What the...

7 posts in this topic

Jesus H. Christ, I got this 27'' iMac yesterday afternoon, and already we have a quirk.

Snow Leopard refuses to extract .zip files. Which, is quite a majority of applications, like UnRARX.

Specs of my iMac:

- 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

- 4GB of RAM

- 1TB hard disk

- ATi Radeon HD 4670

I have the latest Snow Leopard (10.6.4).

Oh and yes, I've already tried using terminal.

IMO Stuffit Expander is bloated {censored}. More than 100mb for what? I don't want to sound rude, but there are other, simpler solutions.

Try Unarchiver. Is very small FREE app, that expands everything (zip, multi part rar's, etc).

Cheers

I had to reinstall OS X.

Now, I have my hard disk clicking. Nearly killed my system.

Then the problem is with hard drive, which is faulty because it's clicking... replace it! If iMac is under warranty then much loved Apple Care should replace it ; )

Cheers...

I had to reinstall OS X.

Now, I have my hard disk clicking. Nearly killed my system.

GET TO THE REPAIR SHOP AND BACKUP NOW BEFORE LOSING ALL DATA.

Your hard drive is dying which can most likely explain everything happening with your system. The only reason I know this is because I had the same clicking (sounds like CA-CA-CA-CA-CA) and it was a hard drive failure.

GET TO THE REPAIR SHOP AND BACKUP NOW BEFORE LOSING ALL DATA.

Your hard drive is dying which can most likely explain everything happening with your system. The only reason I know this is because I had the same clicking (sounds like CA-CA-CA-CA-CA) and it was a hard drive failure.

Replace with an SSD perhaps? :P