iDeneb v1.6 10.5.8 Lite Edition

Jack Layne

67 posts in this topic

I've installed this distro and most of my hardware seems fairly functional.

My only issue is, when I install the kexts for my GC (Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT) the resolution changes and everthing looks great. Untill I try to use the mouse, it's inverted Up is down, left is right ect and it's jumpy... if I remove Nvinject.kext it reverts back to 1024x746 and the mouse is fine. There is also an issue with using the search bar in Finder or trying to change the screensaver in 1680x1050 it will sorta freeze up but the mouse still moves and will switch from inverted to normal function repeatedly. :)

Any assistance on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!!

I have the same issue. I installed 10.5.7 using iATKOS. If I do not select any videos patches (by the way my video card is an eVGS Nvidia 8400 GS PCI-E) default video is 1024x768 no QE/CI supported. I try multiple patches. The one that seems to work (at least to have 1280x1024 display is teh old NVkush. But no QE/CI (:gun: ). I compared it to my existing 10.5.5 system and the IOPCIMatch settings are the same but no QE/CI. As soon as I get this video drivers my mouse goes inverted and jerky.

Couple of oops in the installed - Software Update hangs and Installer hangs. I solved the installer by using Pacifist. Have not figure out the SU. By the way I can update to the 10.5.8 ComboUpd.pk from apple without doing anything special

• 1 month later...

Is there anyone succeeded installing v1.6 on Toshiba L310?

If anyone can share successful story, I'd really appreciate it.

By the way, it works well on AMD X2 3600 with geforce 7300 GS with Quartz enabled - although it crashes once a while when playing HL2.

I was able to install iDeneb with -v maxmem=2048, all went well, though I had selected the DSDT Patch package because it wouldn't boot afterwards, (Hang at MAC Framework.. yada yada) the install log has some random failure (probably permissions/inability to write something) and doesn't produce a dsdt.aml file. How would I go about running the patch myself during the install through Terminal?? (Noob @ Terminal so i'd need to some detailed instructions on how to navigate directories....)

Thanks...

EDIT: Here's an image with the Install Logs

img1842n.th.jpg

I have iDeneb 10.5.6 installed on a Toshiba U305. I did a bunch of small Apple software updates with no problems, but I didn't select the update to 10.5.8 because I wasn't sure if it would work okay since it's over 700MB's. Please tell me if it will update ok, or where I need to go to get an update or even if I should just leave it as 10.5.6. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

If I boot iDeneb 1.6 Lite from DVD/USB I cant use the recovery feature. If I click on it, it starts the recoveryprogramm, but if i click next it just freezes and I see the colored mouseball. Any idea? I need to recover my Time Machine backup as fast as possilbe!

Awesome - I thought i'd try choosing installing all drivers once more, with the older version bootloader, and now everything works perfectly!

For the GFX i chose the new alpha version vRAM-detector.

Hi..i just read your post regarding the same VGA that we have..i have installed on my pc successfully with default setup. I only got problem with my vga which i can't find suiteable driver. I have tested some installers but i only gave me a blank screen ob boot screen ( on apple logo), where chamelon can't be started.

Now i'm using default 60Hz, which is bad for my eyes..can you guide how to setup my system to work a yours ?

this is my pc :

abit ix38 quad gt

intel q6600

da gtx260 sonic

nb : please give me a DUMMY guide about this, i'm a new user on mac..i'll be glad if it can be sent to my email an_shari@yahoo.com

Thanks

I use this DVD on my HP DC7700 CMT and it creates a great working hackintosh, has all the options need for this machine. below is my install process for those wishing to get up and running.

What you will need

• iDeneb V1.6 10.5.8 DVD (download it from the usual places)

• Supported Video card (important: the built in video will not work)

• Nic card (the built in nic on the 7700 is not 100% efficient. I use a RLT 8169, they are cheap and supported)

• Latest bios update (I use bios defaults)

Getting Started

Boot up the DVD and format the disk (if you want to dual boot your system you can but that is not covered in this guide, this assumes you are using the entire disk for hackintosh)

• Click on Utilities and click on Disk Utility: partition the drive using GUID option.

• Name the disk whatever you want but no spaces (ie iHack)

• Quit disk utility

Continue with the install

Select your Destination (whatever you name your disk)

Click Customize (Very important as you need to select options)

iDeneb OSx86 Components 10.5.8 Ready

• Bootloader = Chameleon V2

Kernel = 9.8.0 Kernel Vanilla

• IDeneb x86 Essential Patches (leave selected and select these)

AppleSMBIOS Drivers

AppleSMBIOS Enablers check SMBIOSResolver

AppleSMBIOS Patches check AppleSMBIOS MacPro

• Drivers

Audio click AppleAzaliaAudio

Chipset click ICHx Fixed

Network click Ethernet Intel 82566 for built in nic or whatever PCI card your are using

Video click on your supported card, for Nvidia 8500GT I use NVida-NVidia Enablers-NVKush

Click Done and begin installing

Note:

If the first time after install you do not have USB keyboard or mouse hold the power button in for 6 seconds and force shut down, then reboot.

Power Management on the DC 7700 doesn’t seem to work well so I turn it off.

if USB keyboard and mouse still don't work delete AppleHPET.kext.

Hello!

I got some troubles with this Release. Some days before i bought a new mainboard and i still want to use iDeneb. But the Problem is, if i install iDeneb and select the R1000 Driver the system didn't find mit Network Card.

If i use iAtkos and i select the R1000 Driver every think is working fine.

Mainboard = M3N78-EM

Networkchipset = RTL8211CL

Thanks for answer! Best regards and happy new year!

Hello!

I got some troubles with this Release. Some days before i bought a new mainboard and i still want to use iDeneb. But the Problem is, if i install iDeneb and select the R1000 Driver the system didn't find mit Network Card.

If i use iAtkos and i select the R1000 Driver every think is working fine.

Mainboard = M3N78-EM

Networkchipset = RTL8211CL

Thanks for answer! Best regards and happy new year!

Well, take the driver from iAtkos then...

I already tried to use the driver vom iAtkos but it didn't work. I copied the R1000.pkg form the dvd and installed on the iDeneb system. And no ethernet card was found. But if i use iAtkos ethernet works without troubles.

Best regards

from what I have read updating to 10.6.2 from 10.5.8 doesn't work and will kill your install. best practice is to do a complete install using one of the 10.6.2 methods. first make sure your hardware will work, that will save you alot of time. I am using 10.6.2 on my HP DC 7700 but had to replace the motherboard on my system. details on my website.

• 1 month later...

let's see if you going to reply this question

iDeneb 10.5.8 lite edition is the best i have found so far for my m1530 but is there any way i can get the dual screen work?

it always works on the first boot, a restart, and clicking on detect display results in blank screen on both screens

what do i do, why the heck it works on the first boot?

aside from that everything is perfect

First here is my system, I have 2 basically the same computers both exhibiting the same behavior. They have been running iDeneb V1.4 (5.5) rock solid since it came out until now with iDeneb V1.6 lite.

Asus M2R32-MVP Motherboard

AMD 5600+ (dual core)

4 gb ram

ATI SB600

ADI1988A audio

Marvell 88e8001 ethernet

Nvidia 7300 video 256

The problem:

Several hours after installing iDeneb V1.6 lite (5.8) both computers freeze up. Works perfectly until then. Activity Monitor shows kernel_task maxed out. Occasionally it will recover on its own after a few minutes but usually needs to be restarted via the reset button on computer because its to locked up to do anything else. Once it locks up the first time future lockups come sooner and sooner like something is being corrupted though Disk Utility never finds anything new bad.

Nothing useful shows up on console logs. Usually shows nothing at all during time of lockups.

Activity Monitor never shows any other task using lots of cpu % during freezes.

Note: System will even freeze after fresh install and left totally alone long enough with no apps launched or 3rd party stuff installed (other than what OS X runs as default on boot up).

Things I've tried with no effect (have reinstalled more than a dozen times):

kernels (and proper system/seatbelt kexts):

ANV (Qoopz) 9.8.0 V1

ANV 9.8.0 V1.7

ANV (Qoopz) 9.8.0 V2

ANV 9.5.0

ANV 9.6.0

ANV 9.5.0

Things selected:

Chameleon 2 (also tried older version)

Azelia audio (Tried without audio support also)

NVidia 2.1 256

AppleATI (SB chipset)

AHCI-IDE (tried with and without)

Skge (for Marvell ethernet)

Various combos of patches and fixes.

Tried booting and running off a USB drive to eliminate SB chipset, still freezes the same.

Tried disabling Spotlight.

tried cpus=1

Tried removing 2 gb ram.

Re-downloaded and re-burned DVD (3 times).

Tried different hard drives and cables.

Tried both AHCI (used fine with 10.5.5) and Native IDE.

Of course disabled anything un-needed in BIOS.

I always did clean install and didn't use Time Machine or Migration Assistant so nothing was brought over from 10.5.5 at all.

I have gone back to 10.5.5 and still rock solid. If anyone has any insight into what's going on or has a fix please let me know. I can't believe I am the only one with this problem as its repeatable on 2 computers (albeit the same type). I searched here and also googled other places and found nothing that related directly to this problem.

Thanks!