[GUIDE] Making a DSDT.aml for Dell XPS M1330, XPS M1530, and XPS M1730

immo

2,030 posts in this topic

Some Clover News (I hope people are not too bored with this :)).

From terminal

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

On a completely experimental level, I was able to boot my machine without a patched DSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched by using Clover's dynamic dsdt patching.  Clover uses the native dsdt from BIOS and applies some inbuilt patches to it.  This might be of use eg for noobs who are unable to extract & patch dsdts for themselves (and where some kind soul hasn't already provided one)- see following screenshot from Clover Configurator for the patches used:

post-846696-0-41955100-1390809306_thumb.png

Sleep/shutdown don't work completely but otherwise stable (so I'm still tweaking)- I'm guessing because not all our dsdt edits are available for selection with dynamic patching.  Just proves that manual dsdt editing is still better than automatic :) .

Edit Update:

Sleep now works after enabling the following USB options in the Devices section with Clover Configurator

post-846696-0-29441200-1391038944_thumb.png

Below is the corresponding config.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>DSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Debug</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ReuseFFFF</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Name</key>
			<string>BIOS.aml</string>
			<key>Fixes</key>
			<dict>
				<key>AddDTGP_0001</key>
				<true/>
				<key>AddMCHC_0008</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FakeLPC_0020</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixAirport_4000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDarwin_0002</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixDisplay_0100</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixFirewire_0800</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHDA_8000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixHPET_0010</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixIDE_0200</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixIPIC_0040</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixLAN_2000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixSATA_0400</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FixSBUS_0080</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixShutdown_0004</key>
				<true/>
				<key>FixUSB_1000</key>
				<true/>
				<key>NewWay_80000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_RTC_20000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FiX_TMR_40000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>AddIMEI_80000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_INTELGFX_100000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FiX_WAK_200000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>DeleteUnused_400000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_ADP1_800000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>AddPNLF_1000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_S3D_2000000</key>
				<false/>
				<key>FIX_ACST_4000000</key>
				<false/>
			</dict>
			<key>DropOEM_DSM</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>DropOem</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Boot</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Log</key>
		<false/>
		<key>Timeout</key>
		<integer>5</integer>
		<key>XMPDetection</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>Secure</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>Devices</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Audio</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<string>No</string>
		</dict>
		<key>USB</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Inject</key>
			<true/>
			<key>FixOwnership</key>
			<true/>
			<key>AddClockID</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>GUI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>ScreenResolution</key>
		<string>1440x900</string>
		<key>Theme</key>
		<string>BGM</string>
		<key>Mouse</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Enabled</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
		<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Entries</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
			<key>Legacy</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
	</dict>
	<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<dict>
		<key>BoardType</key>
		<integer>10</integer>
		<key>ChassisType</key>
		<integer>8</integer>
		<key>SmUUID</key>
		<string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		<key>BiosReleaseDate</key>
		<string>05/05/09</string>
		<key>Version</key>
		<string>1.0</string>
		<key>SerialNumber</key>
		<string>XXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		<key>Manufacturer</key>
		<string>Apple Computer, Inc.</string>
		<key>BoardManufacturer</key>
		<key>BoardSerialNumber</key>
		<string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		<key>ChassisAssetTag</key>
		<string>MacBook-Aluminum</string>
		<key>BiosVendor</key>
		<key>ChassisManufacturer</key>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508</string>
		<key>Board-ID</key>
		<string>Mac-F42D86C8</string>
		<key>Family</key>
		<string>MacBook Pro</string>
		<key>ProductName</key>
		<string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
		<key>Mobile</key>
		<true/>
		<key>Trust</key>
		<false/>
	</dict>
	<key>RtVariables</key>
	<dict>
		<key>MLB</key>
		<string>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
	</dict>
	<key>SystemParameters</key>
	<dict>
		<key>CustomUUID</key>
		<string>XXXXXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXXX</string>
		<key>InjectSystemID</key>
		<true/>
	</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Sleep initiation can take 10-20 secs - just be patient and wait until you can't hear the fans anymore :)This config.plist should also work on other Intel 965PM based laptops (at least theoretically) so anyone with say an XPS m1330 want to try and give feedback.............?

• Like 1

Some Clover News (I hope people are not too bored with this :)).

From terminal

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 29

On a completely experimental level, I was able to boot my machine without a patched DSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched by using Clover's dynamic dsdt patching.  Clover uses the native dsdt from BIOS and applies some inbuilt patches to it.  This might be of use eg for noobs who are unable to extract & patch dsdts for themselves (and where some kind soul hasn't already provided one)- see following screenshots from Clover Configurator for the patches used:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 6.39.11 pm.png

Sleep/shutdown don't work completely but otherwise stable (so I'm still tweaking)- I'm guessing because not all our dsdt edits are available for selection with dynamic patching.  Just proves that manual dsdt editing is still better than automatic :) .

I for one am not bored with your posts...  In fact, I've made the switch to Clover with the help of your guide on the linked page and all is running exceptionally well!  Much thanks to this forum for keeping this beast of a laptop running OSX since day one...

A couple of notes:

- If you are interesting in testing out Clover, start by installing to a USB drive.  This worked best for me by formatting a GUID drive with 1 HFS+ Journaled partition.  Once you are satisfied, you can install the Clover bootloader to your OSX disk and copy over your USB EFI files.

- Format the destination drive's EFI partition (replacing disk9 with the appropriate disk)

diskutil list
newfs_msdos -v EFI -F 32 /dev/rdisk9s1

- Install Clover using fusion71au's settings in the above post

- Put the appropriate files (again, detailed in fusion71au's post) in the appropriate EFI folders.

- Reboot

The hard drive on my m1530 is Advance Formatted (4k) so I had to complete a few additional steps (similar to my initial install of Chameleon) in order to install Clover to the OSX drive.  Following the above:

- Copy the 3 attached files (fdisk440, boot1f32, bootaf) to the root of a USB drive with 1 partition called USB

- boot from a disk (not partition) other than your OSX disk (I used a USB installer)

- Open disk Utility and unmount all partitions on the drive you wish to install Clover on

- Close Disk Utility and open Terminal

- Execute the following (replacing disk9 with the appropriate disk)

diskutil list
/Volumes/USB/fdisk440 -u -f /Volumes/USB/boot0af -y /dev/disk9
dd if=/dev/rdisk9s1 count=1 bs=512 of=/Volumes/USB/origbs
cp /Volumes/USB/boot1f32 /Volumes/USB/newbs
dd if=/Volumes/USB/origbs of=/Volumes/USB/newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc
dd if=/Volumes/USB/newbs of=/dev/rdisk9s1

- Reboot

Fusion71au, keeping your Clover configuration post up do date would be most helpful.  To all the contributors to this community, keep up the great work!

Clover_boot.zip

• Like 2

I often use the console app to diagnose problems in OSX and thought I'd share some solutions to a few common errors that can spam the console.  These errors can also cause excessive CPU use when you leave the console open:

SMC Errors eg

PM kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode---->on boot

PM kernel[0]: SMC::setPowerState ERROR: smcPublishSleepCause failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)----->after sleep/wake

PM kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F7ID kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8011138400---->with HWmonitor plugins installed

post-846696-0-05037300-1390907508_thumb.png

These can removed by regressing AppleSMC.kext to a 10.8.4 version (attached).

Spotlight failing to index mounted FAT volumes

When a FAT32 or exFAT volume is mounted (esp FAT32 EFI partition like on my Clover USB booter), spotlight will try to index it and fail, which can lead to a cascade of console errors ---->CPU 100%---->System hang

post-846696-0-39337500-1391069209_thumb.png

One solution is to add the location you want to exclude from indexing to Spotlight's Privacy Tab in System Preferences.  To permanently disable spotlight on a specific volume/partition, navigate to that volume in terminal and type the following command

touch .metadata_never_index

AppleSMC.kext.zip

• Like 1

I often use the console app to diagnose problems in OSX and thought I'd share some solutions to a few common errors that can spam the console.  These errors can also cause excessive CPU use when you leave the console open:

SMC Errors eg

PM kernel[0]: SMC::smcInitHelper ERROR: MMIO regMap == NULL - fall back to old SMC mode---->on boot

PM kernel[0]: SMC::setPowerState ERROR: smcPublishSleepCause failed (kSMCKeyNotFound)----->after sleep/wake

PM kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F7ID kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8011138400---->with HWmonitor plugins installed

These can removed by regressing AppleSMC.kext to a 10.8.4 version (attached).

The attached AppleSMC.kext version 3.1.6 is actually from the OS X 10.9.1.

• Like 1

@DarwinX,

I found the kext over at OSX.net.  It is the binary kext from 10.8.4 (see comment from nyolc8) with the version string upgraded to Mavericks 3.1.6  :yes: .

Well, that makes sense. I did notice the difference in the file size. 

PS Congratulations on your 600th post :thumbsup_anim:

Thank You, sir. What a feat! :hyper:

It is hard for me to believe that after all these years, I am still "hackintoshing".  :frantics:

@lulighttec,

Working rock solid on my machine since I've replaced chameleon on my hard drive and converted to full GPT partitioning scheme.......also booting from USB should in no way touch your HD install and your chameleon settings.......

Could you attach a screenshot (press F10) &/or debug.log (enable boot logging in Clover:  Open the config.plist file with Clover Configurator and under the "Boot" tab, tick "Log".  While you are at it, also ensure that Clover's automatic drive scanning is on: click the "Yes" button next to "Scan" under the GUI tab.  After booting with logging enabled, you should find debug.log in /EFI/CLOVER/misc folder).

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-11 at 11.03.43 pm.jpg

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-01-11 at 11.06.41 pm.jpg

• How did you format the USB you installed Clover on?  Mine is Fat32, mbr type.  Also for my USB flashdrive, I chose the same install options as BatCountry except Install Clover in the ESP (since the USB did not have an EFI partition) -

attachicon.gifClover Install Settings Batcountry.png

• Did you follow my instructions in post #1605 and use the provided config.plist file or did you create your own config.plist?  The one I provided should work (make sure to install BGM theme or all themes).
  • Do you have a patched AppleRTC.kext in S/L/E?  Do you need to reset your BIOS settings?  I'm wondering whether you are experiencing a CMOS reset....
  • Also doublecheck your BIOS settings: is AHCI enabled?  Make sure USB boot has first priority.

NB I used to have a hybrid mbr like you but Clover does not play well with legacy windows entries on our machines (will cause windows boot to hang, OSX works fine).  Dual booting is possible by converting your drive to full GPT and installing UEFI windows ---> boot with windows bootmgrfw.efi or bootx64.efi (see post #1611).

LOL just noticed this is my 101st post and I've been promoted from "Protege" to "Geek" :hysterical: .  I'd like to thank everyone @Insanelymac and especially my forum buddies in this DSDT thread :D

fusion71au,

here is what happens.  I put in my clover USB stick, and it only detects itself.  then I pull it out and try to reboot, and the screenshot below is what I get.  it will continue doing this until I put a chameleon stick in and try to boot.  It doesn't boot anything, but after a hard reboot from the chameleon on the HDD everything seems to return to normal.  Also, I tried following your steps very carefully, and since I have tried booting from the USB stick my sleep has stopped working properly.  It is quite frustrating.  I think all I want right now is to get my sleep working again and then i will leave it alone, as I do have a hybrid configuration and there aren't any utilities that work with UEFI right now, and I don't have the circumstances to reinstall windows yet again.

P.S.  Sorry about the upside down shot... 

post-1036148-0-44510300-1391061530_thumb.jpg

@lulighttec,

It looks like a hardware/BIOS problem (before Clover takes over full control of the machine) to me......even your chameleon stick has issues with booting your HD......

Can you please confirm you have reset BIOS (press F2 to access) to default settings with SATA mode set to AHCI, USB boot set as first priority and using my config.plist from post #1605 in EFI/CLOVER of your stick?

post-846696-0-80435400-1391068102_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-09641900-1391068139_thumb.jpg

post-846696-0-82977200-1391068157_thumb.jpg

If you google the exact error in your screenshot, you get posts like this which suggest a likely hardware issue (your HD or motherboard might be on its last legs) :worried_anim: .

If you have a spare USB HD, you can format it GUID and install OSX and UEFI Windows....I assure you if your hardware is OK, dual booting with Clover works perfectly fine from the USB HD and you will still have full sleep, shutdown etc functionality (see my post #1611).  There is a free program WinToUSB which makes setting up Windows on external drives much easier.

If you don't want to risk or don't have the time to change over to UEFI Windows and full GPT disk, I would recommend sticking with Chameleon and your hybrid mbr.  I would also strongly recommend backups to external media and running Dell's diagnostic programs.......

Edit

Given that you say your HD scans OK, I suspect a flaky BIOS.  You've said in the past that your temps have been high so maybe this has caused hardware malfunction in your motherboard's BIOS.....

• can you provide your Clover debug.log (+ config.plist used) like I requested previously...you said it booted to the GUI but couldn't find your HD so the debug log should provide something useful.....
  • What are the results of the Dell Diagnostic Utility Scan (have you run it?)
  • What are details of your HD?  Is it advanced format 4k like danofun's?

PS:  Part of the problem maybe you are not shutting down the computer gracefully when Clover can't find your hard disk.  Clover shortcuts include pressing "U" for shutdown at the Clover GUI.

Edit2

Try installing boot0ss instead of boot0af for your Clover USB.  If you have boot0af, it will try to boot Windows legacy first (if the Windows partition is flagged as active)---> machine will hang.  On our machines, only UEFI Windows works with Clover.  Refer clover wiki:

"Install boot0ss in MBR - Boot utilising boot0ss, i.e. searching an HFS+ partition, even if it is not active. No active flag will be set. Useful for dual-boot configurations with Windows where Windows needs to be on an active partition."

@lulighttec,

It looks like a hardware/BIOS problem (before Clover takes over full control of the machine) to me......even your chameleon stick has issues with booting your HD......

Can you please confirm you have reset BIOS (press F2 to access) to default settings with SATA mode set to AHCI, USB boot set as first priority and using my config.plist from post #1605 in EFI/CLOVER of your stick?

attachicon.gifphoto 2.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPG

attachicon.gifphoto 3.JPG

If you google the exact error in your screenshot, you get posts like this which suggest a likely hardware issue (your HD or motherboard might be on its last legs) :worried_anim: .

If you have a spare USB HD, you can format it GUID and install OSX and UEFI Windows....I assure you if your hardware is OK, dual booting with Clover works perfectly fine from the USB HD and you will still have full sleep,shutdown etc functionality (see my post #1611). There is a free program WinToUSB which makes setting up Windows on external drives much easier.

If you don't want to risk or have the time changing over to UEFI Windows and full GPT disk, I would recommend sticking with Chameleon and your hybrid mbr. I would also strongly recommend backups to external media and running Dell's diagnostic programs.......

it is as you say, except that my HDD is absolutely fine (no detection errors) until I try to use the clover USB stick.  

Hi guys,

There is an interesting article over at OSX Latitude about FakeSMC performance tuning.  Mirko888 & xangel9626 in the Inspiron 1720 thread have reported better speed steppings and reduced temps by tweaking info.plist inside FakeSMC.kext.

For the XPSm1530, using the latest Kozlek FakeSMC ver 6.0.1079, I changed the following values in the info.plist under IOKitPersonalities/FakeSMC/Configuration/Keys:

smc-mcp ----> smc-montevina mcp is correct

REV 01470F00 0002--->  01330F00 0008

RVBF 01470F00 0002--> 01330F00 0008

RVUF 01470F00 0002--> 01330F00 0008

The above values are consistent with the hardware of a mbp 5,1 SMC version 1.33f8

post-846696-0-20070500-1391212204_thumb.png

The machine seems to spend more time at lower steppings and subjectively, temps seem to spend longer periods in the lower range (compare with my screenshot in post #1626):

post-846696-0-54205400-1391212345_thumb.png

post-846696-0-31512200-1391224484_thumb.png

Note:  Using Kozlek's FakeSMC, you will lose Slice's LPC plugin so no more system fan speed and motherboard temps (compare with this).

However, CPU/GPU temps are read correctly and iStat Menus and the HWMonitor (compatible with Mavericks) now show correct frequencies.

Attached Files:  Latest FakeSMC.kext ver 6.0.1079 and HWMonitor.app

FakeSMC tuning.zip

Hi all. Sorry for being MIA for a while. I hate to say it but it's probably going to happen again.

As always, thank you for posting your experiences, especially DarwinX.

This weekend, I finally got to install Mavericks. I did a read through how all of you did it, but I wanted to try it the way I hoped it would work, and fortunately it did! As I have an M1330, results on M1530 may vary.

This is how I upgraded my Mountain Lion (10.8.4) to Mavericks (10.9.1) without doing a fresh install.

1. Backup EVERYTHING. If you follow these instructions you will probably lose all of your data! (Really you probably won't and everything worked smooth for me, but still backup everything!)

2. Install newest Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard on top of the working Mountain Lion installation.

3. Install/replace the following kexts within your Mountain Lion installation, all found in DarwinX's package posted here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/190780-guide-making-a-dsdtaml-for-dell-xps-m1330-xps-m1530-and-xps-m1730/?p=1980769

FakeSMC.kext

AppleHDADisabler.kext

ACPIBatteryManager.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

VoodooPS2Controller.kext

(A couple of these you probably already have).

4. Configure your SMBIOS.plist to be a MacBook5,2, and install my latest DSDT on the first post. This is the step that I think a number of you did different, because you had higher temperatures and needed additional DSDT patches to get the temps down. I'm running with Mavericks and the DSDT as is on the first post and am running at 59C CPU and 64C GPU (I have the copper mod and Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste which helps keep the temps down, but still, this is as good or maybe a little better than Mountain Lion was).

Why MacBook5,2?

- Sold with same CPU as found in my M1330, the T8300 (2.4GHz), which may help OS-X validate it as a Mac.

- Uses speed stepping built into the bios, i.e. it uses Dell's speed stepping. I read that a few of you have been dumping and putting SSDTs into your DSDT or using the Chameleon GeneratePStates option, but neither of these are necessary if you use MacBook5,2.

5. Use Champlist to generate a valid MacBook5,2 serial.

6. Make sure everything is working smoothly in Mountain Lion as a MacBook5,2 and the first post DSDT. If you did everything right, you should be able to use FaceTime and iMessage, and your speed stepping should be working well (lowest speed most of the time, in my case 800MHz, and fastest speed under heavy load, my case 2400MHz. You can monitor it with the HWMonitor included in FakeSMC in DarwinX's post. Old HWMonitor apps may crash your computer (I learned the hard way).

7. Make a bootable USB key from the Mavericks install downloaded from the app store. Guide here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280756-guide-the-all-in-one-guide-to-vanilla-os-x-including-chameleon-dsdt-for-beginners-updated-for-mavericks/

(same guide I recommended for Mountain Lion, and it has been updated to Mavericks)

Do not put in any kexts or patches yet.

8. Install all the kexts listed in Step 3 above onto the USB key in System/Library/Extensions. I used Champlist to install the kexts. Copy your Extra folder from your Mountain Lion installation to the USB key.

9. Use Chameleon Wizard to install Chameleon onto the USB key.

10. Boot off the USB key, install, and choose your existing Mountain Lion partition. It will upgrade, leaving all your data, even the extra DSDTs such as FakeSMC.kext completely intact! It will however botch the Chameleon install.

11. When done upgrading, it will try to restart and in my case hung, just turn it off and on again, and when booting press the F12 key to bring up the boot menu.

12. Boot off the USB key, and use Chameleon to boot the just upgraded partition. In my case, it just worked!

13. Use Chameleon Wizard to reinstall Chameleon onto your upgraded to Mavericks install. You can now restart your computer and boot off the hard drive. You're done!

Note: first I tried the DSDT patches that some of you used to get your temps down, and OS-X wouldn't even boot. It gave a black screen shortly after showing the loading ring. This may be related to the MacBook5,2 selection.

Funny side note: it was easier to upgrade my M1330 Hackintosh to Mavericks than my wife's real MacBook (late 2010). Her's started to upgrade, and than gave this error: "The OS X upgrade couldn't be started because disk is damaged and can't be repaired", and left it in an unbootable broken state. Awesome!

Hopefully this helps someone, as late to the party as I am.

Immo

• Like 3

Thanks.

I will have a look.

I've got a discussion with Slice about VoodooHDA, and  I try to provide him as much information as possible. For that, I need someone with a VoodooHDA working on an XPS 1330 for comparison. Thanks for your help :).

Sorry you posted this months ago. I've got working internal speakers on mine. I'm not sure what's useful here so I just posted the whole thing (am I using the same getdump util that you are?)

pcmAttach: HDA Sigmatel STAC9228X PCM #0 Analog at cad 0 nid 1
+--------------------------------------+
| DUMPING PCM Playback/Record Channels |

Playback:

Stream cap: 0x00000001
                 PCM
        PCM cap: 0x000e07e0
                 16 20 24 bits, 44 48 88 96 176 192 KHz
            DAC: 2

Record:

PCM
            ADC: 7

+-------------------------------+
| DUMPING Playback/Record Paths |

Playback:

nid=13 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
      |
      + <- nid=2 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00008001

nid=10 [pin: Headphones (Black Front)]
      |

Record:

nid=7 [audio input]
      |
      + <- nid=27 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
             |
             + <- nid=24 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
                    |
                    + <- nid=21 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
                           |
                           + <- nid=14 [pin: Microphone (Black Front)] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001

+-------------------------+
| DUMPING Volume Controls |

Master Volume (OSS: vol)
   |
   +- control  1 (nid   2 out):    dir - out oss: vol, pcm -95/+0dB (128 steps) + mute

PCM Volume (OSS: pcm)
   |
   +- control  1 (nid   2 out):    dir - out oss: vol, pcm -95/+0dB (128 steps) + mute

Microphone Volume (OSS: mic)
   |
   +- control  3 (nid  21 out):    dir - in oss: mic +0/+40dB (5 steps)
   +- control  5 (nid  27 out):    dir - in oss: mic, rec mute

Recording Level (OSS: rec)
   |
   +- control  4 (nid  24 in   0): dir - in oss: rec +0/+21dB (15 steps)

OSS mixer initialization...
Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 21 source 0 select
Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 24 source 0 select
Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 27 source 0 select
Registering PCM channels...
pcmAttach: HDA Sigmatel STAC9228X PCM #1 Analog at cad 0 nid 1

Playback:

PCM
            DAC: 5

Record:

PCM
            ADC: 8

Playback:

nid=15 [pin: Line-out (Black Front)]
      |
      + <- nid=5 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00000001

Record:

nid=8 [audio input]
      |
      + <- nid=28 [audio selector] [src: monitor] bindSeq=00000001
             |
             + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)] [src: monitor] bindSeq=00000001

|
   +- control  2 (nid   5 out):    dir - out oss: vol, pcm -95/+0dB (128 steps) + mute

|
   +- control  2 (nid   5 out):    dir - out oss: vol, pcm -95/+0dB (128 steps) + mute

Microphone2 Volume (OSS: monitor)
   |
   +- control  6 (nid  28 out):    dir - in oss: rec, monitor mute

|

Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 28 source 1 select
pcmAttach: HDA Sigmatel STAC9228X PCM #2 Digital at cad 0 nid 1

Playback:

Stream cap: 0x00000005
                 AC3 PCM
            DAC: 30

Playback:

nid=33 [pin: Digital-out (Black HDMI)]
      |
      + <- nid=30 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00000001

FG config/quirks: forcestereo ivref50 ivref80 ivref100 ivref
HP switch init...

+-------------------+
| DUMPING HDA NODES |
+-------------------+

Default Parameter
-----------------
                 PCM
         IN amp: 0x00050e00
        OUT amp: 0x80027f7f

nid: 2
           Name: audio output
     Widget cap: 0x000d0c05
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00008001)
            OSS: pcm (pcm)
                 PCM
     Output amp: 0x80027f7f
                 mute=1 step=127 size=2 offset=127
     Output val: [0x55 0x55]

nid: 3 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
                 PCM
     Output val: [0xFF 0xFF]

nid: 4 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
                 PCM

nid: 5
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
    Association: 1 (0x00000001)
                 PCM

nid: 6 [DISABLED]
           Name: vendor widget
     Widget cap: 0x00fd0c05
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO

nid: 7
           Name: audio input
     Widget cap: 0x001d0541
                 PWR PROC STEREO
    Association: 2 (0x00000001)
                 PCM
    connections: 1 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=27 [audio selector]

nid: 8
                 PWR PROC STEREO
    Association: 3 (0x00000001)
                 PCM
          |
          + <- nid=28 [audio selector]

nid: 9 [DISABLED]
                 PWR PROC STEREO
                 PCM
          |
          + <- nid=29 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 10
           Name: pin: Headphones (Black Front)
     Widget cap: 0x00400181
                 UNSOL STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00008000)
        Pin cap: 0x0000173f
                 ISC TRQD PDC HP OUT IN VREF[ 50 80 GROUND HIZ ]
     Pin config: 0x0221101f
    Pin control: 0x000000c0 HP OUT
    connections: 2 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=2 [audio output] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=3 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 11 [DISABLED]
           Name: pin: Other (None)
                 UNSOL STEREO
     Pin config: 0x40f000f0
    Pin control: 0x00000000
    connections: 2 enabled 2
          |
          + <- nid=3 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 12 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00001737
                 ISC TRQD PDC OUT IN VREF[ 50 80 GROUND HIZ ]
     Pin config: 0x40f000f1
          |

nid: 13
           Name: pin: Speaker (Analog)
                 UNSOL STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00000001)
     Pin config: 0x90170110
    Pin control: 0x00000040 OUT
          |
          + <- nid=2 [audio output]

nid: 14
           Name: pin: Microphone (Black Front)
                 UNSOL STEREO
            OSS: mic (mic)
     Pin config: 0x02a11030
    Pin control: 0x00000024 IN VREFs
    connections: 1 enabled 0
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=4 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 15
           Name: pin: Line-out (Black Front)
                 UNSOL STEREO
     Pin config: 0x02011020
          |
          + <- nid=5 [audio output]

nid: 16 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00000037
                 ISC TRQD PDC OUT IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f2
          |
          + <- nid=4 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 17 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
                 ISC TRQD PDC OUT IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f3
          |

nid: 18 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00400001
                 STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00000020
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f4

nid: 19
           Name: pin: Microphone (Digital)
                 STEREO
            OSS: monitor (monitor)
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x90a60040
    Pin control: 0x00000020 IN

nid: 20 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f5

nid: 21
           Name: audio selector
     Widget cap: 0x0030010d
                 STEREO
            OSS: mic
     Output amp: 0x00270400
                 mute=0 step=4 size=39 offset=0
     Output val: [0x02 0x02]
    connections: 9 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=14 [pin: Microphone (Black Front)] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=18 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=15 [pin: Line-out (Black Front)]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=11 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=12 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=13 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=10 [pin: Headphones (Black Front)]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=16 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=17 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]

nid: 22 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
     Output val: [0x00 0x00]
    connections: 9 enabled 4
          |
          + <- nid=15 [pin: Line-out (Black Front)]
          + <- nid=13 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
          + <- nid=10 [pin: Headphones (Black Front)]

nid: 23 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
    Association: -2 (0x00000000)
          |

nid: 24
     Widget cap: 0x00300103
                 STEREO
      Input amp: 0x00050e00
                 mute=0 step=14 size=5 offset=0
      Input val: [0x0B 0x0B] 
          |
          + <- nid=21 [audio selector]

nid: 25 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
      Input val: [0x00 0x00] 
          |
          + <- nid=22 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 26 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
          |
          + <- nid=23 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 27
     Widget cap: 0x0030090d
                 LRSWAP STEREO
     Output amp: 0x80000000
                 mute=1 step=0 size=0 offset=0
    connections: 3 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=24 [audio selector] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=20 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]

nid: 28
                 LRSWAP STEREO
            OSS: monitor
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=25 [audio selector] [DISABLED]
          + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)] (selected)

nid: 29 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP STEREO
     Output val: [0x80 0x80]
    connections: 3 enabled 2
          |
          + <- nid=26 [audio selector] [DISABLED] (selected)
          + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)]

nid: 30
     Widget cap: 0x00040211
                 DIGITAL STEREO
    Association: 4 (0x00000001)
                 AC3 PCM

nid: 31 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00f30201
                 DIGITAL STEREO

nid: 32 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00140311
                 DIGITAL STEREO
                 AC3 PCM
        PCM cap: 0x000e0160
                 16 20 24 bits, 44 48 96 KHz
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=34 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]

nid: 33
           Name: pin: Digital-out (Black HDMI)
     Widget cap: 0x00400301
                 DIGITAL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00000010
                 OUT
     Pin config: 0x185610a0
    connections: 5 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=30 [audio output] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=31 [vendor widget] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=27 [audio selector]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=28 [audio selector]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=29 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 34 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00430681
                 PWR DIGITAL UNSOL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00010024
                 PDC IN EAPD
     Pin config: 0x40f000f6
           EAPD: 0x00000002

nid: 35
           Name: beep widget
     Widget cap: 0x0070000c
            OSS: speaker (speaker)
     Output amp: 0x00170303
                 mute=0 step=3 size=23 offset=3
     Output val: [0x03 0x00]

nid: 36 [DISABLED]
           Name: volume widget
     Widget cap: 0x00600000
    connections: 4 enabled 4
          |
  • Like 1

For those of you who are interested, here is my latest and most complete SMBios.plist which reflects all of the latest Chameleon SMBios developments.

Reference forum thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries

The main benefit of this improved SMBios implementation is a more complete and accurate bdmesg output with automatically masked serial numbers under the main branch of Chameleon

Insert your own uniquely generated serial numbers and leave the blank fields blank to allow those fields to be auto generated by the Chameleon via the bdmesg.

<plist>
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<key>SMboardassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMboardlocation</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<key>SMboardserial</key>
<string>F47802736F2JLC04G</string>
<key>SMboardtype</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>SMboardversion</key>
<key>SMchassisassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMchassismanufacturer</key>
<key>SMchassisserial</key>
<string>XA8271611G0</string>
<key>SMchassistype</key>
<string>13</string>
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<key>SMcpuassettag</key>
<string>Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz</string>
<key>SMcpumanufacturer</key>
<string>Intel(R) Corporation</string>
<key>SMcpupartnumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuserial</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuupgrade</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<key>SMserial</key>
<key>SMskunumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz, family 0x6, model 0x17

SMBIOS rev.: 2.4, DMI rev.: 2.4

Handle: 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
Version: MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508
Release Date: 05/05/09
BIOS Revision: 0.1

Handle: 0x0100, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
System Information
Manufacturer: Apple Inc.
Product Name: MacBookPro5,1
Version: 1.2
Serial Number: ** PRIVATE **
UUID: ** PRIVATE **
Wake-up Type: Power Switch
SKU Number: Not Specified
Family: MacBookPro

Handle: 0x0200, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
Product Name: Mac-F42D86C8
Version: MacBookPro5,1
Asset Tag: Not Specified
Location In Chassis: Part Component
Type: Motherboard

Handle: 0x0300, DMI type 3, 20 bytes
Chassis Information
Type: All in One
Version: Mac-F42D86C8

Handle: 0x0400, DMI type 4, 38 bytes
Processor Information
Socket Designation: Microprocessor
Type: Central Processor
Family: 0xBF
Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation
ID: 0x10676
Version: Not Specified
External Clock: 199 MHz
Max Speed: 2493 MHz
Current Speed: 2500 MHz
Upgrade: ZIF Socket
Serial Number: Not Specified
Asset Tag: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Part Number: Not Specified
Core Count: 2
Core Enabled: 2
Thread Count: 2

Handle: 0x0b00, DMI type 11, 5 bytes
OEM Strings
String 1: Dell System
String 2: 5[0003]
String 3: 13[PP25L]

Handle: 0x1100, DMI type 17, 27 bytes
Memory Device
Error Information Handle: 0xffff
Locator: DIMM_A
Bank Locator: Not Specified
Memory Type: DDR2 SDRAM
Speed: 666 MHz
Manufacturer: Hynix Semiconductor
Asset Tag: 000813
Part Number: HYMP125S64CP8-Y5

Handle: 0x1101, DMI type 17, 27 bytes
Memory Device
Locator: DIMM_B

Handle: 0xde00, DMI type 131, 6 bytes
Apple specific Processor Type
Cpu-type: 0x301

Handle 0xde01, DMI type 127, 4  bytes
End of Table

SMBIOS orig was = f71c0
SMBIOS new is = 27b1000
  • Like 4

I thought today I might explain how to extract your ACPI tables (eg native DSDT, SSDT tables for later patching) very simply with a Clover USB boot stick.

After giving first boot priority in BIOS to the USB drive, you come to Clover's main screen

post-846696-0-33849300-1391505455_thumb.png

To see all the available options, press F1 for help....

post-846696-0-43311700-1391505518_thumb.png

As you can see, pressing F4 saves the oem ACPI tables.....in my case to /EFI/Clover/OEM/XPS M1530/ACPI/origin folder of the USB boot stick......

post-846696-0-29661400-1391505732_thumb.png

Done! :).  The relevant tables are DSDT.aml & SSDT-0 to SSDT-4x.aml

For comparison, the same files extracted using the ACPIDump package on a Linux Mint 13 live usb - see zhell's post for procedure.  Note immo's first post has a typo in step one part 6: after sudo -s to have root privileges,

the correct syntax at the terminal is

ID="ACPI-`dmidecode | sed -n s'/.*Product Name: *\(.*\)/\1/p'|head -1`"; mkdir -p /tmp/ACPI && cd /tmp/ACPI && dmesg | perl -we '$n=0; while (<>) { if (($t,$a,$l,$o) = (/^[^a-zA-Za-z]*ACPI: ([-._A-Za-z0-9]{4,4}) +([0-9A-Fa-f]{8,16})[^(]* ([0-9A-Fa-f]{4,8})+(?:\s*\(([^)]+))?/)) { $o && $o=~s/[^-._a-zA-Za-z0-9]+/-/g; ($cmd="acpidump -a $a -l $l > \"${t}".($o?"_$o":"").".aml\""); system($cmd); ++$n; } } die("No match") unless $n;'; [ -f DSDT*.aml ] && zip -r "$HOME/$ID".zip *

post-846696-0-04934100-1391505984_thumb.png

• Like 3

<sigh>... Ever since I started playing with clover again, my sleep has disappeared.  I'm not sure where to start looking to bring it back.  I have tried retracing my steps, but nothing I did should have had any effect on sleep.  Ideas?

-LULightTec

For those of you who are interested, here is my latest and most complete SMBios.plist which reflects all of the latest Chameleon SMBios developments.

Reference forum thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/231075-chameleon-22svn-official-pkg-installer-binaries

The main benefit of this improved SMBios implementation is a more complete and accurate bdmesg output with automatically masked serial numbers under the main branch of Chameleon

Insert your own uniquely generated serial numbers and leave the blank fields blank to allow those fields to be auto generated by the Chameleon via the bdmesg.

<plist>
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<key>SMboardassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMboardlocation</key>
<string>Part Component</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<key>SMboardserial</key>
<string>F47802736F2JLC04G</string>
<key>SMboardtype</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>SMboardversion</key>
<key>SMchassisassettag</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMchassismanufacturer</key>
<key>SMchassisserial</key>
<key>SMchassistype</key>
<string>13</string>
<key>SMchassisversion</key>
<key>SMcpuassettag</key>
<string>Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz</string>
<key>SMcpumanufacturer</key>
<string>Intel(R) Corporation</string>
<key>SMcpupartnumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuserial</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMcpuupgrade</key>
<string>4</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufacturer</key>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<key>SMserial</key>
<key>SMskunumber</key>
<string></string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>
CPU is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     T9300  @ 2.50GHz, family 0x6, model 0x17

SMBIOS rev.: 2.4, DMI rev.: 2.4

Handle: 0x0000, DMI type 0, 24 bytes
BIOS Information
Vendor: Apple Computer, Inc.
Version: MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508
Release Date: 05/05/09
BIOS Revision: 0.1

Handle: 0x0100, DMI type 1, 27 bytes
System Information
Product Name: MacBookPro5,1
Version: 1.2
UUID: ** PRIVATE **
Wake-up Type: Power Switch
SKU Number: Not Specified
Family: MacBookPro

Handle: 0x0200, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
Product Name: Mac-F42D86C8
Version: MacBookPro5,1
Location In Chassis: Part Component
Type: Motherboard

Handle: 0x0300, DMI type 3, 20 bytes
Chassis Information
Type: All in One
Version: Mac-F42D86C8

Handle: 0x0400, DMI type 4, 38 bytes
Processor Information
Socket Designation: Microprocessor
Type: Central Processor
Family: 0xBF
Manufacturer: Intel(R) Corporation
ID: 0x10676
Version: Not Specified
External Clock: 199 MHz
Max Speed: 2493 MHz
Current Speed: 2500 MHz
Upgrade: ZIF Socket
Serial Number: Not Specified
Asset Tag: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz
Part Number: Not Specified
Core Count: 2
Core Enabled: 2
Thread Count: 2

Handle: 0x0b00, DMI type 11, 5 bytes
OEM Strings
String 1: Dell System
String 2: 5[0003]
String 3: 13[PP25L]

Handle: 0x1100, DMI type 17, 27 bytes
Memory Device
Locator: DIMM_A

Handle: 0x1101, DMI type 17, 27 bytes
Memory Device
Locator: DIMM_B

Handle: 0xde00, DMI type 131, 6 bytes
Apple specific Processor Type
Cpu-type: 0x301

Handle 0xde01, DMI type 127, 4  bytes
End of Table

SMBIOS orig was = f71c0
SMBIOS new is = 27b1000

Thanks for sharing this.  My CPU is the 2.6 T9500 but not sure about family and model if its the same as the T9300 or not?

Thanks for sharing this.  My CPU is the 2.6 T9500 but not sure about family and model if its the same as the T9300 or not?

No problem! :gathering:  Simply use the following SMcpuassettag scheme:

<key>SMcpuassettag</key>
<string>Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T9500 @ 2.60GHz</string>

Guys got some Interesting  stuff to report !

Memory Increase and thus reduction in CPU Temperature -

I was curious about the Virtual memory compression technique in Mavericks, cause I've seen such technique in Android kernels for a long time and it didn't produce fruitful results at low end phones cause of the CPU overhead in compressing the memory.

Considering our CPU is pretty low end considering today's standards, I felt the scenario would be same as Android.

So only way to test it out was to increase the memory , I got Crucial 4GB single module DDR2 667 GHz  - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RB21JY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

and increased the memory to 6 GB.

Now for the same usage patterns as earlier (About 20 tabs in Chrome & safari) , iMessage  Notes  - The CPU overhead is lower since there's not much memory compression required. Result - My CPU is running @ 20 deg C lesser than when I had 4 GB memory.

My Average CPU temperature is now 35-45 Deg C :thumbsup_anim: . Before it was 58-68 Deg C.

Alteration to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement -

Recently (before memory upgrade) when I was doing a Facetime along with Teamviewer + iPhone Screen Reflector  :whistle:  My GPU temperature went beyond 75 deg C and the display shutdown by itself. I was able to reproduce it multiple times (I now think the mirroring in Reflector could be the culprit ).

I studied AGPM again , in my previous posted edit to  AGPM, I had 4 states for throttling . When studying the console on AGPM state switching I noticed my card (8600 MGT) switches between only two states (0,1) . Might be the same case with 8400M also.

So I changed the Heuristics states to two, now just 0 and 1 . We can control the way our card behaves with this two parameters.

<key>MacBookPro5,1</key>
<dict>
<key>LogControl</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Vendor10deDevice0407</key>
<dict>
<key>BoostPState</key>
<array>
<integer>0</integer>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>BoostTime</key>
<array>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
<integer>3</integer>
</array>
<key>Heuristic</key>
<dict>
<key>ID</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>IdleInterval</key>
<integer>250</integer>
<key>SensorOption</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>SensorSampleRate</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>TargetCount</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Threshold_High</key>
<array>
   <integer>25</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
<key>Threshold_Low</key>
<array>
   <integer>0</integer>
<integer>60</integer>
</array>
</dict>
<key>control-id</key>
<integer>17</integer>
</dict>
</dict>

The change is highlighted below.  

<key>Threshold_High</key>
<array>
   <integer>25</integer>
<integer>100</integer>
</array>
<key>Threshold_Low</key>
<array>
   <integer>0</integer>
<integer>60</integer>
</array>

When the GPU is 0-60 % idle, Threshold_Low is activated and the GPU goes to low power state - 1 . When the GPU is 0-25 % idle, Threshold_High is activated and the GPU goes to high power state - 0.

i.e I'm telling the GPU to go high only, if absolutely necessary to go full performance. You can set the values you want according to your usage, but I suggest to keep the Threshold_High as low as possible like mine to save your GPU and for power management.

Result - I see an average of 5-6 deg C reduction in GPU temperature with the above changes. The GPU temperature now ranges from 55-60 Deg C.

Conclusion -

I'm confident from the above inferences that increasing system memory and applying changes to the AGPM definitely reduces our over all system temperature. Unless you use this hackintosh for regular activities and iOS development like me, I wouldn't suggest you to spend 100$ on the RAM module especially if you are going to buy a new machine soon. That being said, the memory upgrade is definitely helped me.

post-269203-0-22547000-1392446404_thumb.png

P.S - Don't mind the CPU Frequency (4.2GHz !) , Long time back, it was my attempt to try soft overclocking via SMBIOS.plist. It does not work in native OSX but under Parallels, the Windows machine see's the CPU as 4.2 GHZ and thus gets over clocked. I confirmed this with running Pi calculation tests. 

Attached : AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext Version - 100.14.11

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext.zip

• Like 4

Hi,

Thanks for these information. I will have a close look on that because at present time, always no sound for me (and I'm sure that pinconfig is OK... I also tried to disable everything outside of the speaker to ensure that there is no conflict somewhere, and same result :().

Sorry you posted this months ago. I've got working internal speakers on mine. I'm not sure what's useful here so I just posted the whole thing (am I using the same getdump util that you are?)

Is it possible that you provide also the "first" part of the GetDump. I would love to continue my comparison (I saw some points, I would love to go deeper).

Hi,

Thanks for these information. I will have a close look on that because at present time, always no sound for me (and I'm sure that pinconfig is OK... I also tried to disable everything outside of the speaker to ensure that there is no conflict somewhere, and same result :().

Is it possible that you provide also the "first" part of the GetDump. I would love to continue my comparison (I saw some points, I would love to go deeper).

Here is the whole thing:

Found a device of class VoodooHDADevice: IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0/AppleACPIPCI/pci8086,284b@1B/VoodooHDADevice

Probing codec #0...
 HDA Codec #0: Sigmatel STAC9228X
 HDA Codec ID: 0x83847616
       Vendor: 0x8384
       Device: 0x7616
     Revision: 0x02
     Stepping: 0x01
PCI Subvendor: 0x02091028
	startNode=1 endNode=2
	Found audio FG nid=1 startNode=2 endNode=37 total=35

Processing audio FG cad=0 nid=1...
Powering up...
Parsing audio FG...
GPIO: 0xc0000003 NumGPIO=3 NumGPO=0 NumGPI=0 GPIWake=1 GPIUnsol=1
 nid 10 0x0221101f as  1 seq 15    Headphones  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 11 0x40f000f0 as 15 seq  0         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 12 0x40f000f1 as 15 seq  1         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 13 0x90170110 as  1 seq  0       Speaker Fixed jack  7 loc 16 color Unknown misc 1
 nid 14 0x02a11030 as  3 seq  0    Microphone  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 15 0x02011020 as  2 seq  0      Line-out  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 16 0x40f000f2 as 15 seq  2         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 17 0x40f000f3 as 15 seq  3         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 18 0x40f000f4 as 15 seq  4         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 19 0x90a60040 as  4 seq  0    Microphone Fixed jack  6 loc 16 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 20 0x40f000f5 as 15 seq  5         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 33 0x185610a0 as 10 seq  0   Digital-out  Jack jack  6 loc 24 color   Black misc 0
 nid 34 0x40f000f6 as 15 seq  6         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0
Parsing vendor patch...
VHDevice NID=2 Config=00000000 Type=00000000 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=3 Config=00000000 Type=00000000 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=4 Config=00000000 Type=00000000 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=5 Config=00000000 Type=00000000 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=6 Config=00000000 Type=0000000f Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=7 Config=00000000 Type=00000001 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=27
VHDevice NID=8 Config=00000000 Type=00000001 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=28
VHDevice NID=9 Config=00000000 Type=00000001 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=29
VHDevice NID=10 Config=0221101f Type=00000004 Cap=0000173f Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=2 1=3
VHDevice NID=11 Config=40f000f0 Type=00000004 Cap=0000173f Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=2 1=3
VHDevice NID=12 Config=40f000f1 Type=00000004 Cap=00001737 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=3
VHDevice NID=13 Config=90170110 Type=00000004 Cap=0000173f Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=2
VHDevice NID=14 Config=02a11030 Type=00000004 Cap=00001737 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=4
VHDevice NID=15 Config=02011020 Type=00000004 Cap=00001737 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=5
VHDevice NID=16 Config=40f000f2 Type=00000004 Cap=00000037 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=4
VHDevice NID=17 Config=40f000f3 Type=00000004 Cap=00000037 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=3
VHDevice NID=18 Config=40f000f4 Type=00000004 Cap=00000020 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=19 Config=90a60040 Type=00000004 Cap=00000020 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=20 Config=40f000f5 Type=00000004 Cap=00000020 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=21 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=14 1=18 2=15 3=11 4=12 5=13 6=10 7=16 8=17
VHDevice NID=22 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=14 1=18 2=15 3=11 4=12 5=13 6=10 7=16 8=17
VHDevice NID=23 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=14 1=18 2=15 3=11 4=12 5=13 6=10 7=16 8=17
VHDevice NID=24 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=21
VHDevice NID=25 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=22
VHDevice NID=26 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=23
VHDevice NID=27 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=24 1=19 2=20
VHDevice NID=28 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=25 1=19 2=20
VHDevice NID=29 Config=00000000 Type=00000003 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=26 1=19 2=20
VHDevice NID=30 Config=00000000 Type=00000000 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=31 Config=00000000 Type=0000000f Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=32 Config=00000000 Type=00000001 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=34
VHDevice NID=33 Config=185610a0 Type=00000004 Cap=00000010 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=30 1=31 2=27 3=28 4=29
VHDevice NID=34 Config=40f000f6 Type=00000004 Cap=00010024 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=35 Config=00000000 Type=00000007 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns:
VHDevice NID=36 Config=00000000 Type=00000006 Cap=00000000 Ctrl=00000000 -- Conns: 0=2 1=3 2=4 3=5
Disabling nonaudio...
 Disabling nid 36 due to it's non-audio type.
Disabling useless...
 Disabling pin nid 11 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 12 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 16 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 17 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 18 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 20 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling pin nid 34 due to None connectivity.
 Disabling nid 21 connection 1 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 21 connection 3 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 21 connection 4 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 21 connection 7 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 21 connection 8 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 22 connection 1 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 22 connection 3 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 22 connection 4 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 22 connection 7 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 22 connection 8 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 23 connection 1 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 23 connection 3 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 23 connection 4 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 23 connection 7 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 23 connection 8 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 27 connection 2 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 28 connection 2 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 29 connection 2 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 32 connection 0 due to disabled child widget.
Patched pins configuration:
 nid 10 0x0221101f as  1 seq 15    Headphones  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 11 0x40f000f0 as 15 seq  0         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 12 0x40f000f1 as 15 seq  1         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 13 0x90170110 as  1 seq  0       Speaker Fixed jack  7 loc 16 color Unknown misc 1
 nid 14 0x02a11030 as  3 seq  0    Microphone  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 15 0x02011020 as  2 seq  0      Line-out  Jack jack  1 loc  2 color   Black misc 0
 nid 16 0x40f000f2 as 15 seq  2         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 17 0x40f000f3 as 15 seq  3         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 18 0x40f000f4 as 15 seq  4         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 19 0x90a60040 as  4 seq  0    Microphone Fixed jack  6 loc 16 color Unknown misc 0
 nid 20 0x40f000f5 as 15 seq  5         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
 nid 33 0x185610a0 as 10 seq  0   Digital-out  Jack jack  6 loc 24 color   Black misc 0
 nid 34 0x40f000f6 as 15 seq  6         Other  None jack  0 loc  0 color Unknown misc 0 [DISABLED]
Parsing pin associations...
5 associations found:
Association 0 (1) out:
 Pin nid=13 seq=0
 Pin nid=10 seq=15
   Redir type=0 jack=15 def=0
Association 1 (2) out:
 Pin nid=15 seq=0
   Redir type=-1 jack=0 def=0
Association 2 (3) in:
 Pin nid=14 seq=0
Association 3 (4) in:
 Pin nid=19 seq=0
Association 4 (10) out:
 Pin nid=33 seq=0
Building AFG tree...
Tracing association 0 (1)
 Tracing pin 13 with min nid 0
  tracing via nid 13
   tracing via nid 2
   nid 2 returned 2
  nid 13 returned 2
 Pin 13 traced to DAC 2
 Tracing pin 10 with min nid 0 and hpredir 0
  tracing via nid 10
   tracing via nid 2
   nid 2 returned 2
  nid 10 returned 2
 Pin 10 traced to DAC 2 and hpredir 0
Association 0 (1) trace succeeded
Tracing association 1 (2)
 Tracing pin 15 with min nid 0
  tracing via nid 15
   tracing via nid 5
   nid 5 returned 5
  nid 15 returned 5
 Pin 15 traced to DAC 5
Association 1 (2) trace succeeded
Tracing association 2 (3)
 Tracing pin 14 to ADC 7
  tracing via nid 14
   tracing via nid 21
    tracing via nid 24
     tracing via nid 27
      tracing via nid 7
      nid 7 returned 1
      tracing via nid 33
      nid 33 returned 0
     nid 27 returned 1
    nid 24 returned 1
   nid 21 returned 1
   tracing via nid 22
    tracing via nid 25
     tracing via nid 28
      tracing via nid 8
      nid 8 returned 0
      tracing via nid 33
      nid 33 returned 0
     nid 28 returned 0
    nid 25 returned 0
   nid 22 returned 0
   tracing via nid 23
    tracing via nid 26
     tracing via nid 29
      tracing via nid 9
      nid 9 returned 0
      tracing via nid 33
      nid 33 returned 0
     nid 29 returned 0
    nid 26 returned 0
   nid 23 returned 0
  nid 14 returned 1
 Pin 14 traced to ADC 7
Association 2 (3) trace succeeded
Tracing association 3 (4)
 Tracing pin 19 to ADC 8
  tracing via nid 19
   tracing via nid 27
   nid 27 busy by association 2
   tracing via nid 28
    tracing via nid 8
    nid 8 returned 1
    tracing via nid 33
    nid 33 returned 0
   nid 28 returned 1
   tracing via nid 29
    tracing via nid 9
    nid 9 returned 0
    tracing via nid 33
    nid 33 returned 0
   nid 29 returned 0
  nid 19 returned 1
 Pin 19 traced to ADC 8
Association 3 (4) trace succeeded
Tracing association 4 (10)
 Tracing pin 33 with min nid 0
  tracing via nid 33
   tracing via nid 30
   nid 30 returned 30
   tracing via nid 31
   tracing via nid 27
   nid 27 busy by association 2
   tracing via nid 28
   nid 28 busy by association 3
   tracing via nid 29
    tracing via nid 26
     tracing via nid 23
      tracing via nid 14
      nid 14 busy by association 2
      tracing via nid 15
      nid 15 busy by association 1
      tracing via nid 13
      nid 13 busy by association 0
      tracing via nid 10
      nid 10 busy by association 0
    tracing via nid 19
    nid 19 busy by association 3
  nid 33 returned 30
 Pin 33 traced to DAC 30
Association 4 (10) trace succeeded
Tracing input monitor
Tracing other input monitors
 Tracing nid 14 to out
  tracing via nid 14
   tracing via nid 21
   nid 21 busy by input association 2
   tracing via nid 22
    tracing via nid 25
     tracing via nid 28
     nid 28 busy by input association 3
    nid 25 returned 0
   nid 22 returned 0
   tracing via nid 23
    tracing via nid 26
     tracing via nid 29
      tracing via nid 9
      nid 9 returned 0
      tracing via nid 33
      nid 33 found output association 4
     nid 29 returned 1
    nid 26 returned 1
   nid 23 returned 1
  nid 14 returned 1
 nid 14 is input monitor
 Tracing nid 19 to out
  tracing via nid 19
   tracing via nid 27
   nid 27 busy by input association 2
   tracing via nid 28
   nid 28 busy by input association 3
   tracing via nid 29
   nid 29 found output association -2
  nid 19 returned 1
 nid 19 is input monitor
Tracing beeper
 Tracing nid 35 to out
  tracing via nid 35
  nid 35 returned 0
Disabling unassociated widgets...
 Disabling unassociated nid 3.
 Disabling unassociated nid 4.
 Disabling unassociated nid 6.
 Disabling unassociated nid 9.
 Disabling unassociated nid 22.
 Disabling unassociated nid 25.
 Disabling unassociated nid 31.
 Disabling unassociated nid 32.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 21 conn 6 cnid 10.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 23 conn 6 cnid 10.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 21 conn 5 cnid 13.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 23 conn 5 cnid 13.
 Disabling connection to input pin nid 14 conn 0.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 21 conn 2 cnid 15.
 Disabling connection from output pin nid 23 conn 2 cnid 15.
Disabling nonselected inputs...
 Disabling unselected connection nid 10 conn 1.
 Disabling unselected connection nid 33 conn 1.
 Disabling unselected connection nid 33 conn 2.
 Disabling unselected connection nid 33 conn 3.
 Disabling unselected connection nid 33 conn 4.
Disabling useless...
 Disabling nid 28 connection 0 due to disabled child widget.
 Disabling nid 29 due to all it's consumers disabled.
 Disabling nid 26 due to all it's consumers disabled.
 Disabling nid 23 due to all it's consumers disabled.
Disabling crossassociated connections...
 Disabling crossassociated connection nid 27 conn 1 cnid 19.
Disabling useless...
Binding associations to channels...
Assigning names to signal sources...
Parsing Ctls...
Assigning mixers to the tree...
  add out ossmask pcm
  add out ossmask pcm
   add out ossmask rec
    add out ossmask rec
     add out ossmask rec
      trace goed to pin complex
   add out ossmask rec
    trace goed to pin complex
   add out ossmask vol
   add out ossmask vol
   add out ossmask mic
    add in ossmask mic
     add out ossmask mic
   add out ossmask vol
   add out ossmask monitor
Preparing pin controls...
AFG commit...
Creating PCM devices...

Playback:

PCM
            DAC: 2

Record:

PCM
            ADC: 7

Playback:

nid=13 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
      |

nid=10 [pin: Headphones (Black Front)]
      |

Record:

nid=7 [audio input]
      |
      + <- nid=27 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
             |
             + <- nid=24 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
                    |
                    + <- nid=21 [audio selector] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001
                           |
                           + <- nid=14 [pin: Microphone (Black Front)] [src: mic] bindSeq=00000001

|

|

Microphone Volume (OSS: mic)
   |
   +- control  3 (nid  21 out):    dir - in oss: mic +0/+40dB (5 steps)

|
   +- control  4 (nid  24 in   0): dir - in oss: rec +0/+21dB (15 steps)

Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 21 source 0 select
Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 24 source 0 select
Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 27 source 0 select
pcmAttach: HDA Sigmatel STAC9228X PCM #1 Analog at cad 0 nid 1

Playback:

PCM
            DAC: 5

Record:

PCM
            ADC: 8

Playback:

nid=15 [pin: Line-out (Black Front)]
      |
      + <- nid=5 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00000001

Record:

nid=8 [audio input]
      |
      + <- nid=28 [audio selector] [src: monitor] bindSeq=00000001
             |
             + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)] [src: monitor] bindSeq=00000001

|

|

Microphone2 Volume (OSS: monitor)
   |

|

Recsel (line, mic, cd, monitor): nid 28 source 1 select
pcmAttach: HDA Sigmatel STAC9228X PCM #2 Digital at cad 0 nid 1

Playback:

AC3 PCM
            DAC: 30

Playback:

nid=33 [pin: Digital-out (Black HDMI)]
      |
      + <- nid=30 [audio output] [src: pcm] bindSeq=00000001

FG config/quirks: forcestereo ivref50 ivref80 ivref100 ivref
HP switch init...

+-------------------+
| DUMPING HDA NODES |
+-------------------+

Default Parameter
-----------------
                 PCM
         IN amp: 0x00050e00
        OUT amp: 0x80027f7f

nid: 2
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00008001)
                 PCM

nid: 3 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
                 PCM

nid: 4 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
                 PCM

nid: 5
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO
                 PCM

nid: 6 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00fd0c05
                 LRSWAP PWR STEREO

nid: 7
                 PWR PROC STEREO
                 PCM
          |
          + <- nid=27 [audio selector]

nid: 8
                 PWR PROC STEREO
                 PCM
          |
          + <- nid=28 [audio selector]

nid: 9 [DISABLED]
                 PWR PROC STEREO
                 PCM
          |
          + <- nid=29 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 10
           Name: pin: Headphones (Black Front)
                 UNSOL STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00008000)
     Pin config: 0x0221101f
    Pin control: 0x000000c0 HP OUT
    connections: 2 enabled 1
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=3 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 11 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
     Pin config: 0x40f000f0
    connections: 2 enabled 2
          |

nid: 12 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
     Pin config: 0x40f000f1
          |

nid: 13
           Name: pin: Speaker (Analog)
                 UNSOL STEREO
    Association: 0 (0x00000001)
     Pin config: 0x90170110
          |
          + <- nid=2 [audio output]

nid: 14
           Name: pin: Microphone (Black Front)
                 UNSOL STEREO
            OSS: mic (mic)
     Pin config: 0x02a11030
    Pin control: 0x00000024 IN VREFs
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=4 [audio output] [DISABLED]

nid: 15
           Name: pin: Line-out (Black Front)
                 UNSOL STEREO
     Pin config: 0x02011020
          |

nid: 16 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
                 ISC TRQD PDC OUT IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f2
          |

nid: 17 [DISABLED]
                 UNSOL STEREO
                 ISC TRQD PDC OUT IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f3
          |

nid: 18 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f4

nid: 19
           Name: pin: Microphone (Digital)
                 STEREO
            OSS: monitor (monitor)
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x90a60040
    Pin control: 0x00000020 IN

nid: 20 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
                 IN
     Pin config: 0x40f000f5

nid: 21
                 STEREO
     Output val: [0x02 0x02]
          |

nid: 22 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
    connections: 9 enabled 4
          |
          + <- nid=15 [pin: Line-out (Black Front)]
          + <- nid=13 [pin: Speaker (Analog)]
          + <- nid=10 [pin: Headphones (Black Front)]

nid: 23 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
          |

nid: 24
                 STEREO
      Input val: [0x0B 0x0B] 
          |
          + <- nid=21 [audio selector]

nid: 25 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
          |
          + <- nid=22 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 26 [DISABLED]
                 STEREO
          |
          + <- nid=23 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 27
                 LRSWAP STEREO
          |
          + <- nid=24 [audio selector] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)]

nid: 28
                 LRSWAP STEREO
            OSS: monitor
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=25 [audio selector] [DISABLED]
          + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)] (selected)

nid: 29 [DISABLED]
                 LRSWAP STEREO
     Output val: [0x80 0x80]
    connections: 3 enabled 2
          |
          + <- nid=26 [audio selector] [DISABLED] (selected)
          + <- nid=19 [pin: Microphone (Digital)]

nid: 30
     Widget cap: 0x00040211
                 DIGITAL STEREO
                 AC3 PCM

nid: 31 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00f30201
                 DIGITAL STEREO

nid: 32 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00140311
                 DIGITAL STEREO
                 AC3 PCM
        PCM cap: 0x000e0160
                 16 20 24 bits, 44 48 96 KHz
          |
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=34 [pin: Other (None)] [DISABLED]

nid: 33
           Name: pin: Digital-out (Black HDMI)
     Widget cap: 0x00400301
                 DIGITAL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00000010
                 OUT
     Pin config: 0x185610a0
    connections: 5 enabled 1
          |
          + <- nid=30 [audio output] (selected)
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=31 [vendor widget] [DISABLED]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=27 [audio selector]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=28 [audio selector]
          + [DISABLED] <- nid=29 [audio selector] [DISABLED]

nid: 34 [DISABLED]
     Widget cap: 0x00430681
                 PWR DIGITAL UNSOL STEREO
        Pin cap: 0x00010024
                 PDC IN EAPD
     Pin config: 0x40f000f6
           EAPD: 0x00000002

nid: 35
           Name: beep widget
     Widget cap: 0x0070000c
            OSS: speaker (speaker)
     Output amp: 0x00170303
                 mute=0 step=3 size=23 offset=3
     Output val: [0x03 0x00]

nid: 36 [DISABLED]
           Name: volume widget
     Widget cap: 0x00600000
    connections: 4 enabled 4
          |

Immo

Guys got some Interesting  stuff to report !

Memory Increase and thus reduction in CPU Temperature -

I was curious about the Virtual memory compression technique in Mavericks, cause I've seen such technique in Android kernels for a long time and it didn't produce fruitful results at low end phones cause of the CPU overhead in compressing the memory.

Considering our CPU is pretty low end considering today's standards, I felt the scenario would be same as Android.

So only way to test it out was to increase the memory , I got Crucial 4GB single module DDR2 667 GHz  - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RB21JY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

and increased the memory to 6 GB.

Now for the same usage patterns as earlier (About 20 tabs in Chrome & safari) , iMessage  Notes  - The CPU overhead is lower since there's not much memory compression required. Result - My CPU is running @ 20 deg C lesser than when I had 4 GB memory.

My Average CPU temperature is now 35-45 Deg C :thumbsup_anim: . Before it was 58-68 Deg C.

Interesting. I already had 6GB ram before doing the upgrade to Mavericks, so maybe this is why I didn't have overheating issues when others did. I thought it was my choice of MacBook 5,2 to use native speed stepping.

Also looking forward to trying the AGPM patch when I get time. I haven't got that to work since Lion.

Good finds.

Immo

• Like 1

Somehow my CPU seems not to be detected right. I got 10.9.1 running, but the speed step doesn't seem to work. The HWMonitor says my CPU is constantly @2.2ghz. It is detected as 2.21 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, which is wrong, since i have a T700 @ 2.4ghz. How can I change that? Due to constant 2.2ghz, my fan is constantly active and the M1530 is quite warm... I chose MacBook Pro 5.1 in SMBIOS.

post-811282-0-54014200-1392626929_thumb.png

post-811282-0-58798600-1392626936_thumb.png

post-811282-0-36947200-1392626944_thumb.png

@fattymcdirty,

Did your speedstep work before your upgrade? What is your current Chameleon ver?

Try a different version Chameleon or even Clover - issues reported with chameleon ver 2344 for "About This Mac" here and ver 2371 breaking AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext here.

More about OSX power management in tutorial by artur-pt. Also make sure you haven't done something basic like having NullCPUPowerManagement.kext in S/L/E.

@fattymcdirty,

Did your speedstep work before your upgrade?  What is your current Chameleon ver?

Try a different version Chameleon or even Clover - issues reported with chameleon ver 2344 for "About This Mac" here and ver 2371 breaking AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext here.

More about OSX power management in tutorial by artur-pt.

hm... i updated chameleon to 2368. still fixed @2208mhz. :(

that's the output from the script in the thread you posted:

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright © 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl

v6.6 Copyright © 2013 by † Jeroen

v11.5 Copyright © 2013-2014 by Pike R. Alpha

-----------------------------------------------------------

Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

System information: Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)

Brandstring 'Intel® Core2 Duo CPU T7700 @ 2.40GHz'

Error: Unknown processor model ...

Aborting ...

Done

@fattymcdirty,

If you look carefully at what is written in that tutorial, the script you used to generate the SSDT was designed for Sandy & IvyBridge CPUs....

"for Sandy and Ivy Bridge CPUs, Chameleon GeneratePStates is not working since 10.7.4 update, you can use this script to generate an SSDT with P and C states (run the commands in terminal)"

AFAIK for Core2Duos, Chameleon or Clover generated P & C states should still work for all versions of OSX without needing to use a SSDT.  Since I have switched over to Clover, I can only confirm my experience with Chameleon ver 2269 (had working speed step with Generate P&C states enabled in org.chameleon.boot.plist).  DarwinX and others still using Chameleon can advise which of the newer Chameleon versions work well on their machines.

Nevertheless, you can extract your native SSDT using a linux live USB or Clover USB as I explained in post #1664, and place it in the /Extra folder.  Using Chameleon Wizard, enable the option DropSSDT and disable GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates in your org.chameleon.boot.plist.

If you are using Clover, the SSDTs need to be placed in the EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched (or EFI/Clover/OEM/XPS M1530/ACPI/Patched) folder...

post-846696-0-18742000-1392852171_thumb.png

You can use Clover Configurator to drop OEM SSDT and untick Generate P & C states if you want to use your own SSDT...

post-846696-0-20514000-1392852925_thumb.png

Speed stepping P states working.....

post-846696-0-16312300-1392874047_thumb.png

PS for some core2duo processors, you might need to disable Intel IDA in BIOS to get the max CPU frequency eg Herve in his article on FakeSMC tuning noticed that for his T7250 & T7500, there was

"no IDA support with that CPU family (re-enabling IDA caused FSB to drop from 200 to 182MHz, thereby lowering all CPU clockings by approximately 10%)."

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

An uneventful and successful upgrade to OSX 10.9.2 on my XPSm1530 from the Appstore.  If you have VoodooHDA.kext and AppleHDADisabler.kext installed in S/L/E, pretty much everything will work as before (otherwise delete AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E after reboot).

Some noteable changes:

AppleHDA.kext ver 2.5.3---->2.6.0, delete if using VoodooHDA.kext and not using AppleHDADisabler.kext

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext ver 100.14.11---->100.14.15)  Optional to patch

AppleSMC.kext ver 3.1.6---->3.1.8                                               ) Optional to regress to earlier version

AppleACPIPlatform.kext ver 2.0---->no change *

AppleRTC.kext ver 2.0---->no change

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext ver 161.0.0---->no change but delete if using ACPIBatteryManager.kext

post-846696-0-33635400-1393401118_thumb.png

EDIT

* Sqeek's regressed AppleACPIPlatform.kext ver 2.0 was overwritten by this update with the native one (size of replacement file=590KB instead of 1.1MB)---->Sleep only works on first occasion, restart with second sleep invoked.

For my XPSm1530, restoring the regressed kext and invoking sleep ---->display turns off but sleep stalls (bluetooth LED on and fans still run) and power button won't wake machine from this state---->requires hard reset :wallbash:.

• Like 2