Rox55

32 posts in this topic

OSX is nice. Really nice... but it will be overshadowed by Vista when it comes out. Trust me!!! As far as productivity goes... windows is still much better than the eye-candy OSX. Yeah, windows crashes sometimes, but so does OSX. You just don't see the BSOD in OSX... you see a spinning wheel for eternity.

I love the macs,... and apple is really innovative (although they copied some stuffs from other OS's too)... but Windows rule!!!

This is an ineresting thread...but as many don't know, Vista is going crazy with right protection!

Pretty much, MS is making it nearly impossible to download MP3s unless you have a license, along with tons of other stuff.

I'm actually almost afraid to try Vista, many have noticed a tiny bit of bandwidth going through and it has been said that MS is tracking who has a copy of Vista running! Just search it, you will find long topics and reviews about this.

Windows XP had alot of copy protected, Vista takes this to the max!

Windows XP had alot of copy protected, Vista takes this to the max!

Don't be silly with the rights management in Vista. Vista is designed to be compatible with almost every PC hardware out there because MS is not into making PC box hardware.

OSX86 is only going to have ONE PC hardware customer (Apple) with all the TPM and DRM thrown in. Enjoy it while you can with OSX86, because I doubt there will be a next version for your generic PC.

Don't be silly with the rights management in Vista. Vista is designed to be compatible with almost every PC hardware out there because MS is not into making PC box hardware.

OSX86 is only going to have ONE PC hardward customer (Apple) with all the TPM and DRM thrown in. Enjoy it while you can with OSX86, because I doubt there will be a next version for your generic PC.

Wow, I cannot believe how much you chopped up what I said...

I SAID COPY PROTECTION!!!

This is like licenses for MP3s videos, etc.

Like I said, MS is even traching each beta...if you're connected to the net when you use the beta, MS knows you have it!

You know how WMP has incorporated alot of video protection that can only be cracked if you have a license...they still haven't cracked that, thats an example of what Vista will be doing.

I'm actually almost afraid to try Vista, many have noticed a tiny bit of bandwidth going through and it has been said that MS is tracking who has a copy of Vista running! Just search it, you will find long topics and reviews about this.

I thought I would say something about this point.The bandwith is a p2p app that ms is adding into vista its a Distibuted datebase like used in azureus.you can turn it off under services before you connect to the net.If your thinking they will track you.

On a side not I have already activated my vista weeks ago over the net and they didnt kick down my door :)

I'm not entirely sure of the whole situation, but many say it is pretty much so much as a "ping" they are seeing and that MS is just checking how many/who has it.

Who knows, but with all they are doing with security, I wouldn't be surprised, I mean even with XP they can tell if you have a legit copy pretty much.

I'm highly considering trying it, I just want to look into the whole nthing more thorough. :D

There's an idea right there, find all the security MS is adding into Vista and list it here, that would be nice to let people know what's up! :)

I'm not entirely sure of the whole situation, but many say it is pretty much so much as a "ping" they are seeing and that MS is just checking how many/who has it.

Who knows, but with all they are doing with security, I wouldn't be surprised, I mean even with XP they can tell if you have a legit copy pretty much.

I'm highly considering trying it, I just want to look into the whole nthing more thorough. :D

There's an idea right there, find all the security MS is adding into Vista and list it here, that would be nice to let people know what's up! :)

The pings are other pcs with vista installed that didnt turn off the p2p service.since its distributed database what that means is each pc with vista looks for and trys to connect to eachother to share files.This will be turned off by default in the final build.So you have some truth and some paranoia to what your thinking :)