Chameleon 2.4svn Official PKG Installer

ErmaC
4,261 posts in this topic

@Andreas ZeroCross, the normal output should like that:

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Custom Configuration).
CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 (1100111)

Configuration:
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Task for PID: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
Apple Internal: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

Where is your org.chamelon.Boot.plist stored? Be sure that the right one is loaded and or not corrupted..

@Andreas ZeroCross, the normal output should like that:

CsrActiveConfig = 0x67 (1100111)

Configuration:
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Task for PID: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
Apple Internal: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

Where is your org.chamelon.Boot.plist stored? Be sure that the right one is loaded and or not corrupted..

It should be like that,, but i see 

CsrActiveConfig = 0x01 (0000001)

It should be like that,, but i see 

CsrActiveConfig = 0x01 (0000001)

pls post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and Kernel.plist

You wrote:

CsrActiveConfig = 255  :(

..please write 103 and retry. If the configuration is not supported Enoch use the default value you see in the bdmesg..

Same result guys :(

Still 

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Custom Configuration).

CsrActiveConfig = 0x01 (0000001)

Hello Guys

A little background…

Since El Capitan, many users have the issue on AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext panic during install.

post-1576948-0-38742900-1449395309_thumb.jpg

In clover, its just an easy fix. Enable ACPI>DSDT>Fixes> Fix_TMR and Fix_IPIC. Then fix your dsdt.aml by removing the IRQ in TMR and IPIC or continue to use clover's fixes after install. But in Chameleon, we don't have an option to do this during install.

Looking at clover's FixBiosDsdt.c I think its a nice feature to add this (only the TMR & IPIC). Maybe as a boolean in boot.plist or as a module (dylib) perhaps?

imo, this will help most users affected by this issue specially during install.

Thanks!

• Like 2

I think its a nice feature to add this (only the TMR & IPIC).

Yep will be useful...

I will take a look when I have some free time

Or maybe someone else can provide a patch?... Micky1979?

ErmaC

• Like 1

Or maybe someone else can provide a patch?... Micky1979?

I can try with no promis, but in 2016... is near :P

Same result guys :(

Still 

System Integrity Protection status: disabled (Custom Configuration).

CsrActiveConfig = 0x01 (0000001)

Can you try some previous build in the download section?

• Like 2

Try to install El Capitan. Use latest version of Enoch. But without success, my GT630 is not loaded.

Try various keys: graphicsenabler=no/yes, nvda_dr=0, nv_disable=1

But still graphics is not loaded.

Every time i see same error: cant get kextd port.

Now I have Yosemite installed with Chameleon. And my graphics card work very well with edited DSDT.

But not in El Capitan with Enoch. Is it a problem in Enoch bootloader?

Try to install El Capitan. Use latest version of Enoch. But without success, my GT630 is not loaded.

Try various keys: graphicsenabler=no/yes, nvda_dr=0, nv_disable=1

But still graphics is not loaded.

Every time i see same error: cant get kextd port.

Now I have Yosemite installed with Chameleon. And my graphics card work very well with edited DSDT.

But not in El Capitan with Enoch. Is it a problem in Enoch bootloader?

Using AMD cpu?  XNU sources for El Capitan was released yesterday, and you have a patched and tested kernel, already??  mmmh..

Using AMD cpu? XNU sources for El Capitan was released yesterday, and you have a patched and tested kernel, already?? mmmh..

[AMD] OS X El Capitan (10.11) Kernel Testing & Release (for help use the Help Topic)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?/topic/309765-%5BAMD%5D-OS-X-El-Capitan-%2810%2E11%29-Kernel-Testing-%26-Release-%28for-help-use-the-Help-Topic%29

@lpukraine what I mean, for what I saw, someone can boot AMD cpu with Enoch, someone else not. Some one can boot AMD cpu with Enoch, someone can boot with Clover, but  you're assuming that Enoch is not able to make work your video card, but I guess that you have normal problem with recently tested AMD kernel,

then, answering your question regarding if Enoch has problem running your video card, I'm sure not, what I see is that you are try to run an unstable AMD kernel (because after 2 days testing is right to say that for a work-in-progress).

The only warning I can see in your verbose, is that you have a volume "untitled" with no empty spaces (for the records "Untitled" is not necessarily the volume name you can see in Finder, but can be the "Device Media Name" you can see in "diskutil info /some/volume" that has nothing to do with mount point name).

Than also we don't know what's on your org.chameleon.boot.plist, where you placed your modded kernel,  if you are using the kernel.plist and its setting (and why), and what kernel extensions you have (and where).

Basically you ask a question but you omitting all basically information to help you ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Since I can't create a new thread yet I'll post my problem here and hope to get it solved

Laptop : Dell Inspiron 15R N5010 Corei3 370M Intel HD Graphics Arrandale QE/CI

I managed to install El Capitan on my HDD which has  Yosemite in another partition

disk0s3- Yosemite

disk0s4- El Capitan

disk0s3 Yosemite has Chameleon r2273 and Yosemite just boots fine with it but it won't boot El Capitan because it can't disable SIP and patch El Capitan kernel, right?

I replaced boot file at Yosemite with Enoch but now Yosemite won't load the Graphics Drivers and will be stuck after "DSMOS has arrived" 

So I reverted to Chameleon r2273 and currently booting El Capitan from Enoch installed on a USB stick

Can I somehow chain my bootloaders like

disk0s3 chameleon boot -> disk0s4 enoch boot -> Load El Capitan 

Or

disk0s4 enoch boot -> disk0s3 chameleon boot -> Load Yosemite

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on these?

Hello Guys

A little background…
Since El Capitan, many users have the issue on AppleUSBUHCIPCI.kext panic during install.
attachicon.gifIMG_8995.jpg
In clover, its just an easy fix. Enable ACPI>DSDT>Fixes> Fix_TMR and Fix_IPIC. Then fix your dsdt.aml by removing the IRQ in TMR and IPIC or continue to use clover's fixes after install. But in Chameleon, we don't have an option to do this during install.
Looking at clover's FixBiosDsdt.c I think its a nice feature to add this (only the TMR & IPIC). Maybe as a boolean in boot.plist or as a module (dylib) perhaps?

imo, this will help most users affected by this issue specially during install.
Thanks!

I also suggest to include the removal of RTC irq. it needs 3 (tmr,ipc,rtc) on some 775 socket board

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to remind everyone that when you back up a disk it doesn't usually back up the bootloader correctly. It's a pain, but you have to reinstall it later. Same thing is true for Clover (though it might depend on your motherboard).

Just wanted to remind everyone that when you back up a disk it doesn't usually back up the bootloader correctly. It's a pain, but you have to reinstall it later. Same thing is true for Clover (though it might depend on your motherboard).

Sorry but that is not bootloader related. I mean, you cannot pretend that any backup software save and restore the boot sector writed on your original disk, so that is normal, really no way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am installing El Capitan on the hardware listed in my signature. I am using Enoch v2795 as bootloader, installed in the EFI partition. So far everything went fine, but now I want to inject MLB and ROM values in NVRAM to use iMessage. I took those values from my old Macbook, so that is not an issue.

To do that, I installed fileNVRAM.kext v1.1.4 in my Extra/Extensions/ folder, and fileNVRAM.dylib in Extra/modules. My problem is that the system forgets those values after every reboot. Worse than that, I cannot even find the generated nvram.(uuid).plist file after I store those variables in the simulated NVRAM. I looked both in Extra/ and in / without any luck.

Do you have any advice to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto 

hello everyone...

last time i tried to install osx on my desktop, the chameleon bootloader have a binary format that can be opened in windows/linux so i can get boot0 and boot1h to manually make an osx installer. Today i downloaded the chameleon 2.3svn r2716 and enoch r2795, both files only contain .pkg files, which i cannot open since i don't have mac...  can anyone help me with the link to the binary version of the latest chameleon and/or enoch bootloader? thank's....

Hi,

I am installing El Capitan on the hardware listed in my signature. I am using Enoch v2795 as bootloader, installed in the EFI partition. So far everything went fine, but now I want to inject MLB and ROM values in NVRAM to use iMessage. I took those values from my old Macbook, so that is not an issue.

To do that, I installed fileNVRAM.kext v1.1.4 in my Extra/Extensions/ folder, and fileNVRAM.dylib in Extra/modules. My problem is that the system forgets those values after every reboot. Worse than that, I cannot even find the generated nvram.(uuid).plist file after I store those variables in the simulated NVRAM. I looked both in Extra/ and in / without any luck.

Do you have any advice to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Alberto 

answered you on another Topic..

hello everyone...

last time i tried to install osx on my desktop, the chameleon bootloader have a binary format that can be opened in windows/linux so i can get boot0 and boot1h to manually make an osx installer. Today i downloaded the chameleon 2.3svn r2716 and enoch r2795, both files only contain .pkg files, which i cannot open since i don't have mac...  can anyone help me with the link to the binary version of the latest chameleon and/or enoch bootloader? thank's....

i386.zip