InsanelyMac Forum
tianh

My Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth

Hey can someone help me get it working? my card doesnt work and what good is a mac without network? Thanks a bunch

alex

Advertisement

No one has figured out how to make a 3945 a/b/g work. You either need to buy another mini-PCI card to replace it or a USB adapter.

Well I have a DWL G650M Dlink card will that work? I need to know soon because if my external doesnt work as well im quitting mac hehe thanks for the help ram.

geez bro, you're giving up waayyy too fast .. my DSL modem has a USB port, I connect to that and am online without having to configure ANYTHING on my Mac OS x86. The Modem is even a network hub, so it lets me connect to my Desktop Windows Workstation.

If you really want or need wireless then get a PCMCIA wireless card or simply replace your existing card with a better one for a couple of bucks ..

BugsBunny, it's not that his card is a "bad" one, it's just that it's currently unsupported on intel-based macs

my advice to you tianh is to wait for someone to put together a driver for your card, or go buy a compatible card (check the wiki pages for compatible hardware: OSx86 Wiki)

guess not, guess im quitting then, no use for mac with no internet :blink:

Good leave. You sound like too much a wuss to run anything that requires effort to make work.

lol :)

Can anyone lead me in the right direction for trying to develop a driver for this card? I am unfamiliar with the kext editing and porting drivers. My best idea would be to port some of the BSD drivers for these to Mac but those are kernel mods and obviously wont work...

This is more or less the last thing i need to get working...

I have found two drivers, and tried other intel drivers and other kext tricks but no luck yet at all...

I am thinking i might look into making one, as i have a laptop spec similar to that of a MacBook Pro and the thought of saving £1500 / $3000 by getting my laptop to work with OSX is a very good thought...

I need / Want OSX for SHAKE and a few other Video / Photo Tools... Oh, OSX has a much more productive interface for me and i wont get disturbed by the millions of tools avaialble for Windows and nothing really working that good...

I have the 3945ABG IntelPro Card... I have a USB WiFi stick around and a Belkin PCMICA Wireless card so i thinks i will investigate with that...

Swap it out for a Dell Truemobile 1490, that what I did for my Sony VAIO TXN15P. Works great now, Mac OS X on a sub 3lb notebook with wireless and bluetooth. I love it.

I am not sure if the Bluetooth is built into the card, but either way, the Bluetooth Module is working, running and all fine...

I have had some luck with the Wireless too using the driver thats floating around...

Without using the utility the card will turn on from the front button and it appears in NETWORK as an Ethernet, i have not tried yet connecting it to anything...

My network is showing Eth0, Eth1 and Eth2, ( 2 and 1 came after installing the wireless driver so i am guessing that its the wireless card been detected, it has a mac and ip address....

Bluetooth is not integrated into the card. Honestly if i were you i would save myself the trouble and just swap it out for one that is more compatible.

Thanks for that advice, think i will accept it and go for the dell or broadcomm wireless card...

I have done some looking, cant find the dell one, so could you advise of the Model Number so i can have a look around for it?

These are the models i have found on ebay for a good(ish) price...

- BCM94306MP

- BCM94318MPG

- BCM94301MPL

The 18 is the most popular on the old ebay, so would be a gooden to get?

Are either of these three the good dell card?

Thanks for the help upto now, and any help...

So, my dear friends is there already a "Final Solution" for this piece of fine, but non-0sx86 supported hardware yet?

I'd love to know because the iwidarwin file hasn't worked for most people on here.....

So far this is the only piece of hardware that isn't supported yet for my beautiful Toshiba osx86 daw!

cheers

M. Troni

I've ordered a Dell Truemobile 1490 for the low, low price of $15 including shipping. That's entirely acceptable to get a fully supported wireless card, IMHO.

How hard is it to change the wireless card in a laptop. I have a compaq presario c307nr and it has the Intel Wireless Pro 3945ABG card, or at least something similar, and doesn't work.

to anybody from the development team who is lacking a 3945 on his own: I give away my miniPCIe 3945 for free!

Please drop me a PM with a link so I can see you are a developper, and I will send mine to you, no matter where you live.

This is to help speeding up development of the 3945 kext.

If you know a developper who might be interested in my offer, please drop him/her a line about my offer here.

Cheers,

Bugs

"When will the 3945 or 2100 be supported?We do not have this card in house. We can write test code, but no release is currently working. We are looking for skilled developers with a 2100 or 3945abg card to help."

They are looking for this card, maybe you can contact them :

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/wiki/FAQ

http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/

tried to find a means to contact "them", to no avail - would you please PM "them" or PM me with their email address(es)? Apart from donating my card I do not want to waste any more time into this, 2 b honest ..

I have this wireless card on my acer aspire 5710. I am gonna install apple mac 2morrow but looks like im not gonna have internet :( I do have a usb wireless card... but how can i make it work on the mac?

EDIT- Ok i found that the card can be used, but the network has to be unsecured...... o dear lol.

Better than nothing i guess. ;)