10.5.8 Installation Guide For HP Pavillion Dv7 1245 Series

motionworks

34 posts in this topic

Hello,

did someone try the "SnowOSX Universal" distribution ? I think it could be easier to install snow leopard on those {censored} hp's... What are you thinking about ?

Did someone fix the usb problem, that only the left usb port is working ?

Hey guys,

I got my other 2 usb ports to work... with the help of a friend :D

He linked me a thread in this forum which is about the installation of ideneb 1.4 on a dv7 1000 I guess.. And yeah, those usb kexts really work.

It's poor that noone replied to me but I'm not as mad as you guys are.. I like helping others so that's why I give all the information about how the osx thing is going on on my laptop.

Now I'm thinking of buying a wifi card for my laptop.

I've got a question but I guess it's not the right platform for it.. hmm.. about wifi etc.

Kind regards

Kevin

Hi, I don't know if someone is reading what I'm posting here, but...

I just want to help :(

The best sound drivers are the iDeneb 1.4 IDT kexts.. Install them both (HDA and HDAenabler) on your HDD, I used OSX86Tools and then reboot.

Here the kexts:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=64747B7S

http://rapidshare.com/files/329761171/IDTk...nabler.zip.html

It will work perfectly for you. In iDeneb 1.4 even through HDMI the sound works perfectly.. I guess here in 10.5.8 REtail it'll work perfectly, too.

Now I ordered the wifi card, it seems to be a broadcom BCM94312MCG... Why ? Because it is going to work out of the box as I read.. no BIOS flashing etc... I don't know but I just read it. Hope it'll do so! There seem to be drivers, too. So I guess for 9,90€ included shipping I can't do anything wrong.

For kismac I have my current USB stick (it works perfectly but I don't want to always uninstall the drivers and reboot for using kismac that's why I ordered this internal mini pci wifi card), my stick is a Sitecom WL-172 with the Ralink RT73 chipset. It works in OSX, Linux, Windows.. you can get this stick in the brittish ebay for about 9 Pound I guess..

I bought myself this chip when I lived in England about 4 years ago and it works perfectly until today.

Other than that I think I'll give Snow Leopard a try these days.. hmm..

• 1 month later...

I installed successfully Snow Leopard to Hp Dv7 1245ef. I decided to install because i hate windows 7 performance.

Right now, Everything works and stable except;

-Sleep

-Trackpad gestures

- Sound working without volume adjust on the keyboard button.

- Only left usb is working.

Otherwise it works great. Of course i changed my wifi as i said before to Broadcom. And it works great too!

I am trying to fix. Then i will publish installation guide with necessary kexts and tips.

Sound working with volume control. Touchpad is working without Scroll. Usb ports working.

Camera and mic is working too.

Sleep is not working.

It is almost done and very stable. Current version is 10.6.2

When i found a solution for Trackpad scroll, i will share my installation.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, thanks for sharing the wifi driver. Works like a charm for me.

After installing the 10.5.8 update, airport stop working until i installed the driver provided by motionworks.

I'm using dell inspiron 1440.

Hackintosh ideneb 10.5.7 distribution. Sound, network and wifi works. However still can't get native resolution.

Have to live with 1024 x 768 which is still cool.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I tried to install OSX86 on my HP laptop, I'd previously installed iAtkos 7 on my desktop easily but the thing is I can't install none of the distros on my laptop !!

I tried iAtkos 7i & 5i & Snow Leopard but none of them worked !

the thing is I can get the installation done with options like cpus=1 and busratio=10.5 or 20 but I can't boot up the OS in anyway with any flags !!

and I'm pretty sure that the problem is with my mobo or cpu (mostly cpu) .

my laptop spec. are as below :

============================================

HP Pavilion DV6t-2000 series

Mobo : Intel (I'm guessing ... :confused: )

CPU : Intel Core i7 Q720 1.6 GHz 4 cores, 8 logical cores

RAM : 4 GB DDR3 (1333 hz bus)

Bios : Insyde F.13

H.D.D 500 GB SATA with Intel 5 series/3400 series 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

Audio : IDT HD Audio controller

VGA : Geforce GT 230 M (1 GB dedicated memory)

Network Card : Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

Wifi : Broadcom 802.11g

============================================

I tried different distros and they been installed successfully but none of them would boot even with many different setup combinations !

If you could help or point me in the right direction It'd be really really kind of you ! :(

Any help or info is greatly appreciated !

Thanks