Final Cut Pro 5.0 - installed and working.

geewiZZ

123 posts in this topic

Ok, I have an ADS firewire card that I picked up from Frys. It says PC/Mac compatible, so I figured that was a good sign, as for the chipset nomeclature, I don't know.

Yup, running native... Sse3 Machine, and you have the sequence right. The way they have the builds setup and the kexts, they really aren'y meant to be upgraded for now. With all the new builds coming out left and right, it's easier to simply have a build re-installed rather than upgraded. If you were to spend all that time doing the upgrade patch, the next version will cmoe out and poof, all that time gone :)

The patches are actually PPF files. They can be patched from either Osx or Windows, but the conversion to ISO is exe... so you would need to have some sort of dmg-> iso for mac. I'm sure there is a way to do that.

Also: For everyone who gets FCP running.... you may want to disable the full res scrubbing option. It really isn't needed. It runs much better without it.

Any more questions, shoot them my way! I'm a quick responder... sorta :)

as far as converting dmg to iso

in osx terminal, just use hdiutil

hdiutil convert /path/to/filename.dmg -format UDTO -o /path/to/savefile.iso

change "/path/to/filename.dmg" to wherever your dmg file is and "/path/to/savefile.iso" to wherever you want your iso to be.

later

hi

i read the forum ( maybe too)

and i can't have finall cut 5 working

i can install fcp5 with the installcheck deleted

but i have

message about a device dv/firewire not find

if i continue, it crash

could you help me it for my girlfriend for working at home!!!

thank's a lot if i could have it to work! what are the problem?

- french install ?

- wrong choise when i install ?

- my proc ( sse2 only) ?

- my firewire ?

- my video card ?

make a lot of thing to test !! and to buy if it's necessary

this is my spec:

mac osx 86 10.4.3 8f1111g dvd install by jass v4.2 md5 verif ( install as french version!!!!! )

asus p4c800 deluxe

(ethernet: not working),

firewire ( unabble to do it work),

p4 northwood (sse2) @3.4ghz hypertreading on

2go ram

pionnier 109

n vidia fx5600 (see as pci can't do it see as agp even if i do that):

1) go to windows! look for pci to agp bridge like here

2) on pic my Vendor: 8086 and my Device ID: 2579 ( this is my real id)

2a) restart in osx

3) copy AppleI386PCI.kext to your desktop

4) right click on applei386pci.kext and choose "Show package contents"

5) doubleclick on Contents to see info.plist

6) right click on info.plist and choose "Open with....Text Editor"

7) you must edit here your vendor/device like here

8) save/quit(x)

9) copy edited applei386pci.kext to System/Library/Extensions/

9a) Authenticate.

10)open Terminal (Applications/Utilities)

type/copy:

(must press Enter after every line)

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext/

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleI386PCI.kext/

kextcache -k /System/Library/Extensions

exit

11)close Terminal

restart

I got Final Cut Pro HD 4.5 installed on my 10.4.3 with Wensley's Patch (that's all I could find, couldn't find an unpatched one)

I editted the info plist to get rid of the CPU check and Video Card check and it launches, asks me to register etc, loads all the things during the splash screen, then just quits.

Grrrrr So mad, everything was running fast and quickly up to this point.

I can run iTunes and Safari etc, but not apps similar to final cut like Soundtrack.

Think I should try another patch? I need to start looking.

Most likely this is due to a graphics card no having full compatibility. I tried it with a PCI-E card and it did the same thing; switched back to internal VGA built into the 945 motherboard, and it worked fine. That may be the problem....

well, i think i have tried every option for installing fcp 5.0 that was mentioned in this thread, but alas, nothing.

first i tried installing straight from the install disc. fcp loads, then when it gets to the point where it says no dv devices detected check again or continue, i hit continue and the program simply disappears. when i have my dv camera plugged in via firewire, it gets past the dv device check, it loads something else really quick (i think it has to do with the scatch discs) then again disappears.

next i tried deleting the install check file, but the exact same thing happens.

then i tried deleting the line "<installation-check script="installationCheck()"/>" from the Distrobution.dist file and installing from there, but again, the same problem.

i am running 10.4.3 build 8f1111 with the JaS 8f1111a patch

system specs:

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 630 HT

Intel 915gevlk motherboard

GMA900 Graphics - Quartz is working

any ideas?

thanks

Ok now this one sounds different, you have the Quartz working, so it should go past the point that it is going. First things first, I noticed you have HT listed. Disable that first, it really doesn't help and it also causes a few glitches. It also could be a minor setting in bios as well, but not sure. Try the HT first though...

hi

i read the forum ( maybe too)

and i can't have finall cut 5 working

i can install fcp5 with the installcheck deleted

but i have

message about a device dv/firewire not find

if i continue, it crash

could you help me it for my girlfriend for working at home!!!

thank's a lot if i could have it to work! what are the problem?

- french install ?

- wrong choise when i install ?

- my proc ( sse2 only) ?

- my firewire ?

- my video card ?

make a lot of thing to test !! and to buy if it's necessary

this is my spec:

mac osx 86 10.4.3 8f1111g dvd install by jass v4.2 md5 verif ( install as french version!!!!! )

Well I can tell you TWO main problems (anyone can correct me if I am mistaken)

Sse2 & Your Video Card

You need to have Quartz.... almost no way around that, (Unless you have version 10.4.1) 10.4.3 8f1111g requires it.

Sse2... I have not seen work with FCP 5.0 work on it yet.

Sorry for the bad news, but FCP is really a pain to get to work right, and hardware is a must for it.

On a lighter note I continue to test with FCP 5 and have been successful in doing a complete edit with a full Hour and a half video. It is really intense editing with many many cuts, but seems to work great. Whenever I have to output a video I have to say rerender all frames on the quicktime output. It takes a while, but it works great. From there I copied that file over to my PC and burned it onto a disk. It takes a while the whole process, especially being that long of video, but it REAAAllly looks beautiful! I am a big stickler on quality and it is great!

Also as a side note, I installed Maxxuss's tunning patch 1.1, and it funks up my system. Ihave to boot in safe mode and then restart in normal mode in order to do anything in non safe mode... every time. And I can't uninstall it because it didn't back up my coregraphics file! Booooo :) Oh well, he'll fix it.

I have finaly maged to get FCP 4.5 working. Previously I had the same problems as most but managed to instal after deleting the instalation checks.

The next problem was getting is to run. I got an AGP Card error.

I manage to get around this by deleting the following from the Info.plist

<key>AELRequiredIOPCIDevice</key>

<string>AGP</string>

I haven't checked out the firewire connection but I'll post more when I've tested it

ok, i got it....kind of.

i copied the contents of the dvd to my desktop, deleted all the intallcheck files, then installed.

i then opened the info.plist file in final cut, and compressor and deleted the lines about CPU and memory. next i changed the line:

<string>AGP</string>

to

<string>PCI</string>

everything worked, i could import, export, capture, edit, etc.

then, about two restarts later, fcp loads, then at the point of fcp found no digital video device check again or continue, i click on one and fcp just disappears.

any ideas?

thanks

edit: well, i don't know what i did, but everything seems to be working again horaayy!!!!

Ok now this one sounds different, you have the Quartz working, so it should go past the point that it is going. First things first, I noticed you have HT listed. Disable that first, it really doesn't help and it also causes a few glitches. It also could be a minor setting in bios as well, but not sure. Try the HT first though...

Well I can tell you TWO main problems (anyone can correct me if I am mistaken)

Sse2 & Your Video Card

You need to have Quartz.... almost no way around that, (Unless you have version 10.4.1) 10.4.3 8f1111g requires it.

Sse2... I have not seen work with FCP 5.0 work on it yet.

So... if I have Quartz working, do I need a SSE3 CPU to run it?

So... if I have Quartz working, do I need a SSE3 CPU to run it?

Most likely due to the EXTREME amount of info that goes through the CPU in order to work.

ALSO:::: As a note to everyone, DO NOT USE PACIFIST TO LOAD MISC Apps! I have done that and my firewire connection will NEVER be the same again. It's all funky for capture now and everything. The only way (AND I know this is weird) is to swap the card out with another firewire card and go back and forth between the two nearly every time. I'm sick of it, but before I go and reload the entire system I would MUCH rather wait till the newer version are available. If NOT I can always just reload the thing, it doesn't take that long, but OH, my customizations! All those default icons changed! Booo!

The tests continue and everything works ok, but I will tell you, DO NOT DISCONNECT A LACIE DRIVE MANUALLY. I funked it up and had to like rebuild the drive using a disk utility. Oh well at least it worked!

10.4.4 Where are you?

does somebody have a valid fcp5 valid serial?

i managed to have a great mac osX to work on my pc all native and even fcp 5 but i would like to upgrade and

i can't

i expect also the update for universal binaries in march if some one could post the updates it would be great

thank

ps: the 10.4.5 intel is released ( need 10.4.4 but i hope with maxus patch)

you know.... you cant come on this forum and ask for FCP5 serials...

since this forum doesnt condone piracy... <_<

Just as an update for one of the leading FCP testers... I have tested it on 10.4.4 and it works great. You can install it now without removing any type of checking stuff, so it works natively in other words. No new realy features I can tell, but you never know what will turn up. The only thing I am waiting for is for PCI-E to actually work so I can test motion maybe? Just a thought. Right now I have the intel integrated graphics and it works great on medium resolution for preview. Final render takes a while, but I am working on a 1.6 hour feature, so one would guess that it would for final ouput with re-rendered frames. :happymac: I'll keep testing and give you more updates as they come up.

Hello, my system is running perfect: OSX86 10.4.3 DVD INSTALL PATH, hardware:

intel P4 HT 3.0 SSE3

D865PERL, LAN OK, SOUND OK. but i can run final cut pro. When i run aplicantion after the fireware check program close!

My video card is a NVIDIA MX4000 that dont support QE CI... well... i want test a new video card so resolve the problem becouse i see in the forum that needs QE to run FCP.

What video card i buy to run finalcut and QE etc... ?

RADEON 9600 PRO?

X800 ?

OTHERS???

NEED HELP!!

Hello, my system is running perfect: OSX86 10.4.3 DVD INSTALL PATH, hardware:

intel P4 HT 3.0 SSE3

D865PERL, LAN OK, SOUND OK. but i can run final cut pro. When i run aplicantion after the fireware check program close!

My video card is a NVIDIA MX4000 that dont support QE CI... well... i want test a new video card so resolve the problem becouse i see in the forum that needs QE to run FCP.

What video card i buy to run finalcut and QE etc... ?

RADEON 9600 PRO?

X800 ?

OTHERS???

NEED HELP!!

Like I said in the PM, in order to run FCP you HAVE TO HAVE QE and CI working. So you need to get a compatible card. I am testing a pci-e one now.. keep ya posted.

Hello, i installed FCP 5 separatley , and when it launches up it gives me this error, but i do have 512 Mb DDR so what's the problem an how can i pass it ?

(i went over the register screen and after that it gave me this error)

I cannot add any files, dunnno why, anyway, it gives me an error that i don't have 512 Mb ram ...

Everything on my system got recognised and working well ... Intel GMA900, ICH6, etc ... on a CeleronD + sse3 @ 2.50 Ghz

I got Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD installed and running well. I also got the installer dvd of Apple Logic Pro 7 installed and running well(includes Apple and Garageband loops).Attached are screenshots. Ciao Tutti

You have logic pro running WITHOUT a dongle???

How

L

You have logic pro running WITHOUT a dongle???

How

L

Many people have cracks for such things... but we won't condone or discuss such things on here... Besides he posted a LONG time ago. A lot has happened since then...

Hello, i installed FCP 5 separatley , and when it launches up it gives me this error, but i do have 512 Mb DDR so what's the problem an how can i pass it ?

(i went over the register screen and after that it gave me this error)

I cannot add any files, dunnno why, anyway, it gives me an error that i don't have 512 Mb ram ...

Everything on my system got recognised and working well ... Intel GMA900, ICH6, etc ... on a CeleronD + sse3 @ 2.50 Ghz

What version of OS? And Integrated graphics I'm asuming??? What kind of MB?

-------------------

Late night Addition:

Final Cut Pro 5.0.4 update enhances the performance on FCP to the 10th degree. I can play clips at Dynamic res now with no problems, along with scrubbing in real time. That is addition to a new x1800 Saphire graphics card PCI-E. I can work with all kinds of new software like motion as well. It's much stronger now!!!

It's a ASROCK p4Dual 915GL ... yes, a intel GMA900 on a 10.4.1 ...

I'm gonna get 10.4.4 soon i hope ....

I think i've found out why it gives me this error , because it's an on board card, it takes some RAM from my system

In XP, it shows that i have 504 Mb but in About this Mac, it says 512 Mb ...

Maybe this is the problem ?

I'll borrow some ram from a friend and see if this solves out ... ?

Does this method also work on the legit Intel Macs?

What method?

It's a ASROCK p4Dual 915GL ... yes, a intel GMA900 on a 10.4.1 ...

I'm gonna get 10.4.4 soon i hope ....

I think i've found out why it gives me this error , because it's an on board card, it takes some RAM from my system

In XP, it shows that i have 504 Mb but in About this Mac, it says 512 Mb ...

Maybe this is the problem ?

I'll borrow some ram from a friend and see if this solves out ... ?

10.4.1 Was a VERY VERY low end of the current system. I hate to say it, but ASROCKs tend to cut some corners on their internal configurations, and how it may work fine on Windows, tends to not be as compatible on Mac. I would try increasing the ram, and going from there. BE FORWARNED though, once you go to the 10.4.3 Build or higher you will need to have a QE and CI comptible video card. Without that it will stumble and crash, as you probley read from above. In addition I will write what I am using which allows full res video to be edited on the PC/Mac.

Since many have asked me these:

MB: Asus P5LD2-VM

Processor: Pentitum 630 (3 Ghz) For now...

Video: Sahphire x1600 PCI-E (Has mouse tearing, but full 1600x1200 support)

SATA2 300 M/b Hard drive Western Digital

Memory=1 Gig+(Dual 512) (Ocz Pc2 DDR2 5400)

ADS Firewire Card.

(This will leave you with one open PCI card slot... which I recomend not filling, but you still can. It's just too close to the PCI-E slot. )

Software: 10.4.5 (So the Graphics card is supported)

FCP 5.04 . (Trust me the .04 makes a HUUUUUUUGE difference, well for me anyway)

Those are just recomendations, but everyone has their own opinion. Hope that helps for any further browsings...

Yes, well in 10.4.1 my card is working perfectly...

I can use every hardware installed on my system ... (except the digital 24 bit SB Live, but i can use the built-in realtek, so it's just a minor sit-back)

QE & CI are working...

Is this card no longer suporded in 10.4.3 / 4 ? (the integrated GMA 900 ?)

Yes, well in 10.4.1 my card is working perfectly...

I can use every hardware installed on my system ... (except the digital 24 bit SB Live, but i can use the built-in realtek, so it's just a minor sit-back)

QE & CI are working...

Is this card no longer suporded in 10.4.3 / 4 ? (the integrated GMA 900 ?)

It is, you can go higher if you want. People who don't have QE or CI at all won't want to though...

BTW... I am looking into developing a custom laptop that will be capable of handling FCP and having dual Os's:

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=10884&hl=

I'm just waiting for my bonus and I start on it. Comment if you have any thoughts.

• 3 weeks later...
In regards to FInal Cut 5 and 10.4.3 (with the Maxxuss patch) , all I did to get this to run was to mount my dmg file, run the installer, no mods, then when installed, right click on Final Cut icon, show contents, inside content folder, open Info.plist and edit out the lines regarding RAM type (512) and processor (G4), save file (backing it up just in case) and starting the app, which runs smoothly btw

Wow! This worked for me too. Thanks. I was afraid I'd have to reinstall the whole dang thing. Now all I need is a better Firewire card & some extra ram.

For kc wayland

Hi kc

Did you have your apps motion works ,beacuse mine crash at load

and i have 10.4.5 native and QE CO supported

thx

I had it working, but never really used it, so I dumped it. So yes it was working. I will install it on my laptop to re-verify and will post again if I find out different.