DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Ok, patched dsdt for vid card, screen went black, laptop did not properly return from sleep. I tried uninstalling voodoohda and applehdadisabler, had no sound. FN keys still don't work. I'm about to test HDMI since nothing else to try atm. I'll let you know how that works out next time.

I know my g60 patched dsdt had a bunch of hacks in there, some of which I'm not familiar with myself. Perhaps you could even point me in the right direction as to what I need to be patching and I can start working on it myself.

I am having a weird problem here.

My laptop is Sony VAIO VPC-CB15FG. It has dual graphics (switchable) - Intel HD3000 (Sandy-Bridge) & AMD Radeon HD 6630M.

As you might guess, the Intel HD does not work. However, from System Profiler, I can see that ATI6000Controller.kext is getting loaded for the HD 6630M. The deviceID of 6630M is present the Info.plist of the kext. Therefore the card must be working.

But the internal display is shown to be connected to the Intel HD card. Is there any way to connect the display to the 6630M using DSDT patch ?

I am attaching the DSDT & send_me files here.

Any help would be appreciated.

send_me.zip

dsdt.zip

mad m8t cloud you do me a favor for correct this dsdt its got errors and I'm not good at fixing the errors I added a few things for testing and not sure how to correct the compile errors still learning

ps if you ever got time i would like to pick you brain and talk dsdt for a few still learning it

dsdt.zip

I would love a little help with the creation of a custom DSDT for my H'intosh. Currently not having any problems, just want to make sure I'm getting all I can out of this system.

It's a Vostro 400. Running Lion currently. Chimera with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install.

Motherboard: Foxcon dg33m03 Rev: A00

Network: TEG-PCITXR

Video: GeForce 8800 GT

Please let me know if there is any more info needed.

send_me.zip

Thanks again for the last one you sent me. Everything seems to be working perfectly fine aside from sleep... it appears to work, and maybe it does. When I send the system to sleep, it goes through the motions... but nothing seems to power down even the slightest. Oh well, I can live w/out sleep in any case.

My next request might be a bit more difficult as I could never even get it to compile with no patches due to what I guess is poorly written code. Motherboard is MSI K9A2 Platinum - it's AMD, and will be used with snow leopard since there's no amd kernel for lion yet.

I extracted the dsdt files from windows using you attached files for lin&win. I hope these are the proper files you need (1 .dsl file, 3 .dat files)

Thanks again if you can help with this one ^^

msi_k9a2_platinum.zip

My laptop is Sony VAIO VPC-CB15FG.

dsdt.pauldmps.zip

VIDEO

I have no idea

mad m8t cloud you do me a favor for correct this dsdt its got errors and I'm not good at fixing the errors I added a few things for testing and not sure how to correct the compile errors still learning

ps if you ever got time i would like to pick you brain and talk dsdt for a few still learning it

send me original DSDT

Whats is your Chipset?

It contains the DSDT.aml from EVEREST Ultimate Edition, I actually changed the .bin file into .aml so it wont take you more time.

what is your motherboard?

dsdt.LifeOnRice.zip

It's a Vostro 400. Running Lion currently. Chimera with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] install.

Motherboard: Foxcon dg33m03 Rev: A00

dsdt.jdh.zip

MSI K9A2 Platinum

dsdt.cjhmdm.zip

Thanks MaLd0n if the DSDT.aml is permanent (works). What did you patch on this mobo? I noticed how you patched my ALC662 (thanks alot). Ima going to try to see if other things i need such as Sleeping. ;)

use original kernel

remove SleepEnabler

use nativePM

Thank you, I appreciate that.

But what fixes did you do ?

Any links or tutorials that could solve my problem ?

DTGP

EHCI

FN KEYS

HDEF

HPET

IRQs

LPC

PNLF

RTC

SHUTDOWN

SMBUS

UHCI

FIX WARNINGS

Use search forum ;)

You sir, are nothing short of awesome. I'll try this out and see how it goes. Thanks again!

EDIT: Wow... BIG correction. This isn't for the K9A2 Platinum motherboard... it's for the MSI 785G-E65. Can't believe I made such a huge mistake...

MaLd0n, is there anything can be done within the DSDT to rectify this cosmetic "error" in Lion (Maybe only a Gigabyte issue)?

Basically even though the OrangeIconFix.kext ensures that SATA drive icons are not shown as external, the "About this Mac" Storage section still shows SATA drives as external as does Disk Utility.

MaDl0n,

Have you had a chance to review the files I posted? Thanks for your help!

MaDl0n,

This is a Dell Studio 14z laptop. Processor is a Intel Core 2 Duo processor, P8700, 2.53

I'm attaching the send_me, with the current DSDT that I've been using for the past year. I've also included the ACPI table information I extracted from Ubuntu last night.

The current DSDT will not compile if I extract it and try and recompile with one of the DSDT editors. I had tried to fix some stuff last year, but could never get past those issues.

The main problems I have:

• Power management - I rely on VoodooBattery.kext, although with Lion I had to use a Apple power management next from 10.6.7. VoodooBattery doesn't work properly in Lion.
  • Screen Dimming - The screen is supposed to dim when you unplug it from the power source, and does not do so currently. Also, the function keys for adjusting screen brightness do not work.
  • Battery Life - I guess this goes with power management, but there is no throttlling that I can tell in OSX for my system. I only get about 1/2 the time I do with Windows 7. Not sure if anything can be done, but between throttling and screen dimming, I'm hoping this will be fixed.
  • Sound - I get popping occasionally from the speakers. Also, everytime there is an update, I lose sound and have to roll back the AppleHDA.kext.

I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. I've really come to rely on OSX for this laptop. Originally I dual booted the system, but 90% of the time I am in OSX and not Windows. Instead, I've set up VMWare for the 10% of the time I need to run something on Windows. I'd like to improve my OSX experience. Thanks for your help!

use original kernel

remove SleepEnabler

use nativePM

(X)Original Kernel= Vanilla Lion Kernel

(X)Sleep Enabler test for Lion= Removed

( )Native PM=

What did you mean by this one? I forgot to tell you that i already had lion installed (using your method) before i started posting on your DSDT Auto-Patcher.

If it was AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, I removed it because of kernel panics during the Post Installation. After I have done this, I installed the Extra Files (such as FakeSMC.kext, etc.) I downloded from the iMac9,1 Files.

Thats the only thing I removed from /System/Library/Extensions. I also installed a modded AppleHDA.kext and ALC662.kext with the terminal code i found on this post for my integrated sound card, but i kept AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

Thanks in advance

MaLd0n, is there anything can be done within the DSDT to rectify this cosmetic "error" in Lion (Maybe only a Gigabyte issue)?

Basically even though the OrangeIconFix.kext ensures that SATA drive icons are not shown as external, the "About this Mac" Storage section still shows SATA drives as external as does Disk Utility.

pasta_sem_t__tulo.zip

MaDl0n,

Have you had a chance to review the files I posted? Thanks for your help!

What happens?

i buyed this motherbord :Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3V, on autopatcher list there is just Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3. Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3V seems to have just two different things: alc889 instead 888 and two pciexpress instead two pci slots. Do you think i can use autopatcher easy?

Thanks.

send me files

see the first post

If it was AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext, I removed it because of kernel panics during the Post Installation. After I have done this, I installed the Extra Files (such as FakeSMC.kext, etc.) I downloded from the iMac9,1 Files.

You need kexts

Thanks MaLd0n, I assumed you wanted me to put the two kexts in E/E?

Anyway, I did and removed the OrangeIconFix.kext. Upon first reboot I had a KP but it rebooted fine the second time and now the drives all show as internal so I guess it worked?

Was I supposed to use both or one or the other (I am on google as I type trying to see what the two kexts actually do...)?

Thanks MaLd0n, I assumed you wanted me to put the two kexts in E/E?

Anyway, I did and removed the OrangeIconFix.kext. Upon first reboot I had a KP but it rebooted fine the second time and now the drives all show as internal so I guess it worked?

Was I supposed to use both or one or the other (I am on google as I type trying to see what the two kexts actually do...)?

IOAHCI... --> orange icon

AHCIport --> correct info in About this mac(if you need use)

What happens?

send me files

see the first post

You need kexts

motherboard in on the way...coming until few days at home, and then i'll send to you a ioreg! THANK YOU! :)

Hello MaLd0n, I have generated the DSDT.aml with DSDT Auto-Patcher from Windows.

The problem that I have is that I must have in E/E NULLCPUPowerManagement but gives me KP. The KP that it gives me is with the HPETs.

I solve as it?

Here this DSDT.aml original

dsdt.aml.tora.zip