NVIDIA GEFORCE G 105M Support

Jesus.Franco

132 posts in this topic

I have an Asus K40IE with a NVIDIA Geforce G310M.

I installed Snow Leopard with iPortable Snow. I installed the EVGA drivers followed by NVInject.

I am able to choose my resolution from the system preference. Also, system profiler shows that I have 512mb of VRAM (Which is correct). However, I cannot get QE/CI support. Keynote tells me that I have not enough VRAM to play the slideshow.

Can anyone help me?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Hi all. I bought laptop Samsung R519-JS02 it is the video card nVidia GeForce G105M.

Installed iDeneb v1.6.

By this manuals i able to start video card using the drivers from EVGA for 2xx series and Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg. Even in the manual is written that the card rises drivers from EVGA and XDarwin_Nvidia_Installer_V_1.1_OSX.mpkg but I have not worked out this option. Resolution to put normal but the system slows down and the screen is full of artifacts. The same mess with EVGA and NVdarwin 1.2.5.

The question here is what a card started working (see attach) current so any 3D or 2D system hangs. Mouse moving farther and the rest do not work. While decide this issue keys win + q and closing the lid laptop, half a minute later and again everything was normal. Maybe someone experienced how to solve this?

screen1ue.th.png

PS. Sorry for my bad english))

Have you solve this problem? I got the same...

• 2 weeks later...
I have an Asus K40IE with a NVIDIA Geforce G310M.

I installed Snow Leopard with iPortable Snow. I installed the EVGA drivers followed by NVInject.

I am able to choose my resolution from the system preference. Also, system profiler shows that I have 512mb of VRAM (Which is correct). However, I cannot get QE/CI support. Keynote tells me that I have not enough VRAM to play the slideshow.

Can anyone help me?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Any success of late?

someone...my friend has got succces with g310m in SL.

He said, for install it, just install the last boot chameleon and write GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.boot.plist.

Well I know that it will be supported through a generic NVIDIA driver. But even with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Does he actually get QE/CI? Because from the results I saw, even with this flag, they are not getting the ripple effect when they add the widget. Nor can they run the screensaver smoothly or run Front Row... (All which require QE/CI)......

Well I know that it will be supported through a generic NVIDIA driver. But even with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Does he actually get QE/CI? Because from the results I saw, even with this flag, they are not getting the ripple effect when they add the widget. Nor can they run the screensaver smoothly or run Front Row... (All which require QE/CI)......

Yes it does. he got full QE/CI ;)

Hey all.I have a some issues here. I just installed iDereb v1.6 10.5.8 on my Compaq CQ61-104.Anyway I search the forums up and down for a final solution on nVidia G103m but I do it. Can someone give me a quick solution in order to see some decent 1280x1024. I downloaded xdarwin nvidia drivers I check all 9 series but when it reboots I get a black screen.....(so I booted terminal and deleted the nvinject.kext in order to get my OS back....

Can any1 plz help me out?

• 2 weeks later...

OKAY :) I got my nVidia G310M on my SL.

Firstly, I updated mac to 10.6.3 then add graphics enabler tag to boot.plist.

and poof :) oh you may want to extract drivers from 10.6.3 combo update if you do not wish to update to 10.6.3

OKAY :P I got my nVidia G310M on my SL.

and poof :D oh you may want to extract drivers from 10.6.3 combo update if you do not wish to update to 10.6.3

Wow .... :) I have a personal battle with nvidia g210M :D (my laptop has dual graphic card: intel gma 4500 loads by default and geforce g210m)

do you think this method can make work the g210m on my asus ul50vg.

Thank You

OKAY :( I got my nVidia G310M on my SL.

and poof :( oh you may want to extract drivers from 10.6.3 combo update if you do not wish to update to 10.6.3

Are you saying that 10.6.3 adds support to it? If so that's great!

• 2 weeks later...
OH YEAH!!

I got it working (almost) perfectly!

HDMI port is working too!

I just installed nVidia GT200 (that is present in iAtkos v7) and Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards (Selecting Nvidia 9 series and EFI) and rebooted then worked perfectly!

So if you have a GeForce G 105M read all this thread, and see the solutions that I've tried and find the best for you!

As an attachment I'll leave the installer that I had to use after installing iAtkos v7, I think you don't have to do a fresh install BUT as the installer says if you have ANY other injector or enabler currently installed you'll have to erase it before running the installer!

The graphic card is detected as if is was a GeForce 9800GX2 but with some kext editing you can easily change it to the real name!

My next step is to install the update 10.5.8 and see what happens!

THANK YOU ypyean!

Hello Music.Leecher

Please I used your method and it's causes gray kernal panic. "It's writes "Press down the power button to restart". Please what am I doing wrong?? When installing iATKOS v7 10.5.7 it's goes smoothly. When installing with the vga I choose Nvidia GT200 & GT200 EVGA driver. Please when doing your installation, how did you customize your installation??

Do I need to disable a kext or delete a file first. When I view system profile and click on graphic display u will see two graphics card . One as inbuilt that's Intel and nvidia as the second slot: NVIDIA (0x10de) PCIe

QE/QI is not working.

Please your help will appreciated?

I'm using new laptop:

--------------------------------------

UX50V-RMSX05 Notebook

Intel Core 2 Solo SU3500 1.4GHz - 15.6"

WXGA - 4GB DDR2 SDRAM -

500GB HDD

Gigabit Ethernet

Wi-Fi

Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Graphics Controller Model GeForce G 105M

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get QE/CI working on 10.6.3 with 310M. I used the GraphicsEnabler tag in Charmeleon.

Only problem is, system profiler shows unknown card. also, when I plug in a VGA cable, the laptop hangs and I have to force shut down.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got this working with Snow?

I have 10.6.3 running on my system and have working Graphics with the nVidia GeForce G 105m GPU. Working HDMI and VGA, o and 512 MB of vRam that OS X recognized. I am not using any special drivers or kexts just have my com.apple.Boot.plist looking like this: (Important things are bold)

<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1600x900x32</string> - (This is just for the boot-loader and will not effect your res in 10.6)
[b][i]<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>y</string>[/b][/i]
</dict>
</plist>

Here is a Screen shot of System Profiler.

post-538112-1273981163_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

hi , im running a HP dv4 1301tx ,

i read the whole thread on G105 ,

using SL 10.6

i installed SL using EMPIRE EFI 1.08 LEGACY, thus is there a way to install the driver for my graphics card G105M ?

thanks in advance !

and p.s ( Does anyone know where to find mac driver for webcam besides maccam) thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
OH YEAH!!

I got it working (almost) perfectly!

HDMI port is working too!

I just installed nVidia GT200 (that is present in iAtkos v7) and Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards (Selecting Nvidia 9 series and EFI) and rebooted then worked perfectly!

So if you have a GeForce G 105M read all this thread, and see the solutions that I've tried and find the best for you!

As an attachment I'll leave the installer that I had to use after installing iAtkos v7, I think you don't have to do a fresh install BUT as the installer says if you have ANY other injector or enabler currently installed you'll have to erase it before running the installer!

The graphic card is detected as if is was a GeForce 9800GX2 but with some kext editing you can easily change it to the real name!

My next step is to install the update 10.5.8 and see what happens!

THANK YOU ypyean!

at last it Worked ... Thanks Trillion Times -_-

• 3 weeks later...
I patched DSDT for Nvidia G105M full support all Mac OSX. add under device PEGP and compile=> error device (VGA), Delete Device (VGA)=> compile=> remove GraphicsEnabler and reboot=> Full support HDMI, VGA, rotate.

Screenshot2010-07-15at62025AM.png

Can you show me in detail how you did that? I am very new to this world (few days) and I'd love to boot my hackintoshed HP DV3T-2000 without -x flag.

I tried all options in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] but all failed without -x flag at boot.

Thanks.

I've got a nVidia G105M in my laptop. Wondering if there is a kext available for it?

The G105M works fineat 1366x768 with nvenabler but it'd still be nice if there was a kext made specifically for it to assure me there wouldn't be any issues that could arrive in the future.

• 1 month later...
I had no problem when booting, I just takes a bit longer after (Edit:that I found that was because I had too many kexts on /Extra folder forcing to load on the boot that weren't needed) the grey loading screen but then goes smooothly!

I've dome the kext editing and now in sytem profiler my card apears with the correct name, was easy to find what to edit, it was the Nvinject.kext and in the line that has the name that your graphics card is named (9800GX2) and write right name (G 105M) and then use some program as Kext Utility 2.0 and boot with -f flag. DONE!

To bypass the 10.5.8 update I've done some more editing, I edited the SystemVersion.plist that's in /System/Library/CoreServices edit the version (10.5.7) present there to the newest one (10.5.8).

brother, i can't catch u'r mean, were u succesfully update u'r leopard to 10.5.8?

please teach us step by step :(

thx 4 the solution :blink:

• 2 months later...
Hello there. I installed Leopard on a laptop with a G105M and the resolution was stuck in 1024x768, I installed Chameleon 2 RC3 and changed the boot.plist but nothing happened, then I installed Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards.pkg and now I have a black screen.

Now, I have two questions: Is it possible to have my screen back without installing everything again?

Is there any way of having this graphic card working on 10.5.8?

Thank you

Dude..i am also stuck on this...did u manage to get t things working...

• 2 weeks later...
Can you show me in detail how you did that? I am very new to this world (few days) and I'd love to boot my hackintoshed HP DV3T-2000 without -x flag.

I tried all options in [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] but all failed without -x flag at boot.

Thanks.

OK, I uploaded my DSDT fix Gforce G105M full support any OSX 10.6.x, I think you can see in IorestryExplorer of your Laptop and find positions in DSDT and add it, :)

DSDT.aml.zip