Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

@GhostRaider

First of all, thanks for sharing your excellent work with us!!

I had already thought adding my vendor and devide IDs (which are 8086 and 0042) to AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext's info.plist but it doesn't work, the kext does not get loaded. But what's even more strange is that if you look inside AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext's Info.plist, there it is: 0x00428086!! This is so desperating...

@Eufonic I'm currently using a retail install. What about yours?

@GhostRaider

First of all, thanks for sharing your excellent work with us!!

I had already thought adding my vendor and devide IDs (which are 8086 and 0042) to AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext's info.plist but it doesn't work, the kext does not get loaded. But what's even more strange is that if you look inside AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext's Info.plist, there it is: 0x00428086!! This is so desperating...

Well I haven't really done any work. I'm just reporting what I seem to have discovered. lol The one who has done more research is XmodD and I appreciate that he's taking his time into getting custom resolution to work. :)

I suggest you update your hackintosh to Mac OS X 10.6.7 and get the rest of your hardware working if you haven't done so. Again you are free to experiment with the Intel HD Graphics Kexts and maybe you'll find something. :D

Atheros Wi-Fi Device ID: 0x002A168C

Broadcom Ethernet Device ID: 0x169214E4

Use Device Manager in Windows to look up your Device IDs. Properties>Details>Hardware Ids.

For Atheros Wi-Fi, you read it like this: DEV_002A and VEN_168C. If these match like mine, then it should work out of the box. I'm guessing these values are different.

Same goes for Broadcom Ethernet. DEV_1692 and VEN_14E4. If these match like mine then I can upload the kext for you.

Hello GhostRaider,

Thanks so much for the prompt response, my Broadcom Ethernet is the same 0x169214e4 but the wifi is 0x002E168C, different, but please upload both of the kexts for me to try...

Thanks a million,

Louis

bot now here is a fun fact ... So far I am not able to reinstall Standard 10.6.7 :D freaks me out. but when i delete the graphic files and do a reboot it hangs crazzyyy :)

Reinstall 6 for Today

:DIntel HD Graphics Arrandale Report #2

4) Configure your Chameleon Bootloader:

*Configure your bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (mach_kernel)

*Configure your bootloader to load MacBook Pro 8,1 SMBIOS

*Add GraphicsEnabler key in Boot.plist and set the string to YES.

Hello GhostRaider,

I'm not sure how to configure bootloader to load Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7. Do I just copy your mach_kernel and replace the one in the root drive? Or do I put it in the com.apple.Boot.plist?

Sorry for question, I don't know about this one.

Thanks again,

Louis

Hello GhostRaider,

Thanks so much for the prompt response, my Broadcom Ethernet is the same 0x169214e4 but the wifi is 0x002E168C, different, but please upload both of the kexts for me to try...

Thanks a million,

Louis

I can't give you the Atheros Wi-Fi kext because I don't even know which kext is responsible for that. For me it works out of the box.

I will give you my Broadcom Ethernet Kext. Basically delete "IONetworkingFamily" kext from your Extensions folder. Install this new kext using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or KextHelper.

As for the Bootloader, you need to have an /Extra/ folder in your root directory. Did you install a bootloader or are you using a CD?

============================================================

@XmodD

Yes its a pain deleting all those kexts but all of them are useless lol. Remember to repair the kext cache so your hackintosh can boot much faster.

Broadcom_57780_Ethernet_Kext.zip

I can't give you the Atheros Wi-Fi kext because I don't even know which kext is responsible for that. For me it works out of the box.

I will give you my Broadcom Ethernet Kext. Basically delete "IONetworkingFamily" kext from your Extensions folder. Install this new kext using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] or KextHelper.

As for the Bootloader, you need to have an /Extra/ folder in your root directory. Did you install a bootloader or are you using a CD?

============================================================

@XmodD

Yes its a pain deleting all those kexts but all of them are useless lol. Remember to repair the kext cache so your hackintosh can boot much faster.

Thank you GhostRaider, I'll try everything now.

Louis

Thank you GhostRaider, I'll try everything now.

Louis

Well, after upgrading from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, removed all the kexts, follow the instructions, install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 as normal, boot from usb external hard drive, USB ports couldn't load, only in safemode. Installed the 2 kexts, NO QE/CI, does QE/CI works in safemode, I remember it does with my i7 setup.

Anyhow, back to 10.6.6 now, USB ports work fine. Will debug later about this USB thing. I use the external usb drive to experiment, the dual boot on my NV55C26U is working fine with 10.6.6 without the QE/CI, still at 1024x768x32 like everyone else.

Thanks,

Louis

Well, after upgrading from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7, removed all the kexts, follow the instructions, install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.4 as normal, boot from usb external hard drive, USB ports couldn't load, only in safemode. Installed the 2 kexts, NO QE/CI, does QE/CI works in safemode, I remember it does with my i7 setup.

Anyhow, back to 10.6.6 now, USB ports work fine. Will debug later about this USB thing. I use the external usb drive to experiment, the dual boot on my NV55C26U is working fine with 10.6.6 without the QE/CI, still at 1024x768x32 like everyone else.

Thanks,

Louis

Use the USB Rollback kexts included in [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] on 10.6.7 to fix USB issues. I don't think you booted using the Darwin 10.7 Vanilla Kernel. You need that for it to work.

Thanks,

Louis

bro, it is not remove all the kext, it is just remove some graphic video kexts.. if u remove all kext of course it wont load ur usb..

____________________________________________________________________________________________

@GhostRaider

I had updated first post with your tutorial and all credits goes to you.. Hope that can grab some attention to our thread here and help us to solve out the remaining tasks..

Regards.

bro, it is not remove all the kext, it is just remove some graphic video kexts.. if u remove all kext of course it wont load ur usb..

____________________________________________________________________________________________

@GhostRaider

I had updated first post with your tutorial and all credits goes to you.. Hope that can grab some attention to our thread here and help us to solve out the remaining tasks..

Regards.

Alright, got it to work except the refresh rate is so low that I got bars running across when open a folder, I didn't even have to use and mach_kernel after updated to 10.6.7. I didn't even have to remove the Nvida kexts, even when I removed the Nvidia kexts, the bars still appear.

Screen capture seems to work, but no display

preview works now

dvd player works

I don't know if I missed anything that cause these lines.

Thanks GhostRaider,

Louis

sm_translucent1.jpg

Alright, got it to work except the refresh rate is so low that I got bars running across when open a folder, I didn't even have to use and mach_kernel after updated to 10.6.7. I didn't even have to remove the Nvida kexts, even when I removed the Nvidia kexts, the bars still appear.

Screen capture seems to work, but no display

preview works now

dvd player works

I don't know if I missed anything that cause these lines.

Thanks GhostRaider,

Louis

Its best to remove the NVidia kexts because what's the point in having them? It just makes your hackintosh load useless kexts.

The lines that you see are distortions. The reason for this is because AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext is not loaded. As of now the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB does NOT work. Its an issue that we have do deal with for now.

However your Intel HD Graphics now has QE/CI. :laser:

OK Good News NOW .... I also get the effect.^^ But I have big problems with the refreshing rate. get pixel errors .... Now I ll start with my resolution trys using EFI Strings. let us hope, that this ll work

funny thing, now running what you GhostRaider said in virtualbox, got to 10.6.7 regular update, loaded the vanilla kernel, deleted all graphic kexts rebuild cache and fixed permissions, it's curious because , mac os Leopard lets me take screenshots in virtual box, and here in snow leopard 10.6.7 it just makes the sound.

After editing the apple intel hd kext's Info.plist with 0x00428086 magicly it loads 3 more kext's that unload after a while , odd

AppleIntelMeromProfile.kext

AppleIntelNehalemProfile.kext

AppleIntelPenrynProfile.kext

these get loaded, and then mysteriously unload

I don't know if I really like to have all these bars, they're really annoying to get QE/CI. Is there a way to up the refresh rate or something? DVDplayer will play nice if I click on something like a dropdown menu or something. It's so weird. We're so close but yet so far ;)

Thanks everyone for working on this. I'll try to figure out something myself this weekend. It would be nice if someone from Apple firmware department explain to us how these things work and give us a possible solution.

Cheers,

Louis

sm_dvdplayer.jpg

sm_kernel107.jpg

sm_hdkextloaded.jpg

funny thing, now running what you GhostRaider said in virtualbox, got to 10.6.7 regular update, loaded the vanilla kernel, deleted all graphic kexts rebuild cache and fixed permissions, it's curious because , mac os Leopard lets me take screenshots in virtual box, and here in snow leopard 10.6.7 it just makes the sound.

After editing the apple intel hd kext's Info.plist with 0x00428086 magicly it loads 3 more kext's that unload after a while , odd

AppleIntelMeromProfile.kext

AppleIntelNehalemProfile.kext

AppleIntelPenrynProfile.kext

these get loaded, and then mysteriously unload

As far as I know these kexts are inside the AppleProfileFamily Kext. I don't know whether they relate to Intel HD Graphics though. Someone can try to investigate that?

=======================================================

@ltoozdotcom

Did you make sure that you repaired permissions and kext cache? Did you connect the Ethernet cable before you booted Mac OS X? Did you go to System Preferences>Network and see if it got detected?

As for the screen distortions you can always press F8 or F9 so the wierd lines can go away but of course they'll be back again.

Hi everyone,

I'm trying too get QE too on my Inpspiron 15R (i3 370M), but when I have sucessfully installed I can't get the update to 10.6.7 to work:

every time I update, when it's almost time to reboot, I get a kernel panic and when I reboot manually it will always hang at

ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPPowerManagement) timed out

or

DSMOS has arrived

Some people said this was because of the video kexts, so I removed them when I booted into a shell with -s but even then, after removing these kexts and the kextcaches it will still hang, and I can't get in Mac Os:(

Did someone experience this too, if so how to solve this?

Tomwi

Hi everyone,

I'm trying too get QE too on my Inpspiron 15R (i3 370M), but when I have sucessfully installed I can't get the update to 10.6.7 to work:

every time I update, when it's almost time to reboot, I get a kernel panic and when I reboot manually it will always hang at

ACPI_SMCPlatformPlugin::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPPowerManagement) timed out

or

DSMOS has arrived

Some people said this was because of the video kexts, so I removed them when I booted into a shell with -s but even then, after removing these kexts and the kextcaches it will still hang, and I can't get in Mac Os:(

Did someone experience this too, if so how to solve this?

Tomwi

Hey!

Try boot with -F or -x

well this didn' t work well:( I'm stuck at exactly the same point.

Maybe it' s because the combo update didn't finsish? (It had a kernel panic when the progress bar was round 95%)

Download Nawcom's ModCD and burn it to a disc. Then boot Mac OS X off of that. This should automatically help you boot. From here remove any conflicting kexts from the Extensions Folder

Nawcom's ModCD

@Tomwi

This should be easy to fix. Remove AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext.

I have seen the message about that many times with successful boots. I don't think it is related to the cause of that hang.