Ralink RT2500 chipset PCI beta driver

huong23

93 posts in this topic

I`ve installed the 10.4.3 updated Driver and it loads fine.

It also recognizes my Linksys 54L Access Point, but Ican`t connect to it.

Is that the Problem of wpa, the Driver Utility suggests that it can handle wpa.

Do you guys all use the unsecure wep?

I Hope there is a way to get the wpa to work...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm sorry i got confused with the succeded ralink

im on uphuck 10.4.9 on MSI megabook 1022B

msi mini pci wireless with ralink chipset

it shows no device on the newest ralink driver

please tell me what to do..

also please be detail about the tutorial

since im a snoob

• 2 months later...

I got 10.4.10 and Asus WL-130g WiFi "RT2500" based. Downloaded and installed the latest Ralink drivers. It comes with Wireless Utility. But I want to run it as SoftAP, and in Vista the executable to make it run as such is called ApUI.exe.

Where I find it on OS X .... where are the packages installed? Sorry, but I am a noob in OS X.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Has anyone got their RT25xx based pci card to work under Leopard 10.5.1 ? I keep getting the "no device" error in the provided wireless setup utility..

Thanks in advance!

i tried using their driver on their website for 10.4, and it crashes after connecting.

it locks up the computer.

it connects... disconnects, then locks up completely.

I have got it working! Although it doesn't get detected as Wireless Device just an Ethernet controller.

I installed these 2 files.

WirelessCard_OSX_X86_10.4.3_2005_11_30.dmg

CardbusPCIWireless_Tiger.pkg.zip

Then restart.

On startup Ralink Wireless Manager should open and it should be fully functional however the internet itself may not work.

To get it to work you need to go to System Preferences, Network. There should now be a new 'Ethernet' Connection but it will probably be set as 'Not Connected'

Select the 'Ethernet' Connection and where it says Configure select 'Using DHCP with manual adress'. You now need to input the cards I.P address. This I got from the Windows Ralink About screen and for me it was "192.168.1.64".

Hit apply and close and reopen Network. If this worked it will now be connected and your internet should now be fully functional ;)

Hope this helps someone.

• 4 weeks later...
I have got it working! Although it doesn't get detected as Wireless Device just an Ethernet controller.

I installed these 2 files.

WirelessCard_OSX_X86_10.4.3_2005_11_30.dmg

CardbusPCIWireless_Tiger.pkg.zip

Then restart.

On startup Ralink Wireless Manager should open and it should be fully functional however the internet itself may not work.

To get it to work you need to go to System Preferences, Network. There should now be a new 'Ethernet' Connection but it will probably be set as 'Not Connected'

Select the 'Ethernet' Connection and where it says Configure select 'Using DHCP with manual adress'. You now need to input the cards I.P address. This I got from the Windows Ralink About screen and for me it was "192.168.1.64".

Hit apply and close and reopen Network. If this worked it will now be connected and your internet should now be fully functional :)

Hope this helps someone.

Sam

So will this work on a Ralink RT2500 chipset Linksys WMP54G v4 on Zephyroth's Leopard 10.5.2?

The Utility recognizes the SSID`s and conects , but the net d`nt works (DCHP and Fixed IP too)....

What is wrong ? ...

Well...I know what is wrong now. This version of the utility only supports WEP passwords in LOWERCASE..

If you want to use a Wireles Lan with a WEP pas in UPPERCASE.....better to use other adapter..

The Passwords are stored in a file called : COM.Ralink.RaConfig.plist, they are not crypted but if you change it to uppercase the program translates it to lowercase....

Dammm....

Hi Greenturtle985 and cambios!

Thank you: this topic helped me to got my rt2500 based pccard work.

However after reviewing the files in the 2 packages (link given by Greenturtle985), I found many files are the same (they are newer in the zip file). The files are also the same in the original Ralink pakage in Ralink site:

http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Macintosh.html

So I downloaded from Ralink intalled reboot and it works directly!

more details here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95260

Thks it's great

--

Jmp0

• 10 months later...

Hello, I got OSX86 installed on my computer (iDeneb 1.3, OSX 10.5.5) and I want to know if anyone has found any drivers that work on 10.5.5 for a Linksys WMP54G v4. In Linux it uses the rt2500 kernel module, thus I found this thread. I tried the .dmg from the ralink support site, but it didn't detect my wireless card. If anyone has gotten it working, can they please provide a link to it?

Thanks, without wifi, OSX is next to useless for me....but I guess I could get another card.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...