G31M-ES2L rev. 1,1

Kext:

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

fakesmc

Chameleon-2-2.0-r431

PC-EFI 10.1

Home made DSDT.aml

I don't know were to start, somebody a suggestion?

I've even bought a usb keyboard today cause i thought the kernel panic was caused by the ps/2 64 bit kext, after a reinstall same kernel error....

Thanks in advance :)

I also had that problem.

When i started the system with parameter -x32 is stopped those crashes.

Hope it works for you and there will be a good solution of the cause soon.

Regards,

Q

Thanks mate :)

I will try it in a couple of minutes, but the biggest pro of snow for me is it 64 bit capability so it isn't really a solution...

Hello,

After a couple of minutes snow leopard (64 bit) gets this kernel error:

img0790h.jpg

Mobo:

G31M-ES2L rev. 1,1

Kext:

NullCPUPowerManagement

OpenHaltRestart

fakesmc

Chameleon-2-2.0-r431

PC-EFI 10.1

Home made DSDT.aml

I don't know were to start, somebody a suggestion?

I've even bought a usb keyboard today cause i thought the kernel panic was caused by the ps/2 64 bit kext, after a reinstall same kernel error....

Thanks in advance :)

seeing 38497198352904 people post about how snow leopard is unstable everyday because of kernel panics is really getting annoying, to the OP you can start by READING how to do this, everyone gets this, its part of the process, it happened because you installed from inside of leopard and permissions are set wrong, its not snow leopard its you.

seeing 38497198352904 people post about how snow leopard is unstable everyday because of kernel panics is really getting annoying, to the OP you can start by READING how to do this, everyone gets this, its part of the process, it happened because you installed from inside of leopard and permissions are set wrong, its not snow leopard its you.

Agree. How do you set the permission? Since most people couldn't do a straight DVD install so they have to resort to ( like I did) this method. I corrected mine on first boot with kext utility but would like to know how to set permission. Please explain.

you will have KP also, if you intsall directly from SL DVD ... before you boot, you have to correct/make Extension.mkext with kextcache under -v -x -s ...

Agree. How do you set the permission? Since most people couldn't do a straight DVD install so they have to resort to ( like I did) this method. I corrected mine on first boot with kext utility but would like to know how to set permission. Please explain.

Open Disk Utility, select your SL partition and hit Repair Disk Permissions button.

That KP is related to Spotlight. (mds / mdworker = spotlight processes)

Add your Snow Leopard HD to the privacy settings in Spotlight in System Prefs.

+1

I disabled all drives in spotlight from Leopard while installing SL which gave me time to boot into SL and run kext utility. Evidently spotlight stores a file on the root of all drives that tells it whether to run or not.

That KP is related to Spotlight. (mds / mdworker = spotlight processes)

Add your Snow Leopard HD to the privacy settings in Spotlight in System Prefs.

Thanks ;)

This + Kext Utility = running for 15 minutes @ 64 bit :D

But spotlight is still indexing, fingers crossed...

One problem i stil didn't solve, i've added efi strings for my vid card with "osx 86 tools" but it didn't change a thing, i cant still not change my resolution.

When i open the file in texteditor I can see that the string is added and that it should be good....

edit:

Indexing finished, still going smooth :P

Thanks for all your help guys :P

edit2:

After running for 40 minutes I did a second reboot, as magic it worked perfectly...

Thanks @ everyone :)

+ Very usefull will be update dyld shared cache:

• Boot with "-s" key (& may be "arch=i386")
  • Mount root dir.
  • Run the next command:
    update_dyld_shared_cache

• If you will have KP, reboot and repeat again.