Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

As of now there hasn't been any solution for us Intel HD graphics users yet. However there hasn't been any solution for the Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics either. If those Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics users do find a way, there there may be a solution for us that we can also try because they use the same kexts as us.

@sjuut

Thank you for clearing things up. The dashboard widget only bounces when placed. Its pretty weird that DVD player app says Quarts Extreme is supported. Go figure :P

post-620531-1303858610_thumb.png

Yup my hackintosh thinks it has Quarts Extreme lol :huh:

Hi Ghost, can you explain us how do you get the transparency and dvd app support??? Im stuck on the black screen and now i dont know what to do... thnx in advanced!!!!

Really??? Then you are the first!! How about a walkthrough?

It got buried. Post #474. The necessary bootloader file is a few posts before that one, and the patch to the Chameleon source code is on the previous page.

I haven't written a detailed tutorial, because when I have free time for this I have been working on the remaining problems with my laptop like external VGA, getting the sleep to work and so forth. I have been hoping that someone will come along, follow my process and document it step by step.

Hi Ghost, can you explain us how do you get the transparency and dvd app support??? Im stuck on the black screen and now i dont know what to do... thnx in advanced!!!!

I'll probably explain what I did later on when I have time. Right now i'm tweaking my hackintosh and i'm trying to get my damn audio to work. It worked before though. :P

To fix your black screen issue, you need to delete your Intel HD Graphics kexts. Remember you are not suppose to have AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB or AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA loaded.

==========================================================================

UPDATE = I have successfully enabled my audio! B) ...and well not only that but I was playing around in GarageBand (which requires QE/CI) and well it ran fine on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics! :(

...still mad about the 1024x768 resolution. :huh:

OK when i delete IntelHD.kext, i get

1.) black screen

2.) using screen sharing no transparent menu bar

3.) correct detected resolution

Hm we need to edit the IntelHD.kext so it sets the properties for Intel HD 3000 solo GPU but with the correct FB

I'll probably explain what I did later on when I have time. Right now i'm tweaking my hackintosh and i'm trying to get my damn audio to work. It worked before though. :)

To fix your black screen issue, you need to delete your Intel HD Graphics kexts. Remember you are not suppose to have AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB or AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA loaded.

UPDATE = I have successfully enabled my audio! B) ...and well not only that but I was playing around in GarageBand (which requires QE/CI) and well it ran fine on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics! :smoke:

...still mad about the 1024x768 resolution. :D

Ok, I deleted the IntelHDGraphics.kext and IntelHDGraphicsFB.kext and i got the desktop again, even when i try to delete Extensions.mkext but terminal told me that that file doesn't exist, but well its a progress... :D

By the other hand, im on 10.6.6 right now, what should i do? update to 10.6.7 snow leo combo update or jump my laptop identifier to MacBookPro 8.1 (right now on 6.1) and update with the early 2011 macbookpro special update to 10.6.7???

or install the Lion kexts???

thnx for your tips in advanced... ;)

My Laptop Specs (If anyone cares):

Gateway NV5932u

4GB RAM

Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset

Intel Core i5-430M Processor 2.26GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53GHz

Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)

Realtek HD Audio ALC272x (Working)

BD/DVD/CD Drive (Working)

Atheros Wi-Fi (Working out of the Box)

Broadcom Ethernet 57780 (Working)

Alps Touchpad (Working)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (Regular Update) (64-bit)

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7.0 (mach_kernel)

iLife '11

post-620531-1303921950_thumb.png

This is just to prove that this Laptop uses Arrandale Intel HD Graphics.

Enough of that. Now for some more screenshots. :(

post-620531-1303922223_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922241_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922269_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922295_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922329_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922355_thumb.png

There are distortions in iMovie, iWeb and Finder (I believe its because I don't have AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB loaded). Again I'm doing this so you guys don't have to break your hackintosh. I've messed up a lot of times before and it wasn't pretty. But now I got the hang of this so its much easier for me now. ^_^

@XmodD

You are using Arrandale Intel HD Graphics right? And you are using Mac OS X 10.6.7 (Early MacBook Pro) update right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if anyone has noticed, my installation of Mac OS X does not recognize what type of Intel Graphics i'm using even though the Intel HD Graphics Kexts are loaded :P Crazy right?

...and I guess this has caused Mac OS X to think my Intel HD Graphics supports QE/CI lol :D

My Laptop Specs (If anyone cares):

Gateway NV5932u

4GB RAM

Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset

Intel Core i5-430M Processor 2.26GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.53GHz

Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)

Realtek HD Audio ALC272x (Working)

BD/DVD/CD Drive (Working)

Atheros Wi-Fi (Working out of the Box)

Broadcom Ethernet 57780 (Working)

Alps Touchpad (Working)

Windows 7 Ultimate (64-bit)

Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.7 (Regular Update) (64-bit)

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7.0 (mach_kernel)

iLife '11

post-620531-1303921950_thumb.png

This is just to prove that this Laptop uses Arrandale Intel HD Graphics.

Enough of that. Now for some more screenshots. :)

post-620531-1303922223_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922241_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922269_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922295_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922329_thumb.pngpost-620531-1303922355_thumb.png

There are distortions in iMovie, iWeb and Finder (I believe its because I don't have AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB loaded). Again I'm doing this so you guys don't have to break your hackintosh. I've messed up a lot of times before and it wasn't pretty. But now I got the hang of this so its much easier for me now. :(

@XmodD

You are using Arrandale Intel HD Graphics right? And you are using Mac OS X 10.6.7 (Early MacBook Pro) update right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if anyone has noticed, my installation of Mac OS X does not recognize what type of Intel Graphics i'm using even though the Intel HD Graphics Kexts are loaded :P Crazy right?

...and I guess this has caused Mac OS X to think my Intel HD Graphics supports QE/CI lol :thumbsup_anim:

I'll be the first to say it: OMGHOW? :D

Sure. I'm running the 10.6.7 2011 MBP update with the latest nawcom Legacy kernel (since my i3 doesn't seem to be compatible with vanilla 2011 MBP kernels). I also found that I had to revert my System.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext to something compatible with this kernel. My only kernel boot argument is "busratio=21".

I edited my DSDT with some fairly standard modifications (not graphics related as far as I know), but also renamed my GFX0 to IGPU (along with all references to such) to match an ioreg dump that I found for Macbookpro8,1. Then I did the bootloader patch to inject ACPI keys. I guess everything could be done from DSDT, but Chameleon injectors seem to be the way things are going these days.

My kextstat shows that I have both AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB and AppleIntelHDGraphics loaded (but not AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB). When I first got it to work I was running single user and trying kextload on these two kexts manually, and I noticed that they have to be done in the right order. Can't remember what that is now - it's working with a normal boot and without any further changes.

I do get some screen corruption (especially after a warm reboot), but it is pretty minimal. Someone should experiment with the Chameleon patch (which is against the latest svn rev of the valv branch, btw) to see which parts are truly necessary. And maybe that will help with the corruption problem.

The Asus K53E seems to have fairly compatible hardware. I've got everything but sleep and external VGA working. The trackpad is recognized by VoodooPS2 as a mouse only (leaving me no way to disable tap to click), but the stock wifi and even the SD card reader work. There is a somewhat annoying, occasional unresponsiveness that lasts about 1 second, which I suspect is due to the need for a Legacy kernel. Perhaps this could be resolved by changing what parts of the Legacy patchset are used.

edit: oh, sorry, I never actually said the result: native res, res switching and QE/CI are possible on my machine with this bootloader. and yes, this is with sandy bridge.

One more thing. Do you have brightness control? (both with the hardkeys and/or the slider in OSX)

One more thing. Do you have brightness control? (both with the hardkeys and/or the slider in OSX)

The slider doesn't show up but my fn keys work. This is probably very system specific though, depending on how the DSDT is written.

The slider doesn't show up but my fn keys work. This is probably very system specific though, depending on how the DSDT is written.

Do your function keys work in hardware? Meaning they don't bring up the apple "sun" and they also work before OS is loaded? (ie can you adjust brightness while the machine is posting or in the BIOS settings?) Thanks again.

Do your function keys work in hardware? Meaning they don't bring up the apple "sun" and they also work before OS is loaded? (ie can you adjust brightness while the machine is posting or in the BIOS settings?) Thanks again.

That's exactly it. OS X doesn't seem to enter into it.

Hey,

I have Sandy Bridge Update installed. Maybe later i ll try to reinstall the old 10.6.7. And maybe I ll get the same effect. ... So far I do not get tansbar with IntelHD solo loaded ...

I believe, that u have Open GL running; That is, what makes your effects. Do u know which parts in your DSDT are responsible for Brith. Control???

XmodD

ll write more later ...

Alright boys, time for me to toss a big ol wrench into everything.

Tonymacx86 just dropped [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 3.0 which changes from Chameleon to Chimera for the bootloader. These both drop support for all kinds of hardware and changes things to the 10.7.3 kernel for SB support.

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/04/[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-30-update.html

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/04/chi...bootloader.html

yurick can u explain a little bit more?

You run Lion and u get the same result as GhostRider ? which resolution ?

ll try to install Lion later ... How did u ?

resolution could not be done ...QE work!!! ... need good coders. Do not quite understand (I use Google translator), you ask how I found a lion?

No can you tell me how you installed OS X Lion? What Version of Lion do you run?

What did you install?

Какой Mac OS X версии Льва вы установили?

Какие изменения вы сделали?

No can you tell me how you installed OS X Lion? What Version of Lion do you run?

What did you install?

Какой Mac OS X версии Льва вы установили?

Какие изменения вы сделали?

installed on a flash drive 11а419 further upgraded to 11а430e and cut AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext.

Most of that does not do

my Mac OS Lion 11a430 with flash drive

c4e3dc395edc7c022e4376559fa3a31d.jpeg

resolution could not be done ...QE work!!! ... need good coders. Do not quite understand (I use Google translator), you ask how I found a lion?

Okay I know that you guys want an explanation on how I managed to get QE/CI on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics. I will explain soon.

@yurick

So I see that you have Mac OS X Lion installed lol. This is good news for us because we will have QE/CI when we upgrade to Mac OS X Lion. :D

I also see that your Intel HD Graphics does not get recognized either which makes Mac OS X think that it does support QE/CI lol :)

Like what you said we need an expert to help us to get Native Resolution. At least we have the QE/CI part working which will allow us to enjoy iLife 11 ;) .

I have a big feeling that the problem is AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin :)

Okay I know that you guys want an explanation on how I managed to get QE/CI on my Arrandale Intel HD Graphics. I will explain soon.

@yurick

So I see that you have Mac OS X Lion installed lol. This is good news for us because we will have QE/CI when we upgrade to Mac OS X Lion. :D

I also see that your Intel HD Graphics does not get recognized either which makes Mac OS X think that it does support QE/CI lol :smoke:

Like what you said we need an expert to help us to get Native Resolution. At least we have the QE/CI part working which will allow us to enjoy iLife 11 :) .

I have a big feeling that the problem is AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB Kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA Plugin :rolleyes:

Perhaps there is a way to get the SNB framebuffer kext working with our Arrandale setups? Considering SNB supports intel-only (13" 2011 macbook) setups? Just food for thought.

:)Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Report

This discovery is interesting. It involves using iLife '11 without any kexts loaded.

post-620531-1304023178_thumb.pngpost-620531-1304023255_thumb.png

Well it seems that GarageBand and iDVD don't need QE/CI to run.

post-620531-1304023465_thumb.pngpost-620531-1304023493_thumb.png

iPhoto opens normally and it shows the pictures in your library. You cannot view the picture if you click on it.

post-620531-1304023635_thumb.png

iWeb will run but will not let you view templates.

post-620531-1304023720_thumb.png

Don't even bother opening DVD Player without any kexts loaded.

post-620531-1304024658_thumb.png

This is my favorite screenshot. This proves that the Intel HD Graphics kexts does give you Quartz Extreme. See previous page to see iMovie loaded with the Intel HD Graphics.

iLife '11 Requirements:

GarageBand: None

iDVD: None

iPhoto: Core Image is required

iWeb: Core Image is required

iMovie: Quartz Extreme is required

Preview App: Core Image is required

DVD Player App: Quartz Extreme is required

So without any Intel HD Graphics kexts loaded, you can't really enjoy iLife '11. In my case however my Intel HD Graphics gives me both Quartz Extreme and Core Image. :( Explanation coming soon...