Retail OSX 10.6 on P5Q Deluxe/Others

Shaumux

203 posts in this topic

you are missing some really important files like the fakesmc.kext which is absolutely necessary in this case.

Also you are missing smbios.plist and platformuuid.kext.

Seiing the first pic you posted i think the error was due to missing fakesmc.kext and maybe smbios.plist

Get fakesmc.kext 2.5 or whatever the latest version is there by netkas.

right does that mean I have to re install the OS with those files on the extra/extension as i was able to install 10.6 on the hdd ... or can i install such files inside the OS also do you have a list on the kext I need for the board as the ethernet, sound and shut down doesnt work, thank you very much.

right does that mean I have to re install the OS with those files on the extra/extension as i was able to install 10.6 on the hdd ... or can i install such files inside the OS also do you have a list on the kext I need for the board as the ethernet, sound and shut down doesnt work, thank you very much.

Didn't understanmd what you meant to say?

Did you get 10.6 installed?

If yes and its working fine, then i guess that you can skip those.

And to answer your question no need to reinstall OS just put the kexts in the /extra/extensions folder.

Chameleon will load those at boot time.

Hi yeah i manage to install snow leopard 10.6 and am on the process of installing pkg.. which i believe are drivers for the board and ill try to update it to 10.6.2 and i was wondering if there is a solution for turning off correctly.

Use openhaltrestart.kext for that

Use openhaltrestart.kext for that

thank you very much any luck trying to update to 10.6.2?

I will try to install the pkgs that i have for the sound, gpu and ethernet if it doesnt work i will try your way as explined on the first post onces again thank you for taking your time.

thank you very much any luck trying to update to 10.6.2?

I will try to install the pkgs that i have for the sound, gpu and ethernet if it doesnt work i will try your way as explined on the first post onces again thank you for taking your time.

Yeah 10.6.2 runs fine just remember that 10.6.2 isn't compatible with old sleepenabler.kext you need new one.

And for GPU i would suggest using efi strings instead of kext, it feels more near to retail since it uses the kexts provided by apple.

hi,

i have a asus P5Q Deluxe pached with bios 2301!

i have a pentium d 930

and i want to install ideneb 1.6 or other distrib. but when i install i become a kernel panic every time...what kernel i select? what select in fix bios?

taniss

hi,

i have a asus P5Q Deluxe pached with bios 2301!

i have a pentium d 930

and i want to install ideneb 1.6 or other distrib. but when i install i become a kernel panic every time...what kernel i select? what select in fix bios?

taniss

Can you provide some pics of the panic have you tried selecting the alternative kernel.

When do you get the panic while booting the installation media or while installing or after the installation?

Hi Shaumux am having dificulties finding the right kext for the ethernet wondering if you have the right file am using 10.6.2 now updated sussesfully and the only thng not working is that and the sound also i have to use the 132 boot disk other wise it wont boot even after installing chame on the hdd??.. anyway the ethernet and sound is my concern

Hi Shaumux am having dificulties finding the right kext for the ethernet wondering if you have the right file am using 10.6.2 now updated sussesfully and the only thng not working is that and the sound also i have to use the 132 boot disk other wise it wont boot even after installing chame on the hdd??.. anyway the ethernet and sound is my concern

for sound you can use vodoohda or hdaenabler kexts

for lan use appleyukon2injector.kext and skge.kext for p5q deluxe

as for your chameleon issue i belive its because of the missing files i mentioned earlier.

for sound you can use vodoohda or hdaenabler kexts

for lan use appleyukon2injector.kext and skge.kext for p5q deluxe

as for your chameleon issue i belive its because of the missing files i mentioned earlier.

hi there could you tell me where to put those kext i been placing them on the system/L/E and i have no change still no audio or ethernet...

LOL never mind I got my ethernet working now YES and am now using my SL 10.6.2 to type this how awesome, I actually used this file below

and after restart it pick up the ethernet of the 88E8056 which is also ways what I used but is ok I supposed, the sound problem is doing my headache and that I need to use AHCI to access the mac partition too but ill try to tackle the problem...

Yukon88E8056.pkg.zip

LOL never mind I got my ethernet working now YES and am now using my SL 10.6.2 to type this how awesome, I actually used this file below

and after restart it pick up the ethernet of the 88E8056 which is also ways what I used but is ok I supposed, the sound problem is doing my headache and that I need to use ACSH to access the mac partition too but ill try to tackle the problem...

Heres all my Kexts, i have fully working 10.6.2 SL system.

All Kexts

Install with Kext Utility

Awesome Thanks Jasjeet Sound Works!! but it seems that the mic doesn't but I DONT CARE!! LOL whats weird though its that I just put it an spare IDE DVD reader and it doesn't work for some reason ?? anyway am gonna be getting a new one soon.

Thank you guys for helping me along!!!

Hi guys wondering if there is a kext for the new 275gtx I got on my system?? when I boot it doesn't fill my 28 HG281D ....

Have you tried nvenabler64 or efi strings?

Do you mean at boot or the whole time?

Theres some issue with dvi not letting it fill the whole screen at boot, if thats your issue too.

works after boot though

Have you tried nvenabler64 or efi strings?

Do you mean at boot or the whole time?

Theres some issue with dvi not letting it fill the whole screen at boot, if thats your issue too.

works after boot though

sorry i meant after i boot i will try to get nvenabler64 how do i efi strings??

I dont think I know how to do that using the tools i tried installing the 285 gtx drivers for the mac and they install succesfully but when I reboot I can also fill the screen using the over scan option on the screen i get weird moving colours on edge of the screen... really weird...maybe if i change the colour settings ill get somewhere??

Right so I fix the problem with the GTX but no am trying to use the Marvell 88E8001 ethernet anyone knows how to get the left 8001 working this board has 2 the other one works correctly...

Theres a skge.kext

I think you can ge it at kexts.com

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,

I've been researching the Hackintosh scene for some time, and have been running OS X on a Dell Mini 9 for the last year. I figured building a Hackintosh desktop machine would be almost as easy.. how wrong I was! I checked out the various Asus P5Q Deluxe threads on here, including this one, and it looked easy enough to install. But I really am wishing I'd bought another motherboard now.. here's the list of components I have.

Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core Quad Q9400 2.66 Processor

Netgear WG311 Wireless-G PCI Card

Kingston 4gb Kit (2x2gb) 667mhz/pc2-5300 Memory

Gigabyte 9400GT 1GB GDDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card

First of all: I changed the BIOS on the P5Q mobo for the 2201_Slic version.

I have Snow Leopard installed on my Mini 9 and a USB stick with the retail SL image on it, complete with an installation of Chameleon. First of all I tried to install Snow Leopard on the 1TB drive I'd bought for this build. On the Mini 9 I connected it up to a USB-SATA caddy, formatted it in Disk Utility, then installed Snow Leopard from the USB stick. Connected this up to the desktop... nothing but kernel panics. I've tried adding kexts, I've tried altering kexts and plists, but I'm getting really confused now.

I figured I'd try installing 10.5 Leopard first to see if that was possible. Couldn't find my DVD of that anywhere, so I downloaded iAtkos v7 and managed to install a running version of 10.5. I selected some additional drivers with the installation but all that seems to work in full resolution (1920x1080 on this monitor) but the picture looks very pixellated and not as 'sharp' as the Mini 9 connected to the same monitor via a VGA cable does. No audio, no internet, no option to use anything other than 60Hz in the Displays prefpane. In iAtkos, I added a whole folder of P5Q kexts that I'd downloaded from this forum to Kext Utility, installed them, and when I restarted, it just got stuck on a blank screen and refused to boot. So, I reinstalled iAtkos again and haven't done anything to it yet.

I then tried reformatting the 1tb drive for Snow Leopard using Disk Utility in iAtkos. I opened the SL install USB stick again in the Finder, and it loads, gets to about a third of the way through the installation, and then the machine reboots. If I try to boot from the USB stick itself, I just get a kernel panic.

Can anybody help me?? All I want to do is get 10.6 up and running :)

Thanks,

-Mark

hi everyone,

I've been researching the Hackintosh scene for some time, and have been running OS X on a Dell Mini 9 for the last year. I figured building a Hackintosh desktop machine would be almost as easy.. how wrong I was! I checked out the various Asus P5Q Deluxe threads on here, including this one, and it looked easy enough to install. But I really am wishing I'd bought another motherboard now.. here's the list of components I have.

Asus P5Q Deluxe P45 Socket 775 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core Quad Q9400 2.66 Processor

Netgear WG311 Wireless-G PCI Card

Kingston 4gb Kit (2x2gb) 667mhz/pc2-5300 Memory

Gigabyte 9400GT 1GB GDDR2 DVI VGA HDMI Out PhysX and Cuda ready PCI-E Graphics Card

First of all: I changed the BIOS on the P5Q mobo for the 2201_Slic version.

I have Snow Leopard installed on my Mini 9 and a USB stick with the retail SL image on it, complete with an installation of Chameleon. First of all I tried to install Snow Leopard on the 1TB drive I'd bought for this build. On the Mini 9 I connected it up to a USB-SATA caddy, formatted it in Disk Utility, then installed Snow Leopard from the USB stick. Connected this up to the desktop... nothing but kernel panics. I've tried adding kexts, I've tried altering kexts and plists, but I'm getting really confused now.

I figured I'd try installing 10.5 Leopard first to see if that was possible. Couldn't find my DVD of that anywhere, so I downloaded iAtkos v7 and managed to install a running version of 10.5. I selected some additional drivers with the installation but all that seems to work in full resolution (1920x1080 on this monitor) but the picture looks very pixellated and not as 'sharp' as the Mini 9 connected to the same monitor via a VGA cable does. No audio, no internet, no option to use anything other than 60Hz in the Displays prefpane. In iAtkos, I added a whole folder of P5Q kexts that I'd downloaded from this forum to Kext Utility, installed them, and when I restarted, it just got stuck on a blank screen and refused to boot. So, I reinstalled iAtkos again and haven't done anything to it yet.

I then tried reformatting the 1tb drive for Snow Leopard using Disk Utility in iAtkos. I opened the SL install USB stick again in the Finder, and it loads, gets to about a third of the way through the installation, and then the machine reboots. If I try to boot from the USB stick itself, I just get a kernel panic.

Can anybody help me?? All I want to do is get 10.6 up and running :(

Thanks,

-Mark

What kexts did you use can you give a list?

did you include fakesmc.kext?

did you include the sleepenabler.kext because its different for >10.6.2 and <10.6.2

if you mix up those then you would get panics.

Did you try to verbose mode to see the errors?