D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1 working

nixblicker

57 posts in this topic

I also struggled to get htis working under kalyway 10.5.1 but now it works, installed the rakis packages mentioned above, but still no connection.

I deleted in the network preference pane the entry for my wired nic, after that I inmediatly received configuration questions for the usb networkcard (dedected as an ethernet entry), I choosed for manual ip address and wireless was working afterwards without problems (no nedd to boot with -f or anything else) didn't try untill now if replug is necesary, always pulled in the usb stick after everything was booted cometely, will test further on)

Hi. I work on Kalyway 10.5.1 and i have D-Link DWL-G122 Rev. C1. This WiFi adapter working on my comp. but when i live it longer tourn on then my comp. show me error and i must restart.

I have HP Pavilion dv6599ew. Maybe someone now what is wrong. Please help. And sorry for my English.

Just a description of my experiences with this adapter.

I installed the 10.4 drivers that are located on the D-Link install cd on my 10.5 system. Wifi works, had to add a new ethernet interface in system preferences. However, I had to plug it in after each boot, otherwise it would not work.

Then I messed about a bit with some home made drivers and replug fixes I found on this forum. Didn't solve a thing.

But now I noticed there are new drivers from Ralink (manufacturer of the chipset in this usb stick) for Leopard!

The catch is that they'r only available on their Taiwanese site :-) .

Here they are: http://www.ralinktech.com.tw/Home/Support/Macintosh.html (get the second usb package)

No problems at all anymore.

Pity there's no airport menu, though.

Okay. Seems I was a bit too optimistic. The driver gives me kernel panics from time to time. Using the latest driver from the Taiwanese ralink site.

Really annoying. Might ditch this stick and look for a compeletely compatible one (which is hard to find, with all these contradicting statements on this forum).

• 2 weeks later...

i did an D-Link driver pgk with all the wireless drivers that D-Link did release, there are drivers for these cards:

DWA-111

DWA-140

DWL-G122 (H/W: C1)

DWL-G510 (The ones using Ralink chip, i belive it is the C version, but we only sell one H/W version here in Denmark/Sweden/Norway/Finland and that is the version i too the drivers for)

The drivers are the ones i got from oure dev team, beside the DWL-G510 where i took the ralink driver that shoud match the chip.

• 3 months later...

i got my DWL-G122 revC1 working with Ralink (currently running the latest version)

today i found out something thriling: if i start my osx in safe mode (-x), i don't have to replug the dongle - so there's hope

this gets us to a device detection problem, actually something shi*ty (not) happening there

any1 can reproduce this behaviour?

also, any1 can post any hint on where to get from here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes , but be carefull , don't upgrade to 10.5.4 , because after you update, you can not connect anymore, even you unplug and replug the usb dongle, leo can not recognize the dongle.

the usb dongle can connect if you boot with -x option.

Regards,

Jack Oey

Gotcha! It works!

My DWL-G122 C1 works with Leopard 1.5.1!

After a long day of testing....

I installed

1. Info - RTUSB D2870-1.0.1.0b_D71w-1.1.7.0c_D2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.4.8.0_2007_11_26.dmg

2. Info - Ralink Wireless Drivers Installation Wizard.mpkg.zip

3. Info - ralinkv015.zip

After installing, i followed the instroctution of the installer:

1. Repair the permission

2. reboot and start with boot option "-f"

3. Have Fun.

is it running well with leo 10.5.4 ?

Regards,

jack Oey

Forget it guys, this piece of :) adapter is going right back to the drawer.

I bought myself today a TP-Link TL-WN650G PCI adapter and not only does it work but it is recognized as AirPort :D

• 3 weeks later...

Big thanks to everybody on this forum for figuring this out!

I was in a bit of a pinch, in need of a wireless dongle for my box before I went to uni

I used this driver (DWL_G122.zip) and after a restart, using the new ethernet port it created I manually set myself an IP and entered my router's IP in [system Prefs > Network] and it worked fine. It gets really good signal, I'm at 99% a lot of the time and it never drops below 75% (1 floor difference between myself and the router)

Again, thanks guys!

- Dave

• 2 months later...

Using this DMG (link is on the 1st page on the bottom - member treamy)

RTUSB D2870-1-1.0.1.0b_D71w-1.1.7.0c_D2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.4.8.0_2007_11_26.dmg

(in my Intel box running Kalyway 10.5.5 --- more in my signature)

the dongle

DWL-G122 Rev C1 Ver 3.10

runs very well! This reply I write while connected thru that dongle...

btw: Hi nkiuls! Your DWL_G122.zip works on my box too!

post-128911-1229009929_thumb.jpg

post-128911-1229010310_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone use this adapter at a high load ? I bought one last week; currently using the stock drivers which were on the CD-rom: version 3.10. It connects fine and when using it for just webbrowsing, mailing etc I have no problems with it (currently posting this with the adapter). However when I try and stream video from a network drive (connected through NFS) my system locks up at random times. Does anyone else have this sort of problem with the adapter under high load ? If not what drivers are you using ?

Does anyone use this adapter at a high load ? I bought one last week; currently using the stock drivers which were on the CD-rom: version 3.10. It connects fine and when using it for just webbrowsing, mailing etc I have no problems with it (currently posting this with the adapter). However when I try and stream video from a network drive (connected through NFS) my system locks up at random times. Does anyone else have this sort of problem with the adapter under high load ? If not what drivers are you using ?

Yep, high load gives trouble..

• 2 weeks later...
Gotcha! It works!

My DWL-G122 C1 works with Leopard 1.5.1!

After a long day of testing....

I installed

1. Info - RTUSB D2870-1.0.1.0b_D71w-1.1.7.0c_D2500-1.1.3.0 UI-1.4.8.0_2007_11_26.dmg

2. Info - Ralink Wireless Drivers Installation Wizard.mpkg.zip

3. Info - ralinkv015.zip

After installing, i followed the instroctution of the installer:

1. Repair the permission

2. reboot and start with boot option "-f"

3. Have Fun.

If you are booting with the Boot from EFI Partition Method, or a Boot-132 disc or similar, there is an easy way to avoid both the plug/unplug and the use of "-f" boot option.

After installing, go to System Profiler > Extensions, and look for an extension named RT73USBWirelessDriver or RT2500USBWirelessDriver or something similar. Just copy that extension to your Extension folder in the EFI partition or in the initrd.img of the Boot-132 disc and you are set!

Let me know if it works for you as well.

Some interesting info: the RT73 version, which is the one that comes with the USB Stick from D-Link, seems to cause kernel panics quite often, especially if used with torrent clients and such. I'm going to uninstall it and install Relink drivers instead (i.e. RT71) and see what happens. This seems like a common issue and it has to do with a poorly written driver.

Another thing: the G122 does NOT use the RT2500, so you can delete it from your system.

• 9 months later...