Anyone know of a PCI SATA Card that's supported?

65 posts in this topic

The reason your vt6421L card doesn't work is not because of your nForce chipset, it is because the 6421L is not bootable (PERIOD!!!). As far as the 3132 Sil, I have this one on my motherboard as well and it does not get recognized by any of the drivers I've tried so far, which is quite a few. Fortunately for me, my ULi 5288 (1575 southbridge) works great and I don't need any of the other ones.

Some People ask me how i get the SL 3112 Sata Controller to work.

Instructions:

1. You have to patch the controller with ide-bios (standard seems raid controller) (you get it on silicon image website)

2. you have to edit the Appleviaata.kext with you vendor and product id.

repair permissions and restart :)

in attachment my kext.file

Appleviaata.kext

note: for install on sata system you have to patch your install-dvd with that kext or buy a ide-sata convertor (so you can plug a sata harddisk on ide port and can install, after installation you have to do the procedure :(

good luck!

don't know if this is covered earlier in the thread but do you think this method will work with a 3112 chip directly on a motherboard itself? i assume the chip is routed over the pci bus anyways but it may use some fancy interconnect like intel uses for their gigabit lan, or does it even matter? i would test it out but i don't have the computer in question at the moment.

don't know if this is covered earlier in the thread but do you think this method will work with a 3112 chip directly on a motherboard itself? i assume the chip is routed over the pci bus anyways but it may use some fancy interconnect like intel uses for their gigabit lan, or does it even matter? i would test it out but i don't have the computer in question at the moment.

i think it works also there... take a look in windows and search if your controller is found as a pci device :)

AJ7, what are you talking about. You needed the one that converted an IDE channel to SATA drive, right? If so, the one you linked to is the correct adapter. I know because I have the same exact one. Show me a picture of the one you got and I'll tell you if you got the right one.

I hope you're joking about saying I'm full of it as all I've tried to do in this topic is help everyone here get their drives to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Hello.

After update the bios of the card (mine includes one CD with the both bios and flash app) and edit the kext it's working!!

I'm running OS X 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 kernel.

Thanks a lot for the info.

What CD? I have a Sil3114 I want to get working. Can you provide the flash app and bios?