G5 to ATX Front I/O Cables

enjoyfebruary

540 posts in this topic

i really want one to ! :)

can i still buy them ?

shipping to netherlands is possible ??

Yep. Still making them. Shipping to Netherlands is no problem. International shipping is flat $15.

Thanks,

AlohaCab

PM me for payment instructions or look on this thread.

Hi, would like to purchase one...how long could it take,i'm in Germany... Is payment over PayPal ok?

mcomega@gmail.com

Thank you very much!

Victor

International is interesting. I've had people receive them in less than 10 days and some others it has taken 3 weeks. Not sure what customs is doing over there, but US Postal service is definitely the cheapest. (knock on wood) So far every international buyer has received their package...even if it took a little longer. In fact, I had one just recently get returned from Australia because the carrier couldn't deliver it. Can't believe it made it there and all the way back in one piece.

Paypal ptchan5@gmail.com.

Prices are:

$35+$15 s/h international

Make sure to put your member name in the notes field of your paypal payment and your shipping address is verified and updated in paypal, I will not ship to alternate addresses provided.

** Important **

This cable requires that you have a Firewire port on your motherboard OR you purchase a Firewire PCI card with an internal connector. The G5 front panel utilizes the ground path of the Firewire GND to complete the circuit.

I don't provide a jumper wire to use at the end of my cable to complete the circuit in other locations on your motherboard because I believe it ruins the look of an already beautiful case and cable.

** More Important **

This cable only works with the following Early G5 Front I/O Panel. Make sure yours looks like this before ordering.

EarlyG5FrontPanelIOBoardPicture.jpg

Thanks,

Peter

I have a brand new cable made by AlohaCab a few months back that I'm now looking to sell. It is in perfect condition and has never been used.

I overestimated how much free time I would have after my son was born. Needless to say, I don't have very much. Therefore, in the interest of paring down the number of projects I have going, I've decided to shelve my partially completed G5 mod.

Price is $25 including shipping (continental USA only). Bear in mind I have only one of these cables so, it is being sold on a first come first serve basis. PM me for Paypal details.

Bryan

SOLD!

MON, SEP 12 - SHIPPING UPDATE

This cable went out today.

29sparky

TUES, SEP 13 - SHIPPING UPDATE

alt_mac

THU, SEP 15 - SHIPPING UPDATE

usmcfleet

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Can you pls send me the Manual on how to connect them to the motherboards? I lost mine.

No problem. Sent the .pdf to your email.

AlohaCab

FRI, SEP 16 - SHIPPING UPDATE

telegenecaster

MON, SEP 19 - SHIPPING UPDATE

DutchArk

FRI, SEP 23 - SHIPPING UPDATE

autero

Thanks,

AlohaCab

• 2 weeks later...

MON, OCT 3 - SHIPPING UPDATE

TheKingArthur

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Aloha, I don't have a firewire port on my PC and neither do I really want to go out and buy the pcie card. Grounding the thing is a matter of just running a wire from the firewire pin to the case right?

Well, I think you would want to use a ground on the motherboard, such as one from a spare USB port. But, I haven't done it so you might want to do a search on the board on which spot would be the best place to tap the ground for the firewire cable. There are actually two GND on the firewire cable. One shield ground and one regular circuit ground.

If you want to order a complete cable with jumper cables, check with BlackCH. He is shipping the cable with various jumper options out of Spain. I don't want to steer you wrong or give you the wrong advice which will ruin your project. I have a firewire port on my mb and other people that have bought the cable have utilized a cheap PCI card with an internal firewire port successfully.

Good luck with your build.

Aloha, I am interested in a G5 to ATX front I/O cable. I'm sending you a PM as well. Do you ship to Canada (Vancouver)?

TUE, OCT 11 - SHIPPING UPDATE

natharious

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Hi AlohaCab

I want to know if you could do a cable for me but with UV Green sleeving instead of black sleeving

Let me know if its possible

I don't have that sleeving, but if you mail one to me I will be happy to make you one with that sleeving. What about the shrink wrap on either end, is that going to stay black?

AlohaCab

Looking to buy another cable from you if you're still making them.

PM me and I'll give you my paypal info for an invoice.

Thanks!

(btw, first cable I bought works great, had it for almost a year now!!!)

Glad to hear it's working for you. I'm still making them. Sent you PM instructions.