Final Cut Pro 5.0 - installed and working.

geewiZZ

123 posts in this topic

well I tried 4.5HD and it worked on my laptop (Pentium M SSE2, nvidia 5200go)

but not on my home comp (P4 Prescott 2.8, radeon9500)

it just crashed before anything... I tried for hours looking and testing to see if things worked with no luck.

Then i made a last ditch effort and got FCP 5.0, which worked no problems after removing the installation check...

go figure. Thanks for the tip too!

• 2 weeks later...
yeah... mine crash with the firewire as well...

Got FCP on mine working as well, Ver 5.0. A few things here and there wouldn't install, but most did. And of course Firewire is a no-go, which means it doesn't work. Everything else does though. I'm having fun. :) But I wish I could capture. What good is a system that can't capture. Has anyone tried Imovie? Curious if that crashes too... probley does, but just wondering. I have ver 10.4.3, and it wasn't fixed yet....

:?

Read above.. It was said the firewire is an issue with the current release of Tiger, not the Final Cut itself.

Now, there is a chance it may work. My dvd drive and my firewire drive both work on my osx86, so there is some compatibility. I believe it's inside the FCP and Tiger programing at the moment. Somewhere in the communication between the two, it seems to breakdown and lockup. Which one is it? I'll leave that one to a number cruncher :D I'll be trying it later though...

In regards to FInal Cut 5 and 10.4.3 (with the Maxxuss patch) , all I did to get this to run was to mount my dmg file, run the installer, no mods, then when installed, right click on Final Cut icon, show contents, inside content folder, open Info.plist and edit out the lines regarding RAM type (512) and processor (G4), save file (backing it up just in case) and starting the app, which runs smoothly btw

In regards to FInal Cut 5 and 10.4.3 (with the Maxxuss patch) , all I did to get this to run was to mount my dmg file, run the installer, no mods, then when installed, right click on Final Cut icon, show contents, inside content folder, open Info.plist and edit out the lines regarding RAM type (512) and processor (G4), save file (backing it up just in case) and starting the app, which runs smoothly btw

Thanx 4 the tip.Got it up n running now.Firewire works too,capturing smoothly for 2 hrs DV format.

wait, Flasher say again?

you have fcp5 running at 100% and have the ablity to capture with firewire with no problems?

can anyone else confirm this?!

That is confirmed.It works even on an unsuported video card(mine is a X800GT,w out QE and CI) and a cheap 12 SGD firewire 400 card..

Im running naitive 10.4.3 w SSE3

My result was disappoiting.

I couldn't get the installation process to work smoothly at all. I removed all InstallationCheck and VolumeCheck. Edited the script and modifed the CheckSystemVersion and still couldn't get it to install.

I then decided to look at the script closer and decided to just install the package individually. I succeeded in doing that. Got every packaged installed. All other programs ran except FCP. I got an unexpected termination error when trying to run FCP. Got to the point where it's about to display the menu and bombed out. If anyone has some ideas on how to correct this problem, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hey Jokinama..

I cant seem to write to that file is there any way to unlock it?

I cant delete Volume check or instalklation check fro the packages either

Thanks!

You have to move the INSTALLER folder to somewhere besides the CD IMAGE / CD then you should be able to write to the files.

dont know...

but if its any indication, iMovie Firewire import DOES work now.

it seemingly fails.

but when you first click import you HEAR only the audio being captured...for 5 seconds.

if, in this 5 seconds, you click the Import button, it will actually import.

so good sign...so maybe Final Cut too..

(pls someone let me know if iDVD ever works)

I couldn't install using the main file even after deleting all the files as suggested and editing the script, so I followed the method of installing every package seperately. It worked. I install every single but one, and FCP loaded. Now is the time to get some test footage from the back up DVDs :D.

Hi jokinawa..

I still cant change anything..I DL'ed FCP as a DMG file and moved it to

the OS X86 "Mac" and then open the DMG file and still cant edit ity...Ive tried moving it but still no go..I did this on an earlier version of the OS X86

and had no problems..cant figure it out...

I finally got FCP 5.0 to install and run!

Thanks for the tips Jokinawa!

I had to move all packages to a new folder and then install

each package individually....once moved I could trash all the Volume and installation checks allowing me to install. Im capturing from my DVCAM

as I type!

Now I gotta get DVD Studio Pro 4 up and running.

I can install but cant seem to get it running. Trie do edit the info.plst file

and still no go...

Thanks to all for the comments Ive read here..really helped alot!