[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Hi @lulighttec,

Happy that Clover is finally working for you :).

To create the Windows 7X64_UEFI USB, I used the manual creation method - see steps 11D & E in the guide:

D) Rename the bootmgfw.efi file on your desktop to bootx64.efi.

E) Copy/Move the renamed bootx64.efi file into the efi/boot folder (step 11A) on the USB flash drive.

13512d1356518139-uefi-bootable-usb-flash

Note that it is bootmgfw.efi that you rename, not bootmgr.efi like you used.  Also note I was installing Windows 7X64_UEFI onto my internal hard drive (it is a bit trickier to get Windows 7 to install on an external hard drive.  For Windows 8, you can follow the linked guide to install it in "to go mode" on an external USB hard drive).

post-846696-0-62614600-1391901791_thumb.

post-846696-0-84276700-1391901892_thumb.

On the topic of sleep in Mavericks, I find that using OSX 10.9.1's kernel and kexts in S/L/E (or just staying with 10.9 or 10.9.1) with regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, works perfectly on my XPS m1530.  NB You don't need to do this procedure for the XPS m1330.

Edit1

Here's another puzzle I have yet to figure out.  Several posts ago, DarwinX was part of a discussion about HWMonitor and which branch of kexts work with it, and he attached a copy of HWMonitor that was supposed to work with the Slice branch of kexts for our XPS M1530 machines.  It does, except that after I have run it once, it will not run again, until I /again/ extract it from the original archive.  It's a tedious process.  I can double click it, and it looks like it's going to run, but then it doesn't do anything at all... just disappears.  I cannot figure this out for the life of me.  It's the only program that does this, too.

There is a compatibility problem with Mavericks and the version of HWMonitor that works with Slice's FakeSMC 3.3.1 - see post #1626.  You can try K-Stat-i or SMC Monitor.

Unfortunately newer versions of HWMonitor give weird frequency readings with Slice's FakeSMC plugins (need to use Kozlek's FakeSMC to get accurate CPU/GPU frequencies with his Mavericks compatible HWMonitor but then you lose motherboard temps and fan speed readings for our machines.... eg see screenshot from post#1660).

Edit2

@lulighttec,

First make sure the Clover config.plist does not hide the Windows \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI entry....

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>                                 <-----Delete
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>                <-----Delete
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>  <-----Delete
		</array>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>

and that any UEFI Internal Custom Entry is not disabled or hidden....

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
                                        <key>FullTitle</key>
                                        <string>UEFI Internal</string>
					<key>Disabled</key>
					<false/>          <---- check this is not true
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<false/>          <---- check this is not true
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

If you aren't having any luck with manually creating the WindowsX64_UEFI USB, there is a free automated program that creates one for you from an iso image or DVD - WinToUSB.  Give it a try and report back :).

Hi @lulighttec,

Happy that Clover is finally working for you :).

To create the Windows 7X64_UEFI USB, I used the manual creation method - see steps 11D & E in the guide:

D) Rename the bootmgfw.efi file on your desktop to bootx64.efi.

E) Copy/Move the renamed bootx64.efi file into the efi/boot folder (step 11A) on the USB flash drive.

13512d1356518139-uefi-bootable-usb-flash

Note that it is bootmgfw.efi that you rename, not bootmgr.efi like you used.  Also note I was installing Windows 7X64_UEFI onto my internal hard drive (it is a bit trickier to get Windows 7 to install on an external hard drive.  For Windows 8, you can follow the linked guide to install it in "to go mode" on an external USB hard drive).

On the topic of sleep in Mavericks, I find that using OSX 10.9.1's kernel and kexts in S/L/E (or just staying with 10.9 or 10.9.1) with regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext, works perfectly on my XPS m1530.  NB You don't need to do this procedure for the XPS m1330.

I am afraid I wasn't very clear in the first post.  I didn't use bootmgr.efi to create bootx64.efi.  I used bootmgfw.efi, as the manual instructions state.  I did use Rufus to create the initial image, and it seemed to do an admirable job, but I can try again manually if you think it will make a difference.

Interesting point: on this test drive, initially I installed 10.9.1, but was still having sleep problems.  It may be because I hadn't installed any kexts yet with the exception of FakeSMC and and the VoodooPS2Controller Kext in the Clover partition.

Here's another puzzle I have yet to figure out.  Several posts ago, DarwinX was part of a discussion about HWMonitor and which branch of kexts work with it, and he attached a copy of HWMonitor that was supposed to work with the Slice branch of kexts for our XPS M1530 machines.  It does, except that after I have run it once, it will not run again, until I /again/ extract it from the original archive.  It's a tedious process.  I can double click it, and it looks like it's going to run, but then it doesn't do anything at all... just disappears.  I cannot figure this out for the life of me.  It's the only program that does this, too.  Everything else seems to run fine.

Well, at least I'm making more progress than I was... :-)

Edit 20140627: I have figured out the HWMonitor problem.  I just downloaded Slice's most updated version of it, and it seems to run fine now, although my temps are pretty high (80C give or take a few degrees on the CPU.) I am able to boot either OSX installation from clover, so... I'd love to know how to get my temps back to an acceptable level.  

EDIT: It's worth noting that he has been improving version 3.3.1 without incrementing the version number, so if you go and download it now, it should work fine.  Here: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2585

I tried doing a manual version of the Windows 7 UEFI install stick, but have the same results as before.  The bootx64.efi file down't show at all in the clover menu.  Instead, cdboot.efi and bootmgr.efi appear in the menu.  I'm going to try renaming the bootmgr.efi on the stick to something else, and see if that makes some sort of difference.

Edit 20140627:  tried renaming bootmgr.efi to bootmgr.efi.old; didn't do anything except remove it from the clover menu.  Certainly didn't make bootx64.efi start appearing in the menu.  I'm at a loss.  Don't know what else I can try.  I'm assuming you all understand that I followed the instructions here to the letter.  Oh well, time for bed now.

Edit2

@lulighttec,

First make sure the Clover config.plist on the Windowsx64_UFI USB does not hide the Windows \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI entry eg

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Hide</key>                                 <-----Delete
		<array>
			<string>Windows</string>                <-----Delete
			<string>\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI</string>  <-----Delete
		</array>
		<key>Language</key>
		<string>en:0</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Speed</key>
			<integer>0</integer>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
If you aren't having any luck with manually creating the WindowsX64_UEFI USB, there is a free automated program that creates one for you from an iso image or DVD - WinToUSB.  Give it a try and report back :).

Ok, now I'm really confused.  config.plist on the Windows install stick?  Why would there be one there, when I'm not booting clover from that stick?  Did I miss something somewhere?  Am I supposed to be booting clover from the install stick?  

I checked the config.plist on the drive I am booting clover from, and there is no entry to hide anything.  I'll try the WinToUSB tool, though I'm sure I did everything correctly.

EDIT:  WinToUSB is a bust.  I have tried it a few times, and it keeps throwing an error, saying that my freshly formatted NTFS partition "Already has a Windows installation, or same name has already been existed!" and refuses to install anything.  So I guess I'm back to where I was, trying to get clover to recognize the bootx64.efi on the Windows install stick.  Is there a way to go through the shell.efi to get to it and boot it that way?  I'm not very familiar with the shell, and last time I did anything in it, it had a very strange effect on the boot menu when I exited the shell.  Icons were stripes instead of icons, and half the menu items were missing.

EDIT:  So I went ahead and installed clover on my internal HDD, and copied over my config stuff from the external drive I had been using... I was trying to do the chainloading chameleon that someone had mentioned earlier in this thread, but when I followed the instructions, instead of booting into Clover, it booted into Windows 7.  I did some poking around, and instead of just adding boot1 to the EFI, the clover installer had added boot3, boot6 and boot7.  I deleted those, but that still didn't work right.  It booted into windows recovery instead of clover.  :-/ Finally, I pulled out my trusty ubuntu stick and booted into that.  Did some fiddling with flags in gparted, and set the EFI partition as hidden and then unset it, and made sure it was set to boot.  Rebooted without Ubuntu, and that seemed to do the trick.  In the midst of all this, I realized that there was an option in the Clover boot menu labeled "Exit".  I remembered I had seen a very different interface after selecting that option, and that it was kind of like being in the EFI shell, but with a menu.  I decided to try it.  Lo and behold, I am able to get to the previously undetectable bootx64.efi file on my Win7UEFI Install stick!  It didn't boot completely, but I think I'm on to something...

EDIT:  Well, this isn't going well.  I was only able to get bootx64.efi to boot at least to the windows logo using the above method only once, and after that I just got blank screens.  On top of that, I think the SATA controller in my laptop must be going bad, because I am unable to boot from the internal HDD internally, but if I plug it into a USB port it boots right up... although, if I swap it with the external one I was experimenting with, the external one boots just fine internally... I have no idea what's going on.  However, I am at least able to get to my internal OSX installation externally... now if I can get the Chameleon chain going, I'll be happier, along with the Win7UEFI install stick business...

Edit:  Well, I tried plugging my HDD back into the laptop internally but without the little plastic bezel that screws on to one end, and what do you know, it booted right up... maybe it's the connectors inside that aren't quite right.  Also, I have my laptop on a strut so the back end is raised, and my temperatures dropped about 7-10˚ C.  Small victories.  :-)

One of the lesser known features of Clover is its ability to chainload Chameleon.  This can be useful if you want to determine whether any issues are related to a specific bootloader....

Procedure For Installing Clover to Chainload Chameleon in Yosemite

1. Install Clover into the EFI of your boot drive with the following options and "Use Alternative Booting PBR"

post-846696-0-92428900-1402660837_thumb.

2. Download Chameleon r2378_Yosemite boot file from here and rename it boot1

3. Mount the EFI partition and copy boot1 into it

post-846696-0-13882600-1402661198_thumb.

4. Reboot the computer and when you see Clover's blinking underscore, press the <1> key during the two second pause ----> Chameleon will take over the boot process ----> boot into Yosemite.  If you don't press any key, it automatically defaults to a normal Clover boot.

Ok, so I have done this, and I can boot into Clover, but when I press "1" to boot into Chameleon, the little rotating cursor (which normally would rotate while Chameleon was loading) freezes, and just stays there.  Any ideas?

@lulighttec,

Make sure that you have an /Extra on your OSX volume (with o.c.B.plist, SMBIOS.plist and DarwinX's DSDT) if you want to chainload to Chameleon from Clover.  Also FileNVRAM has compatibility issues with Yosemite so get rid of this module if you're having problems booting OSX 10.10.

PS: you might like to try the newer versions of chameleon (r2380+)  which have kernel autodetection eg  Chameleon_2.2svn_r2380_10.10_CBv2_i386.zip

Edit

I have personally tested r2377, r2378 and r2380_CBv2 on my machine, although I have read r2391 should be OK.

To troubleshoot where the problem lies,

1. Use r2380_CBv2.  Make sure to choose the correct boot file from the downloaded chameleon i386 folder named "boot"

post-846696-0-40184400-1404550404_thumb.png

and rename this boot1 when copied to the EFI partition

2. Remove everything from /Extra except Themes, o.c.B.plist, SMBIOS.plist and DarwinX's DSDT ---> if it works, it indicates a problem with an installed module and chameleon r2380+ (most likely FileNVRAM.dylib).

3. If that doesn't work, replace the chameleon boot file from r2380 with one from r2377.

@lulighttec,

Make sure that you have an /Extra on your OSX volume (with o.c.B.plist, SMBIOS.plist and DarwinX's DSDT) if you want to chainload to chameleon from Clover.  Also FileNVRAM has compatibility issues with Yosemite so get rid of this module if you're having problems booting OSX 10.10.

PS: you might like to try the newer versions of chameleon (r2380+)  which have kernel autodetection eg  Chameleon_2.2svn_r2380_10.10_CBv2_i386.zip

I have all of those things in parentheses from my previous chameleon install (from a week ago), and the version I'm using is 2391.  I don't have Yosemite installed... still on Mavericks.

@lulighttec,

Make sure that you have an /Extra on your OSX volume (with o.c.B.plist, SMBIOS.plist and DarwinX's DSDT) if you want to chainload to Chameleon from Clover.  Also FileNVRAM has compatibility issues with Yosemite so get rid of this module if you're having problems booting OSX 10.10.

Edit

I have personally tested r2377, r2378 and r2380_CBv2 on my machine, although I have read r2391 should be OK.

To troubleshoot where the problem lies,

1. Use r2380_CBv2.  Make sure to choose the correct boot file from the downloaded chameleon i386 folder named "boot"

attachicon.gifchameleon boot file.png

and rename this boot1 when copied to the EFI partition

2. Remove everything from /Extra except Themes, o.c.B.plist, SMBIOS.plist and DarwinX's DSDT ---> if it works, it indicates a problem with an installed module and chameleon r2380+ (most likely FileNVRAM.dylib).

3. If that doesn't work, replace the chameleon boot file from r2380 with one from r2377.

Ok, so, I tried your suggestions... same result on all of them.  The only thing I haven't tried is putting the Extra folder on the EFI partition... but I don't think that should be necessary, and I don't think that's the way it was originally done.  BTW, I have no trouble choosing the correct file to rename.  :-)  Any other ideas?

hi Darwinx can you upload the original prefpanel for the new alps kext? thank you. The linked dropbox folder doesn't work anymore

I did delete the Dropbox hackintosh file collection as it required constant updating, and there didn't seem to be much of an interest for it. Is this what you're looking for?

Trackpad.prefPane.zip

• Like 1

I've tried the kext but the tap and also the left button was out of control, I need to tap 3 or4 times to have the left click. Could be the different panel? do you use the new kext without problems? Only the scroll was better, less speed and more natural scroll. In the comments I've read multitouch but the only thing I've is the two fingers scroll. Do you have zoom and others function with the new kext?

I've tried the kext but the tap and also the left button was out of control, I need to tap 3 or4 times to have the left click. Could be the different panel? do you use the new kext without problems? Only the scroll was better, less speed and more natural scroll. In the comments I've read multitouch but the only thing I've is the two fingers scroll. Do you have zoom and others function with the new kext?

I'm not sure which kext you are referring to exactly; perhaps, you should express yourself with more clarity.

If you're referring to the Rehabman's branch of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, then my experience with it is limited as my current VoodooPS2Controller.kext version 1.1,

which I have been using for years, is fully operational on my system. I do believe that the Rehabman's branch of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext is supposed to be compatible with 

the Apple's native TrackPad.prefpane which obviously eliminates the need for a modified Trackpad.prefpane.

TrackPad.prefPane-v.12.0 (native).zip

• Like 1

sorry for my english, I'm referring to the kext pubblished from fusion71 in the previous page, I was thinking was obvious that I was speaking about the last posted in this tread, only some post ago you asked about the trackpad preference panel... well thank you about the file. good night

So, I just wanted to update you all, in case anyone was interested...

I have been booting from Clover for some time now, and it seems to be working fine... A bit hot, but on a stand so the air flows a little better, and that helps.  I first noticed after I installed Clover, and rebooted, that the first thing it did was boot to Windows 7.  I thought this was odd, but a quick boot into Ubuntu and look at GPartEd told me the boot flag had been changed from EFI to Windows for some reason... I put it back.  

I never was able to get the UEFI Windows install stick working, and I'm still not sure why.  I resorted to trying to get Chameleon to chainload so that i could get to the Windows installation.  :-)  Kind of round-about, but it's a solution.  However, despite my following Fusion71au's instructions to the letter, I could not get Chameleon to chainload without freezing, until I went all the way back to r2286.  That release finally chainloaded without freezing.  That was when I discovered..........................................................................

In my futzing around with Clover, and probably with trying to get chameleon to chainload, I somehow managed to de-sync my MBR/GPT hybrid and ruin my windows booter, and it took me a little while to figure this out, but once I did, this is how I fixed it:

1.  Boot into an Ubuntu Live stick, open GPartEd, and make sure that the boot flag is still set for the EFI Partition.  This is done by right clicking on a partition and then clicking, "Manage Flags".

2.  For the Windows 7 partition, which was still intact, make sure the msftdata and Legacy_boot flags are set.  Don't know if Legacy_boot is actually necessary, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

3.  If you don't already have gptsync installed:  Install Synaptic Package Manager if it isn't already installed.  It's the tops when it comes to ease of installing debian packages.  I went through the Ubuntu software installer to find and install it.

a.  Use Synaptic Package Manager to install gptsync.  

4.  Open a Terminal window.  Assuming your Hybrid GPT/MBR drive is mounted as "/dev/sda" (mine was), type:

sudo gptsync /dev/sda

and hit Enter.  This will compare your GPT with the MBR, and update the MBR to match.  It will then ask if it can write the new MBR, and I chose "Y".  MBR is now synced.

5.  Reboot, and remove Ubuntu stick.

6.  The system should automatically boot into Windows (7, in my case).

7.  Once it does, hit [Windows Key] + R and type 

diskpart

then hit Enter.  This will open a command prompt window with the DiskPart utility already loaded and running.

8.  Type: 

list disk

and hit Enter.  This should bring up a list of disks on the system.  Then, type: 

select disk x

where "x" is the number of the disk with your EFI and other partitions on it.  Mine was number 1.

9.  Type: 

list partition

and you will then see a list of partitions on that disk.  The very first partition should be 200MB in size, and will most likely be labeled "EFI".  Assuming this is the case, type:

select partition 1

10.  Last, type: 

active

This will make DiskPart mark the EFI partition as active once again.  Afterwards, reboot the computer.

For me, once I had marked EFI as active again, when I rebooted, it took me to the Clover boot, where I was able to follow the chainloader to load Chameleon, and then back into Windows from there.  I rebooted once again, and let Clover boot me into OSX, which it did without a hitch.  I realize that most of you guys already know what I spelled out above, but I figured it might be helpful to someone in the same or similar situation as I.  

Now.... if I can just figure out that darn UEFI Windows 7 install stick....  :-/

EDIT (the next day): I figured out the darn UEFI Windows 7 install stick... :-)  I just finished successfully installing UEFI Windows on my test drive, right next to OSX... didn't even disturb clover when it did it.  What I had to do was go into the EFI Shell in clover, and boot from the file on the stick manually.  Once I did that, Windows started installing, and from there on out, Clover picked up the UEFI Windows in the boot menu.  On to the next stage!  Creating migration files for my Windows 7 installation, and reinstalling as UEFI Windows!

Interesting thing that happened: when I first created the partitions on the test drive, I created them as GPT in OSX, so imagine my surprise when UEFI Windows install told me that it was a MBR disk!  I downloaded Gdisk, ran it, and sure enough, somehow there was a MBR with more stuff in it than just protective.  I used Gdisk to overwrite a new protective MBR, and that fixed it.  

Another interesting thing that happened: I have another laptop with UEFI as well as Legacy BIOS, and tried to boot from the UEFI install stick, and it just wouldn't do it... I don't know why, but it just wouldn't recognize that it was UEFI bootable... It did, on the other hand, UEFI boot from the install DVD.  That gave me the idea to try using the DVD with Clover, which eventually led me to try the EFI Shell, etc...

• Like 2

@lulighttec,

Congratulations!  Long journey but got there in the end :hysterical::thumbsup_anim:

It is a quirk of Disk Utility but once you use it to add a FAT32 partition to install Windows, it assumes you need a legacy/bootcamp MBR ---> converts the disk to hybrid MBR :wallbash:.  Therefore if using Disk Utility, leave the partition for Windows as HFS+ and use the Windows installer to convert back to NTFS.

Alternatively, use GDisk - IMHO the best tool to manipulate GPT drives :).

Edit

I think the reason why you couldn't find the bootx64/bootmgfw.efi entry in Clover's menu may have been because UEFI Internal was disabled or hidden as a custom entry - the config.plist from my post #1715 has this section to reduce clutter in the main menu but you need to remove it for a Windows USB installer....

<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Custom</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<array>
				<dict>
					<key>FullTitle</key>
					<string>UEFI Internal</string>
                                        <key>Disabled</key>
					<true/>      <----check that it is not true for Windows installer
					<key>Hidden</key>
					<true/>      <----check that it is not true for Windows installer
					<key>InjectKexts</key>
					<false/>
					<key>NoCaches</key>
					<false/>
					<key>Type</key>
					<string>Other</string>
				</dict>
			</array>
		</dict>

@raimdal,

Did you delete your native trackpad prefpane?  I deleted the file from my dropbox because it is quite a large file (approx 100MB) and you can extract it for yourself from your Mavericks installer anyway (search the "Essentials.pkg" with the Pacifist.app).  If you are really desperate and have lost your installer, let me know & I will re-up for a week or so (it takes a few hours to upload the damn thing!).

• Like 1

@raimdal,

Did you delete your native trackpad prefpane?  I deleted the file from my dropbox because it is quite a large file (approx 100MB) and you can extract it for yourself from your Mavericks installer anyway (search the "Essentials.pkg" with the Pacifist.app).  If you are really desperate and have lost your installer, let me know & I will re-up for a week or so (it takes a few hours to upload the damn thing!).

The native Trackpad.prefPane is a mere 3 MB after you remove the useless touchpad tutorial videos which reside in its Contents/Resources directory.

I have already uploaded it a few posts earier.

• Like 1

Just in case someone is waiting to see if 10.9.4 installs on M1330 without issues, yes it does install without issues same as the previous 10.9.X releases. I just used the App Store to update it and everything went fine again.

Immo

I have dell 1730m I am looking kexts for ethernet and wireless if any one work this device please help

Thank you.

Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

Dell 0NC293 - 8086:4222(8086:1020), 

ethernet

BCM5754M

1672 1028

Today, I thought I might post about how to correctly set Clover's config.plist for successful iMessage activation on our machines.  What is required is

1. El Nono_'s imessage_debug tool

2. Access to a real Mac or Apple Support validated Hackintosh with working iMessages (able to login and logout of iMessage without any "Call Apple Support" errors).  If your XPS is already validated by Apple Support, then you can still use the debug tool to backup your working iMessage settings :).

For Illustration Purposes Only (Serials below are fake)

1.  On your Mac, run the imessage_debug tool by double clicking on it and record the outputs eg copy & paste to text file, say imessage_debug.txt....

Last login: Sun Jul 20 17:46:04 on console
Macintosh:~ xxxxxxx$ /Users/xxxxxxx/Downloads/imessage_debug ; exit;
2014-07-20 17:53:27.769 imessage_debug[2168:507] Gq3489ugfi: <d8c15ff0 e78ee640 3706e44d fe02bcde 8d>
2014-07-20 17:53:27.771 imessage_debug[2168:507] Fyp98tpgj: <f55f3cfc 3b3a06b8 c36c8e3f 4585dd39 e1>
2014-07-20 17:53:27.772 imessage_debug[2168:507] kbjfrfpoJU: <b564e0c3 49a48929 eba1c85f d18faf47 b9>
2014-07-20 17:53:27.772 imessage_debug[2168:507] IOPlatformSerialNumber: CK129U13DB67
2014-07-20 17:53:27.773 imessage_debug[2168:507] IOPlatformUUID: 24A86654-2EBB-5998-A85E-266C65CD7005
2014-07-20 17:53:27.773 imessage_debug[2168:507] board-id: Mac-F2238BAE
2014-07-20 17:53:27.774 imessage_debug[2168:507] product-name: iMac11,3
2014-07-20 17:53:27.774 imessage_debug[2168:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <61d67611 29f2>
2014-07-20 17:53:27.775 imessage_debug[2168:507] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: CK148614DB6F940D2
2014-07-20 17:53:27.775 imessage_debug[2168:507] oycqAZloTNDm: <88d06b7b 2d2161b4 5715fe5a 3a952de4 4b>
2014-07-20 17:53:27.776 imessage_debug[2168:507] abKPld1EcMni: <130d938e 2277b7bc 01f04dd8 e25ce8e0 28>
logout

[Process completed]

2.  Also open up OSX terminal & run the command below to determine the system-id of your Mac....

Macintosh:~ xxxxxxx$ ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id
    |       "system-id" = <a8dd17a0cf104323984129a9f08c1d49>

Again, copy and paste the output to a text file eg imessage_debug.txt

3.  On your hack, open Clover's config.plist with Clover Configurator and enter the serials you obtained in steps 1 & 2 into the corresponding SMBIOS, Rt Variables & System Parameters sections....

• IOPlatformSerialNumber---->Enter 12 character SerialNumber key in SMBIOS section of config.plist
  • IOPlatformUUID ----> Enter SmUUID key in SMBIOS section (32 characters separated by dashes ie XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

The System-ID of the Mac is related to its IOPlatformUUID and infact used to calculate IOPlatformUUID through some hashing process (but the

two values are never the same).  To find its value, I typed in terminal: ioreg -l -p IODeviceTree | grep \"system-id

So System-ID ----> Enter CustomUUID key in SystemParameters section (32 characters separated by dashes ie XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-

XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX).  Also set InjectSystemID to true in the config.plist.

• ROM: <xxxxxxxx xxxx> ----> Enter 12 character ROM key in RtVariables section of config.plist (12 characters without the space).
  • MLB: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ----> Enter 17 character MLB in RtVariables section and also in BoardSerialNumber SMBIOS key

post-846696-0-88796500-1405859393_thumb.png

post-846696-0-78568200-1405859425_thumb.png

post-846696-0-84137400-1405859455_thumb.png

4.  After rebooting your hackintosh, run the debug tool again and confirm the MLB, ROM, IOPlatformUUID, IOPlatformSerialNumber are identical to your Mac's.  When you click "About this Mac", you'll also notice it will specify the model of your "donor" Mac but this is just cosmetic since the rest of the SMBIOS values are MBP 5,1.

The theory and history of the iMessage fix I've posted in the Clover General Discussion thread and @heryts iMessage thread.  Initially, Apple did not check whether MLB and ROM values were genuine or not, as long as they were the correct length (17 digits and 12 digits long), everything worked.  More recently, it seems Apple's servers are checking for genuine serials, hence the need for access to a real Mac/validated Hack.  With this method, you will not require a credit card attached to your apple-ID :).

EditFor chameleon users with FileNVRAM, you can change your MLB and ROM using terminal commands.  In the above example, we want to set ROM=61d6761129f2 & MLB=CK148614DB6F940D2, so type the following....

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%61%d6%76%11%29%f2

sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB=CK148614DB6F940D2

Note ROM is represented as: %<byte as two hex char>%<byte as two hex char>%<byte as two hex char>...

and not as sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=61d6761129f2

The other serials are entered into your SMBIOS.plist:

IOPlatformSerialNumber---->Enter 12 character SMserial key and SMchassisserial key

System-ID ----> Enter SMsystemuuid key (32 characters separated by dashes ie XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX)

Sample SMBIOS.plist using Serials from iMessage_debug

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>05/05/09</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508</string>
<key>SMboardassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMboardlocation</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42D86C8</string>
<key>SMboardserial</key>
<string>CK148614DB6F940D2</string>
<key>SMsystemuuid</key>
<string>a8dd17a0-cf10-4323-9841-29a9f08c1d49</string>
<key>SMboardtype</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>SMboardversion</key>
<string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
<key>SMchassisassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMchassismanufacturer</key>
<key>SMchassisserial</key>
<string>CK129U13DB67</string>
<key>SMchassistype</key>
<string>13</string>
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<string>Mac-F42D86C8</string>
<key>SMcpuassettag</key>
<string>Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz</string>
<key>SMcpumanufacturer</key>
<string>Intel(R) Corporation</string>
<key>SMcpupartnumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuserial</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuupgrade</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>CK129U13DB67</string>
<key>SMskunumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>
  • Like 2

test. Promises you nothing

I try  install with kext wizard but its not loaded.

@indiandragon 

So, I just got a little ASMedia AKE Express 54 USB 3.0 and eSATA card for my laptop, and am having trouble getting 10.9.4 to recognize it.  Any ideas?  I had heard you had experience with such things, after stumbling across your blog...

Also, Battery indicator isn't displaying correctly... not sure what that's about... seem to remember hearing something about it much earlier in this thread...

Hi Guys,

Slice has just released the latest iteration of his FakeSMC 3.3.1 and hardware sensors compatible with OSX 10.6-10.10 and our machines.

All working well, choosing the below options to install FakeSMC, GeforceSensor, IntelCPUMonitor, PC8739x and HWInfo.kext....

post-846696-0-19626500-1406552786_thumb.png

post-846696-0-08545200-1406552804_thumb.png

The included NWMonitor now works reliably in Mavericks and Yosemite (hooray!)....

post-846696-0-30836400-1406552947_thumb.png

however iStat Menus gives incorrect frequency readings (like previously with sensors from Slice's FakeSMC branch)....

post-846696-0-08234500-1406553121_thumb.png

• Like 2