EB Games?

12 posts in this topic

I was planning to trade in some GBA games for some other GBA games, what I wanted to do was trade in Megaman Zero ($20 USD according to there site) for Top Gear Rally ($13 USD, according to the site), will I get that game without having to pay additional fees?

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong section... looks like it fits.

I was planning to trade in some GBA games for some other GBA games, what I wanted to do was trade in Megaman Zero ($20 USD according to there site) for Top Gear Rally ($13 USD, according to the site), will I get that game without having to pay additional fees?

Note: Sorry if this is in the wrong section... looks like it fits.

Doubt it....

My little brother had brand new unopened games (like 6 of them) several of which we saw on the shelf for the usual twenty bucks...

for all six they weren't even going to give him ten bucks....

He was going to do it, but I chimed in and said "(bleep) that" and simply bought the games he wanted...

Rip off? In my experiences, definitely...

Depends. I traded in a come dvds and seasons, old ones I bought for nothing at a used store, and got $46. Yeah the conversion from the original prices to what I got was bad, but if you have OLD stuff you don't need, then if you get a nice amount, then what does it matter? I do know that many stores do rip you off, that is a fact.

trading games to stores aren't a good decision. all the local game stores where i live hardly gives anything for games.. but of course, there arent many local game stores anymore =\. it would be better to trade games with friends

never trade anything with eb. complete rip. i think they were offering 10$ for 3 gba games.

if you really want to unload old games, best to just put them on ebay and have a minimum bid.

• 3 weeks later...

eb is a tough place...thought they guarantee used stuff for a while....they dont take back open merch and dont give you much for used merch....

i once saw a lady in the store trying to return an opened game...the guy working wasnt going for it...but she persisted for nearly 10 minutes and he gave in and gave money back...so...you never know...

nice selection if your buying though..

I was once going to trade in Stargate SG-1 Season 7 DVD Set. Since i bought it for like $60 I thought they would give me atleast $15. I walk up to the register give him the box set and then replies "are you sure you wanna trade it in because you will only get 75 cents". I was like f*** that i f***ing left and never went back to eb games, that was like a year ago

Doubt it....

My little brother had brand new unopened games (like 6 of them) several of which we saw on the shelf for the usual twenty bucks...

for all six they weren't even going to give him ten bucks....

He was going to do it, but I chimed in and said "(bleep) that" and simply bought the games he wanted...

Rip off? In my experiences, definitely...

And they claim that their so called 'intellectual Property' is valuable. pffff :(

And they claim that their so called 'intellectual Property' is valuable. pffff :hysterical:

I wouldn't go as far as that, Manufacturers don't recieve income from resale/retail ... only wholesale. In this case, EB Games was simply trying to gouge a little kid; Luckily I was there. I personally believe the "intellectual property" is real and copyrights/patents should be upheld better.

But it was absolutely absurd... THEY STILL HAD THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING!!!

Because they were unopened, I was able to convince Toys 'r' Us to give us store credit for them at FACE value!!! He ended up with well over $100 in store credit.