iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition

Jack Layne

67 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

this is the version Lite of iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8.

Essentially the big difference with Complete version, is the absence most of Audio and ATI Drivers, and the different structure of the dvd.

In this version there are only AzaliaAudio and VoodooHDA like drivers audio, and ATY_init by Netkas for ATI Drivers.

Then, there are no more default patches, but only pre-select package.

This version gives more freedom to the users on the choice of drivers. You can see on screeshot of the OSInstall.

In this version there are only six additional languanges: Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.

Before install remember:

- Check the iso md5;

- Read carefuly the "readme.rtf" file and during the installation read the package descriptions.

For more info, you can visit the official project site.

idenebv161058liteeditio.th.jpgidenebv161058liteeditio.th.jpg

iDeneb_v1.6_1058_LE_Docs.rtf

• Like 3

Lite of iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 installs Just Fine How ever even with -v boot flag I end up with a Black Screen and the HDD Never Loads???

Any Clue to what is causing this???

my system specs.

AMD 5200+

mobo Asus M2NPV-VM

2 Gig Cossair DRR 800

150 Gig WD Ide

Ati 3870

Why isnt my external drive and card reader recognized during install? Is there a command i can use during the bootloader? I like to have osx86 boot to my external so i dont have to dual boot or switch drives in and out. iPC is the only one that works but i would like to play around with iDeneb.

What name & password works? This installed on top of an existing system (JaS) 10.5.4 successfully, but the Administrator account was also changed to something new; the previous password doesn't work.

Even changing the time of day requires name & password; the "padlock" was changed to "locked".

I installed iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition on my computer, expecting that my GTX260 would work, but.....no.

Afterwards i even tried to download a .pkg installer for the GTX200 series graphics cards - still not working. I can't even force the resolution 1920x1080x32 on my Acer X233H monitor.

Any1 got suggestions on how to solve this?

- Thanks

Awesome - I thought i'd try choosing installing all drivers once more, with the older version bootloader, and now everything works perfectly!

For the GFX i chose the new alpha version vRAM-detector.

GeForce GTX 260:

Chipset Model: GeForce GTX 260

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 896 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x05e2

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

ACER X233H:

Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have:

Motherboard: Intel Lakeport GI945GC

RAM: 2 GB 667mhz

S-ATA: 300 GB Samsung

VGA: Intel GMA 950

LAN: Realtek 8139/810X

Sound: Sigmatel STA C9221

I installed iDeneb 10.5.8 and my ethernet was fine (before restart computer)

But when I restar my Hackinstosh my ethernet controller still exist however say "the cable is unplugued" and the cable was plugged.

Anyone know solve this ?

Best Regards

I don't have internet access at all! I installed iAtkos v7 before with the same network driver(nForce) and it worked. but it doesn't works in iDeneb v1.6

one more problem is that iDeneb doesn't detects my dvd-rom! I also have wireless network card with drivers on cd and when I put the cd - nothing happens, no messages, no new drives on desktop as well as in "explorer" =)

don't know what to do. no dvd-rom = no internet, no internet = no mac(

I tried Ideneb 1.6 everyday since its out. And still no fully functional install. Getting sick of it!!

Someone help me. I have an Asus P5B Deluxe. When my internet works then my firewire doesnt work. I remove the AppleHPET.kext , do a restart. Then the whole system doesnt start anymore. it crashes when entering Leo. AAAAAGGH

• 2 weeks later...

I've installed this distro and most of my hardware seems fairly functional.

My only issue is, when I install the kexts for my GC (Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT) the resolution changes and everthing looks great. Untill I try to use the mouse, it's inverted Up is down, left is right ect and it's jumpy... if I remove Nvinject.kext it reverts back to 1024x746 and the mouse is fine. There is also an issue with using the search bar in Finder or trying to change the screensaver in 1680x1050 it will sorta freeze up but the mouse still moves and will switch from inverted to normal function repeatedly. :thumbsup_anim:

Any assistance on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

UPDATE: I've found a solution!! I gathered up all the Geforce and nVidia kexts from Leopard 10.5.5 system and installed them into 10.5.8 using OSX86Tools and it works like a dream!! Hopes it helps others :soldiers:

I don't have internet access at all! I installed iAtkos v7 before with the same network driver(nForce) and it worked. but it doesn't works in iDeneb v1.6

one more problem is that iDeneb doesn't detects my dvd-rom! I also have wireless network card with drivers on cd and when I put the cd - nothing happens, no messages, no new drives on desktop as well as in "explorer" =)

don't know what to do. no dvd-rom = no internet, no internet = no mac(

hi gorro,

i thought as well that I did not have dvd but it was there.

Try to run:

A /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/Eject.menu

it should appear on the top panel. At least it was my problem.

Regards,

bozon42

PS: i have another problem - i cannot restart/shutdown my desktop pc.