Thanks,

AlohaCab

SHIPPING UPDATE - JUNE 7th

nemz

itmictc

Thanks,

AlohaCab

ON VACATION

Will accept and process orders when I return on 6/27.

If I have not posted your member name above, then I will ship yours when I return. If you don't want to wait, I can promptly refund your money via paypal. Just PM me.

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Hi AlohaCab,

Received the cable and it works great, except for one thing, the front audio doesn't work, everything else is fine. Is there a way to fix it or do I need a different cable? In this thread, on post #1799954, someone posted about not having front sound on a Gigabyte board and different hole wiring. My board is Intel DQ965GF. The excerpt from that post below:

“I also found a G5 mod on a blog by celso martinho http://arrifana.org/...osh-2/#comments who made his own front panel cable. He experienced audio issues as well and when I noticed his plug, it looked different than Aloha's.

Try and stay with me, I'm describing this in layman's terms. The plug that fits into the motherboard for audio has cables at holes 2,5,9 and 10. Celso's cable has 2,5,9 but a cable running from 7 TO 10.

I ordered some wires/connectors from polulu and was able to make this connection myself. I removed the #10 female cable and replaced it with 2 females ( 7 to 10), installed it and then did the kext modification and BOOM! I now have audio".

Has anyone else had an issue with no front audio? Thanks for any help you can give.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from vacation and shipping cables this week. Thanks for all your patience.

AlohaCab

Shipping Update:

Thu, 6/28

Thanh Tran

paperboy07

Fri, 6/29

TJ

Thien Tran

Sat, 6/30

Phathak

Gnar84

• 2 weeks later...

Shipping update:

Mon, Jul 9

techguy

newjayz

Mon, Jul 16

billymon

shingletoon

Thanks,

AlohaCab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shipped:

DJM44

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Yes, I'm still making the G5 ATX cable, so if anyone wants one, just PM me.

Shipped, Fri, Aug 24th:

JLyons

Shipped, Sat, Aug 25th:

RDatillo

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Shipped Mon, Aug 20th:

Segovax

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Thank you!

I'll be honest I haven't seen any pictures of your work, so I was a little worried. No one should worry. This is top notch craftsmanship. Looks beautiful, thanks again.

I have one of these cables for my G5 case mod (just need to straighten out the front panel jacks), and I cannot get it to work properly with my new Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH board. The LED and power switch work fine, but it does not give any audio to the headphone jack, and something really crazy happens when I try to plug the USB header into my board. The whole board refuses to draw any power or turn on until I unplug the whole G5 front panel cable and the ATX power cable from my PSU whenever I try to plug in the USB. Does anyone have any suggestions for this board for AlohaCab's cable?

Shipped Tues, Aug 28th:

starfleetcadet

Thanks,

AlohaCab

Doppelheim, are you sure you followed my connection diagram? I also sent you information on a possible fix for the audio from others who owned a Gigabyte motherboard prior to you purchasing the cable. It's a documented fix by others; do a search on the forum.

It sounds like you are not plugging the USB (5 pin) connector in and trying to plug the firewire connector in the USB plug. Your motherboard should not be acting crazy like that.

AlohaCab

Everything works now. The USB port works when I plug its header into an old USB 2.0 PCI card that I've had for years, and the headphone jack works with the method sharky311 posted (3 m-f jumpers, 1 f-f jumper). I'm guessing the FireWire 400 port also works, but I don't want to dig through my garage to find a device just to test it. Thanks for the quick response, AlohaCab.