Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

Yes, but which kext did you use it with? I have always contended that the only hope for Clarkdale/Arrandale is to use AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext. Let me put it this way: the (hardware) difference between regular HD Graphics and HD Graphics 3000 is much less than the (software) difference between a hybrid GPU driver and a fully integrated GPU driver. Put that in your translator and smoke it! :P

Io sto facendo molti tentativi, ogni giorno per far funzionare questa maledetta intel hd 5700 che è quella in mio possesso, quindi posso fare test solo su questa, perchè non dispongo di altre intel hd. i kext che ho utilizzato e modificato con il mio id device, sono quelli che si vedono nell'immagine allegata di cui sotto, ed effettivamente la scheda viene riconosciuta, solo che per qualche strano motivo, si vede tutto male come ho mostrato nel video allegato a pagina 36, ma si nota molto bene che quando apro un gadget l'effetto dell'acqua c'è e quello si ottiene solo se si ha qe/ci attivi e funzionanti.

Quindi la scheda funziona, ma per qualche altro motivo si vede male lo schermo. Ora se riusciamo a scoprire il perchè lo schermo si vede cosi male (video pagina 36) e magari riusciamo a sistemarlo, forse abbiamo risolto. Secondo me si può anche cambiare risoluzione, solo che non riesco a vedere perchè l'operazione è più complicata rispetto a quella di aprire un gadget. Infatti come si vede dal video, non si riesce a vedere davvero nulla.

---------------------------------------------------------------- Traduzione GOOGLE ----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm doing a lot of attempts every day to get this damn intel hd 5700 which is in my possession, so I can only do this test, because they have no other intel hd. I used the kext and edited with my device id, are the ones you see in the picture attached below, and indeed the card is recognized, except that for some strange reason, he sees everything bad as I have shown in the accompanying video on page 36, but note well that when I open a gadget is the effect of water and that can only be achieved if you have qe/ci and running.

So the card works, but for some other reason you see the screen wrong. Now if we can find out why the screen is seen as bad (video page 36) and maybe we can fix it, we may have resolved. In my opinion, you can also change the resolution, only that I can not see why the operation is more complicated than opening a gadget. In fact as we see from the video, you can not really see anything.

sorry for my English but I use google translator who is a half duffer :)

post-689548-1304694339_thumb.jpg

Anyone here can tell me what "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" does?

If so, what will happen if I delete it and repair caches and permissions, and then reboot?

Thanks in advance :)

ll have no effect ...

So the problem is the FB. The IntelHDGraphicsFB does not contain any information about QE / etc.

These information are stored in AppleIntelHDGraphics. So I think, that we have to write our own FB.

What I am thinking about is how the guys from ATI HD did. They are using an openSource FB they ported from Linux to BSD. These allows them to enable full resolution etc. QE / etc. comes from an Apple ATI driver. So the FB only sets the display properties.

The AppleIntelHDFB is closed source and in my mind there is also no way to get it under work. Sad but true.

But the Linux FB is OpenSource GPL, and it is not the driver part we need to enable correct picture. No, that does the IntelHD.kext. We only need the part from the Linux Driver, that reads the EDID, sets the properties ect.

So who is interested in joining / helping me. I am a Web Developer and I only know the basics in C (++). So is there someone around, that may want to help me?

XmodD

ll have no effect ...

So the problem is the FB. The IntelHDGraphicsFB does not contain any information about QE / etc.

These information are stored in AppleIntelHDGraphics. So I think, that we have to write our own FB.

Thanks for your reply XmodD :)

Btw, I tested the new AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext from the iMac 2011 Update.

After I followed GhostRaider's guide, I only got distortions when I launch Keynote '09. (I didn't test any other programs, don't misunderstand me :P )

And now I have just installed the new kexts. I got distortions whenever I switch between any Finders windows.

In short, distortions came out MORE OFTEN, under my SUBJECTIVE observations.

(I am using ThinkPad X201, with only Intel HD Graphics on it.)

XmodD

Certainly the idea to write your driver is good, but I think you should pay attention to the driver of the beta version of a lion (11A444d) they are already different from 10.6.7. And it seems to me to be 1:1 with 10.6.8

kexts 11a444d

intelHD.zip

XmodD

Certainly the idea to write your driver is good, but I think you should pay attention to the driver of the beta version of a lion (11A444d) they are already different from 10.6.7. And it seems to me to be 1:1 with 10.6.8

kexts 11a444d

Ma questi driver sono modificati, oppure sono gli originali dell'ultimo aggiornamento 2011 di apple?

But these drivers are changed, or are the original 2011 Apple's latest update?

ll have no effect ...

What I am thinking about is how the guys from ATI HD did. They are using an openSource FB they ported from Linux to BSD. These allows them to enable full resolution etc. QE / etc. comes from an Apple ATI driver. So the FB only sets the display properties.

The AppleIntelHDFB is closed source and in my mind there is also no way to get it under work. Sad but true.

But the Linux FB is OpenSource GPL, and it is not the driver part we need to enable correct picture. No, that does the IntelHD.kext. We only need the part from the Linux Driver, that reads the EDID, sets the properties ect.

So who is interested in joining / helping me. I am a Web Developer and I only know the basics in C (++). So is there someone around, that may want to help me?

XmodD

Well maybe I can help(I'm an homebrewer)? I know C too (Self taught) :moil:

Well I first need to install os x ágain, but in virtualbox now :( that's a bit saver. After I've done so I'll take a closer look

Se lo devi installare per fare le prove con i kext per far funzionare la intel hd 5700, ti conviene fare un installazione normale su hard disk e, non installarlo in virtualbox, che li i driver funzionano in modo diverso.

-----------------------------------------------------------------TRADUZIONE GOOGLE-----------------------------------------------------------------

If you have to install to make the tests with the kext to run the intel hd 5700, you may wish to make a normal installation on hard disk and do not install it in virtualbox, the drivers that will work differently.

Well just to let you know: today I started disassembling the framebuffer kext. I already found a function which checks for a valid EDID header ;) (not very useful though).

Problem is that I still don't have a clear picture of what I should search for (what makes this fb kext to not load? does it gives some error messages in the kernel log? ) ;)

Tom

Well just to let you know: today I started disassembling the framebuffer kext. I already found a function which checks for a valid EDID header :D (not very useful though).

Problem is that I still don't have a clear picture of what I should search for (what makes this fb kext to not load? does it gives some error messages in the kernel log? ) ;)

Tom

Great work Tom ;):lol:

If I knew programming, I would really like to help.

At least we have a start!!!

Well just to let you know: today I started disassembling the framebuffer kext. I already found a function which checks for a valid EDID header ;) (not very useful though).

Problem is that I still don't have a clear picture of what I should search for (what makes this fb kext to not load? does it gives some error messages in the kernel log? ) :lol:

Tom

I still don't know how people manage to load AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext. If I were to install this kext and reboot, it hangs. If I boot in verbose mode, there are no error messages and the screen never turns black. The funny part is, it lets me type in verbose mode instead. Weird ;)

@Tom

Do you mind if you take a look at IOGraphicsFamily Kext? There might be things related to Intel HD Graphics there.

Well no problem :D I like to learn some more x86 asm, so investigating a bit more code is not bad. Actually I was searching for a function like enableController, as listed on this page, but although there's a string which exactly has this characters (looked up the string table), there doesn't seem to be an actual function enableDevice in the IntelHD framebuffer kext.

(interesting link)

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#do...ffer/index.html

well there seem to be function which have names close to the names as listed on that page, but their names look a bit awkward:

__ZN21AppleIntelFramebuffer12getVRAMRangeEv

Well I hope I can find a function which prevents our using the framebuffer kext, but I don't think I'll get it this way (the disassembled code is really huge + x86 assembler is hard to understand for me)

oh btw, can you access the kernel log, after your not so succesfull reboot? there may be some messages left by this kext (I saw some c strings, which obiously where printing error information (the programmer, obiously loved to print hexadecimal as I saw %x quite a lot)

edit: I still need to investigate how this objective C classes works... as for now I can't see how the callbacks are linked into to the IOGraphics kext ;)

I still don't know how people manage to load AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext. If I were to install this kext and reboot, it hangs. If I boot in verbose mode, there are no error messages and the screen never turns black. The funny part is, it lets me type in verbose mode instead. Weird :huh:

@Tom

Do you mind if you take a look at IOGraphicsFamily Kext? There might be things related to Intel HD Graphics there.

@ghostraider,

when u load the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, as we know that it would end up in a black screen with screen sharing enabled.. So u cant boot in verbose mode, if u let it boot automatically, u will obtain a black screen after the apple logo.. If u press the volume up and down button u will hear the sound..

Well just to let you know: today I started disassembling the framebuffer kext. I already found a function which checks for a valid EDID header :D (not very useful though).

Tom

E' un inizio, man mano che studi il kext e vedi come fa funzionare la scheda grafica, capisci la sua struttura e sarai in grado (speriamo bene) di farlo funzionare. Credo proprio che se tu riesci a far funzionare al 100% la intel HD 5700 (ma anche le altre schede intelHD) riceverai tante donazioni come riconoscimento del tuo talento/lavoro. La prima donazione sarà la mia garantito.

In bocca al lupo

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- GOOGLE Traduzione --------------------------------------------------------------------------

It 'a beginning, as it studies the kext and see how it runs the graphics card, you understand its structure and be able (hopefully good) to make it work. I believe that if you manage to run at 100% the intel HD 5700 (but also other cards intelHD) you will receive many gifts in recognition of your talent and work. The first donation will be my guarantee.

Good luck

I still don't know how people manage to load AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext. If I were to install this kext and reboot, it hangs. If I boot in verbose mode, there are no error messages and the screen never turns black. The funny part is, it lets me type in verbose mode instead. Weird :huh:

@Tom

se metti gli id giusti viene caricato l'FB, ma lo schermo si vede male come ho mostrato io nel video a pagina 36 che ho allegato come dimostrazione.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Traduzione GOOGLE --------------------------------------------------

if you put the id is just loaded the FB, but the screen is seen as bad as I've shown in the video on page 36 that I have attached as a demonstration.

@ghostraider,

when u load the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, as we know that it would end up in a black screen with screen sharing enabled.. So u cant boot in verbose mode, if u let it boot automatically, u will obtain a black screen after the apple logo.. If u press the volume up and down button u will hear the sound..

I do not get the same results. I installed the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext again and rebooted. The Apple Logo showed the spinning wheel but after 30-40 seconds, it freezes. The Apple logo just stays there frozen. No audio, no screensharing, no black screen, no kernel panic.

If I boot in verbose mode, everything gets loaded, but I never reach the desktop. Its frozen. No audio, no screensharing, no black screen, no kernel panic.

When I removed AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, I saw the desktop again. Its pretty obvious that AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext is looking for a dedicated graphics card but since my hackintosh doesn't have that, the kext doesn't know what to do and causes it to freeze.

The weird thing is that I never get this black screen after the Apple Logo. Very strange. :huh:

===========================================================

Maybe my Gateway NV5932u came with a custom Mobile Intel HM55 Express Chipset? That could explain why Mac OS X can't recognize my Intel HD Graphics?

I'm also wondering if my Gateway NV5932u also has a dedicated graphics slot. I think it does but probably it was an optional component.

I do not get the same results. I installed the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext again and rebooted. The Apple Logo showed the spinning wheel but after 30-40 seconds, it freezes. The Apple logo just stays there frozen. No audio, no screensharing, no black screen, no kernel panic.

If I boot in verbose mode, everything gets loaded, but I never reach the desktop. Its frozen. No audio, no screensharing, no black screen, no kernel panic.

When I removed AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, I saw the desktop again. Its pretty obvious that AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext is looking for a dedicated graphics card but since my hackintosh doesn't have that, the kext doesn't know what to do and causes it to freeze.

Yeah, i got the same result with you.

Without AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, I got partial QE/CL, but distortions in firefox4.0.1,keynote and so on. and the system crashes ofen

With AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext, it freezes when start

thanks very much for you guys‘ great work

Well when you have booted up with the fb kext installed, and it hangs, can you give the kernel log (nicest would be to have the part of the failed boot) of the boot after you've removed the fb kext again? (for example type in terminal: vi /var/log/kernel.log)

There may be some error messages of the kext there, and they can give us some more info about what exactly is going wrong.

Tom

edit: Well I've made a triple boot now, so I guess it's safe enough now if Mac Os crashes ;) I'm gonna try to find out what the problem is soon, after I fixed speedstep (this laptop will get very hot if speedstep doesn't work)

Well when you have booted up with the fb kext installed, and it hangs, can you give the kernel log (nicest would be to have the part of the failed boot) of the boot after you've removed the fb kext again? (for example type in terminal: vi /var/log/kernel.log)

There may be some error messages of the kext there, and they can give us some more info about what exactly is going wrong.

Tom

edit: Well I've made a triple boot now, so I guess it's safe enough now if Mac Os crashes :( I'm gonna try to find out what the problem is soon, after I fixed speedstep (this laptop will get very hot if speedstep doesn't work)

OSX: 10.6.7 with Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 (updated from 10.6.3 using 10.6.7 update combo )

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]-3.5.2, using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] without dsdt.aml

system works fine, except without sleep support and video driver.

/Extra directory tree

|____com.apple.Boot.plist
|____Extensions
| |____ACPIMonitor.kext
| |____AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
| |____AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
| |____ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
| |____FakeSMC.kext
| |____IntelThermal.kext
| |____IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext
| |____IONetworkingFamily.kext
| |____JMicron36xATA.kext
| |____JMicron36xeSATA.kext
| |____JMicron36xSATA.kext
| |____LegacyAtheros.kext
| |____NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
| |____VoodooSDHC.kext
|____Extensions.mkext
|____smbios.plist

boot success without AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext: kernel-success.log

boot failed with AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext: kernel-failed.log

the log has a lot info about voodoohda, forget it. because i'm using voodooHDA3, it works better than voodooHDA 2.7.2, but i have no idea why there is so many warning in the log

wish it will help, good luck

kernel_success.txt

kernel_fail.txt

hmmprph... I can't see anything related to the intel fb kext :) I guess I'll investigate the kext more now I have os x running natively

sorry for that, I really hope you can make it work

without video support, i have to use ubuntu instead :)