VoodooPower 1.2.3 for Snow Leopard 32/64bit

16 posts in this topic

I've remade VoodooPower 1.2.3 with my extensions for Snow Leopard.

This one is 64bit fully ready.

You may not use Disabler.kext with this installed or the kext will not be loaded.

You also can not use this kext with vanilla kernels (it will panic because of some routines used inside).

Source:

http://rapidshare.com/files/347332207/vood...SnowLeo_Src.zip

Installer:

http://rapidshare.com/files/347321689/Vood...L_32_64.pkg.zip

"You also can not use this kext with vanilla kernels (it will panic because of some routines used inside)."

????

Sorry, but most will use vanilla kernel todays with snow leopard.

Do you mean really thats only for patched kernels ? Maybe ok in 10.4.3 times but today ?

Anyway thanks for support !!

Do you mean really thats only for patched kernels ? Maybe ok in 10.4.3 times but today ?

why would you think apple has the best kernel?

i do agree that it would be better for this to work with stock kernels but i wouldn't be arrogant or foolish enough to talk {censored} about custom kernels.. remember apple makes mistakes all the time and also likes to take improvements that this community has made

Sure, i also use and used software from ANV often and like his great work.

I only little complain that he didnt write that MAJOR usage restriction in the thread main line or second line like ... Non VANILLA KERNELS only... .

That because all other superhai (+ voodoopower team)of vodoopowermini.kext for snow leopard run also with vanilla kernel. So lots will think GREAT and afterwords read ".. no vaniilla " .

I undertstand - but please correct Thread head lines with adding "AMD! / No Vanilla Kernel" - that would clear it and of course much more AMD users will click if they read AMD only ;)

It works for Intel too...

I use it on my Intel Celeron M 420 laptop (which has no P-State support).

You may not use Disabler.kext with this installed or the kext will not be loaded.

Are you sure? Because i think that so the temperatures will be very very high without disabler despite the speedstep is active, but with voodoopower.

Can you clarify this step? Thanks ;)

Perhapas KP because you use Vanilla Kernel (orig.)insted of some of the patched Kernels for AMD(+Intel non SSE3) ?

That version of voodoopower didnt work with vanilla kernels (like voodoominipower (SL) from superhai does).

Perhapas KP because you use Vanilla Kernel (orig.)insted of some of the patched Kernels for AMD(+Intel non SSE3) ?

That version of voodoopower didnt work with vanilla kernels (like voodoominipower (SL) from superhai does).

Ok;) You are right but maybe the title should be changed a little better

Andy, thanks for this release, I've been testing it and it seems to get the frequency wrong and the temperature is backwards, cause it goes down when I run geekbech and up when idle. Some time ago someone made an AMD version of this kext for temp reading only, could you do that Andy?

Well done Andy,

Does this include the fixes from hnak from your previous voodoo power for leopard for AMD?

I always recommend speaking with hnak if you have any problems as he is a very smart guy and seems to know a lot about AMD :P

Also I would appreciate it if you can you specify which kernels this VP64 is compatible with and link it to this page.

It may also be a good idea to make 2 different versions, one AMD / Custom Kernel and a Vanilla Version (only voodoo power mini available for sl right now)

Cheers,

HC ;)

Well done Andy,

Does this include the fixes from hnak from your previous voodoo power for leopard for AMD?

I always recommend speaking with hnak if you have any problems as he is a very smart guy and seems to know a lot about AMD :)

Also I would appreciate it if you can you specify which kernels this VP64 is compatible with and link it to this page.

It may also be a good idea to make 2 different versions, one AMD / Custom Kernel and a Vanilla Version (only voodoo power mini available for sl right now)

Cheers,

HC :)

Yes it includes those and it also has the same class as apple's AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to fix some "waiting for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out".

• 1 month later...

It doesn't work for me with Acer Aspire 5520G (TurionX2 TL 56) with SL 10.6.2.The kernel is listed at System Profiles but it shows Kernel Extension :Offfliine.I can get 64bit p-State 1.03 to work but when I select Auto my sound is terible (with USB audio card).I don't know how to enable your kext.Contiune your works pls,thanks