OMG My Score is 6.71 ! Please help

d70

16 posts in this topic

Jagshemash!

I installed 10.4.6 (JaS) on my computer today and finally got the 6600GT to run at 1680x1050 (LCD though). The problem is it's sooooooo slow. I've installed Lightroom and Aperture but they are unusable at this speed. I ran Xbench and surprisingly I got 6.71 !!! {censored} pos. Here are my brief specs:

AMD Sempron 3100+ 3GHz

1GB DDR RAM

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB AGP

I don't know what the problem is. Can somebody please help improve the performance. Thanks in advance.

xbenchscore.txt

mycomputer.txt

Jagshemash!

I installed 10.4.6 (JaS) on my computer today and finally got the 6600GT to run at 1680x1050 (LCD though). The problem is it's sooooooo slow. I've installed Lightroom and Aperture but they are unusable at this speed. I ran Xbench and surprisingly I got 6.71 !!! {censored} pos. Here are my brief specs:

AMD Sempron 3100+ 3GHz

1GB DDR RAM

Nvidia 6600GT 128MB AGP

I don't know what the problem is. Can somebody please help improve the performance. Thanks in advance.

LOL, Please Don't lick your nuts we don't want anyone to get hurt around here. It might be because it is an amd and not an intel. I have gotten around 108 with my pc: Intel P4 650 @4.2 Ghz, 2Gb DDR2-667mhz, Nvidia Geforce 6800... well that is my own 2 cents. Sorry I cant help any more

can you list a few more specs about your system? what mobo, and what type of harddrive (IDE/SATA). Your memory is really slow (who is the manufacturer?) your processor is slow and your video card is even slower according to your xbench scores. Those added specs might help someone more experienced than me but based on your numbers those are issues (could be drivers with the nvidia).

LOL, Please Don't lick your nuts we don't want anyone to get hurt around here. It might be because it is an amd and not an intel. I have gotten around 108 with my pc: Intel P4 650 @4.2 Ghz, 2Gb DDR2-667mhz, Nvidia Geforce 6800... well that is my own 2 cents. Sorry I cant help any more

Don't go licking intels nuts insinuating his scores are low because he's using AMD , there's deffinatly something else at fault here because I run a slower 2800+ and my cpu score is 55.

Post all your system specs and perhaps that will help , I use an nforce3 board and I have to disable QE with QuartzDebug or my system runs really slow. My OpenGL score sux because of the nforce3 thing too , and my Ram is only running at DDR333 cause the sticks dont seem to like eachother.

I'm not fully familiar with the sempron line from AMD, but... Do you have a Sempron or Sempron 64? The Sempron 64 3000+ is listed on the wiki as being compatible including SSE3 (select AMD/SSE3 during Jas install). The Sempron 3000+ isn't listed but the 2800+ is without SSE3. Some of the sempron line are only SSE not SSE2 or SSE3 but I don't think OSx will let you install without atleast SSE2. Basically...need more information about your setup ;-)

EDIT: knowing what your processor cores is might also help (e.g.: palermo, paris, barton, thoroughbred, etc)

ere me now ere me now ere now....

here are my specs:

* AMD Sempron Processor 3100+ (I think it's Palermo core, 64 bit capable, SSE2)

* ECS NFORCE3-A Motherboard

* 1GB PC3200 400MHz 184-Pin DDR, CAS 3-8-4-4 GeIL Value Single Channel

* 30GB partition of a 120GB ATA drive.

* eVGA GeForce 6600GT 128MB AGP

* and ta da COOLERMASTER CK8-8JD2BOL

Thanks for all your replies.

well the sempron palermo core is SSE3 compatible. your mobo isn't listed on the wiki, could be the problem, the Geil memory could be an issue too. Have to wait for someone with more experience/knowledge :-/ sorry I can't help more

well the sempron palermo core is SSE3 compatible. your mobo isn't listed on the wiki, could be the problem, the Geil memory could be an issue too. Have to wait for someone with more experience/knowledge :-/ sorry I can't help more

Hello everyone,

Infact, I too have same issue. My xbench score was much worse. You may have a look at it here.

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...pe=post&id=3245

And this is my config.

AMD 3500+ Venice code

1024 MB RAM

160 GB WD HDD with 1 OSX partition, 1 FAT32 partition, 1 NTFS Partition

GigaByte K8NS-ULTRA 939 Motherboard

nForce 3 250 Chipset

ATI Radeon 9800 256MB Graphic card

DVD+RW using 10.4.6 HotISO

Can someone suggest, whatz wrong with mine or what can be improved?

Disable Quartz Extreme with QuartzDebug , it's in the developer tools folder. Nforce3 boards have an issue that causes a slowdown when QE is enabled.

I nominate myself to be the official nutlicker, whenever nutlicking is required.

Thanks for your support!

thanks bro unless you are a chick you wont be touching my nuts. :)

anyway anymore ideas? it's amazingly way too slow. It's like running OSX on a G3 box with 256MB RAM.

You may need to run the SSE3 => SSE2 Maxxuss patch... Or you could have possibly selected SSE3 instructions during your install... I have a feeling it has something to do with your SSE2 though (just my opinion).

I installed 10.4.6 JaS. Before the installation started, I didn't see an option to choose between SSE3/SSE2 patch. Can anybody confirm? thanks

It's during the install - Under Customize, after you choose your install destination. Another thought: Are you using JaS' PPF1 patch with your install DVD? I know some people were having issues due to the AMD enabler not functioning on the original release.