

you could send me your original DSDT?

Thanks

:)

hi Mald0n,

thanks for your dsdt-auto-patcher!

i tried to apply it at my gf's laptop (acer 7720g) using the 5920g model in your dsdt-patcher. It seems quite fine, but i have 2 problems :

1) I don't have audio working (i have alc262 codec). I found an alc262 codec patch and legacy, but i have mic working, but no speakers and/or headphones. I have codec_dump of my audio if you wanna give a look ... perhaps some nodes have to be modified...

2) wake after sleep doesn't work ... but hibernate works. Any way to fix it ?

Thanks!

hi Mald0n,

thanks for your dsdt-auto-patcher!

i tried to apply it at my gf's laptop (acer 7720g) using the 5920g model in your dsdt-patcher. It seems quite fine, but i have 2 problems :

1) I don't have audio working (i have alc262 codec). I found an alc262 codec patch and legacy, but i have mic working, but no speakers and/or headphones. I have codec_dump of my audio if you wanna give a look ... perhaps some nodes have to be modified...

2) wake after sleep doesn't work ... but hibernate works. Any way to fix it ?

Thanks!

send me your DSDT

and kextstat

I have just a quick question:

I have an Asus Maximus Formula (1403 BIOS), but I have almost all the integrated peripherials set to Disabled in BIOS:

- Audio is disabled

- Firewire is disabled

- both Ethernet Controllers are disabled

- JMicron PATA is disabled

- ICH9R is in AHCI mode

The only thing I have in the computer is a GeForce 9600M card, everything else is connected by USB. Shell I just use the script as is? I mean, some of the fixes are for audio and ethernet, what I don't have. What's the best way to have an almost vanilla system in my case?

I have just a quick question:

I have an Asus Maximus Formula (1403 BIOS), but I have almost all the integrated peripherials set to Disabled in BIOS:

- Audio is disabled

- Firewire is disabled

- both Ethernet Controllers are disabled

- JMicron PATA is disabled

- ICH9R is in AHCI mode

The only thing I have in the computer is a GeForce 9600M card, everything else is connected by USB. Shell I just use the script as is? I mean, some of the fixes are for audio and ethernet, what I don't have. What's the best way to have an almost vanilla system in my case?

send me

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=81816

i have found the holy grail of dell laptops.. almost!.. my friends x3100 inspiron 1520 drive died (i/o errors) so replaced and was playing with why audio wasnt working (lol forgot hdef and vodoohda conflict) so i had added _PWR to the AZAL with 0x0B 0x03 and shutdown works. then switched to 0x09 0x04 and no shutdown. hmm.

so im comparing his dsdt fixes i did to mine to see if nvidia will finally shutsdown. it has store (0x01, SMBD) in WAK as well in PCI0 _INI the opposite.. Store (0x00, SMBD).

no SMBUS injection and shutdown works. then added SMBUS id.. not full smbus addition.. and still works (gma x3100)

in nvidia system no go. apparently i was using a dsdt with missing (AGP) but was adr 0x00010000 (PEGP AGP) instead was missing 0x00020000 for intel gma port. .. so it was booting vid with no proper address. and no graphicsenabler? must be a very compatible gma 965 :)

dsdt.zsero.zip

:)

Use topic

i have found the holy grail of dell laptops.. almost!.. my friends x3100 inspiron 1520 drive died (i/o errors) so replaced and was playing with why audio wasnt working (lol forgot hdef and vodoohda conflict) so i had added _PWR to the AZAL with 0x0B 0x03 and shutdown works. then switched to 0x09 0x04 and no shutdown. hmm.

so im comparing his dsdt fixes i did to mine to see if nvidia will finally shutsdown. it has store (0x01, SMBD) in WAK as well in PCI0 _INI the opposite.. Store (0x00, SMBD).

no SMBUS injection and shutdown works. then added SMBUS id.. not full smbus addition.. and still works (gma x3100)