Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

I have Intel IGP + nVidia Optimus GT330M, so I tried adding the gMux lines below scope / _sb in my dsdt.

When I try to compile, I get a syntax error:

error: /Users/sjuut/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 527: {

Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected '{' ^

ASL Input: /Users/sjuut/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 11256 lines, 322079 bytes, 207 keywords

which is pretty weird, since there is no { character at line 527.

Can someone add the lines for me? I might have made a copy+paste mistake..

Also, should I have ALL the kexts (including framebuffer, etc) when I try this? because then I need to set up screensharing.

sjuut_dsdt.txt

Hi!

I was thinking...

Do anyone know if the GMUX is hardware, or is it just a ACPI device? I might be totaly wrong, but it would be cool if we could make a FakeSMC-GMUX plugin:)

hi GhostRaider nice good work. itry long time still no kexts loaded.

can you upload your kexts for me ple.

thankyou.

hi GhostRaider nice good work. itry long time still no kexts loaded.

can you upload your kexts for me ple.

thankyou.

Sure. Also you can install them on the regular 10.6.7 update and it should work too.

The ZIP archive below contains all the Intel HD Graphics kexts from the Early MacBook Pro 2011 update:

AppleIntelHDGraphics Kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext (Don't install this) (Will not boot or screen will be black)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin (Don't install this either) (Screen will be messed up)

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver Bundle

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB Kext

AppleIntelSNBVA Bundle

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer Kext

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ll2k3s0u7dy337

thankyou very much.

i am useing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] anyway i will try.

osx lion also no kext loaded.

thankyou very much.

i am useing [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] anyway i will try.

osx lion also no kext loaded.

Your welcome. Just remember that you still won't get native resolution. XmodD is still working on that.

I would also like to point out that if your dual booting Windows and Mac OS X, I recommend installing MacDrive on Windows. It helps a lot. :(

You guys are driving me nuts! I REALLY want to try all these new things to see how well I can get my laptop running but I'm waiting on a replacement keyboard to come in. ;)

I think the Geneva convention outlawed cruel torture like this a few years back. ;)

wrote him/her a mail ... ;) (not kidding) maybe he/she writes back. (I do not believe)

So far i do not have any new (good) news.

We figured out, that gMuX is missing, we emulated it. It is loaded, a part from the Device is missing. I believe it is the one sets by the Nvidia Card. ....

So we need an inspiration about what to do. ...

@GhostRaider

had the same messed screen before under 10.6.3 can not remember how i got it. ll ty your files later ...

Your welcome. Just remember that you still won't get native resolution. XmodD is still working on that.

I would also like to point out that if your dual booting Windows and Mac OS X, I recommend installing MacDrive on Windows. It helps a lot. :(

how to get native resolution. XmodD

i cant install dual booting because my sony laptop bios no ahci..

Strings dumped from GhostRaider's drivers

AppleIntelHDGraphics.txt

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.txt

AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.txt

EDIT:

There is a name in the first file, I believe that he's the developer responsible for these drivers, his email is (beretta at apple dot com). Maybe we should ask him to give us some help :P hahahaha (just kidding)

hi maik how to install this strings

thanks all helps.. i will try later because my laptop sent to repair i am waiting for 3 days.

Hi!

I was thinking...

Do anyone know if the GMUX is hardware, or is it just a ACPI device? I might be totaly wrong, but it would be cool if we could make a FakeSMC-GMUX plugin:)

It is an actual hardware device. The way Apple did this is both the nvidia GPU and integrated intel graphics exist as separate devices with separate framebuffers, the outputs of which go to a video multiplexer chip connected to the display ports. Or so I have read, anyway.

Hey guys, I'm a bit confused about something. Even though I don't have custom resolution on my Laptop, am I running QE/CI? People are saying that if you have a transparent menubar, you have QE/CI. Other people are saying that if the Preview App displays images, you have QE/CI. I do notice that the animations are a bit smoother. Well there are two screenshots below. I haven't tried iLife 11 so I can't test that at the moment.

post-620531-1303856395_thumb.png

As you can see, this is my Laptop with no Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded. The preview app does not work which means no QE/CI. The menubar isn't transparent either.

post-620531-1303856423_thumb.png

This is my Laptop with the Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded. The menubar is transparent and preview app works. Weird isn't it?

So is QE/CI partially loaded or something? Or is it just luck?

Hey guys, I'm a bit confused about something. Even though I don't have custom resolution on my Laptop, am I running QE/CI? People are saying that if you have a transparent menubar, you have QE/CI. Other people are saying that if the Preview App displays images, you have QE/CI. I do notice that the animations are a bit smoother. Well there are two screenshots below. I haven't tried iLife 11 so I can't test that at the moment.

As you can see, this is my Laptop with no Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded. The preview app does not work which means no QE/CI. The menubar isn't transparent either.

This is my Laptop with the Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded. The menubar is transparent and preview app works. Weird isn't it?

No.

Also is it safe to say that native resolution + qe/ci will never be avalible for gma hd 5700 laptops? I don't have anything to contribute but i lurk this thread everyday only to see nothing progressing. And i don't mean that in a rude way, it's just that from what i can tell, all attempts lead to a dead end.

I think you only have CI (core image?) enabled and not QE (quartz extreme?).

Open dashboard, add a widget - if you get a ripple effect - you have both enabled. If you just see the widget bounce, but no ripple water effect, its just CI.

No.

Also is it safe to say that native resolution + qe/ci will never be avalible for gma hd 5700 laptops? I don't have anything to contribute but i lurk this thread everyday only to see nothing progressing. And i don't mean that in a rude way, it's just that from what i can tell, all attempts lead to a dead end.

As of now there hasn't been any solution for us Intel HD graphics users yet. However there hasn't been any solution for the Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics either. If those Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics users do find a way, there there may be a solution for us that we can also try because they use the same kexts as us.

@sjuut

Thank you for clearing things up. The dashboard widget only bounces when placed. Its pretty weird that DVD player app says Quarts Extreme is supported. Go figure :D

post-620531-1303858610_thumb.png

Yup my hackintosh thinks it has Quarts Extreme lol ;)

However there hasn't been any solution for the Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics either.

This is incorrect. The Intel HD Graphics 3000 on my i3-2310m laptop work perfectly with the exception of external VGA. See my other posts in this thread.

As of now there hasn't been any solution for us Intel HD graphics users yet. However there hasn't been any solution for the Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics either. If those Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics users do find a way, there there may be a solution for us that we can also try because they use the same kexts as us.

@sjuut

Thank you for clearing things up. The dashboard widget only bounces when placed. Its pretty weird that DVD player app says Quarts Extreme is supported. Go figure :P

post-620531-1303858610_thumb.png

Yup my hackintosh thinks it has Quarts Extreme lol :huh:

How'd you get that screen to display, Ghost?

This is incorrect. The Intel HD Graphics 3000 on my i3-2310m laptop work perfectly with the exception of external VGA. See my other posts in this thread.

Hey Kyle_C, I didn't know your SNB graphics were working, sorry about that. I think it would be great if you made a tutorial and help other SNB users too. Maybe us Arrandale Intel HD users can learn something from that too? (Well thats if you want to)

...and is it normal that my laptop loads AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext? It appears in Kextstat.

@Pattmyn

You mean that info box with Quartz Extreme? Just open DVD Player, go to Help menu and click on "Show Supported Features".

Really??? Then you are the first!! How about a walkthrough?