.: OSx86 Project - Rosetta@Home Team:.

37 posts in this topic

Thats awesome, keep it up.

I am just competetive, so I need to get some more computers going! :P

Have joined up. Nice to feel that the electricity bill is going on something useful :P

Launched it on two hackintoshes, with a G3 450 and a G4 cube 1.2 coming on stream a bit later on.

Hmmm. This could be fun! Shall we aim for a Top 100 placing?

Edit :: Wow - 68th already -Apple Computer Inc are 40th. Theres a nice target :)

//R

I with more people would join, it seems that alot of people are concerned about people/apple finding out they are running osx. If only they knew they could hide their computers, so that wouldnt be an issue. As well its not like any personal information is released.

On another note, amdprophet, you have a pentium d 920 running rosetta @ home, well that is what Im running as well, as my main box. Why is there a big discrepency in performance? I do have my oced to 3.5ghz, but honestly I wouldnt think it would be that big of a performance difference.

I also am very curious what kind of systems and how many bearcat is running, shoot, hes got over 1k on average...maybe I need to goto a computer shop with the internet and piggy back their computers with some rosetta clients. :tomato:

Chapel, like you, I got curious, especially about Apple Computers Inc's team, and had a mooch about. The founder of that team is running Darwin 9.0d1.

I hid mine after I twigged that a hackintosh shows up as an i386 ADP2...

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone. I am running a single computer w/OSX (x86), but I am running 4 others on various operating systems. Is it ok to join the team, even though the majority of my units will come from other OSes? Based on what i saw on your team page, I could just about double your daily amount of results. I don't want to intrude though, as I'm still fairly new on the site and not ALL of my computers are running os x. Altogether, I have 10-12 processors running (multiple dual-core and dual-cpu machines), so you can expect quite a few results per day.

If someone wants to give me an answer, I'll sign up ASAP.

Thanks.

-baron_iv

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone. I am running a single computer w/OSX (x86), but I am running 4 others on various operating systems. Is it ok to join the team, even though the majority of my units will come from other OSes? Based on what i saw on your team page, I could just about double your daily amount of results. I don't want to intrude though, as I'm still fairly new on the site and not ALL of my computers are running os x. Altogether, I have 10-12 processors running (multiple dual-core and dual-cpu machines), so you can expect quite a few results per day.

If someone wants to give me an answer, I'll sign up ASAP.

Thanks.

-baron_iv

I think the more the merrier, c'mon in....

//R

• 4 weeks later...

This is pretty cool! I'm currently running four computers:

Dell Dimension 2400 - 1 Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.2GHZ: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_hos...p?hostid=341418

Running XP, has osx86 10.4.6, but I've been having problems with bridging, a must-have for that computer, so I haven't been using osx86 lately.

Apple MacBook - 1 Intel Core Duo, obviously with 2 cores @ 2.0GHZ each: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_hos...p?hostid=341410

Running Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.8, trying to install Leopard to external drive...

Apple iMac - 1 Intel Core Duo, obviously with 2 cores @ 2.0GHZ each: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_hos...p?hostid=341443

Running Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.7, keep forgetting to upgrade to 10.4.8...

Dell Dimension 4600 - 1 Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.4GHZ: http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_hos...p?hostid=341498

Running XP, no osx86

• 2 months later...