10.5.8 is out?

jb90000

49 posts in this topic

Some highlights from apple:

What's included in this update:

• Upgrades Safari to version 4.0.2.
  • Improves the accuracy of full history search in Safari 4.
  • Resolves an issue in which certain resolutions might not appear in the Display pane in System Preferences.
  • Dragging an Aperture image into Automator now invokes an Aperture action instead of incorrectly invoking an iPhoto action.
  • Resolves an issue that could prevent importing of large photo and movie files from digital cameras.
  • Improves overall Bluetooth reliability with external devices, USB webcams and printers.
  • Addresses an issue that could cause extended startup times.
  • Improves iCal reliability with MobileMe Sync and CalDav.
  • Addresses data reliability issues with iDisk and MobileMe.
  • Improves overall reliability with AFP.
  • Improves overall reliability with Managed Client.
  • Improves compatibility and reliability for joining AirPort networks.
  • Improves Sync Service reliability.
  • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
  • Improves compatibility with some external USB hard drives.
  • Includes latest security fixes.

And the best is - it seems to be save to install for Hackintosh, because I wrote this from my freshly to 10.5.8 updatet IDeneb. In my case, the only things I have to do after install: 1. permission repair, 2. Reinstall NewHDIconfix, 3. Reinstall TMfix, thats it...

Looks like it boots faster than before - okay....

Enjoy! ;)

I'm on AMD and I was able to update with only a few steps.

1. Use AMD patcher to patch update

2. Reinstall Voodoo Kernel 9.5 from iPC 10.5.6

3. Reinstall 10.5.5 version of seatbelt.kext

4. Reinstall audio driver

5. Reinstall Chameleon 2.0 RC2

I'm pleased to be running 10.5.8 on its first day of release!

just updated my 10.5.7 to 10.5.8 w/o bigger issues

after the upgrade I just replaced the AppleSMBios with version 28 and reverted AppleHDA for sound

Some kext get updated while the upgrade but the kext timestamp does not get updated. This is valid for the two files mentioned above which is why it took me a couple of minutes to find them ;-)

I'm running an Asus P5Q Pro with Q9550 CPU and ATI 3870 with QE

David

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R went well

sleep is now broken though

:)

it was working great in 10.5.7

anyone else having problems with sleeep?

Same here, Sleep was working great in 10.5.7 without patch and now is totally broken.

Same here, Sleep was working great in 10.5.7 without patch and now is totally broken.

Hi Konami,

sleep image is unusable for you...

you have got a ATI video so that generate 1/4 monitor on start!!

bye

geminimac

Upgraded from an iAtkos 10.5.7 build. Just downloaded the 10.5.8 update (non combo) from here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/

I boot my OSX off an external e-sata drive connected via a jmicron controller... No issues there.

Simply ran the update and didn't need to do anything. Everything is working including the audio (kX Audio) video is fine and my USB hard drives are now mounting properly - it used to not be detected and/or hang the system.

So far so good

Regarding Sleep not working anymore.

It doesn't by any means have anything to do with this little sower saving option, which had to be enabled in 10.5.7 to fix sleep?

pic1.jpg

Sorry for the german screen of my power saving options, but it should point you in the right direction. It should have been ticked for sleep to work in 10.5.7. Could someone who already has updated to 10.5.8 check if sleep works when this option ist unticked?

Cheers,

Maroder

Just installed on an Acer 6935g with ideneb .... and now my trackpad and keyboard dont work!!!!

It takes plenty time to boot up .

During the booting screen I have a ban on the apple and it takes 4-5 mins before to log in !!!

any Ideas?

Just installed on an Acer 6935g with ideneb .... and now my trackpad and keyboard dont work!!!!

It takes plenty time to boot up .

During the booting screen I have a ban on the apple and it takes 4-5 mins before to log in !!!

any Ideas?

Did you repair the permissions after install?

Just did it ... still no keyboard and trackpad! :-)

I tried to boot in verbose mode and I obtain this error :

"failed to load extension com.apple.driver.applesmbios"

Maybe if I install this kext again I could fix the problem ....

I'm afraid to update. I'm still back on 10.5.6 Because 10.5.7 Completely killed my install.

I have a dell XPS M140 With a Intel Centrino Processor Intel Graphics, and 2GB of Ram, Only Thing I've ever changed is upgrading the ram to 2GB and adding a new wireless card (intel -> broadcom) If anyone could tell me how to update or give me any advice I would really appreciate it.

Just did it ... still no keyboard and trackpad! :-)

repair permissions helps only sometimes in case of slow system, not with keyboard or trackpad. Is the system performance better now?

Regarding Sleep not working anymore.

It doesn't by any means have anything to do with this little sower saving option, which had to be enabled in 10.5.7 to fix sleep?

pic1.jpg

Sorry for the german screen of my power saving options, but it should point you in the right direction. It should have been ticked for sleep to work in 10.5.7. Could someone who already has updated to 10.5.8 check if sleep works when this option ist unticked?

Cheers,

Maroder

Hallo Maroder,

da Du ein deutsches System benutzt, gehe ich einfach mal davon aus, das Du auch die Sprache sprichst. Also in meinem Fall funktioniert der Sleep-Modus. Früher hatte ich auch Probleme damit und hatte das Feature abgeschaltet. Ich habe es gerade eben ausprobiert und es klappt wunderbar. Die Checkbuttons, die Du hast, habe ich allerdings gar nicht. Bei mir gibt es nur 2 Optionen: 1. Wenn möglich Ruhezustand der Festplatten aktivieren - habe ich an und 2. Aktivieren des Ruhezustands über Ein-/Ausschalter ermöglichen - habe ich nicht an.

To make a long story short: In my case sleep is working.

I tried to boot in verbose mode and I obtain this error :

"failed to load extension com.apple.driver.applesmbios"

Maybe if I install this kext again I could fix the problem ....

As I wrote above I had to reinstall the AppleSMBios since the upgrade to 10.5.8 did some changes inside this file. I was getting the same message (in yellow) while booting with -v. I'm using version 28, search in this forum for it

My approach is to take a whole backup of the extension folder before the upgrade so I can more easily go back for single kext files and backup the new ones again before I overwrite them with the old ones so I can go back to them as well if needed ;-)

David

As I wrote above I had to reinstall the AppleSMBios since the upgrade to 10.5.8 did some changes inside this file. I was getting the same message (in yellow) while booting with -v. I'm using version 28, search in this forum for it

My approach is to take a whole backup of the extension folder before the upgrade so I can more easily go back for single kext files and backup the new ones again before I overwrite them with the old ones so I can go back to them as well if needed ;-)

David

The extension folder backup could be a very good idea but like any others backups ... you realize to do it after u cant do it anymore !!! :-) Anyway yes the message was in yellow i think I have your same problem ... sohave I to reinstall the applesmbios version 28?

For anyone who wants an easy way to update... Please head over to Netkas.org. Follow the easy steps and use OSX86tools and you'll be all set.

I added the step of backing up my extensions (kexts) with OSX86tools and reinstalling using osxTools and my system is 100% 10.5.8

Cheers guys :P