gma4500 resolution and 512 mb MEMORY

alabamas

57 posts in this topic

After patching dsdt with some X3100 string, I got a blue screen after the blue screen now, and the system seemed to be dead. Anyone got a clue?

OK, great news:

I finally got native screen on thinkpad T400 with x4500 in snow leopard, 1440x900@60Hz,

However, only in safe boot mode. Otherwise, it gives a damn blue screen as I said earlier.

I couldn't capture screen at this moment, can only get a blank white one. Dunno why.

Pls help.

After patching dsdt with some X3100 string, I got a blue screen after the blue screen now, and the system seemed to be dead. Anyone got a clue?

Pls help.

Are you using 10.5.x or SL? I run 10.5.8, and mine had the exact same symptoms; blank backlit screen, no picture. There's two ways of fixing it- replacing the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext (both available from links in my sig), or patching the DSDT and adding display overrides if needed. You may be able to boot using -x, then turn on Screen Sharing so you can work on it using a different pc.

Are you using 10.5.x or SL? I run 10.5.8, and mine had the exact same symptoms; blank backlit screen, no picture. There's two ways of fixing it- replacing the AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext (both available from links in my sig), or patching the DSDT and adding display overrides if needed. You may be able to boot using -x, then turn on Screen Sharing so you can work on it using a different pc.

I got it working on 10.6.2, but only in safe mode, otherwise all I got is a blue screen.

Damn. how can I get rid of "-x"? Is this a know issue or what?

Your AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext can get me free of "-x"?

See my previous post:

OK, great news:

I finally got native screen on thinkpad T400 with x4500 in snow leopard, 1440x900@60Hz,

However, only in safe boot mode. Otherwise, it gives a damn blue screen as I said earlier.

I couldn't capture screen at this moment, can only get a blank white one. Dunno why.

I got it working on 10.6.2, but only in safe mode, otherwise all I got is a blue screen.

Damn. how can I get rid of "-x"? Is this a know issue or what?

Your AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext and adding Natit.kext can get me free of "-x"?

I doubt my drivers will help if you're in 10.6.x. See, this is why I'm happy sticking to 10.5.8 ;)

Everything works fine here preview fine screenshots (with copernicus) works fine I dont have anyproblems with this kext (leo 10.5.8) I did, however have these problems using it in snow leo (10.6 and 10.6.1 as posted I could not get it to work after updating to 10.6.2) works great for me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im using X4500MHD...is this support?should i boot in 32bit or 64bit?

now im using this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=209665 but its shows 64MB not 512MB.

and actually is native res..but a bit laggy..mayb becouse no qe ?

is this one ok??can someone try the file from deviato and this one and then compared it?

i dont have leopard in my dell..only sl..when something happened..quite difficult to resolve it...

thanks..

Tried installing this earlier today on iPC 10.5.6 (HP G60-530US) and nothing happened. The steps I followed were:

First Try

Dropped the kext into Kext Helper b7 and used "kext permissions" and "Tag cache rebuild"

Installer said everything went fine, reboot, no change

Second Try

Dropped the kext into Kext Helper b7

Installer said everything went fine, reboot, no change

Am I missing a step somewhere?

I have tried this Kext it worked for me 512MB

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100

Type: Display

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)