DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

So I removed my files, installed yours, renamed dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml and rebooted.

Everything seems to be ok :D except for the GTX285: "unknown nvidia".

So I checked the "Graphic Enabler" option in Chameleon and then all resolution modes are available and card is named "GTX 285"

Is there a way to insert my graphic card information into DSDT?

Thanks! ;)

So I removed my files, installed yours, renamed dsdt.aml to DSDT.aml and rebooted.

Everything seems to be ok :D except for the GTX285: "unknown nvidia".

So I checked the "Graphic Enabler" option in Chameleon and then all resolution modes are available and card is named "GTX 285"

Is there a way to insert my graphic card information into DSDT?

Thanks! ;)

Yep

if you get the patch

I apply

run on terminal

kextstat

paste

NVEnabler_64.kext.zip

Thank you for your answer MaLdOn but I'm not sure to understand what to do :)

kexstat is to view the kexts loaded, and then? Should I install NVEnabler in EE or SLE?

S/L/E

the result of kextstat

you put here

I want to take a look

OK!

So I installed NVEnabler_64 in S/L/E with kext helper.

After reboot with "Graphic Enabler= No", image is better, but only one graphic resolution and card detected as 32MB unknown

Here is my kexstat file:

R__sultat_de_Terminal.txt

:whistle:

kextstat ok

NVEnabler in S/L/E

two clicks in kext utility

Kext_Utility.zip

do not drag the kext to the program

delete mkext

sleep ok?

after you finish the whole process

repair permissions for D.U

Hi,

I just tested this dsdt and still no graphic(no ci/qe,res=1024x756) or sleep function possible.On closing the lid the display does go off but system does not power down as in regular sleep and there is no wake from that state.Have to use power button to cancel sleep.

On a different note a user here Nixin has made a patch for DV6-t series laptops to be used with your patcher but I am not able to figure out how to use that with your auto patcher, as all patches are inbuilt..although he specifically says its to be used with your auto patcher.

Can you take a look into this and maybe add that to your list of patches in auto patcher,or may be advise me how to use it.It may help you in fixin this dsdt.

I have also attached a patched dsdt that I was using earlier,which is for a DV7 laptop but it has the same graphics card as mine- 'nvidia GT 320', cant we just use the PGP or GFX0 code from this to work.

Please have a look.

Thanks.

PS ; with both the patched dsdts from other sources that I have used I dont need any entries in the com.appleboot.plist for graphics.

I tried to put the system into sleep mode. After wake-up, system rebooted... :mellow:

systempreferences/energysaver --> select "Start up automatically after a power failure"

Video was always OK - I have AppleIntelGMA950 kext/driver/bundle in /S/L/E. Should I remove them and try without?

Sleep still does not work - disk spins down and network goes away, but case fan and display stay on...

D945GCLF2ioreg2.zip

net.osrom.kext.Disabler

without power management

no sleep without kext

Hi,

I just tested this dsdt and still no graphic(no ci/qe,res=1024x756) or sleep function possible.On closing the lid the display does go off but system does not power down as in regular sleep and there is no wake from that state.Have to use power button to cancel sleep.

On a different note a user here Nixin has made a patch for DV6-t series laptops to be used with your patcher but I am not able to figure out how to use that with your auto patcher, as all patches are inbuilt..although he specifically says its to be used with your auto patcher.

Can you take a look into this and maybe add that to your list of patches in auto patcher,or may be advise me how to use it.It may help you in fixin this dsdt.

I have also attached a patched dsdt that I was using earlier,which is for a DV7 laptop but it has the same graphics card as mine- 'nvidia GT 320', cant we just use the PGP or GFX0 code from this to work.

Please have a look.

Thanks.

PS ; with both the patched dsdts from other sources that I have used I dont need any entries in the com.appleboot.plist for graphics.

ok

I'll look into it

notebook is always much longer

so it is hardly in DSDT Auto-Patcher

We must work to have a "Christmas without hunger" :mellow:

Thanks! Do you think this will work the variation of the Realtek ALC888 chipset my board has? ... and is it just me or is the hard drive much more responsive using DSDT?

not understand

my english :(

:D

No sound. I used the patch on the first post: AppleHDA.kext. I used the terminal command to patch the file from ALC 888. Still no sound. Any ideas?

you need a legacy

or

applehda with info.plist and binary patch

try with

AppleHDA.kext.zip

please back up everything that you change

read it

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

Hello MaLd0n! Sorry for the late reply and for the USB fix you had to implement. I decided to do a clean install of 10.6 before trying the patched DSDT. I was able to install 10.6 successfully, then upgraded to 10.6.5, before installing Chameleon RC5 r656, and then upgrading to the r668 binaries. I only have FakeSMC.kext in /Extra/Extensions/, and lnx2mac's Realtek driver in /System/Library/Extensions.

In com.apple.Boot.plist, I have GenerateCStates and GeneratePStates set to Yes, but under ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin in IORegistryExplorer, only 2 values are generated.

Shutdown and restart work fine, however, sleep does not seem to work. The display is "frozen," where the time and everything on the screen stays the same. Once the mouse/keyboard is touched, the system seems to start up again.

In kernel.log, sleep seems to recognized:

Dec 19 14:32:49 local kernel[0]: System Doze
Dec 19 14:33:15 local kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 0

(This differs from a GA-P35-DS3L that sleeps fine; the System registers itself going to sleep, then waking up.)

However, I believe this is because my graphics card (NVIDIA GTS 450) is not properly recognized. My GTS 450 does not have QE/CI listed in System Profiler, even though the device ID (0x0DC4) and Vendor (0x10DE) match the listing in nvidia.c in the trunk revision here. Also, when bdmesg is run, my graphics card is detected:

nVidia GeForce GTS 450 1024MB NVc3 [10de:0dc4] :: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

Any idea why my graphics card is not detected? Otherwise, I feel as if the DSDT you have provided me is flawless. :(

you can manually add

see values FID / VID

Hi! I'm trying to do this for my HP 6710b notebook, but I noticed that it is not yet in your 'supported' list. I Started the run_me.zip and this is the result. The reason why I wanted to run your script/program is because sleep does not yet work and audio is not recognized in System Profiler. I occasionally get a kernel panic from AppleIntelX3100FB, but it's twice a week and I'm nog sure if that's related... Could you please let your light shine on this one?

send_me.zip