gma4500 resolution and 512 mb MEMORY

alabamas

57 posts in this topic

For me:

Got no difference nor grapich improvements on the grapich perfomances, only the mouse pointer keep hanging on top left screen..

System profiles shows it has 512MB VRAM.. but no difference at all compared with previous with 144MB pathced X3100 kext.

PS: It's not like when I used Deviato's method with 64MB which a little laggy.. I got better response when upgraded with those patched 144MB kexts.., only the screen got a little brighter and red.. which later can be fix in System Preference -> Display -> Colors

I'm also have a color profile called "ColorLCD" from a Macbook Pro that gives different feels of colour..

in case you want to try: http://www.mediafire.com/?z51ipn9x2omrqdk

• 2 weeks later...

tried this on Acer Aspire 5735 running iAtkos v7, dropped kext into kext helper, rebooted and worked first time, very happy.

However, since then in the pursuit for a usable hackbook I have reinstalled OS X a number of times and after 20 attempts it has only ever worked 1 more time!!!

What usually happens now is screen goes blue, then while I wait for mouse curser to appear screen goes black, then back on blue but with a couple of lines horizontally, and a big strip towards the right which gradually goes white.

Hard drive light continues to flicker like it is still loading.

Tried fixing permissions and reboot using -f but no joy :-(

Any ideas much appreciated, it offends my eyes seeing Leo smeared across the screen from a 1024x768 image!!!

PS. Im using iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 lite at the moment!!

For me:

Got no difference nor grapich improvements on the grapich perfomances, only the mouse pointer keep hanging on top left screen..

System profiles shows it has 512MB VRAM.. but no difference at all compared with previous with 144MB pathced X3100 kext.

PS: It's not like when I used Deviato's method with 64MB which a little laggy.. I got better response when upgraded with those patched 144MB kexts.., only the screen got a little brighter and red.. which later can be fix in System Preference -> Display -> Colors

I'm also have a color profile called "ColorLCD" from a Macbook Pro that gives different feels of colour..

in case you want to try: http://www.mediafire.com/?z51ipn9x2omrqdk

did you find a solution? because for me the native res is ok but i also got this mouse pointer on top left screen..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...