Enabling QE/CI for ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200?

bmnKitty

14 posts in this topic

I got snow leopard installed and updated to 10.6.3 no problems. Everything works except QE/CI (used RadeonHD kext to be able to change resolutions). If anyone has any idea how I can enable qe/ci with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card (Device ID: 0x9712) please let me know, I've searched everywhere and found no answer.

• 1 month later...
I got snow leopard installed and updated to 10.6.3 no problems. Everything works except QE/CI (used RadeonHD kext to be able to change resolutions). If anyone has any idea how I can enable qe/ci with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 graphics card (Device ID: 0x9712) please let me know, I've searched everywhere and found no answer.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm going to bump this as I also have an ATI Mobility Radeon 4250HD and desperately need a kext fix for it....

I recently bought a brand new HP dv7-4065dx and after having some issues with Win7, I decided to put OSX on it. Everything works except Gfx.....

Most new laptops have this type of gfx onboard card and it would be a shame not to put it to use....

I'm a developer so I could help write drivers if needs be, I just don't know where to start....

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Ive tried alot of ways... I tried the RadeonHD.kext and it only changes resolution but no QE/CI...

1..So i tied a little experimenting.. I tried dumping a rom and using the UseAtiROM chameleon command and i still doesnt work.

2.. I tied putting the device id in the 4600 kext but it doesnt work.. I can see that the res if correct but the screen blacks out in seconds.

3. ATY_INIT identifies it has Megalodon so I tied using the following commands with the ROM. And it still doesnt work...

AtiConfig=Megalodon

GraphicsEnabler=Yes

UseAtiROM=Yes

BOTTOM LINE QE/CI is not available on Mac...

HERE is the radeon kext that i used... See in attachments...

RadeonHD.kext.lebidou.zip

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is for people who have Mac osx 10.6.8 and up on HD 4200 and need Proper resolution...

1..... download these 10.6.7 files Apple 10.6.7 kext

2..... download kext utility and install the above kext.HERE ... if you have this already just skip.

3..... Install this kext again.. HERE

Note this does not provide QE/CI just resolution fix for people who have OSX 10.6.8 and Lion...

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is over a year old. But I saw some recent posts here. If you are still trying to get it working and have some patience left in you refer to this post. I have an HD 4330 on my laptop and I am trying this fix. People have reported it working on 10.6.6/7 for HD 4xxx cards.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245308

I know this thread is over a year old. But I saw some recent posts here. If you are still trying to get it working and have some patience left in you refer to this post. I have an HD 4330 on my laptop and I am trying this fix. People have reported it working on 10.6.6/7 for HD 4xxx cards.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=245308

Your card uses an rv7xx chipset, whereas the 42xx card use a rv6xx chipset. Your card is supported but the Mobility HD 4200 is not.