The InsanelyMac transition is here!

Swad

13 posts in this topic

It’s here! The time to transition the forum to InsanelyMac has come! For those who don’t know we decided a few months ago that in order to best prepare for the future - and make both areas the best they could be - osx86project.org would become solely dedicated to running OSx86 while the forum and news would be moving to their own site.

That site is InsanelyMac and it’s here! We’re going to give everyone a week to adjust their bookmarks and get used to everything, but in the meantime you can do some beta testing for us!

The beta of our new skin is available for all our members to check out - just check the drop down box in the bottom left hand corner of your screen and select the [bETA] skin. We’d love to have your comments and thoughts about it, so be sure to let us know here. We’ll be tweaking it and updating it through the week.

Also, the blogs are up and running! To see them, go back to that same drop box and select the “Invision” skin and click on the blogs link at the top. You can edit your own blog in your control panel. The Insanely Mac skin doesn’t work with the blog at the moment, but that problem will be fixed soon. (There’s also a sql error that happens from time to time on the blogs... but we’re pretty sure that’s the software’s fault, not ours. We’re working on it).

So, start updating your bookmarks and getting ready for some of the best improvements this forum has seen. Thanks!

[P.S. We've gotten a lot of great response from our call for members of our News Team. If you'd like to join, you're always welcome! Check out this thread to see requirements and how to apply.]

Forum domain switched.

This will result in your cookie being invalid so you'll have to login again.

EDIT: Fixed problem with board not letting you stay logged in.

Just a note.

When you look at a blog, it resets your skin to the default one, and then it seems it makes the main forum revert when you go back. (for those on the Insanely Mac skin)

the quicksearch bar and button are floating over the ad banner making it hard to see (looking at it in firefox)

Odd, doesn't do it to me (in FF 1.5.0.4 under Windows XP, with Adblock disabled on this site). Looking at a simple Adsense add here tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ehy guys...

Can you reintroduce as optional skin the old "Rhapsody Modern" skin? :D

I liked it very much and I'm not very happy of the new forum skin, so I use the standard Invision style... Ok, maybe it's a bad idea, but does it cost you much to reintroduce as optional skin the old "Rhapsody Modern" skin? :police:

Sherry Haibara

Sherry-

We might. The new skin is better in almost every way possible, but I understand how someone might not care for it as much... especially when you've used the other for so long. You might give it a try - I bet it'll grow on you.

The problem is that the Rhapsody skin was totally customized for osx86project.org, so it would be quite difficult to adapt to the new site (with a new wrapper, links, etc). That's a lot of work and it's time that would be taken away from other, more important projects.

While I understand your concern, for the time being we'll have to leave that skin unused. Thanks.

Oh, sorry :D

I haven't idea that you need to rewrite the rhapsody skin. The most important thing I noticed is that the mainpage is like the rhapsody modern skin, and the forum is in a totally different skin (especially from the point of view of colors). It isn't a good thing, but I suppose that with time I can adapt me to the totally new skin. :)

Sherry Haibara