Retail OSX 10.6 on P5Q Deluxe/Others

Shaumux

203 posts in this topic

my old mac_os install the hdd 0 and i partitions 2 hdd one of the snow leopard and the other for image restore.

in snow lepard parttion hdd i installed the chemolon v2 and copy the all kext file ...and i restore the other hdd image dvd .and i restart the snow leopard hdd and i chouse image hdd -v parametres.. i have no error but i wait 30 minites and nothing come the screen i thing is hangup ..what could i do..can ypu help me please..

Thank you very much..

pd: sory my bad bad bad english but i try to learn smile.gif)

Try -v -x -f commands togethor

I had the same problem as you. So I deleted all the ATI*.Kext's. And it seems to be working.

But after the Installation I got the message: "The Installation was not successfully".

In addition I could not start the Mac System. Can anyone help me??

Installation not successful maybe because it cannot set it as boot device, you just need to install Chameleon bootloader to the Snow Leo drive. But to do this youll need a working OSx install, or a USB installer with chameleon installed on it to boot the SL drive, then install Chameleon to it, remember to copy the Extra folder from the USB to the SL drive.

Use this guide to make bootable USB:

Guide

Installation not successful maybe because it cannot set it as boot device, you just need to install Chameleon bootloader to the Snow Leo drive. But to do this youll need a working OSx install, or a USB installer with chameleon installed on it to boot the SL drive, then install Chameleon to it, remember to copy the Extra folder from the USB to the SL drive.

Use this guide to make bootable USB:

Guide

I have a bootable USB Drive with Chameleon. And I see the new System on my new Partition already, but I can not get into the System. Everytime I get an Error. Watch the screenshot in the Attachments.post-494162-1256201041_thumb.jpg

Edit:

Oh men, I'm so stupid. I forgot to copy the Extra Folder to the System Drive. I thought it will automatically copy the Extra Folder from the USB Drive

Hi i tray again for this time i use the usb external storoge to image restore ..that works and the installer comes and i choose the snow leopard partition disk and its bagin to update ..its take 20 minute and its says instalitailng is failed try again..and i try to boot new installing snow leopard and its work i can use new snow leopard 10.6.0 version.But sound and vga drivers is not work.by the way i try to update and its work again..now my macos version is 10.6.1 build 10B504 .ethernet card working to...

here is my quiestions..am i try again to upgrade or i try to install vga and audio driver...what should i do..

Thank you very much your helping..

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Extra Folder, just replace the fakeSMC.kext in there with a normal one.

And the few extra Kexts i put in S/L/E

Follow the UUID guide to get rid of error 35 in terminal and other problems.

Use Kext utility to repair permissions and caches once copied over.

My Kexts

thanks for the guide.

@Jasjeet

jasjeet you mention mac address in the network section in sytem profiler. Where exactly is it? i have different mac addresses in ethernet and firewire but nothing listed in network.

kind regards

thanks for the guide.

@Jasjeet

jasjeet you mention mac address in the network section in sytem profiler. Where exactly is it? i have different mac addresses in ethernet and firewire but nothing listed in network.

kind regards

MAC address is the physical address of the hardware which is assigned by the manufacturer.

Each device connected to the network will have a unique mac address.

Which driver do I need for the ATI Radeon HD4870?

Do I need special 64bit driver?

Thank you.

mainboard : Asus p5q Deluxe

cpu : intel 9550 QuadCore (64bit)

vga : ati radeon 4870

ram : 4 GB

hdd : 2 x SATA

Try using efi strings

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, I was able to do this in a little over an hour. My only problem seems to be that I cannot get my GFX card to work. I have an eVGA 8800GTX and I had it working on my 10.5.8 Leopard install, but for some reason I am not getting the same results with 10.6. I tried several things like PCEFI to write the strings to com.apple.Boot.plist, but it didn't seem to work. I even changed the strings on the /Extra folder, but that still didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this card that can give me some good advice on getting it to work? Thanks.

Thanks for the guide, I was able to do this in a little over an hour. My only problem seems to be that I cannot get my GFX card to work. I have an eVGA 8800GTX and I had it working on my 10.5.8 Leopard install, but for some reason I am not getting the same results with 10.6. I tried several things like PCEFI to write the strings to com.apple.Boot.plist, but it didn't seem to work. I even changed the strings on the /Extra folder, but that still didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with this card that can give me some good advice on getting it to work? Thanks.

Try generating EFI strings with EFI studio.

That has worked for my 9600GT

Yes you could use modified bios instead of DSDT.aml.

Heres the Extra folder you need to add to the USB once youve resotred the Snow Leo image to it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=eb1696e...04e75f6e8ebb871

Delete the DSDT.aml file in there if your using the bios mod

Then from here follow the Lifehacker guide to make it bootable

*TIP* Install your iDeneb first, i would make a partition for Snow leo 1st, then make one for iDeneb 2nd, so when you get rid of iDeneb after Snow is done, the First partition is Snow, and you have one large partition to do what ever you want, even extend the Snow partition.

Jasjeet, I have signed into mediafire but was unable to download this folder :(

Here is a easy way to install SL on asus p5q deluxe:

My specs:

Snow Leopard retail

Asus p5q deluxe

Ati 4850

And a full HD screen

cpu e8400 3,0ghz overclocked to 3,6ghz

It is a retail install. I used rebel to boot up. I had to install in safe mode. After I had installed I got an error saying that there was an error or something. I rebootet in safe mode and installed all the kext needed.

Driver for adi 4850.

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

PlatformUUID

fakesmc.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

skge_for_P5Q_Deluxe

Yukon88E8056

IONetworkingFamily

VoodooHDA

KextUtility.v.2.4.2.full.SL.x64.ready.by.cVad I used this after installing all kext... dont know why I did it, just did it...hehe

I did this in safe mode.

I have a vga dvi adapter in the ati card near the main board. And use the second for my monitor.

Restarted and wow...smile.gif)) It worked. Full hd. Audio working, network working. Hope this will stay like that... Have not tested it for long... (I installed the audio kext after I started SN. I just use the rebel as a start up disk. Have not installed something from that cd.

Uppdated:

I installed the rebel.pgk and now my screen is jumpy again... So now I am just booting up with the CD. All is rock steady:-)

If i use the rebelEFI bootloader installed to my hdd the shutdown and restart works. Everything work but with a jumpy screen. But that must bee easy to fix... need helpe here. Anyone? Doing update from software update (apple) is working.

Installed several applications. Wow its so good!!

The bios is 2301 slic. Only setting I have done is AHCI. My win7 is also installed with that.

Shamoux, JasJeet, what files are in the 'Extras' folder that needs to be placed in the Chameleon installation if I wanted to make a USB stick like Lifehacker's thread?

I have allocated a partition to install snowloepard using this method first ;)

Will it boot into 64bit by default or must modifications be made?

JasJeet, your mediafire download is security protected and cannot be downloaded :)

When booting from the USB use command -f -v -x -cpus=1

That should cut out any problems installing. Youll probably get an error at the end of installation, dont worry.

Reboot from the USB again, then select the partition you installed too, it will be called whatever you named the parition. It should boot, use -v -f -x -cpus=1 commands again.

ive reuploaded the my Extra Folder for you. Stick it on the USB and it should work well.

I think if i remember correctly my Networking Kexts are in the Library/Extensions folder.

My Extra Folder

Heres the files i can remember in library/extensions folder. Use these after successfull boot up into SL

My S/L/E

Make sure to copy Extra folder from USB to your SL partition root upon 1st boot, and install Chameleon boot loader so that you dont need the USB anymore.

Shaumux and Jasjeet,

Many thanks for your input in all of this, and for a wonderfull Guide.

I installed using the methods in post 1 and I was up and running in under 30 minutes!

Jasjeet, I have yet to make my USB installation stick, but thankyou for the Extra's folder :rolleyes:

With both of your help I now have my Ethernet working, and as I had USB speakers attached, they worked out of the box, and even got to hear the intro when you first boot Snowleopard after initial install!

Jasjeet, I took the extra kexts and dropped them into my S/L/E folder and replaced existing - wonderful stuff!

My only two issues are now these;

1) Ethernet : On plugging in my router, a netgear DG834 wireless router, It picks up the first two values for IP address under the DHCP but I get this message:

Ethernet Adaptor (en0) has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet.

So, SL can see the ethernet, but cannot connect to the internet with it ?!?

2) My NVIDIA Quadro 4500 gpu - in Leopard I used NVinject to make it recognize the card - however I know that this will not work in SL. I currently have a 512mb frame buffer until I sort this lol!

What I'd like to try next...

1) Is there any way to make it see the hard drive I have on the other Silicon Image controller?

2) Is it possible to make a bootable usb stick so that when I boot from the usb, it instantly boots my SL disc rather than going into chameleon etc?

Many thanks for all your work, advice and help ;)

Shaumux and Jasjeet,

Many thanks for your input in all of this, and for a wonderfull Guide.

I installed using the methods in post 1 and I was up and running in under 30 minutes!

Jasjeet, I have yet to make my USB installation stick, but thankyou for the Extra's folder :)

With both of your help I now have my Ethernet working, and as I had USB speakers attached, they worked out of the box, and even got to hear the intro when you first boot Snowleopard after initial install!

Jasjeet, I took the extra kexts and dropped them into my S/L/E folder and replaced existing - wonderful stuff!

My only two issues are now these;

1) Ethernet : On plugging in my router, a netgear DG834 wireless router, It picks up the first two values for IP address under the DHCP but I get this message:

Ethernet Adaptor (en0) has a self-assigned IP address and will not be able to connect to the Internet.

So, SL can see the ethernet, but cannot connect to the internet with it ?!?

2) My NVIDIA Quadro 4500 gpu - in Leopard I used NVinject to make it recognize the card - however I know that this will not work in SL. I currently have a 512mb frame buffer until I sort this lol!

What I'd like to try next...

1) Is there any way to make it see the hard drive I have on the other Silicon Image controller?

2) Is it possible to make a bootable usb stick so that when I boot from the usb, it instantly boots my SL disc rather than going into chameleon etc?

Many thanks for all your work, advice and help :)

I don't have a Wireless card so i can't say surely but maybe check the settings on the router as well as OSX.

For your Graphics card try using EFI strings from EFI studio.

I haven't seen any drivers for the chip for OSX yet, but i may be wrong.

You can have an OSX installation onUSB but the procedure would be the same and you would still need chameleon as it is one of the most important parts of hackintosh.

I don't have a Wireless card so i can't say surely but maybe check the settings on the router as well as OSX.

For your Graphics card try using EFI strings from EFI studio.

I haven't seen any drivers for the chip for OSX yet, but i may be wrong.

You can have an OSX installation onUSB but the procedure would be the same and you would still need chameleon as it is one of the most important parts of hackintosh.

Thanks Shaumux, I've been chatting to Aquamac on the quadro issue and he's pointed me in the right direction on this. - Strangely my Leopard install says the same thing on the network control panel but I can get internet just fine - oh well, i'm sure i'll discover why soon! - Also I don't have a wireless card either, i'm connected via ethernet, and Leo see's internet just fine ?!?

Have you had the chance to install 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 yet? what issues if any are there with installing these combo updates that us P5Q Deluxe users should be aware of?

Off topic slightly, I tried to download the beta efi Bios from asus - and their own installer doesn't even work! - typical asus!

Thanks Shaumux, I've been chatting to Aquamac on the quadro issue and he's pointed me in the right direction on this. - Strangely my Leopard install says the same thing on the network control panel but I can get internet just fine - oh well, i'm sure i'll discover why soon! - Also I don't have a wireless card either, i'm connected via ethernet, and Leo see's internet just fine ?!?

Have you had the chance to install 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 yet? what issues if any are there with installing these combo updates that us P5Q Deluxe users should be aware of?

Off topic slightly, I tried to download the beta efi Bios from asus - and their own installer doesn't even work! - typical asus!

Ok sorry,

I dunno how i got the idea that you were using wireless.

Anyway have you folled the instruction to get the network kext working properly?

Try booting with -f.

The old cache may be interfering.

I'm running 10.6.1, updated through the software update feature.

Haven't faced any problems yet. Been too lazy to upgrade to 10.6.2 and i mostly use this OSX install as a hobby.

Should've Updated the topic tile to point out that the updates are working but again my laziness gets in the way.

For the EFI for this board,

You have to flash it using the leprg.exe tool from dos.

You can't flash it in any other way.

Ok sorry,

I dunno how i got the idea that you were using wireless.

Anyway have you folled the instruction to get the network kext working properly?

Try booting with -f.

The old cache may be interfering.

I'm running 10.6.1, updated through the software update feature.

Haven't faced any problems yet. Been too lazy to upgrade to 10.6.2 and i mostly use this OSX install as a hobby.

Should've Updated the topic tile to point out that the updates are working but again my laziness gets in the way.

For the EFI for this board,

You have to flash it using the leprg.exe tool from dos.

You can't flash it in any other way.

I tried doing that, infact I made a dos boot disk and tried from there, but it still didn't want to know!

I'll try a reinstall and see where it takes me, after all, it's a hobby for me also.

Do you have a link to instructions for network kext? - I've printed off the thread, I'll re-read it all and start over - :rolleyes: